00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If germany won WWI

5,150 Views | 69 Replies

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-16 18:54:40

Germany wouldn't try to attack America on home field, at first. Opposing forces would've crippled them or at least spit in their eye, they would've waited a few years.

WWII wouldn't have happened the way we know it today, but after Germany licked it's wounds, it would start assaults on the Americas and Canada.

After a few years of tug and pull, America would fall due to a lack of resources, and Germany and it's allies would become the omni government of the world.

Hitler quite possible would've come into power, because revenge for the loss of WWI was only a secondary goal.

One domino falls after another and Jews and Blacks are wiped off and the world becomes a drastically changed, stable, yet un-diversified place.

A writer spills his soul on paper. What happens when the pencil breaks?

My work: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1206496

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-16 18:54:52

At 10/16/10 06:09 PM, Monocrom wrote: Kinda obvious that if Germany won WWI, Nazism wouldn't exist. Hitler would be an unknown, failed, artist. Perhaps he would just dislike Jews instead of outright hate them, since he blamed Germany's humiliating defeat on their behind the scenes schemes.

Best answer so far. The Germans would not have had a depression in the 20's, Hitler would have stayed unknown.
But there's no telling what the Central Powers would have done to the Triple Entente. Perhaps it would be the reverse outcome.
WWII probably would have happened still, but much differently, and possibly on a smaller scale.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-16 18:59:27

At 10/16/10 06:54 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Best answer so far. The Germans would not have had a depression in the 20's, Hitler would have stayed unknown.
But there's no telling what the Central Powers would have done to the Triple Entente. Perhaps it would be the reverse outcome.
WWII probably would have happened still, but much differently, and possibly on a smaller scale.

Depends if the Germans would be so strict on the Treaty of Versailles equivalent. You could say that they wouldn't be such assholes since there was no revanchism like France had because of the humiliation of the Franco-Prussian war.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-16 19:27:39

Maybe France would have been the one to have a Fascist expansionist government to take power and try to invade Germany?

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-16 19:43:57

Germany couldn't win WW1. After being exhausted from beating all of their European neighbors, the best they could have hoped for was a truce with us as our trade routes became threatened.

Tying =/= Winning

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-16 20:03:45

If Germany had won WW1, Britain and/or France would probably have been forced to sign some humiliating treaty similar to Versailles. That could have meant that the events whcih led to WW2 occured, only this time in Britain and/or France

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-16 22:19:03

At 10/16/10 03:48 PM, MiroDK wrote:
At 10/16/10 03:42 PM, Lorkas wrote:
At 10/16/10 03:40 PM, Gagsy wrote: I wouldn't be alive.
Hitler's your great grandad?
But Hitler would probably still be alive. And have children too.

I'd say Germany would probably become the mightiest military power in the world if they won, they'd probably be more powerful than the US today, or at least competing equally. But there's no telling what would happen in the Cold War..IF, there was a Cold War.

Actually he wouldn't have had children because he only had one testicle...

He was the one-nut wonder! No wonder he wanted to take over the world.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 08:50:55

At 10/16/10 08:03 PM, Dogbert581 wrote: If Germany had won WW1, Britain and/or France would probably have been forced to sign some humiliating treaty similar to Versailles. That could have meant that the events whcih led to WW2 occured, only this time in Britain and/or France

However, thinking about it a bit more, it depends when Germany won it. For instance if they had won it near the start the losing sides would have got away with only minor territorial concessions - Britain would probably still be the largest power in the world and Russia would remain an autocratic empire

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 09:23:21

im sure the world would be much better

cop

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 10:14:52

Well Hitler wouldn't hate the Jews if Germany had won and the country would of not been crippled and full of civil unrest which allowed him to take power.

So if Germany had won, the Holocaust would of never happened and maybe the The second world war would not of happened which means no nuclear weapons and no cold war?

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 10:23:05

At 10/16/10 03:37 PM, Lorkas wrote: I really wish Germany had won World War I. The world would be a better place to live in.

What we really should talk about is how you came to the conclusion that 'the world' would be a better place.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 12:22:35

At 10/16/10 06:14 PM, RPGCrazyCritic wrote:
At 10/16/10 03:53 PM, Sequenced wrote: Same question as what will the world be like if the Romans had maintained their empire until technology was invented.
The word you're looking for is "Modern Technology."

Yeah, that's what I meant.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 12:26:28

At 10/16/10 03:37 PM, Lorkas wrote: I really wish Germany had won World War I. The world would be a better place to live in.

What would have happened had Germany really won? Discuss it here.

Germany would've probably gotten more offshore colonies, but with the added territories of the treaty with the Russians it would've become more and more like Austria-Hungary, which had to introduced Hungarian monarchs in order to prevent being overthrown.

France would've also lost alot of its territory possibly, Italy as well.

Its hard to tell since it didn't happen.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 12:30:44

At 10/16/10 04:29 PM, Bassanova-001 wrote: You know WW1 was before hitler's time, right? Many Jews fought with and against Germany in WW1.

Hitler fought in WWI. It was just before he was in politics.

heh.

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 12:36:50

At 10/17/10 12:30 PM, lebhockey7 wrote:
At 10/16/10 04:29 PM, Bassanova-001 wrote: You know WW1 was before hitler's time, right? Many Jews fought with and against Germany in WW1.
Hitler fought in WWI. It was just before he was in politics.

This is true hence how he lost on of his balls but lets not linger on hitler he was just a soldier in WW1 and we're not talking about WW2. If Germany had won the nazi's wouldn't have existed, Germans turned to the nazi's because they promised a job and food. And if not for the genocide of the jews Isreal would probably not exist (not like I'm saying that was a good thing..) And as for the european empires they would have all collapsed from within over time but it would be a very different world for sure.

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 13:18:56

Well firstly WW2 wouldn't have happened.

And Germany would have a powerful influence over the world, much like Russia these days. They would also be feared amongst the lesser people, such as the Balkan countries.

Placeholder signature.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 13:20:56

Most of us would be dead.

Unless you have blonde hair and blue eyes.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-17 18:19:58

At 10/17/10 01:20 PM, steph2568 wrote: Most of us would be dead.

Unless you have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Once again, World War 1, not 2.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-26 20:29:33

At 10/16/10 04:59 PM, MrPercie wrote: Hitler would existed (likely) but he wouldnt come to power as germany wouldnt have been devasted by WW1 for them to rise up for revenge again

But really, germany wanted nothing from europe from the war. They were just in it to help serbia. so if anything britiain and france would be safe, just they lost the war for what ever they were preventing germany (and the triple alliance) from achieveing (which wasent qorld domination).

So if anything probably nothing would change

Well Germany was actually protecting Austria Hungary, who attacked Serbia. Russia attacked Austria so basically German was helping Austria.
France probably wouln't be safe because Germany and France fought a LOT before WWI and WWI would just be the deal breaker. France territory would probably go to the Germans.
Britain would probably start a war after that with Germany because their U-Boats would cause their navy to rival Britains, and Britain likes being the head hancho of the sea.
Meanwhile Russia probably would have got their asses kicked (if Germany had won) and would be in revolution again which probably would just help communism start up.
Countries like Belgium, Denmark (i think) and switzerland would probably be absorbed in either Germany or Austria.

Before the war Germany had things going down. They had a great economy with a passable army(wasn't the best) and things like workers comp and such, so If they DID win the war then they would be strong still, and not go through civil dispute like they did once they lost. And without that dispute, people like Hitler ranting about Jews being the source of faliure and such would never had happened. Hell, he'd probably be locked up. Ha.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-26 21:17:13

Who bumped this?

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-26 21:17:20

You weren't alive then so shut up.

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-26 21:22:23

WW1 was just a petty dispute between countries showing off at each other. England I suppose would have gotten Germany's economic crisis instead and some other things in the treaty of Versailles and thats about it. The biggest change would be that Hitler wouldn't have likely got to power without the crisis to trigger uprisings, who knows might have gotten an Edward Hitler in England instead.

All in all sure it would have changed the past which is bad of course, but wouldn't have caused much of an issue otherwise its not like it was an important war.

Then again if you go with Red Alert stopping the Nazis gaining power turned out badly for the world.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-26 21:31:45

At 10/17/10 01:22 PM, VinnyXY wrote: If WWII never happened then the Cold War would've also never happened. WWI caused WWII and eventually led to the Cold War.

How so? If Russia turned into the Soviet Union, there would still be two blocks, only the order of things would've been different. Maybe Germany would be leading the capitalist side, or maybe a sort of 'EU', or another emergent superpower.

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-27 00:22:58

ITT: No one knows their fucking history

WW2 had Hitler, not WW1

I know lots of people have said this, but seriously way more have made some comment about Nazi's or Hitler.

Actually I think if Germany had won WW1, maybe the world is better off. No Hitler coming to power in Germany, so probably no WW2, and maybe there's not even nuclear weapons since there's no WW2. I kinda doubt that though, since scientists would have realized the potential of nuclear power, both for destruction and energy, eventually.

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-27 00:28:28

At 10/27/10 12:22 AM, Lagatag wrote: ITT: No one knows their fucking history

WW2 had Hitler, not WW1

I know lots of people have said this, but seriously way more have made some comment about Nazi's or Hitler.

Actually I think if Germany had won WW1, maybe the world is better off. No Hitler coming to power in Germany, so probably no WW2, and maybe there's not even nuclear weapons since there's no WW2. I kinda doubt that though, since scientists would have realized the potential of nuclear power, both for destruction and energy, eventually.

Nuclear weapons will still be made, sadly. I agree it would of been better. Or if England and France weren't bitches and didn't punished Germany after the war even the US told them not to.

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-27 00:37:35

Yes, the loss in WWI for Germany was one of the main reasons for WWII. Hitler wanted payback, in a nutshell. He thought the reparations they had to pay was unfair (they had to basically pay for WWI). He thought the humiliation was unfair. Germany was given a limitation on their military size and couldn't place troops in certain places as a result of the Treaty of Paris. So Germany was pretty pissed. WWII might not have even of happened had the Germans one the first world war.

http://www.deltabasicweb.com

Simple, effective and affordable web design.

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-27 03:56:43

At 10/16/10 03:40 PM, Piss wrote:
At 10/16/10 03:39 PM, Lorkas wrote:
At 10/16/10 03:38 PM, Piss wrote:
At 10/16/10 03:37 PM, Lorkas wrote: What would have happened had Germany really won? Discuss it here.
everyone would look like hitler and cigarettes would be banned
WWI =/= WWII
germany = WWII

fail....

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-27 04:26:10

At 10/16/10 03:53 PM, Sequenced wrote: Same question as what will the world be like if the Romans had maintained their empire until technology was invented.

Same question, what if the Babylonians had used the technology that they had 6,000 years ago to better effect? I don't think Alexander would have been so great.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-27 05:27:58

I would be in happy ol' Hong Kong and since Britain is now german, it would be a German Colony :D

By Life Stream

BBS Signature

Response to If germany won WWI 2010-10-27 11:01:30

Well, it would have probably stopped World War II, so then Hitler would not have risen to power. Then again, if Germany was in a fine state afterwards, Hitler would get more powerful. Of course, one of the reasons he got so powerful was that he feeded off the Germans' anger of being defeated in the first world war, so maybe he would not come into power at all? I do think it would probably be pretty bad, but not as bad if they won the second world war.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock