00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What was the thing that inspire u?

1,668 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

what was that one thing that you seen during childhood that released that spark in you?

The spark that said i want to be a great animator

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-16 22:01:10

tv animated shows :)

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-16 23:42:15

Chris O'Neil was my inspiration.

What's it gonna be? You have to decide.

Tits, or destiny...

...Tits...

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-17 11:48:47

Samurai Champloo

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-17 13:52:47

our fellow newgrounders "alvin earthworm" and "terkoiz1"

BBS Signature

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-29 04:16:44

I like to watch animation shows...and its inspire me most...

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-30 22:10:13

Horror movies probably did it for me. I would always think: "One day I want to make one of those!".

BBS Signature

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-31 00:07:44

Seeing Disney and saying, "How the fuck toes he make that much money!?!"

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-31 06:02:53

Well I heard about the animator life style as a kid. Non stop partying, a girl for each day of the week, drugs and all that money.
Definitely the best decision I made in my life.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-31 07:09:44

alenbecker's "animator vs animation"......and the anime series "naruto",but iam also a mech engineer...... :)

don't give up....

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-10-31 13:43:04

my insparetion is fiory party the guy from naruto randomness he so good at animtion as god

What was the thing that inspire u?

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-01 18:16:37

At 10/16/10 11:42 PM, StompRocket2009 wrote: Chris O'Neil was my inspiration.

This.

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-02 17:41:18

Ever since i sawa Shock 1 & 2 xD I was into sticks but now i got a tablet so im doing anime :3

Even a broken clock works twice a day :3

Yeah, I dont get it either

BBS Signature

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-02 18:59:28

Homestar Runner.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-06 11:06:29

cartoons on tv

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-06 12:28:36

LegendaryFrog. To me, he used to be the one animator to rule them all.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-06 21:57:24

Watching Tom and Jerry with my grandpa.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-08 15:32:10

Well, a lot of things inspired me to become an animator. But the main thing that inspired me to become an animator was something that had nothing to do with animation, but it gave me an idea for an awesome Cartoon.

"The Book of Enoch" The story of how Satan has became the Fallen Angel.

"David and Goliath"

"The Odyesse"

"Wizard of Oz"

"Journey to the West"

"Hanzel and Gretel"

And many other Fables. My teacher would read these books and they had amazing illustrations. I loved the stories. I imagined them like a cartoon. I wanted to tell epic stories like these. So I became an animator. Though still working on my first piece. The script is nearly finished and I still haven't decided on a title.

To aspire to "fit in" or achieve normality, is to achieve mediocrity. Mediocrity is the painful reminder that you are nothing special.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-13 23:15:51

Madness combat krinkels made im working on flash right now.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-14 11:25:00

Seeing Unbalanced (The first one) I had no idea what 'Flash' Was, so I tried to make it in pivot. xD

It failed.

Seriously.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-15 18:46:32

At 11/6/10 12:28 PM, PBass wrote: LegendaryFrog. To me, he used to be the one animator to rule them all.

Same, LF made we want to try out animation for the first time. Once I saw Adam Phillips and "Bitey of Brackenwood" though, that's when I decided I wanted to be "an animator" It's been the continued influence of my fellow newgrounders that has convinced me to try to pursue a career in this.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-19 23:16:05

Andrew Kepple.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-20 13:27:37

I've done some animations on book pages since i was 9-10... then last march i saw david firth's animations. Totally changed my life, i'm trying to do a decent animation on flash and photoshop since then.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-22 09:21:33

Leonard Rossiter

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-11-25 22:09:42

xiao xiao 3

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-12-01 17:33:20

Quite simply, it was this movie:

John n' Richie were the reason I picked myself up a copy of Flash. At the time, CS3 was brand new, so I saved some money by buying Flash 8. Yes, it was a legal transaction. Perfect Kirby presented the idea that many video game characters can come together under a single world, or story. The idea had been done before, but only in sprite form. I wanted in. My spiritual tribute to Perfect Kirby became "Nintendo Story and ran for four episodes until I lost interest. Actually, I started losing interest sometime after the second movie. It had gotten off to such a rough start that I couldn't bring myself to continue. Animators often delete their previous works that they're not proud of, but I kept mine. I'm not sure why.

But regardless, even though Pikanjo have seemingly quit Perfect Kirby altogether as a result of college and adult life, I continue to find reason to keep trying, even after my list of failures. I like Flash, I just need to realize that more often.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-12-02 07:36:21

At 10/17/10 01:52 PM, Randomguy78 wrote: our fellow newgrounders "alvin earthworm" and "terkoiz1"

Stickmen and sprites... I consider them to be hindering and tumor like to proper animations and animators of the internet. They're simple and extremely easy to use; with sprites you don't have to draw anything and anyone can draw a stickman... and so many people who can't draw or just can't be bothered spending time on animations resort to sprites and stickmen movies. Then for some reason so many people enjoy all the many crappy stickmen and sprite movies that are made and all the better animations are extremely over looked and ignored in comparison.

end rant
At 11/6/10 09:57 PM, Kollskegg wrote: Watching Tom and Jerry with my grandpa.

My grandpa likes that show too.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-12-02 13:32:41

At 12/2/10 07:36 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 10/17/10 01:52 PM, Randomguy78 wrote: our fellow newgrounders "alvin earthworm" and "terkoiz1"
Stickmen and sprites... I consider them to be hindering and tumor like to proper animations

truthfully, and I hate to admit this, but I kinda like sprites, and if it wasn't for sprites I wouldn't be on newgrounds probably. I am sick of all the naruto vs sasuke sprite movies that come out every day though, those suck.

BBS Signature

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-12-02 17:12:47

At 12/2/10 01:32 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 12/2/10 07:36 AM, CloudEater wrote: Stickmen and sprites... I consider them to be hindering and tumor like to proper animations
truthfully, and I hate to admit this, but I kinda like sprites, and if it wasn't for sprites I wouldn't be on newgrounds probably. I am sick of all the naruto vs sasuke sprite movies that come out every day though, those suck.

Disappoint... I prefer stickmen to sprites, people who use sprites don't have to draw anything at all, they just tween other peoples work around the stage.

Response to What was the thing that inspire u? 2010-12-02 20:45:46

after seeing genryu's blade by nelson hurst i wanted to do something awesome