00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

New York City Meet-up 2011

31,959 Views | 372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-02-28 19:18:30


I finished adding the photos to that hub page. As i run into more, i'll sprinkle em in, but i think I'm done. If you are heavily opposed to a photo in there or you look particularly unhandsome, just drop me a pm and ill pull it. I have a meet next weekend so i wanted to make sure this was up fairly quickly.

Also, im switching servers tmrw, so there might be some minor downtime on my site.

photos and such


None

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-02-28 22:01:54


Next year....Im gonna get in that bar...

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-02-28 22:14:25


Credit goes to MindChamber for this drawing. I feel as though more people need to see this.

New York City Meet-up 2011


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-01 05:48:17


At 2/28/11 07:18 PM, Luis wrote: I finished adding the photos to that hub page. As i run into more, i'll sprinkle em in, but i think I'm done. If you are heavily opposed to a photo in there or you look particularly unhandsome, just drop me a pm and ill pull it.

As opposed to just the ordinary kind of unhandsome? (LOL)

BTW, I just got into collecting watches and forgot to ask what you were sporting on Saturday.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-01 09:08:56


Oh yes. For some odd reason my camera decided to date everything 200 years in the future. It got pretty harsh with the weather here after the meet, so we lucked out. Leaving nyc today and with that the meet is concluded. Cymbal's job really does serve the best chocolate cake in the world btw.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-01 14:01:29


OH HAI MERC! =3

So merc left this morning from my job and got to experience first hand my shitty commute. We pretty much just hung out ordered pizza and chinese, watched some movies, bullshitted about everything and drank TONS of rum for the remaining days he was here. We really gotta chill again merc. Anytime your in new york you definitely have a place to stay man. Good times.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-01 23:30:26


At 3/1/11 02:01 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: OH HAI MERC! =3

So merc left this morning from my job and got to experience first hand my shitty commute. We pretty much just hung out ordered pizza and chinese, watched some movies, bullshitted about everything and drank TONS of rum for the remaining days he was here. We really gotta chill again merc. Anytime your in new york you definitely have a place to stay man. Good times.

LOL. Thanks man. Anytime you wanna be bored as fuck and do nothing except drink, you're welcome down here as well. Though, I'm 99% sure that I'm going to have a rifle soon, so we can go to a firing range and shoot shit as well. I knew you were good people from chatting it up with you all the time, but I didn't expect us to be bro status LMAO. My guy Cymbal :)

(There's cum on my pants)

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-02 00:51:10


Total budget for the meet including train tix = 700 dollars.

Getting wasted and having an awesome fucking time = priceless.

I've never been wasted for 5 days straight like that.

And damn right it was worth it. I brought two packs of cigs with me, and by day 2 of the meet, they were all gone.

LMAO. Course, I handed out a bunch of em. HEY MERC CAN I HAVE A CIG

(wasted as shit) HERE ALL OF YOU TAKE ONE.

lol.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-02 02:29:37


At 3/1/11 10:42 PM, DannyJay wrote: here are the videos from my macbook. i'll put the flipcam videos up either later tonight or tomorrow more likely.

karaoke 2 (the actual singing part)

Two thumbs up for the mirror image vid.
(I was wondering for a bit why I was sitting at the wrong end of the room the whole time.)

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-02 02:32:01


At 3/1/11 10:42 PM, DannyJay wrote: karaoke 1

Says it has been removed by user.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-04 17:28:40


At 3/4/11 03:05 PM, DannyJay wrote: Done. Hope you guys enjoy.

Ah, that was fucking sweet. Thanks for uploading that, dude.

I think Rob still has that picture of me enjoying that awesome pineapple hot dog. Hope he posts it.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-11 04:12:10


At 3/4/11 05:28 PM, Monocrom wrote:
At 3/4/11 03:05 PM, DannyJay wrote: Done. Hope you guys enjoy.
Ah, that was fucking sweet. Thanks for uploading that, dude.

I think Rob still has that picture of me enjoying that awesome pineapple hot dog. Hope he posts it.

How many of us ate pineapple dogs? I know I ate 2 of them. Great drunk food.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-20 22:47:29


I live in Los angles, i would go if i had money..

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-20 23:10:21


At 3/20/11 10:53 PM, DannyJay wrote: it was a month ago..

Indeed it was.

I'm considering moving the next meet from February back to March or possibly even late May. What ultimately happens largely depends on the input I get.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-20 23:15:21


Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-20 23:26:11


At 3/20/11 11:14 PM, DannyJay wrote: Maybe mid April. if not then maybe even memorial day weekend.

Memorial Day weekend is more likely as April is Pico Day month. When two big meets are scheduled too close to each other, that can cause problems. That's why my favorite time of the year is early on.

At 3/20/11 11:15 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 5309

5'd. Everyone else do the same.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 01:00:29


At 3/11/11 04:12 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 3/4/11 05:28 PM, Monocrom wrote:
At 3/4/11 03:05 PM, DannyJay wrote: Done. Hope you guys enjoy.
Ah, that was fucking sweet. Thanks for uploading that, dude.

I think Rob still has that picture of me enjoying that awesome pineapple hot dog. Hope he posts it.
How many of us ate pineapple dogs? I know I ate 2 of them. Great drunk food.

Sorry. Thought the thread was dead.

I had two pineapple dogs with the works. They were wrapped in bacon and had pineapples and onions and I think other good shit toosed on top as well. Bit strapped for cash right now. But I'm going back there soon.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 01:04:41


At 3/20/11 11:10 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
I'm considering moving the next meet from February back to March or possibly even late May. What ultimately happens largely depends on the input I get.

I vote March.

May is far too close to Summer. No offense to anyone who likes Summer, but Summer is beyond ridiculous in NYC. Carry two juggs of water in each hand, and MAYBE it'll be enough to stay hydrated . . . Maybe.

As for the flash short, I couldn't give it a 6, so it had to be a 5 only. (Feels nice to be immortalized on NG.)

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 17:08:35


At 3/20/11 11:26 PM, DannyJay wrote:
At 3/20/11 11:15 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 5309
that was beautiful :3 loved the ending

what took so long?

THERES CUM ON MY PANTSSSSSSSSSSS. TIP YOUR BARTENDER AND SHIT IN ANY BOXES YOU HAVE.

Great flash!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 17:43:01


At 3/21/11 01:04 AM, Monocrom wrote: I vote March.

I vote March as well.

Perhaps the time of equinox (like this past weekend) would be good.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 17:49:41


At 3/21/11 05:43 PM, Painbringer wrote: Perhaps the time of equinox (like this past weekend) would be good.

I had that time in mind anyway. It seems reasonable because the weather generally tends to be on the more moderate side and is rarely blisteringly hot.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 19:15:37


I'd prefer May, if anything for the sake of trying something new. Itd be good to actually include outdoor activities at this event some day. Theres like central park and coney island and a bunch of other outdoor shit that doesnt cost any money (well coney island does but even just wandering the boardwalk would be something different). Montreal meet used to be during cold weather months and when it was moved to warmer months it made it a ton better. I know change is hard but yeaaaa.


None

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 19:18:51


At 3/21/11 07:15 PM, Luis wrote: I'd prefer May, if anything for the sake of trying something new. Itd be good to actually include outdoor activities at this event some day. Theres like central park and coney island and a bunch of other outdoor shit that doesnt cost any money (well coney island does but even just wandering the boardwalk would be something different). Montreal meet used to be during cold weather months and when it was moved to warmer months it made it a ton better. I know change is hard but yeaaaa.

Bunch of fat virgin newgrounders tossing a pigskin back and forth playing two handed touch in central park.

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ME!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-21 20:45:24


At 3/21/11 07:18 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: pigskin

People should really stop calling it that, because modern footballs are made of leather, not pig intestine!

Also, May may (pun) be too warm for Gorry, and a few others, to handle.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-22 03:27:10


At 3/21/11 08:45 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/21/11 07:18 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: pigskin
People should really stop calling it that, because modern footballs are made of leather, not pig intestine!

Also, May may (pun) be too warm for Gorry, and a few others, to handle.

I can get a bloody moist sack of intestines from the farmer's market downtown if you wish.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-22 14:11:52


At 3/21/11 08:45 PM, Painbringer wrote: Also, May may (pun) be too warm for Gorry, and a few others, to handle.

thats a heteronym not a pun.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-22 14:41:11


At 3/22/11 02:11 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: thats a heteronym not a pun.

In grade 3 we only learned about antinyms and HOMOnyms.

There was never any mention of HETEROnyms, but somehow I understood their concept.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-22 17:59:44


At 3/22/11 02:41 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/22/11 02:11 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: thats a heteronym not a pun.
In grade 3 we only learned about antinyms and HOMOnyms.

There was never any mention of HETEROnyms, but somehow I understood their concept.

HOMOphones are cool too. my username is a HOMOphone

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-03-23 01:11:27


At 3/21/11 07:15 PM, Luis wrote: I'd prefer May, if anything for the sake of trying something new. Itd be good to actually include outdoor activities at this event some day. Theres like central park and coney island and a bunch of other outdoor shit that doesnt cost any money (well coney island does but even just wandering the boardwalk would be something different). Montreal meet used to be during cold weather months and when it was moved to warmer months it made it a ton better. I know change is hard but yeaaaa.

We could do what the vampires did in that crappy sequel to a crappy movie . . . A pick-up game of softball perhaps. Maybe just a tiny bit less gay though.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2011 2011-04-21 16:57:58


I'd say this sums up the meet pretty well.

New York City Meet-up 2011


BBS Signature