00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thoughts on the Tea Party?

3,693 Views | 48 Replies

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-21 16:19:04

At 9/21/10 03:42 PM, conservative23 wrote:
At 9/18/10 01:49 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 9/17/10 11:58 PM, conservative23 wrote:
insulting conservatives by calling them "rednecks" is fine?

Name-calling is never fine.

But when I retaliate by doing the same thing, it is wrong?

It's not wrong, just ironic.

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-21 17:50:34

Back after a break from Newgrounds. If someone responded to a post i made before that break and I didn't respond to it, please let me know.

Right

1) Most Americans are largely ignorant about what the government spends it's money on. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Americans think the largest parts of the federal budget is foreign aid and welfare, when the majority of It is entitlements and "Defense" [War]

Of course this knowledge, if we are to grant that "The Tea party" stands for fiscal responsibility (I was going to write conservatism but that would be a misnomer), tends to work in the Tea Party's favor rather than against it. (Even if members of "The Tea Party" are part of this demographic as well) How can anyone argue that the electorate keeps the government's expenditures meaningful and useful

It's not entirely different as some people on this forum [who i will not name] Who think a valid argument in defense of the federal income tax is that we need the money for education and roads. [[This argument might be valid in the case of other countries but hardly valid in the case of the US]]

2) And "Democracy" Pushers need to admit that their system is simply a cry for enlightened Oligarchy masked by the veneer of public approval, where the former element is essential whereas the latter element is preferred but entirely optional. It's not Democracy as it's explained in theory.

3) I hate to feel obligated to have to defend the Tea Party in order to defend a position advocating a more reasonably limited federal budget. I shouldn't have to, so i won't: Fuck the Tea party.

((Rand Paul is a relatively decent politician though. ))

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-21 17:54:31

At 9/21/10 03:42 PM, conservative23 wrote: insulting conservatives by calling them "rednecks" is fine?

Nope. Because not every conservative is a redneck. It is indeed wrong sir, we are agreed.

But when I retaliate by doing the same thing, it is wrong?

Yep. Two wrongs do not make a right is the short version. The longer version is you can't bitch about people casting aspersions and name calling and claim the moral high ground by then going and doing the exact same thing. You lose the moral high ground and the position of being in the right when you stoop to doing the same thing you're railing against.

I learned that when I was like 5.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-22 00:49:30

At 9/21/10 02:10 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
At 9/20/10 11:26 AM, ThePretenders wrote: and personally I would like to see them crushed by riot police.
Free speech!

...except when people disagree with me....

Hell, i admire his honesty. His violent and totalitarian philosophy isn't inconsistent with his subjective sense of right and wrong because he believes both in explicit and implicit violence.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-22 02:18:35

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-22 12:30:24

At 9/22/10 02:18 AM, JordanD wrote: Here's my thoughts on the tea party... Why are people taking them seriously when this is how they think.

setting the video aside, the reason why they are taken seriously is because the majority of the men are veterans, they carry a constitution in the left breast pocket and are willing to fight and die to uphold it...

the video does have many idiots willing to look foolish BUT at the same time it is the largest active protest group in the country and i would say that my educated guess is that 75% of the people who follow the "movement" are still at home unable to afford the trips to DC or time off from work...

let it be known i am not a part of the Tea Party but i understand why they are angry but it is sad that they looked towards a TV personality and openly let the movement turn from non-partisan to Republican tools... also if you people really have a problem with these crowds it isnt against the law to organize a protest of your own... actually bitching about it on the internet apposed to bitching to there faces is useless... get active or shut up...

to be honest the only thing that is cut and dry about a large group of angry people is that something is wrong in this country... united we stand, divided we fall...

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-22 16:45:59

really they are just major extremests like the al queda . i think they are just a bunch of jokes but they are also very dangerous because i heard that some tea party people have threatened to kill obama because they think he is a terrorist.

Bishop

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-22 16:49:22

they are extremists and shouldn't be brain washing their kids into believing that stuff.

Bishop

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-22 17:12:41

I've only heard about them from all the leftists whining about them, but after looking it up it seems there isn't anything hugely wrong with them.

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything. Way didnt sye pik cell it is a good fighter!howwouldImake a thingmovewiththearrowsorsomething

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-22 22:20:04

At 9/22/10 05:12 PM, butsbutsbutsbutsbuts wrote: I've only heard about them from all the leftists whining about them, but after looking it up it seems there isn't anything hugely wrong with them.

LEIK OMG UR A RACIST RITE WING DUMM TEABAGGER....AND AND FAUX NOISE.....AND GLENN BECK.......STOOPID RITE WING REPUBLICAN TEABAGGER!!!1!11!!

My profile page!

"Newgrounds teaches girls about the very kind of guys that they should be avoiding."

- Gagsy

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-23 13:13:55

At 9/22/10 05:12 PM, butsbutsbutsbutsbuts wrote: I've only heard about them from all the leftists whining about them, but after looking it up it seems there isn't anything hugely wrong with them.

i agree that there isnt anything really wrong with them... you gotta admit though that it seems like the whole argument seems to be uninformed people bitching about uninformed people...

looking back at all the other posts on this thread i notice almost everyone acts like they, the Tea Party, are the devil but nobody has given any solid facts as to why they dislike the group... i think its sad that so many people from both sides say the other is wrong without knowing why they think they are wrong (mostly)

the fact of the matter is that both sides say the other is wrong and they both agree there is a problem that needs fixed yet old habits die hard and they look to the two party system fueled by the mass media that fails them all the while ignoring the fact that other options outside of left and right exist...

yes Bush sucked but at the same time Obama is running his administration just as poorly... but i guess it takes 8 years to come to that conclusion (4 if you think that Bush won his second term on ill gains)

in closing, free your mind from the constraints of what others tell you is right and decide for yourselves with investigation and independent thought, otherwise your just another ignorant asshole being played as the tool getting stumped on simple questions for the world to see on YouTube... embrace the digital age and step outside the bonds of mental slavery, or be an ignorant asshole tool... your choice

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-23 22:36:27

There's a stigma on the phrase "republican party," so certain groups are trying to avoid that by calling themselves something else. That's it.

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-24 06:55:19

At 9/23/10 01:13 PM, TDwizBang wrote: in closing, free your mind from the constraints of what others tell you is right and decide for yourselves with investigation and independent thought, otherwise your just another ignorant asshole being played as the tool getting stumped on simple questions for the world to see on YouTube... embrace the digital age and step outside the bonds of mental slavery, or be an ignorant asshole tool... your choice

I'm sure technology will have an impact like movable type but there are going to be other problems in the future as well, especially resource depletion, and as people get poorer they get more desperate and easy to manipulate, so we may not be prepared for a fruity utopia just yet.

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything. Way didnt sye pik cell it is a good fighter!howwouldImake a thingmovewiththearrowsorsomething

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-25 22:26:28

First off it's anything but Populist.

I like the idea for it-people going together to peacefully protest the government's actions. They are exercising their freedoms, and frankly, I think it reveals some of the beauties of the American government, than anywhere people can, as long as they're not hurting anyone, say, "I don't like what the government's doing!" It's not in every country you can do that.
Hell, I even agree with some of their opinions, but the problem is that it's becoming infected with stupid people who aren't educated. I don't like what the government's doing, but that's because I have my own thought-out opinions, not emotions.

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-27 14:20:15

If I know correctly, the tea party is an American political party that is really, really, so right winged that the right winged politicians look like pussies?
I also heard they are really old and want to make life like the "old days".

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-27 17:45:23

At 9/27/10 02:20 PM, FurryDemon wrote: If I know correctly, the tea party is an American political party that is really, really, so right winged that the right winged politicians look like pussies?
I also heard they are really old and want to make life like the "old days".

They're more libertarian than right winged i believe, but as far as them being old, i'd have to agree with you they all look at least middle aged

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-27 20:33:30

At 9/27/10 05:45 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: They're more libertarian than right winged i believe, but as far as them being old, i'd have to agree with you they all look at least middle aged

Supporting abortion, opposing gay rights, and promoting Christianity as a central tenet of government are all VERY conservative points. TRUE libertarians are strongly for the right to choose, gay rights and are extremelty against any relgion in government.

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-29 12:28:25

Has Sarah Palin joined the Tea party officially or unofficially? That will determine my reaction.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? 2010-09-29 18:28:17

My thoughts on the Tea Party is that we will always have our fair share of extremists in this country or any other country. I always think of the Tea Party as an example of how ignorance will never die out, no matter who is in charge and for whatever reason. It saddens me to think these guys are actually gaining some political power, but if those on the other side will not do anything about it, they might be to blame as well.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock