New Topic Respond to this Topic
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-17 18:16:13 Reply

So I'm enjoying MW3 a lot more than I thought I would! Perks are balanced well in my opinion, but some of the guns... not so much. Type 95 needs a nerf, shotguns except the Striker are inconsistent even with the damage proficency, and quickscoping is way too easy. The strike package system is awesome too.

My main problems are the campers and the matchmaking once again putting me in foreign lobbies constantly, but whatever, I can deal with it. I only like 8 of the maps though, here's hoping that we get some type of wide open maps like Overgrown or even Wasteland in the future because all of the on-disc maps are small and cramped.

Oh and despite the high level cap, you can prestige in a relatively quick amount of time, it took me about 18-20 hours of playing TDM, Kill Confirmed and Domination to reach level 80.

The campaign was pretty fun to play through. Definitely better than MW2's campaign, but not quite as good as CoD4's.

The Spec Ops missions were a blast to play, but I wouldn't say they were as difficult as MW2's to be honest (besides 5 or 6 of them), plus there's not much replay value there once you've finished them on Veteran anyway. Not much to say about Survival other than it's unexpectedly fun to play, but Zombies is by far the better co-op experience.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
ZackTWY
ZackTWY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-17 19:05:00 Reply

At 11/17/11 06:16 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Oh and despite the high level cap, you can prestige in a relatively quick amount of time, it took me about 18-20 hours of playing TDM, Kill Confirmed and Domination to reach level 80.

You've played for 30+ hours and you're level 47, why lie

Joel-Gruesome
Joel-Gruesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-17 20:27:02 Reply

This is for anyone that plays zombies. I need another decent play that has the hours to help me beat my record on kino. My record on kino is 52. I'd like to play with someone who has a mi and a good record.

My GT is ripbigblind

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-18 06:48:21 Reply

At 11/17/11 06:16 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Type 95 needs a nerf,

That was the first thing I said.

shotguns except the Striker are inconsistent even with the damage proficency,

I've tried most of the shotguns, and they were all useless. I don't know why they put guns in the game if they make em so bad that no one wants to use them. The SPAS was awesome in MW2, in this it's just weak and slow. You have to be sooo close to be able to kill someone with a shotgun.

and quickscoping is way too easy. The strike package system is awesome too.

I agree. They've made sniping way to easy and kind of silly really. There's already clips on youtube of people jumping of walls, doing 360's and no scoping half way across the map only to get a headshot. It's bullshit. I thought sniping was great in blackops, they've just made it silly again.

jonathanfis
jonathanfis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-23 07:46:47 Reply

I have recently started on the MW3 Veteran Campaign and it is hard as shit! I have finished the game once but i wanted to get the achievements <:(

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-23 15:26:06 Reply

Lag deaths are annoying as fuck. Even more annoying when my connection is shown to be full the entire time, yet I'm still lagging out hard. Dunno what the problem is but it's not cool man.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-24 05:53:51 Reply

At 11/23/11 03:26 PM, NEVR wrote: Lag deaths are annoying as fuck. Even more annoying when my connection is shown to be full the entire time, yet I'm still lagging out hard. Dunno what the problem is but it's not cool man.

I know. Atleast i'm not the only one. Alot of times I'm on 2 bar, which is pretty much unplayable. But even when I'm on 3 bar, i still die alot when I'm supposedly behind a wall already.

I wish we could find out what the patches are for :/

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-28 19:11:39 Reply

So i thought I'd try my hand at free for all today. I usually stay away from it, because of the horrible spawning, but i gave it ago, mainly to win a few new titles and emblems. I ended up playing it for a few hours, on a great winning streak. I won like 8 games on the trot, and only came second in the end, cos i just started only using the model 1887 for fun :P

I did a game where i went 30-3, another at 30-2 and then finally a 30-1 (30 being the kill limit). I got the osprey gunner out a few times, which i thought i'd never do on free for all. It's ok, but people just tend to stay inside when i get it out which is quite annoying :/

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-11-30 20:03:29 Reply

So I signed up for Elite today, it's pretty much one giant combat record which covers both your MW3 and Black Ops stats, as well as providing some useful tips and tricks regarding the maps, guns and perks. I'm not spending £35 on a premium subscription though since the DLC will more than likely be crap.

However, a couple of my friends did get the Hardened Edition, and one of them started a clan today (which only premium members can do apparently) for us all to join and gain the benefits of more double XP, customizable titles and emblems and extra prestige tokens! Again, only premium members can level up the clan to gain these benefits, but seeing as how they play the game a lot more than I do, we should all gain the rewards and hit 10th prestige in no time!

One last thing, what's up with the amount of retards running around with akimbo machine pistols? So damn annoying >:/

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
laughatyourfuneral
laughatyourfuneral
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-03 14:24:49 Reply

Anyone up for a teamtactical clan match ? contact this GT: zXRoyalDeltaXz

by all means... ask

BBS Signature
laughatyourfuneral
laughatyourfuneral
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-03 14:30:35 Reply

Anyone up for a teamtactical clan match ? contact this GT: zXRoyalDeltaXz

The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters

by all means... ask

BBS Signature
Nillions
Nillions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Audiophile
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-03 14:36:44 Reply

Still undecided on MW3 for the moment. Campaign was cool didn't strike me as amazing: too many of the levels just seem like generic shooting galleries. Special Ops missions were great fun to play and challenging while not being ridiculously difficult as Snatch and Grab was, and Survival is great fun.

Multiplayer is an improvement on MW2 but very contradictive to Robert Bowling's speech at Call of Duty XP. What am I talking about? Well, Last Stand still exists, doesn't it? Except it's Final Stand and it's just as common as Last Stand, it seems, but with primary weapon instead of pistol.

Quickscoping is now much more common: it seems that every 1 out of 3 deaths I have died from it. Whether this be from how popular the play style has become, or the Sleight of Hand Pro/Quickdraw Pro/Steady Aim Pro combination made available, it's been made too accessible. And it's widening the gap between noob and veteran, the opposite of which they were trying to achieve with this advertising campaign.

Oh, and Assassin Pro? Could they have made that any easier to get? Black Ops was doing it right by making you do a variety of challenges before you could unlock the pro version of that perk. Anyone can camp and kill 20 people with a UAV in the air. Destroying 30 killstreaks while cloaked and destroying a sentry gun to get Ghost Pro? That seems much more reasonable, and prevented the perk from being massively available. At least they show up in Advanced UAV, but why make a weaker version of the Blackbird cost more points to obtain?

Ranting aside, it's still a fun game to play with fewer multiplayer flaws than MW2. Overall though, I reckon Black Ops is a significantly better package than MW3 is.

Anyway, do we have a Newgrounds clan on Elite yet? I searched for it a few nights ago hoping to find something but didn't find anything. I play on PS3 so if anyone's already set something there, then let me know. :)

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///
The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust
Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-03 20:27:52 Reply

At 12/3/11 02:36 PM, Black-Ops wrote: Still undecided on MW3 for the moment. Campaign was cool didn't strike me as amazing: too many of the levels just seem like generic shooting galleries

I heard that. It's OK though, I'm playing it on veteran at the moment but I honestly thought it would be more challenging than it is.

Well, Last Stand still exists, doesn't it? Except it's Final Stand and it's just as common as Last Stand, it seems, but with primary weapon instead of pistol.

Last Stand / Final Stand is horrendously gay.

I had a nice little session online today, mostly because I was playing with four friends who also had mics. Makes it so much easier to root out those irritating little campers when there's good communication within your team.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-03 22:44:47 Reply

At 12/3/11 08:27 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/3/11 02:36 PM, Black-Ops wrote:
I heard that. It's OK though, I'm playing it on veteran at the moment but I honestly thought it would be more challenging than it is.

I thought it was really fun but it's way too easy. COD4 was the hardest Vet campaign and since then it's just gotten easier. I haven't played Black Ops or WAW's campaigns but MW2 was significantly easier than COD4 and the same applies here.

Last Stand / Final Stand is horrendously gay.

The thing that astounds me about Final Stand is that even though it is a 4 death streak it seems to pop up all the time. It's a minor annoyance most times but it's pretty sad to see it so prevalent nonetheless.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-04 00:32:28 Reply

Fuck the Type 95, the Striker, and the FMG9s.

Me and a couple friends just experienced the worst group of players who were camping with Type 95s and FMG9s and then before that we played a match with guys using Strikers. If IW wants the game to last, they have to do something about this.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-04 08:26:12 Reply

At 12/4/11 12:32 AM, Makeshift wrote: Fuck the Type 95, the Striker, and the FMG9s.

Me and a couple friends just experienced the worst group of players who were camping with Type 95s and FMG9s and then before that we played a match with guys using Strikers. If IW wants the game to last, they have to do something about this.

I actually think the striker is ok. Most of the shotguns are unuseable, so atleast there's one you can actually get kills with. I don't see many people using it anyway.
Akimbo FMGs and MP9s do seem quite powerful, but i don't think its too much of an issue. I think the quickscoping is the worst thing. People think they're so cool doing it, but I don't think it takes much skill.
Oh, and like BlackOps said; the last stand thing is so annoying. Especially the fact that they keep their primary weapon. Grrr...

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-06 02:14:57 Reply

Hey people, imagine... MW2 with... No Stopping Power, No Commando and No Noob-tubes. You are now imagining the best fps game ever. Too bad that these three elements makes it the worst fps ever made...

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-10 15:23:28 Reply

So I was playing for an hour the other day and I got killed by a care package which made me rage a LOT. I later saw the funny side of it though, recorded it in theater and uploaded it to YouTube so everyone can watch and laugh at my misfortune!

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-10 16:10:13 Reply

At 12/10/11 03:23 PM, ShadowWest wrote: So I was playing for an hour the other day and I got killed by a care package which made me rage a LOT. I later saw the funny side of it though, recorded it in theater and uploaded it to YouTube so everyone can watch and laugh at my misfortune!

So, is it worth buying ? :)

I'd really like to know! Maybe I'll try to get it for Christmas if it has more pros than cons.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-14 19:11:28 Reply

Might get Battlefield.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-14 20:50:26 Reply

At 12/14/11 07:11 PM, NEVR wrote: Might get Battlefield.

Haha! MW3 is that bad? :P

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-14 22:33:00 Reply

At 12/14/11 08:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

I think MW3 is the best Call of Duty made. I like having both MW3 and BF3 so I can switch it up every now and again.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-14 23:05:43 Reply

At 12/14/11 10:33 PM, Makeshift wrote:
I think MW3 is the best Call of Duty made. I like having both MW3 and BF3 so I can switch it up every now and again.

I'd buy both if I didn't have the feeling that my PS3 is going to break soon. The disc reader is all fucked up. I have to try something like 20 times when I want it to read a CD. I put it back in, it fails to read it, then I pull it back out...

The PS3 is shit... It's a gigantic turd...

I have SNES an N64, a GameCube and an Xbox. All work perfectly fine. And then... the PS3. I had the first model, the fat ps3. Then it broke... my father fixed it the best he could, then it broke again 2 months later. So he bought the small shit ps3. And now I have a problem with the reader.

So that's two disonctional pieces of crap... first console was released in 2006 or whatever... I can't remember, than the smal ps3 was released a year later... or something like that.

So... I have two shitty gaming systems... all were released in the second half of the last decade. And they are broken.

But downstairs lies a SNES. A fucking console that was released in 1991 if my memory is correct. And my brother is playing on it right now. Works perfectly fine.

Now guys... tell me what the fuck is wrong with that? Except the fact that the supposedly Hi-tech shitstem is getting his ass endend to him by a 16-bit console of the early 90's.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-16 10:53:33 Reply

It's not really that bad, I was just throwing a minor hissy fit.

My issue, as I've said countless times before, is the kids who play the game. It's a factor which echoes throughout any online gaming experience but it seems all the more potent on CoD games because of the sheer popularity of the franchise.

Don't get me wrong, MW3 is a fun game and if you enjoyed previous titles (which you undoubtedly did), then it's worth buying IMO. That being said, I don't think I'm going to be buying any subsequent CoD games. I want to buy Battlefield, but only to switch over to when the little kids on CoD are pissing me off with their unsporting antics.

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-17 18:05:40 Reply

At 12/10/11 04:10 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So, is it worth buying ? :)

^what NEVR said.

Got my 3rd M.O.A.B today with the UMP45 on Lockdown and I got lots of hate mail too, it was pretty funny!

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-17 18:15:03 Reply

The new Drop Zone mode is a lot of fun

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-19 19:51:25 Reply

The amount of health they are giving in multiplayer is ridiculous, its far less than what it used to be. In MW3 you could move your ass out of on coming fire but this game is unforgiving.

The amount of comer squatting in crazy and I seem to be having trouble with the sensitivity of my pad, I have it on 4 at the moment but even at that it feels like I am dragging a ass ton of weight.

Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-20 17:14:37 Reply

At 12/19/11 07:51 PM, Lunaful wrote: The amount of health they are giving in multiplayer is ridiculous, its far less than what it used to be. In MW3 you could move your ass out of on coming fire but this game is unforgiving.

I don't think it's too bad. But there are a few things that are really annoying me. Akimbo machine pistols. Who's idea was it to make these things so damn strong? They have huge range and accuracy, it's ridiculous. You know a gun's overpowered when people use this secondary more than their primary. And there's just so many people using it, cos it will even beat an assault rifle up close >:(

The amount of comer squatting in crazy and I seem to be having trouble with the sensitivity of my pad, I have it on 4 at the moment but even at that it feels like I am dragging a ass ton of weight.

6 sensitivity is the way to go!

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-24 15:37:50 Reply

At 12/20/11 05:14 PM, Life-Stream wrote: 6 sensitivity is the way to go!

Definitely. I can't even understand how you can go any lower. Higher is insane :P But strangly some people manages to do good at very high sensitivity.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to The Call Of Duty Clan Headquarters 2011-12-26 17:52:16 Reply

Oh man I love killing these poor Christmas noobs, I got a MOAB on Bakaara with the Striker earlier today, felt good man

BBS Signature