00:00
00:00

NG movie - Sticker Contest

4,040 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-09 13:12:25

Ladies and gentlemen, with the success of the EBE Kickstarter endeavor, I need to start thinking about getting the backers their preliminary prizes. The first thing needed is swanky stickers to send out and I thought I'd open it up to the creative minds of the NG community to determine what the thing might look like. What better way than with a contest?

Entries ultimately need to be 3 inches by 4 inches @ 300 dpi
and can be 2 colors or full (4) colors CMYK

Entries should include the film's name "Everything, By Everyone"
and url http://everything-by-everyone.com

Entries should fall into one of two categories:

1.designs that use a bunch of NG characters
2.designs that are completely original artwork that gets across the theme of lots of people all over the world using the internet to do creative work

Entries must be posted in the thread by the end of the day Saturday, Sept 25th.

If your design is chosen you will win:

a bunch of the stickers you designed!
your name in the film's credits!
everlasting fame!
a cookie!

Who's in??

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-09 13:25:34

Sounds like a cool idea.

It's a shame that I am just plain terrible at drawing.

unless you want a cock-themed sticker or something.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-11 19:35:40

I have something! it's included with this post!

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-11 19:44:33

im in for the cookie!

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-11 19:47:16

I'd want to upload a .png for maximum sexiness... mostly because I don't know how to maximize sexiness with .jpg or .gif. If you like it (whenever I finish it, which could be never) I can send you a .png to an email of your choosing assuming the .jpg or .gif-ness is getting all up in the quality's grill.

Did any of that make sense? :)

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-11 19:50:11

At 9/11/10 07:47 PM, Zerok wrote: Did any of that make sense? :)

Yes, but you might want to consider uploading it to dumping grounds.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-12 13:26:26

Once there's a winner I figure I'll just request the high res file via email. The thread is mainly to check out the entries.

At 9/11/10 07:47 PM, Zerok wrote: I'd want to upload a .png for maximum sexiness... mostly because I don't know how to maximize sexiness with .jpg or .gif. If you like it (whenever I finish it, which could be never) I can send you a .png to an email of your choosing assuming the .jpg or .gif-ness is getting all up in the quality's grill.

Did any of that make sense? :)

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-12 13:34:11

A cookie? Count me in! I'll get to work on it now.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-12 13:35:25

This should be in the art forum..

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-12 15:52:19

Tankman

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-12 16:28:17

And another tankman

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-25 13:28:24

So far mine wins by default (I think) it's the only one that is the right size AND has the name of the movie and website on it. It may not have original art but it does have the logo of the documentary on it!

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-09-25 13:43:29

Ms paint FTW

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-02 16:14:17

WHO WON! It's been a week past the deadline. I'm starting to think you forgot... :(

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-02 16:16:16

At 10/2/10 04:14 PM, AIRYman50 wrote: WHO WON! It's been a week past the deadline. I'm starting to think you forgot... :(

most likely you my friend, no one appreciates MS paint anymore

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-02 18:13:22

I made one for shits n' giggles

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-02 18:15:27

At 10/2/10 06:13 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: I made one for shits n' giggles

Sorry, deadline's over (ripoff artist)

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-08 08:40:03

At 10/2/10 04:14 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: WHO WON! It's been a week past the deadline. I'm starting to think you forgot... :(

Nah, didn't forget. :) Though I wasn't exactly crushed to death by the flood of entries either. Might try again later, might extend the deadline.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-08 15:10:41

At 10/8/10 08:40 AM, NaKrown wrote:
At 10/2/10 04:14 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: WHO WON! It's been a week past the deadline. I'm starting to think you forgot... :(
Nah, didn't forget. :) Though I wasn't exactly crushed to death by the flood of entries either. Might try again later, might extend the deadline.

Then I guess I win by default :D

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-08 15:13:57

manly chicken deserves to win!!!!

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2010-10-22 14:04:54

Bump to help naKrown (because everyone who submitted sucked, including mine)

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-06 14:03:42

Hey folks, happy 2011. A couple news items:
I am relaunching the sticker contest. A few months back I tried to have a sticker design contest with the winning design becoming artwork that I'd use to promote the film, starting with stickers that I could pass out to promote the film and to give to the Kickstarter backers. Long story short, while a couple guys took a crack at it which I appreciate, I didn't really get anything I could use. So I'm trying it again.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1196 901
Sticker Contest!!
So I need a swanky sticker to send out and I thought I'd open it up to the creative minds of the NG community to determine what the thing might look like. What better way than with a contest?

Entries:
- Need to be original artwork that you drew (not stolen and photoshopped) and
- Must measure 3 inches by 4 inches and at least 300 dpi and
- Can be 2 colors or full (4) colors CMYK
(Note: If you do a full color design, it would be great if you also had a two color version of it. It makes it way more useful.)
- Should include the film's name "Everything, By Everyone" and url http://everything-by-everyone.com

Entries should fall into one of two categories:
1.designs that use a bunch of NG characters
and or
2.designs that are completely original artwork that gets across the theme of lots of people all over the world using the internet to do creative work

Entries must be posted in this thread by the end of the day Monday, Jan 31st.

If your design is chosen you will win:
- a bunch of the stickers you designed!
- your name in the film's credits under "promotional artwork"
- a reference from me the next time you try to get an art related job "Yeah, I know that guy, he's awesome. Hire him (or her) right now!"
- everlasting fame!
- a cookie!
- possibly some mystery prize as well! (I like coming up with mystery prizes)
Who's in??

If you have any (relevant) questions, you can email me directly at nakrown at everything-by-everyone dot com.

In other news, I continue to wade through the footage and I also recently shot one of my last interviews, DJ Gregg Gillis, better known as Girl Talk. I wanted to hear his thoughts on copyright law and sampling in the internet age and how to make a living distributing your work online for free.
Here's to a productive 2011! Back to it.

Thank you.
Nathan

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-06 14:09:05

maybe I'll take a stab at this.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-07 17:02:43

What size would it need to be in pixels? I honestly don't know shit about inches and DPI when it comes to digital stuff.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-08 06:13:53

At 1/7/11 05:02 PM, Wonchop wrote: What size would it need to be in pixels? I honestly don't know shit about inches and DPI when it comes to digital stuff.

300 dpi is 300 dots per inch aka 300 pixels per inch. So using multiplication, 3 inches by 4 inches at 300 dpi would be 900 px by 1200 px.

Anyway, here's my general idea for the sticker. It's just a crude sketch at the moment, but I plan on making it better.

Also, I would suggest posting this thread in the Art Forum as well. There are a lot of great artists there that don't visit General.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-08 08:16:57

Here's mine. Full size rather than scaling it down for the forum.

CHECK IT OUT FRIENDS.

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-08 08:21:35

At 9/25/10 01:28 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: So far mine wins by default (I think) it's the only one that is the right size AND has the name of the movie and website on it. It may not have original art but it does have the logo of the documentary on it!

it looks great, but i can't help but seeing a pair of balls in the image... meaning you sure will win even in the relaunched contest lololl. unless somone adds more balls. and penises. because i was talking about scrotumballs, nothing else.

Wakka wakka

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-08 19:10:05

Response to NG movie - Sticker Contest 2011-01-09 04:17:23

300dpi 2 Colors. I'd love to have some of these to slap around. I wanted to illustrate how we use computers to create and shape the world around us. I tried to give it the newgrounds feel but didn't want to use the exact style.

BBS Signature