New Topic Respond to this Topic
TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-04 18:47:49 Reply

I've been in one, and it was pimped out.

It had couches (plural) and a fucking wii.

And everyone was nice, too.

Though it was painful to listen to what the people liked.

Stop telling everyone about your Neopets/Gaiaonline account. NO ONE CARES.

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-04 18:51:04 Reply

I happened to catch a glance at the Special Ed. classroom one time back in junior high. The first thing I noticed in that room was a ball pit. It looked hella fun.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-05 15:15:53 Reply

Well it depends what kind of special ed class you are talking about. The one's for people with learning disabilities, or the ones for people with serious mental disorders.

I have experience in both.

I am in a C.A. class (curriculum assistance), which is for people with learning disabilities and is technically special ed. We get time to work on assignments, ask questions, and get help with stuff. They also teach us about things like organization.

When I was in elementary school I also volunteered to help with the autistic class a few times a week. We and some more people would go during class after lunch and do stuff with them. When we went to the classroom, we usually did stuff like read to them, play with play-dough, and play with toys. Usually we went to the library with them and read to them.

On some occasions we would take them to the art room, where the art teacher would have a simple art project for them to work on. After that we usually brought in toys to play with.

My mom used to be a teacher for people with serious learning disabilities. I mean 30 years old and still wears diapers serious. She hasn't told me a whole lot, but it seems they would work with them on things like speech, fine motor skills, and preforming everyday tasks.

I hope that answers your question.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
StickyFinguhs
StickyFinguhs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-05 15:17:58 Reply

They give you tittie milk and tell you to bend over. Trust me

GT: xDemonKidd

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-05 16:05:37 Reply

The work is easy until once you get older, it becomes annoying.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-05 16:17:25 Reply

they make you do exercizes to strengthen your mental capacities- due to a childhood incident causing me to be about 3 years behind maturity wise i had to originally be in special ed to make up for the years of learning I lost. I ended up becoming smarter than people in my grade.

It's really just an isolated learning area. Kind of like concentrated education.

BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-05 18:26:27 Reply

Well the teacher is usually a total dickwad that disrespects you and treats you like a toddler. Just because I have ADHD does not make me stupid, just figety and I can't pay attention well to math so it makes me want to be obnoxious. The rest of the people in the class usually horse around because like me, they feel disrespected and bored. The content of the class is usually a dumbed down version of whatever class its supposed to be, which is so easy its boring. There are also useless time fillers like games and shit which you get used to because its better than actually having to DO something. Sometimes the teacher uses you as free labor to clean/organize things or deliver notes. Which sucks but is a lot better than actually having to do the classwork.

WafflePerson337407
WafflePerson337407
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-05 18:53:23 Reply

ok, not like im not unhappy about all the other comments by not commenting on them, (i actually really like the amount of info and opinions you've given me ((thanks))) but this made me laugh in a cruel type of way, and yes, i do watch ytp, though i have gotten tired of some of the just mish mash line ones.

:D

The man who loves Waffles and top hats dearly! :3D - mr mustache man!

BBS Signature
WafflePerson337407
WafflePerson337407
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-05 18:56:04 Reply

I was referring to the "derp" one of megaman

The man who loves Waffles and top hats dearly! :3D - mr mustache man!

BBS Signature
Familyguy666
Familyguy666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-09 12:35:31 Reply

I had to take those classes in High School. And if you go any lower, there's Life Skills which has kids in there that can't do some basic tasks. Plus some of the kids in the rooms can be up to 21.

In fact, there's even Fundamental Acedemics, which have some disabled students.

I've had to take a class in the life skills and sometimes this kid would have meltdowns and hit teachers, leaving us to be evacuated from the room. Later he would try to get out of it, or if he can't, he has to go home.

I have meltdowns sometimes, but mostly maybe just 4 a year, compared to having a shitload back in elementary school.

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-09 15:48:22 Reply

At 11/4/10 05:26 PM, PikaRobo wrote: It does NOT mean that you are in any way retarded. (in some cases that may be true, but could just be one of the many other explanations.) A special/resource room is a special/smaller room that mainly focuses on each student independently or uses a different method of teaching for students who have a certain disability (issues in learning, behavior, development, etc.) or uses a different approach of the lesson for those who might find it harder the normal way. They are not made to keep some students contained in any way, but just provides a different way of teaching, a student in a resource class can accomplish just as much if not more then in any regular class. I prefer the word 'resource', as it just sounds offensive calling them special. Since people will most likely confuse and associate the classes for souly the mentally retarded. And since the classes are technically specialized for students with learning disabilities, I can see how people can easily assume that. Out of the many resource kids I met over the years, they were definitely assholes who I wanted dead, but none of the were certainly retarded.

Pretty much all this. I was in mostly Resource classes due to the fact the mainstream classes were worse. It was just them dicking around in the mainstream so that's why I switched to resource. The kids aren't really retarded but kinda annoying in a way. But I met some pretty cool people otherwise.

Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature
Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to What's a special ed. class like? 2010-11-10 01:06:54 Reply

At 11/4/10 05:23 AM, WafflePerson337407 wrote:

Thanks and have a merry belated halloween!

I just noticed this.Halloween is over dude.

Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature