00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime and what you feel about it

4,627 Views | 57 Replies

Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:14:48

Some of my friends scoff at it and some of they are fuckin junkies about it I want to know if most people hate or love it. If you hate it write why, and if you like it then write which one is your favorite.

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:15:53

I'm indifferent about the content, it's the fans that annoy me.

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:19:29

God, I know man, I KNOW. ( shiver )

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:20:23

At 10/6/10 11:19 PM, maxwell999 wrote: God, I know man, I KNOW. ( shiver )

What wrong about the fanbases for these different animes? Is it the type of art they realease or the bad fan Fictions?

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:21:47

The problem is some are to generic that they are so similar to others.

I happen to really like Desert Punk and Gurren Lagan.

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:27:54

I like the naked anime.

now officially squidified!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:30:13

When iw atch the show, I feel indifferent, like it's any other cartoon.

People at my school who are anime junkies are really,really weird. They like to hang out in the Japanese classroom after school where they do their "After school Anime club." I'm not gonna say I'm any less nerdy than these kids, but their behavior in other matters is very weird as well.

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:30:36

Could care less. Most anime doesn't appeal to me.

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:31:19

I have no strong feelings about it either way.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:34:42

i love X'amd and Ghost hound and Dragon ball Z kai.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:36:24

At 10/6/10 11:33 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote:
At 10/6/10 11:31 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: I have no strong feelings about it either way.
*Looks at username*

Isn't that an anime?

It rings bells from the Toonami days.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:40:06

At 10/6/10 11:38 PM, Heinrich wrote:
I personally hate Japanese voice acting. They all sound the same and the female voices sound so high pitched that I want to rip someone's head off.

i 100% agree with this in every ounce of my being

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-06 23:43:10

For me, it depends on the show. Like Dragon Ball Z, for me its awesome and always will be, but some of the new stuff thats on adult swim is just lame.

Call Mr. Plow that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 03:09:38

I love the style of stuff like Cowboy Bebop where the try to take it seriously and avoid most typical anime cliches such as funny faces and a "One person destined for greatness" story.

But Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood takes the cake for me because it has a very in-depth and well thoughts out storyline that covers all events that happen throughout the series, an interesting and original concept. And does a great job in emotional deaths.

Then you have stuff like Naruto and DragonBall that start out amazing, but when they become a commercial success, they just make too many episodes that drag out the story and become something unoriginal, and you get this terrible fan-base.

Sig made by "CagedSilouette" I Gamertag: DOC oSPADEo I Facebook l VV CLICK THE SIG VV

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 03:20:21

At 10/7/10 03:09 AM, DOCoSPADEo wrote: Some stuff.

What this guy said, really.

I like their style, but really, they get too damned cliched. Oi.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 03:25:24

I'm a fan,, but I won't pretend there aren't bad sides to it. But "Anime" isn't a monolith. it compasses things from kids shows like Pokemon and Hamtaro, to great shows like Baccano and Cowboy Bebop to shit like K-On and Kodomo no Jikan.

People who catgorically hate anime are equally misguided as the ones that categorically like it. Of cours,e I don't really know anyone who lieks all anime; people who are into moe crap don't tend to like that more serious shows, and most of the even most commited fans tend to stick to one demographic or genre.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 03:30:14

JohnnyWang is awesome and even more so for linking to TV Tropes in his sig.

Yeah I somewhat enjoy anime. Some pieces are either fantastically beautiful or hilariously funny, which is what I love. Of course there are (as mentioned) bad aspects of anime but this isn't really surprising considering that every genre in the world has bad along with the good.

I don't get why people give their friends a hard time for liking anime. Perhaps because they think it's like watching childrens cartoons. Fool on them I say.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 03:52:39

I hate it.

I just don't like it.

It's an acquired taste and I don't have that taste bud. Obviously, if someone likes Anime, they are entitled to it and probably have strong feelings for it; but I couldn't watch and/or read it in any of its forms.

Then again, I also dislike JRPGs too, so maybe I'm just disconnected from Asian culture :P

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 06:21:11

I don't mind anime, but I tend to hit the first filler arc and then get bored - most animes simply don't have enough emphasis on gritty, death-dealing fighting for me, and my attention isn't enough to deal with the shitty explanations and really, really bad voice acting (if it weren't for the western insistence on censoring everything, I would never even consider seeing subbed anime).

But I don't love it or hate it. It's a show, and if it's entertaining I'll watch it.

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 06:23:36

Good series, terrible fanbase.

Facebook

"Man creates his own reality."

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 07:38:33

I love anime. Currently in the middle of watching Dragonball...again.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 08:25:54

I wouldn't touch the shit with a 50 foot pole.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 09:44:32

Used to really like anime. As I've gotten older I have started to kind of hate it. It's all pretty lame and predictable. I'd rather read/watch something from the west

At 10/6/10 11:15 PM, Mariojinx wrote: Love the Japanese versions because their so creative.

Hate the translated American versions because their so cheesy.

In most cases the American dubs are quite accurate. The jap dub is just as lame. You don't speak the language so you can't pick up on how lame it really is.

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 09:49:37

I usually like anime. I like some anime music. Sometimes, though, the constant "kawaii"s and "OMG JAPANESE > AMERICAN" of the fans gets on my nerves.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 10:03:11

At 10/7/10 09:54 AM, Cootie wrote:
supposed weeaboo goddess...

Only popular because of those tits. She's annoying as hell.

I've watched some anime, all of the ones I've seen are great though. Cowboy Bebop is probably my favourite.

bang

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 10:18:37

I like naruto, bleach, Dbk, One Piece...

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 10:37:19

It's definitely one of my favorite means of entertainment.
Hentai is awesome as well, nowhere else could I see some chick grow tentadicks and go on a rampage in Tokyo city.
Also Lolicon for the win.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 10:37:56

Anime is SHIT. It is of the DEVIL. Those goddamn Japs are trying to brainwash our children and make them run planes into the white house because Showa Tenno Banzai!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 11:23:32

I have always been fascinated by anime, because they always seemed more detailed than American cartoons. We were lucky to have some really decent shows that could compete with anime, like "Avatar: The Last Airbender". I appreciate it as much as I appreciate any other form of entertainment, be it western animation or live-action TV. It is great how the Japanese use animation as a form of art.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Anime and what you feel about it 2010-10-07 17:12:15

My favorite animes are full metal alchemist and death note.