00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Joint

47,611 Views | 1,020 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-04 21:06:00

At 6/4/04 09:03 PM, Dementhysis-lamia wrote: Abstinence is just down your alley then ^_^

That really sound like an insult....but since we are AIM Best friends ill trust you that it isnt haha...

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-05 11:02:59

Here I am again! I submitted three songs today.

Please go to
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=791099&sub=10002
and listen to them. (I would apreciate it very much if you review, so I can improve what's needed)
I was looking at my archive and I was surprised. Already 42 tracks! wow, never thought it were that many. sad only three are used in submissons...

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-05 11:09:39

It's halfway the week, and I already won the bet !!! JIPII!!!
Thanks to averyone who downloaded Dj Wicked- the windows song!!!! I won 5 € ! (not that much, but I got honour too!)

everyone who wants to listen to the (to my oppinion) most original piece o' music here. (there aren't much songs entirely made of windows sounds...), here's the link

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=791099&sub=9720

remember. DJ wicked-the windows song

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-05 12:48:19

At 6/5/04 11:09 AM, thecolony wrote: It's halfway the week, and I already won the bet !!!

Awesome...Congrats man! Wouldnt the euros come out to be like $10? Im not sure the exact amoutn..but that sounds right.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-05 14:32:52

Ok, I said I submitted 3 songs today, Now it are 6 already. 5 Classics, real nice tracks (some of them)
plz go watch them

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=791099&sub=10005

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-05 21:42:29

hay mineworker i was wondering if if u have aol....if you do im me....richbump2 we can do some talking and stuff cause u are pretty coll when ppl get to know you and u seem to know alot about drums and music in general....sry. about the two weeks ago thing man hope we can get over it

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 08:30:33

At 6/5/04 09:42 PM, RichBump2 wrote: sry. about the two weeks ago thing man hope we can get over it

Yeah its cool dude...my screen name is mineworker68, origional huh? Yeah I would know a bit about music...its basicaly my life. I have played drums for four years...so Im expected to know aabout them, even though Im still not great wit em. Feel free to post here anytime as long as there is no spam like that other club.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 16:20:48

I was wondering... It has been so calm on this tread, maybe you should recruit a few persons out of the audio portal..that way we got more posts, more music to listen to (can me possitive or negative fcourse) + there are more people to promote our own music to!
Then I have another question. I suppose everybody knows Bitey of Brackenwood (otherwise you have a gigantic hole in your culture)... I'm going to make a movie like that in the same style (a little bit more like an epos). But here comes the question; He uses very stylish music, and I was wondering if anybody knows were I can find music like that. And even if you don't know, you know what other movie would fit with it? (it got's to radiate the same feeling like "the hobbit" of lotr...

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 16:23:25

At 6/6/04 04:20 PM, thecolony wrote:

::

you know what other movie would fit with it?

I meant music, movie has to be "music" '-_-

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 17:20:09

Colony....I wish I could answer that..but I have no idea. I have tried to recruit ppl...werent you one of my recruits? :) But I think some other ppl should do it because I can run this club by myself...I had tons of work to do when it first started...i think someone should take a little off my shoulders a bit...

Finnaly got LimeWire! But I have depleted my own wish list...do any of you have reccomendations for me? Any kind of music besdies punk and country...

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 17:48:38

do any of you have reccomendations for me? Any kind of music besdies punk and country...

well some really good songs to get are:

AC/DC: ballbreaker, highway to hell, back in black, thunderstruck, high voltage, touch to much, night prowler, shook me all night long, tnt, whole lotta rosie, and who made who..

Pantera:Walk, new level, respect, fucking hostile, Becoming, 5 minutes alone, sandblasted skin, suicide note, pt. 2, war nerve, strength beyond strenth, dom/hollow, this love, im borken, electric funeral, planet cravan, im broken, cowboys from hell. cemetary gates, where you come from, I cant hide

The Doors:Touch me, break on through, wild child, back door man, tell all the people, light my fire, wishful sinful, waiting for the son, love her madly, the end, riders of the strom, when the music's over, the wasp

The Who:Baba O'Riley, Magic bus, behind blue eyes, Pinball wizard, The seeker, substitute, my generation, i cant explain, we wont get fooled again, join together.

Tenacious D:tribute, Kielbasa, wonderboy, fuck her gentley, Dio

Led Zeppelin:stairway to heaven, four sticks, going to california, good times bad times, babe im gonna leave you, dazed and confused, communication brake down, whole lotta love, Immigrant song, since i've been loving you, black dog, rock and roll, the battle of evermore (referrs to the lord of the rings!!), kashmir, all my love......well thats all i will suggest for now those are off teh top of my head man those some really good songs

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 17:51:58

Wow...you took a long time writing that...thanks for the reccomnedations...I'll my bandwidth full tonight :)

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 19:32:49

well mineworker anytime u want some suggestions hit me up and i will throw some out cause i know alot of music

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 20:24:46

hey whats up people, if you havent already heard, ZEPHYR is done with. Anyways, the worlds best guitar player is Jimmy Paige... Hes soooo good.... to all you heavy metal lovers... ROCK ON!!!

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 21:15:24

hey guys I just submitted stuff to the audio portal, I got a radio shak microphone.... and I'm having fun w/ guitar

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-06 21:17:56

At 6/6/04 05:48 PM, RichBump2 wrote: Pantera:Walk, new level, respect, fucking hostile, Becoming, 5 minutes alone, sandblasted skin, suicide note, pt. 2, war nerve, strength beyond strenth, dom/hollow, this love, im borken, electric funeral, planet cravan, im broken, cowboys from hell. cemetary gates, where you come from, I cant hide

Pantera owns when it comes to good southern rock...
Lynyrd Skynyrd is also really good, awesome songs
Freebird
Simple man
That Smell
Whats My Name
Sweet home Alabama (durr)

Creedance Clearwater Revival and whoever did Bad Moon rising, if that wasn't them

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 11:12:47

if anyone hear is into calssic rock i reconmend downloading some of the yard birds(jimmi page, jeff beck and eric clapton)....or get some hendrix: purple Haze and all along the watch tower are two of my personal favorites!!!

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 12:50:02

I recomend getting the voody child collectiong for jimmi hendrix. It has all his best work on it, including live recordings with the origional band. Sone classics like hey joe live rock!

Also, anyone here listen to jeff buckly? Now there is some amazing work!!

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 14:54:35

I think we should expand on this idea...get as many ppl to list thier favorite songs ands bands of all time...and compile a list. Im not goin to contribute because Im goin to have to compile the list...cause you guys obviously dont like the book work...but maybe some one can tally all these votes? Lets start with an easier topic and argue about it...but please no flaming!

Topic: Vocalist.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 15:29:37

Ok, now I'm becoming desperate. I'm busy on my first great project (read first great project, not first project) and I'm stuck on something. I don't now if anybody saw the trailer (link is in my signature). Well, The reviews I get are all really good( average is 8/10 to 9/10), but If some complain, It's about the sound. They all say it needs some soft background music. Now I was wondering If anybody knows a good tune to put on the background (I think something classical will be the best), or maybe you made a good one yourself... but please let me know...

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 17:07:17

At 6/7/04 03:29 PM, thecolony wrote:

:but please let me know...

You got something to dl music from? Well if you do, look up Motzart..thats always good...How bout flight of the bumble bee? That sound really good when quiet...

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 18:43:48

well in my opinion the greatest vocalist of all time would have to be: Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) he can hit the extreme highs and some lows he has a very relaxing voice and usally never misses a note

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 19:53:36

Hey can you guys all do me one small favor--- veiw my profile and go to my audio submissions and listen to at least 1 and review thats all i want is reviews from you guys telling me what i can improve before i start making more audio submissions i want to know what i can improve besides sound quality i know thats the major problem so now that i have that down just help me how you can!! thanks to all that help!!! be as harsh but fair don't say that guitar riff sucks if you don't play guitar or whatever i know its hard to judge because of the quality!!! so give me your worst

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 20:38:40

At 6/7/04 07:53 PM, ChrisCornelSux11 wrote: so give me your worst

I'll do me best...I love this kinda stuff...and if you join I'll review all that I can...I sorta review my new members so I can get a taste of what they are capable of. I clearly see you can play the guitar...but that second song...the techno....was way too basic...and had no melody. Add that basic drum beat to one of your guitar riffs and you easily have a great song.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 20:50:20

ChrisCornelSux11:
well im going to be honest with you....the riffs were very badly recorded so it sounded bad...some of your riffs were ok but some were not...i would say try a different distortion..it might be your amp too...tell me what kind of amp you got cause some amps are really shitty...other than that your riffs were ok a little more practice and they could be insane

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-07 21:20:05

Some amazing vocalists:

System of a Down: Serj Tankian
Tool: Maynard James Keenan
Paul Oakenfield (not the greatest...just a personal favorite)

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-08 12:06:41

Well my techniques are running my guitar through the line in on my computers sound blaster audfigy card with either a DOD grunge distortion or my Boss MT-2 Metal Zone then i had to lower the quality but now i have a few new techniques that i havent tried but planned on it. i do have a peavy amp a cheap rage 158 pro but i havent used that in my recordings but i have been trying some new techniques. I have only been playing guitar for a year now and as for the sound being mono......(one ear) i now have started to learn pro tools so i can make it stereo all i need is to reduce the feedback and get a crisper recording and it should all be good.............thanks for the reviews and that cheep beet was mint to be in the background of a song but i submitted that for quality testing but i will be submitting 2 new techno remixes by the end of today all i have to do is convert them it is techno remixes of the old zelda and mario cartoons using voices and noises i made a year ago on sound record they are funny as hell so dont expect too much musically wise!!! i can't wait to submit better stuff in the future and cant wait to join the audio joint just tell me how and im out just check my profile by 11 o clock tonight and u can here my sound redcorder remixes ook rambling later all

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-08 16:00:20

At 6/8/04 12:06 PM, ChrisCornelSux11 wrote: later all

Good luck with all your musical adventures haha...lets see. How is everyone today? I need some more ideas of who I should get music wise...I ran outa ideas of new bands to listen to...

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-08 18:47:12

I'd hate to bring back an old dead topic, but now that we have a lot of new and active members, what do you think about bringing back the audio joint collaberation project. We could start from scratch and include real guitar and computer sounds. We might need a new perason to head it however......anyways, what do you people think?

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Audio Joint 2004-06-08 19:51:42

At 6/8/04 06:47 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: what do you people think?

I think that it would be a great idea...if others were willing to help. I cant do much on my own....