00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do you stop trolls?

4,282 Views | 69 Replies

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-21 20:58:12

1: Troll them even harder. Trolls are usually people who are just projecting pent up anger issues at other people and they'll always choose the easiest target to hit. Like Justin Bieber. Usually they'll determine this based on any material you create and attack that, seeing as how, unless you make it public, they know nothing else about you and that you're probably sensitive about your work.

Try to ridicule them on the grounds that they're losers and if that's not extreme enough well, you might have to become a real asshole and poke around to bush to find abuse issues.

2: Block them. This is the verbal equivalency to that of smushing your own shit in their face. If they create alt accounts to call you a coward for it, reply with "wow you're a loser" and block them immediately after. This will piss them off more than anything in the world and will eventually get rid of them.

3: Never reply to them at all. You'll become immediately boring to them and they'll find someone else to troll.

4: If the user creates multiple alt accounts, contact an admin and let them know that they're breaking the rules while listing all the alt accounts they've been using.

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-21 21:10:11

OP, you're confusing trolls with utter jerks.

When I run into a troll, I deal with them by going, "Hey, you're a troll? People often call me a troll. Do you wanna go troll some sites with me?" and now we're friends. That's how I made friends with most of the people on Newgrounds.

When I run into an utter jerk, if we're arguing and I'm losing, I go, "HAHAHAHAHAH I JUST TROLLD U"

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-21 21:13:35

Pay them a cheap hoe so they can feel loved once in a while. <3
Actually, i guess ignoring works better.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-21 21:15:07

At 10/18/10 11:10 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: How do you stop people who are being complete and utter jerks?

How do you stop trolls? With a big pointy stick. Then you just start swinging it at them.

Stand back, Troll. Back I say! BACK!

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-22 13:22:54

This was the comment he left that started all this meanness

"HiryuGouki says:

"Look at me, I'm Redfeather! I make fun of people, I'm a faggot...nya nya nyah! I wanna suck Wong's dick! I made fun of Rina-Chan! Nyah Nyah Nyah...I suck balls and love licking cock!" That's you, man...all you. Only faggots make fun of the beautiful Rina-Chan in a flash movie.

BTW, your art is shit and so is your face. Go cry to your mommy douche bag."

To think it all could have been avoided ...

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-22 13:24:12

BBS Signature

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-22 14:02:33

Guys, i have golden solution for you:

1. Don't reply them. That's obvious.

2. But here, on the BBS i just found a new way. Sinking.

Today ReturnofTomsPulp made a spam thread. I told him he's troll, and of course he argued. I abandoned the thread, and started replying older threads, till his thread was gone to the page 2, where nobody will ever see it again.

I fucking sunk it.

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-23 09:49:12

At 10/22/10 01:22 PM, Redfeather wrote: This was the comment he left that started all this meanness

"HiryuGouki says:

"Look at me, I'm Redfeather! I make fun of people, I'm a faggot...nya nya nyah! I wanna suck Wong's dick! I made fun of Rina-Chan! Nyah Nyah Nyah...I suck balls and love licking cock!" That's you, man...all you. Only faggots make fun of the beautiful Rina-Chan in a flash movie.

BTW, your art is shit and so is your face. Go cry to your mommy douche bag."

To think it all could have been avoided ...

After looking through his old news posts, I almost feel sorry for him. He didn't seem nearly as rude or angry when he first came here in early '09, but then he discovered Deviantart...

What is it about DA that turns a growing artist into a psychological wreck incapable of living without praise?

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-23 10:01:41

Step 1: Leave them alone
Step 2: Become them
Step 3: Troll others
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit.

Damnit Timmy, you beat me to it...

Response to How do you stop trolls? 2010-10-23 11:07:33

You either ignore them or have them banned. I know that on YouTube and here on Newgrounds you can block really annoying people. I am not sure what the policies are for 4chan or anything else, but given the fact that it is, well, 4chan, I would not be surprised if you could simply do whatever you wanted. Hopefully, other websites like Fark and SomethingAwful have better policies to get rid of those guys.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock