00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0

14,101 Views | 172 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-11 16:06:42

At 6/11/11 10:37 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
Alleyway

I love how Nintendo took the Atari game of Breakout, put Mario into it, renamed it, and sold it to the Gameboy crowd. That's so lazy and evil, yet I love it. :D

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-18 02:41:40

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

I'm sorry for the late update, but Nintendo was having problems with its pages so I had to wait for that to be fixed again I'm sorry.

Random Video Game Song

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mega Man 5
Publisher: Capcom
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action Platformer
Cost: 500 Wii Points

Protoman has gone berserk! Destroying half the city was not enough. Now, he has kidnapped Dr. Light and is holding him and the entire city hostage. Speeding to the rescue is Mega Man and his modified Mega Buster, but eight of Protoman's cybernetic soldiers plan to send Mega Man to the scrap heap for good! Feel the weight of the world on your shoulders as you battle Gravity Man! Chip away at the rock-life defenses of Stone Man and bring him crumbling down! Hit the surf and sail up against the tidal power of Wave Man! Guide Mega Man through 13 action-packed stages and defeat all eight of Protoman's robots, then get ready for the fight that pits brother against brother in the battle of the century!

Recommended Titles
Mega Man, Mega Man 4, and Metroid

NEW TO THE 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Donkey Kong
Publisher: Nintendo
System: Game Boy
Genre: Platformer
Cost: $3.99
3D: Yes

Donkey Kong has once again kidnapped Pauline! Challenged by many perils, Mario must reach his archrival in order to save our damsel in distress. As Mario makes his way through a series of platforms while jumping and dodging obstacles, he will also need to gather disappearing keys to unlock doors to hidden rooms. Donkey Kong will stop at nothing to confuse and trap our hero. Help guide Mario as he journies to the top! With 10 stages and 100 tricky levels to solve, it is a long trek to the final confrontation!

Recommended Titles
Super Mario Land

COMING SOON TO THE 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
- Sonic Drift 2
- Columns
- Dragon Crystal
- Shinobi
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble

CLOSING NOTES
Well this update has been great on both the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo 3DS. I can only hope for more great games to be appearing on these consoles. If I figure anything else out about the Wii U and the Virtual Console on it I'll update you as soon as possible.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-18 06:08:59

I just bought Chrono Trigger and a Wii SNES controller. This will be a bitchin' weekend.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-24 10:05:45

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

Tennis
Genre: Sports
Cost: $2.99

Tennis, anyone? The ball is in your court. For fans of classic video games and of the sport itself, this is one to add to your collection. As seen in the 1989 Game Boy%u2122 release, this game delivers realistic match-play action. Choose your opponent's skill level and practice your power serves, skillfully placed shots, lofty lobs and killer cross-courts. You may even recognize a friendly face on the court: Mario%u2122. He will serve as umpire and call the close ones. Get ready to game, set and match in Tennis.

Recommended Title
Radar Mission

CLOSING NOTES
The games coming soon are still the same from the past updates so nothing new on that front. I've thought about doing a thread for updating the PlayStation One classics for the PS3, but at the same time I'm already doing so much that I'm not sure if I'd be able to keep it up to date. What do you guys think?

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-24 21:36:27

Buen Tema Aclaro Todo Lo Que Dice Del Wii Es Verdad Buen Tema

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-27 18:16:41

At 6/24/11 09:36 PM, SuperMario45 wrote: Buen Tema Aclaro Todo Lo Que Dice Del Wii Es Verdad Buen Tema

Favor de usar inglesia es esta conversacion.

XBL: Kgrimes2, Steam: The_Anfauglir, Gamecenter: Kgrimes2

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-27 18:19:32

At 6/18/11 02:41 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong has once again kidnapped Pauline! Challenged by many perils, Mario must reach his archrival in order to save our damsel in distress. As Mario makes his way through a series of platforms while jumping and dodging obstacles, he will also need to gather disappearing keys to unlock doors to hidden rooms. Donkey Kong will stop at nothing to confuse and trap our hero. Help guide Mario as he journies to the top! With 10 stages and 100 tricky levels to solve, it is a long trek to the final confrontation!

Wow... I love this game. I remember strolling across it on Donkey Kong 64 in the factory :D

On that note, Donkey Kong 64 needs to come out on the VC. I sold my N64 years ago because I was convinced that all the games were gonna come out on the VC.

Still waiting for Star Wars: Podracer and Donkey Kong 64.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-28 13:16:05

At 6/27/11 06:24 PM, daethdrain wrote: Donkey kong 64 had some of the best multiplayer I ever seen it was so much fun.

I barely use my wii anymore but if I did I would buy super Mario world because I remember how much fun it was playing that when I was little.

That game was long wasn't it.

Man, I never even beat it. I was like nine years old when I played it last, but it's like one of the only games that have stuck with me that long.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-28 16:06:20

Recently picked up Mario Party 2. Just started a game with my bros playing Space Land. Sweet.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-30 15:50:25

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

NEW TO 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Kirby's Dreamland

Dream Land is in peril. An evil king has stolen the magical Twinkle Stars. If they're not recovered, the people of Dream Land will starve. Join Kirby, our cute and roly-poly little hero, as he runs, jumps, floats and swims in search of the treasured Twinkle Stars. He'll puff his way through castles, caves, dungeons and forests. There are many wicked and greedy enemies in his path, but Kirby has a special way to defeat them. It's nonstop action all the way to the top of Mt. Dedede.

Mario's Picross
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Dragon Crystal
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
Sonic Drift 2

CLOSING NOTES
Nothing really big today sadly, just another 3DS title, but at least its Kirby's debut game. If you've read this entire post don't rage quit because you can't figure out how to do Kirby's copy ability in this game, because he didn't have it yet.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-30 15:55:39

My Wii should arrive tomorrow, someone compile me a list of good VC games and I'll get them all.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-30 19:53:44

At 6/30/11 03:55 PM, simon wrote: My Wii should arrive tomorrow, someone compile me a list of good VC games and I'll get them all.

- Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- The Legend of Zelda
- Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
- Sonic Chaos

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-30 21:43:29

At 6/30/11 07:53 PM, The-Great-One wrote: - Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
- The Legend of Zelda
- Sonic Chaos

No Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, or Donkey Kong Country? What?

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-30 21:53:57

At 6/30/11 07:53 PM, The-Great-One wrote: - Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
- The Legend of Zelda
- Sonic Chaos

Will get all these, was also planning on getting Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2.

Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country too (if they're there, not looked at the SNES list).

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-30 22:10:01

Just bought my 3rd virtual console game today and that was Kirbys dreamland 3 its the first one I got of the SNES variety and its going alongside the 2 n64 games I already downloaded in starfox 64 and kirby 64

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-06-30 23:32:06

At 6/30/11 03:55 PM, simon wrote: My Wii should arrive tomorrow, someone compile me a list of good VC games and I'll get them all.

Devil's Crush
Kirby's Adventure
Super Punchout
Ninja Gaiden

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-01 03:49:41

At 6/30/11 09:53 PM, simon wrote: Will get all these, was also planning on getting Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2.

Don't forget Super Mario Kart.

Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country too (if they're there, not looked at the SNES list).

Yep Super Mario World is there as well as all three Donkey Kong Country games.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-01 06:10:53

THREAD NEWS UPDATE
Nintendo has been iffy with there updates and orgasm has finally entered my soul! I don't think I will bother you much with the news and we'll just get right to it!

Final Fantasy III
Publisher: Square Enix
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Role-Playing Game
Cost: 800 Wii Points

Ages ago, evil beings created powerful creatures called Espers and unleashed them against each other. The resulting battles turned their world into smoldering rubble. Legend has it that the Espers destroyed themselves and most of humanity. Magic disappeared forever. Centuries have passed, and a rational world now exists with Espers living only in myths. Suddenly, after an ancient frozen Esper is unearthed, there are reports of magic attacks on civilians. Imperial Commandos launch raids using magic-powered MagiTek weapons. Magic is obviously alive, and the world is in danger again. Who or what is behind the rediscovery and redeployment of this legendary power? What chaotic plans will wreak havoc on this orderly world? Originally released as FINAL FANTASY III on the Super NES in North America, this game is in fact FINAL FANTASY VI from the main series chronology.

Recommended Titles
Final Fantasy, FINAL FANTASY II, and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-01 13:22:13

Okay I got my Wii and these are the games I've got so far:
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario 64
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3

They're more expensive than I thought so I'm sticking with those for now.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-01 15:03:09

At 7/1/11 01:22 PM, simon wrote: They're more expensive than I thought so I'm sticking with those for now.

If you get around to shopping then check back in this thread for updates. If there is a particular old school favorite of yours you want then just let me know and I'll keep my eyes opened for it and will notify you immediately before I update the thread.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-01 17:39:33

At 7/1/11 04:07 PM, daethdrain wrote: I know it's not on the Wii's virtual console but my step sister and brother have a copy of super mario world for the game boy advance and i couldnt be happier.

Now i just got to fint my Gameboy SP!!

Actually Super Mario World is on the Wii's Virtual Console.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-08 21:18:43

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

Editor's Pick: Final Fantasy III
Just recently got around to downloading this bad boy and OH MY FUCKING GOD! The Moogles are still just as bad as as they ever were and I can't wait to ride the Chocobos once again. If you're a fan of Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars, played Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, or liked Final Fantasy VII then I would highly recommend picking this game up, it an RPG that you should not miss out on. Oh yeah and if you got some spare points picking up Chrono Trigger wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Qix
Genre: Action, Arcade, Puzzles

Your objective is to claim as much of the screen as possible. However, Qix will try to disrupt you at every turn by rotating, stretching, shortening and changing directions. It's sneaky, it's snaky, it's an unpredictable energy field. Qix will try to catch your diamond cursor before you can complete a box. Once the box is complete, you've taken over that part of the screen. But watch out for the moving Sparx and the Fuse. If they catch you, the game will be over in an instant. To complete a level, claim 75 percent or more of the screen. With more enemies to dodge, each level will be more difficult than the last.

Fortified Zone
Publisher: Jaleco
Genre: Action, Shooter

Originally released in 1991, this popular action game allows two characters to be used alternately. Now making its debut on the Nintendo eShop, Fortified Zone brings four multi-room levels of heavy fire and explosions, as well as the "Sound Boy" mode that lets you listen to the music tracks outside of the action. Enemy forces have created a gigantic fortress in a critical zone, and reports indicate that they are developing a powerful secret weapon. Secret agents Masato Kanzaki and Mizuki Makimura have been dispatched to infiltrate the fortress and venture to the heart of the complex to destroy it. Masato and Mizuki have their own unique abilities, and they will need to tag-team in order to breach the enemies' defenses.

COMING SOON CHARTS

Virtual Console
1. Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
2. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
3. Strider
4. Super Pitfall
5. Wonder Boy in Monster Land

3DS Virtual Console
1. Mario's Picross
2. Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
3. Columns
4. Dragon Crystal
5. Sonic Drift 2

CLOSING NOTES
Sorry that this update came late, but the reason behind that is last week only the 3DS was updated on Nintendo's page. Then the following day Final Fantasy III popped up so I had to add it on (which I have no complaints about doing). I wanted to make sure that when I did an update Nintendo didn't update again. So I hope you enjoyed the update.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-14 14:26:29

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Before I begin I would like to say to everyone who visits this thread that today is my 21st birthday! That's right I am now one year closer to death! Go Me!

Random Video Game Song

Editor's Pick: Neutopia
This TurboGrafx-16 game by Hudson is pretty much a Zelda rip-off. However I would still highly recommend it. Yes its story is similar to Zelda's and so is the gameplay, but there are also some differences in some of the weaponry, but overall it is pretty much a Zelda clone. I can't really describe why you would like this game you're just going to have to play it and figure out for yourself if you like it or not, I like it and so I recommend you pick it up if you have spare Wii points to blow on something.

Headline: Netflix on Nintendo 3DS
Watch your favorite shows and movies streamed instantly to your 3DS with Netflix. If you already pay for Netflix streaming then you'll be all set up. If not then it will cost you $7.99 a month to do so. I find something like this trivial since I rarely watch TV or movies when I travel and if I have a gaming console then chances are I'm gonna be playing a game with it, say like Pokemon. However if you're into that kind of thing then the option is available to you.

Baseball
Genre: Sports

As the pitching team, deliver a series of fastballs while adjusting curve and speed, but be careful not to wear out your pitcher. If the batter connects, your outfield or infield will back you up. As the batting team, shift your batter on the home plate and time each swing at the incoming ball. Try to safely reach the next base, or swing for a home run.

Game & Watch Gallery
Genre: Puzzles, Action

Enjoy four different games from the Game & Watch Gallery series, in both original and revised versions. The classic versions take you back to the 1980s and - simpler time in video games. The modern versions feature your favorite characters and bring you into the present with improved play control and sound effects. This release includes four titles: Manhole, Fire, Octopus and Oil Panic.

COMING SOON

Wii Virtual Console
1. Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
2. Super Hang-On
3. Strider
4. Wonder Boy in Monster Land
5. Monster World IV

3DS Virtual Console
1. Columns
2. Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
3. Sonic Drift 2
4. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
5. Dragon Crystal

CLOSING NOTES
Well my birthday has come and soon it will be gone. I have 600 Wii Points left and am in a conundrum on what to spend them on. Thought I'd save them for a rainy day, but I really would like to spend them on something. I hope you've enjoyed this update.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-14 14:47:58

At 7/14/11 02:26 PM, The-Great-One wrote: THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Before I begin I would like to say to everyone who visits this thread that today is my 21st birthday! That's right I am now one year closer to death! Go Me!

Happy Birthday man! I'm amazed our age difference is only a mere two days.

Game & Watch Gallery

I might pick this up at some point for the heck of it. So far from the 3DS Virtual Console I've only picked up Super Mario Land and Kirby's Dream Land. Those two should keep me good for a while along with Ocarina of Time 3D.

3DS Virtual Console
1. Columns

Oooh nice. I have this on the Mega Drive and I'd love to have it on the 3DS.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-15 14:42:11

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

I read that updates for the Wii Virtual Console and 3DS Virtual Console would be on Thursdays. Which came to be. Yet on Friday they add another game. It gets to be confusing and a waste to update a thread twice within two days. So all updates from now on will be posted on Friday to ensure that everything is in order. So today's update is for one game.

Random Video Game Song

Editor's Pick: ActRaiser
An amazing underrated Super Nintendo gem that gives you a little bit of everything to make just about any gamer happy. It takes elements from SimCity, Action Platformers, and even RPG. It also includes a wonderful storyline and gives you many morality choices. If you want a second opinion then check this out.

NEW TO THE WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE

SUPER E.D.F.: Earth Defense Force
Genre: Shooter

The year is 20XX. An armada of the alien Azyma Empire has descended upon Earth to destroy it. Earth's only hope lies in its newest combat spaceship, "XA-1", with its revolutionary ability to learn and develop itself through combat, without requiring any special items. The ship is outfitted with a wide range of devastating weapons, along with two detachable satellites to protect and support you. Take the ship out and destroy the Azyma invaders!

Recommended Titles
SUPER R-TYPE, DARIUS TWIN, KING'S KNIGHT

CLOSING NOTES
Well if you're wondering why I didn't post the coming soon stuff is because I didn't feel like posting them again. Just consider this update as a footnote to yesterday's update. So whoopee, hope you enjoy having another shooter.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-16 09:15:31

I browsed around on Virtual Console last night and I found out those Game & Watch games are separate and not in a bundle which disappointed me since I was hoping they'd put them all together for a good price and not £1.80 per minigame. Ah well.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-29 15:29:10

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

I know there wasn't an update last week, but that's for two reasons. One is Nintendo didn't really make an update and two I was at a birthday party all weekend. However there are a few things here that I think you'll like.

Headline: Nintendo Video
Nintendo Video brings music videos, exclusive comedy, animation, and action to your Nintendo 3DS%u2122 system! Every week, new videos will be delivered* to your Nintendo 3DS via the Spotpass%u2122 feature. But the videos won't stay long - wait too long and you'll miss them! To start watching, download Nintendo Video from the Nintendo eShop today.

Editor's Pick: Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Do you want a challenging two player co-op game that's not a FPS? Well then if you're a Wii owner I suggest you pick up Zomibes Ate My Neighbors then. It will be challenging for you and a friend and you both will not like each other by the end of it I can guarantee you this. There are a lot of horror movie cliches in this game done completely on purpose, but it's still creative and fun to play. If you want more info on this game then watch this.

Brawl Brothers
Genre: Fighting - Beat'Em Up

People are going missing in Bayside City and the rumors say someone conducting a shady human cloning experiment is responsible. For Rick (a.k.a. Hack) and Doug (a.k.a. Slash) this situation has become personal. Especially after three friends from their martial arts gym get abducted. The duo set off to the enemy's secret air fortress to sort this out. These guys know all the moves, from martial arts to pro wrestling throws, and they don't hesitate to use them. They're not afraid of using knives, bats, and other things they find to get the job done. And if that wasn't enough, when they get hurt they get angry-and you really don't want to mess with them then. They ignore damage and hit even harder than usual! They're ready for the action. The question is: are you?

Recommended Titles
Final Fight, River City Ransom, Super Smash Bros.

COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE
1. Strider
2. Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
3. Monster World IV
4. Super Hang-On
5. Wonder Boy in Monster Land

1. Catrap
2. Golf
3. Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
4. Sonic Drift 2
5. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble

CLOSING NOTES
Well people after talking with Ragnarokia and seeing all this pony stuff on Newgrounds, I decided to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and I am now a brony. If you haven't seen this show yet I suggest that you check it out, you might like it if you give it a chance. Anyways I haven't really been gaming much because I've been doing things for The Interviewer as well as a side project which is a secret right now. So I hope you enjoyed this update even though there wasn't much here.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-07-29 23:54:52

Does anybody even care about this thread anymore?

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-08-05 20:03:37

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

Editor's Pick: Paper Mario
If you have yet to play Paper Mario and loved Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars then you need to play it now. It has a quirky story which at times can be taken seriously, but with Princess Peach kidnapped... again, it seems as though the Mushroom Kingdom just takes it for granted now, which is hilarious. Also it shows off Bowser as not only a comical fool, but as a badass with an awesome plan. It is a game that is great for beginners to the turn-based RPG genre and it also has some memorable boss battles. Overall I suggest you pick this game up, not only because it's great, but also because I've beaten it about 14 times and I highly recommend it.

Mario's Picross
Genre: Puzzle

Help Mario unlock the mystery of Picross. The secrets lie in the numeric codes at the top and on the left side of each window. Decipher these numbers and uncover a hidden picture in every mind-bending puzzle. It will take quick wits and a speedy pace to solve the clues before the clock runs out. Chisel away boxes strategically and reveal the hidden image in record time. Be careful - every mistake will cost you precious minutes. There are more than 250 brain-bending puzzles to solve. Different levels of difficulty provide mind-melting puzzle action for players of any skill level.

CLOSING NOTES
Well not much for an update. As for the coming soon stuff, it hasn't changed so just scroll back up. All I can say though is if you're a brony then I got your back.

Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 2011-08-05 20:31:17

At 7/29/11 11:54 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Does anybody even care about this thread anymore?

It's one thread I'm wanting to keep an eye out on so I can see what games I can pick up on the 3DS Virtual Console.