00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Teenagers these days

4,085 Views | 55 Replies

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 19:47:56

At 10/7/10 06:56 PM, AtomicD00M wrote: Your name is Logan?!

I was leaning more towards this guy...

syphon filter was the shit as a kid

Teenagers these days

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 20:42:53

OP is retarded. Clearly falling for another attention whore who doesn't mean anything to society and then to make things worse makes a thread about her.

U guyz herd about james skwared? I herd he haz multi-page thred!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1095899/1

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 20:48:57

Kids are spoiled nowadays. Plain and simple. Of course, I am not one of them, coming from a poor family and being happy with everything I have. But other kids are complainers.

Sometimes when I hear kids complaining out loud, I say to myself: "Post a thread about it on the Newgrounds BBS.". I would always laugh imagining how that would turn out.

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 21:07:26

At 10/7/10 08:46 PM, Yrtnej wrote: OP is an insensitive prick with no original ideas. Move to Africa? Srsly?

One thing that you won't realize until you've had a reality check is that people don't always have the strength to deal with their own problems. That's why they look for help and compassion from their friends and family.

This concept is frighteningly easy to understand.
This broken girl came to you looking for a shoulder to cry on, and you turned her away in the most asshat way possible. Good job, you kicked a dog while it was down, then posted about it on Newgrounds; do you want a fucking medal?

What he said.

Really, you're complaining about teenagers being self-absorbed while you acted like a complete self-righteous asshole to someone who was having a vulnerable moment?

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 21:11:53

Oh look, another rant about how teens are pretentious pieces of depressed bullshit.

Teenagers these days

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 21:19:52

At 10/7/10 09:07 PM, IAmTheDarkWizard wrote: Really, you're complaining about teenagers being self-absorbed while you acted like a complete self-righteous asshole to someone who was having a vulnerable moment?

Being sad is fine, but saying your life is worse than those of the children of Africa, who have no home, little food and water, and some of which live in a war zone, and most of which will be lucky to see tomorrow....well....saying that makes you a complete fucking asshole.

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 21:22:33

They curse like a fifty year old sailor, overreact to the slightest upset in their life, text and go on Facebook, and treat everything like it affects their future forever.

/thread

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 22:03:44

At 10/7/10 09:07 PM, IAmTheDarkWizard wrote:
At 10/7/10 08:46 PM, Yrtnej wrote: OP is an insensitive prick with no original ideas. Move to Africa? Srsly?

One thing that you won't realize until you've had a reality check is that people don't always have the strength to deal with their own problems. That's why they look for help and compassion from their friends and family.

This broken girl came to you looking for a shoulder to cry on, and you turned her away in the most asshat way possible. Good job, you kicked a dog while it was down, then posted about it on Newgrounds; do you want a fucking medal?
What he said.

Really, you're complaining about teenagers being self-absorbed while you acted like a complete self-righteous asshole to someone who was having a vulnerable moment?

Oh for fucks sake spare me the whiny little child attitude. This world ain't one of kitten farts and rainbow kises; It's the real one. I've dealt with this girl more times than i care to count because she goes out, dates some druggy fuck with kids, then crys about it later how he bwoke her heawt.
Bullshit.

If she was an actual close friend, i'd give her more than enough sympany. But this girl, like some of you said, makes problems just so she can fish for compliments n shit.
I feel no pity towards people who injure themselves for attention and half-assed self confidence boosts.

Where was this girl at when i had a problem to talk about? Probably out bangin some meth'd up father.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 22:16:21

I actually completely get where the OP is coming at. I've got no real problem with being that shoulder to cry on, but it's not so much that teenagers have problems in their lives so much as they insist that their problems are worse then everyone else's and it just fucking chips away at my patience. Course, then I tell them a bit about my life and they shut the hell up, but it's everywhere - that emo fat chick crying on the bus, the walls filled with teenagers rolling around in self-pity.

But it's the generation of today, thinking that life should be fair. No idea how it's going to get fix, the whole "shut them the hell up", when I'm actually pretty sure that on some level they want to be fucked up by life - to get the attention and pity of others in their lives, the comforting arms and the knowledge that they are special in life. Eh.

Anyway, I agree with OP. Teenagers suck, and I'm one of them too.

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 22:17:00

I hate that.
People who actually have gone through serious PROBLEMS would know that shit ins't important. And she only got mad because you made a great point and totally owned her.

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 22:18:53

My school is full of retarded people people who probably cut themselves. Like that guy who transferred out of my gym class because everyone was calling him a unicorn.

Because he had a rainbow mohawk.

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 22:49:38

At 10/7/10 05:30 PM, 111122223138 wrote:
Any of you guys have this problem with people who just complain 24/7?
conversation for teh proofz of these bigots...
/rant

totally.

this asshat sits next to me in class, and all he does is bitch about how his life sucks and he cant get a girl and he hates life and himself and that dude over there. only WoW and yelling ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND six times every minuete causes him not to bitch.

hes a giant loser and a pain in the ass.

What We Do Is Secret

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 22:54:43

shut up. your a self righteous hippie who has to help everyone.

these kids are just bitching over meaningless shit. you hear kids in somilia bitching about there lives? no, becaus they grow a pair and survive.

the people who actually have the right to bitch about there lives dont because they got bigger shit to do.

kids today think if you bitch to everyone on the internet youll get a few kids words and feel pity.

and thats why theres such shit as scene kids. theyve lost the ability to shut the fuck up and make there lives better, theyd radther BAWWWW on the internet.

and you, feed the fire to it.

fuck you.

What We Do Is Secret

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-07 23:11:21

What most of you fail to comprehend is that kids/teenagers always bitch over meaningless shit. Especially females; I'm sure any of you guys with younger siblings have heard your fair share of girly drama and other such bullshit. The only reason you think you've been finding such a rampant increase in it is because now social networking has its greasy tentacles entwined about society's neck and it's basically shoved in your face. Or, in other words, because now there is a massive electronic medium with which they can tell everyone their problems at once instead of actually calling one of their friends.

Before the Internet was so huge, all the drama bull crap was still a normal occurrence, it's just that you wouldn't hear about it unless it directly affected you or someone very close.

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-08 21:54:09

Some of you guys think OP's got his head in his ass... if that's true then i belive that he's got a greater view of the world around us than most of you people can comprehend.

haters

Teenagers these days

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-08 22:02:31

At 10/7/10 05:35 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I love the spectrum you give, on one side there's a self absorbed emo and on the other side there's a self-righteous prick. Nice to know teens come in a wide variety of flavors.

You were one yourself not too long ago, seems a tad hypocritical to be sarcastic.

bork bork bork

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-08 22:05:10

I hate people like that and they've infected my school. i wouldn't care half as much as I do now about how stupid they are if they didn't go out telling everyone every little fucking detail about things that have nothing to do with them and they won't stop blabbermouthing no matter what.

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-08 22:05:53

i can tell you aren't very good with girls

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-08 22:27:06

At 10/8/10 10:05 PM, InnerChild548 wrote: i can tell you aren't very good with girls

Oh quite the opposite my friend. I'm just very good with the shallow dumb ones.
Just cause i don't grab n fuck every girl i see doesn't mean i ain't good with them. I'm a long term sorta guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-08 23:08:50

I kinda bitch about my life everyday...
but I blame school..

[No attention whore signature]

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-08 23:49:51

Fucking couples and my school think they need to exchange saliva in front of everyone.

PLEEZ STEEL MY SIGNICHUR

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-10 09:24:50

At 10/8/10 11:51 PM, Crayzorder wrote:
At 10/7/10 05:35 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I love the spectrum you give, on one side there's a self absorbed emo and on the other side there's a self-righteous prick. Nice to know teens come in a wide variety of flavors.
Self-righteous prick? He's just speaking the truth.

I'm glad that the people-that-thinks-i'm-an-ass ratio is about 1:1 with the he's-right people...
Adds more to the discussion.

BBS Signature

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-10 09:29:14

...they are so soft

cop

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-10 09:47:50

At 10/7/10 05:30 PM, 111122223138 wrote: /rant

This is going to be so much fun.

Firstly, if you were older I'd tell you empathise with teenagers since we all were at one point or another. But since you're still 15 I must remind you of the state that you're still in. People during their teens are are in an extreme bodily change into adulthood. It's normal for their wiring to be a bit frayed.

But nonetheless, I do find it amusing how you give no sympathy to a friend who is complaining about relationships/opposing sexes when you're doing the exact same thing!

What tickled my funny bone was hearing people complain about their lives (while you complain about yours) and it's turning you into an asshole. So you're complaining about assholes while becoming one.

If the woman you quoted is someone you don't like or can't reason with, then why the hell are you talking to them in the first place? Don't try to put out an inferno with a small extinguisher and then complain the fire is still burning.

Instead of offering sympathy, why not offer real advice or put them in a situation where they have to think for themselves?

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-10 10:23:06

Even though I'm sorta teenager myself, I don't understand the other teenagers o__o
The're just too weird for me...
They talk about Facebook and MSN and all these hit-pop singers...
I just don't get it.

What's so great about 'em?
I just like to hear what they say, but I can't listen to them for a long time, because their, hmm, "noice" or "blabbering" is making me a bit annoyed.

This was just my oppinion of this thing.

Response to Teenagers these days 2010-10-10 10:37:14

At 10/7/10 05:30 PM, 111122223138 wrote: Before you start flammin, yes, I'm a teenager myself. A self absorbed horn dog who wants a respectable girl. Anywho...

Lately I've been getting just hammered with all these people telling me about how their lives suck. Daily... Face to face, on the phone, facebook.. you name it; I've heard it.

I don't see how people really and trully beilive that their lives are so horrible and blah drama blah. Now, i generally try to avoid shallow ass hats like these, but my highschool's population is a 1-300 ratio of people like that.
out of 1200 people
I've just lost the gene to feel pity for these people somewhere along the line of my family tree, and i'm glad for that.

Any of you guys have this problem with people who just complain 24/7?
conversation for teh proofz of these bigots...
/rant

Haha, you want a girl, but when you start talking to one who ''needs a hug'', you start flaming on her...
You're fucking up your chances...
I agree with you that teenagers are whiny little bitches, but you act like an asshole to them too, atleast to her.

You better just live with them, instead of pissing on them.