00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Experimental Animation

595 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Experimental Animation 2010-10-05 02:15:30

An animation i've started .. focus down at the end . random ending . shared thoughts encouraged

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/2e7d 2f496ab1f5359b0c08b659d88135

Oh yeaaa

BBS Signature

Response to Experimental Animation 2010-10-05 18:41:07

Gracias for the thoughts . I hate tweens too . Alas fbf is far great on my done animation

Oh yeaaa

BBS Signature

Response to Experimental Animation 2010-10-07 19:17:15

The movement of the guy was stiff and unnatural, seemingly because you animated just his position and not the movement of his parts. That never works well. People are subject to gravity and almost never make a strong effort to position themselves so perfectly still.

Don't make your lines so think, especially not the short, disconnected ones.

Also, pay attention to color schemes. Every setting should have one even if the scheme changes over time.

Even though I know this is an experimental flash, I still recommend that you have an overall theme because even an experimental flash is a type of story, albeit oftentimes loosely so.

Lastly, the fall of the character at the end was too constant. Objects increase their velocity as they fall and so your animation needs to represent that.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Experimental Animation 2010-10-08 00:01:58

I would suggest using a smoothing of atleast 50 on the brush. The scrolling of the trees at the start was too fast and repetitive, it was a little hard on the eyes. The movie itself seemed too random, i didn't know what was going on. Even though it's experimental, like whoevers above me said, it needs to make some sense.
It's better to fbf most of the animation, except for things like camera moves, and have a fps of 20-30.

BBS Signature