00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

147,637 Views | 762 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-01-07 21:09:56

I drew me a scuba dive pha!

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 21:53:47

Da da da da de da, Im lovin it.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 21:55:36

Did fan art on yoshimitsu, did this looong ago

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 22:10:45

Tried drawing ayane from doa or ninja gaiden, the whole face thing didnt turn out too well >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 22:12:17

Bwahahahahaha gahahahahaha, l-l--ook at the gahahaha fro-g-g-g zehahahaha!!

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 22:45:32

A friend of mine ask me to draw ichigo from bleach, I use reference.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 22:47:11

And Kratos too (I really need to think of a way to type longer sentences)

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 22:48:29

This feel somewhat familiar....maybe too familiar.....very very very familiar ;rq

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 22:50:16

Practicing on shading on this but I never did gotten used to deciding a source of light.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 23:17:39

I think thanks to my friend, I went into a fan art spree.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 23:19:18

Still a fanart (I lost count on how many I did )

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 23:24:40

I forgot which is the light side and dark side, either way it buuuuurrrrrnsssss.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-17 23:26:32

To be a American means to be an Italian, give me the fork.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-18 19:00:12

Another fanart, Taki from the Soulcalibur series.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-18 19:02:35

You've already heard of the bloods and cribs, well here is tha kubes.(gotta remember to make better version)

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-18 19:05:16

And lastly (so far), is a drawing of people waiting in line.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-25 23:19:41

Drew on a bigger size paper in blue pen for good ole fun ;D (had to scan it 4 times though >.>).

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-26 00:19:20

At 2/17/11 11:26 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: To be a American means to be an Italian, give me the fork.

This one is definetely my favorite. But they are all fantastic :D

Long time no see, Zanechan

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-26 11:57:50

OK Zanesorrow there is something that needs to be sorted out.

You clearly have the drive to create art, but you are missing an important component in the process.
You need a stronger foundation of anatomy and form for your drawings. They always seem to turn out with randomized proportions, which really is showing what you still need to learn. Start reading on the essentials of human proportions and studying them. It will help your drawing skills overall.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-02-27 03:52:42

At 2/26/11 12:19 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 2/17/11 11:26 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: To be a American means to be an Italian, give me the fork.
This one is definetely my favorite. But they are all fantastic :D
Long time no see, Zanechan

I'm still waiting for the meatballs :3

At 2/26/11 11:57 AM, Dalenbourg wrote: OK Zanesorrow there is something that needs to be sorted out.

You clearly have the drive to create art, but you are missing an important component in the process.
You need a stronger foundation of anatomy and form for your drawings. They always seem to turn out with randomized proportions, which really is showing what you still need to learn. Start reading on the essentials of human proportions and studying them. It will help your drawing skills overall.

Right! ....anatomy.. hmmmmm....proportions proportions proportions.....bwah, symmetry D:<

I'll try to figure that out evidently (just need a epiphany)

Well i'm doing a school magazine cover (with a theme for madness in it) and what no better then the madness guy in 300. Plus this is an initial attempt on grayscale coloring......buuuut the art turns out dull and there must be somethin I'm forgetting ;rq. Any ideas?

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-03 22:24:16

Tried another whack on grayscale coloring, I think I'm sort of getting better (even though I totally need a different hair coloring method than this >^>).

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-03 22:29:05

At 3/3/11 10:24 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Tried another whack on grayscale coloring, I think I'm sort of getting better (even though I totally need a different hair coloring method than this >^>).

Ermmmm yeah, you do.
What program do you use to color?

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-03 22:34:48

At 3/3/11 10:29 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 3/3/11 10:24 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Tried another whack on grayscale coloring, I think I'm sort of getting better (even though I totally need a different hair coloring method than this >^>).
Ermmmm yeah, you do.
What program do you use to color?

Photoshop cs3 :3, Now Get in tha Choppah ELLAH!!! (and by choppa i mean the room ;3).

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-04 00:10:11

Well It looks like your style has changed a bit since over time because admittedly I was sort of grossed out by some of the crazy perspective or proportions you were trying to do for comical effect.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-06 09:17:54

At 2/27/11 03:52 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Well i'm doing a school magazine cover (with a theme for madness in it) and what no better then the madness guy in 300. Plus this is an initial attempt on grayscale coloring......buuuut the art turns out dull and there must be somethin I'm forgetting ;rq. Any ideas?

You need stronger highlights and darker darks in this picture. it appears that there is no true ligthsource, only gammalight that floats around like what you see in bad videogames and stuff.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-06 13:01:58

Your shading is all over the place-- and your lines are way to hairy at times. Your figures/drawings can become very very unclear.

You really should tackle your linework before anything else. You can shade and crosshatch as much as you want-- but if the drawing's lumpy, badly composited, etc-- there's really no point.

Again-- single, SINGLE lines. Even if you're sketching. Sketch does not = scribbles.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-07 00:02:14

Ahh... ahhhh... ahhhhhh...
Blurry... lines... making... violent... penetration... to... eyes.....

And really, that's about it - for now, that's really the main thing you need to do. In fact, I demand it. You see that brush you're using? Change it to something hard edged - if you're using Photoshop, they'll be along the first brushed you can even select. I've never, never, repeat, never seen a shading type done well with the blurry brush.

So try changing to that, do your next piece, and go from there. It looks harder to cover the area in detailed shading with a hard-edged brush, and it is, but it's easier then learning how to not to rape people's eyes with a soft edge.

Pic related.

Still had photoshop up from last pic lol

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-03-22 20:50:53

At 3/4/11 12:10 AM, argile wrote: Well It looks like your style has changed a bit since over time because admittedly I was sort of grossed out by some of the crazy perspective or proportions you were trying to do for comical effect.

Heheheh >.>

At 3/6/11 09:17 AM, Dalenbourg wrote:
You need stronger highlights and darker darks in this picture. it appears that there is no true ligthsource, only gammalight that floats around like what you see in bad videogames and stuff.

I gotta keep that in mind next time, I already turn in a newer version of it but it didn't ease my head knowing that I could of done more.

At 3/6/11 01:01 PM, Nicol3 wrote: Your shading is all over the place-- and your lines are way to hairy at times. Your figures/drawings can become very very unclear.

I really do get that alot :o

You really should tackle your linework before anything else. You can shade and crosshatch as much as you want-- but if the drawing's lumpy, badly composited, etc-- there's really no point.

I'll definitely keep that part in mind.

Again-- single, SINGLE lines. Even if you're sketching. Sketch does not = scribbles.

Right! single lines! I'll definitely work on that. Btw, are you reaaaaally sure sketches does not = to scribbles?

At 3/7/11 12:02 AM, Lintire wrote: Ahh... ahhhh... ahhhhhh...
Blurry... lines... making... violent... penetration... to... eyes.....

And really, that's about it - for now, that's really the main thing you need to do. In fact, I demand it. You see that brush you're using? Change it to something hard edged - if you're using Photoshop, they'll be along the first brushed you can even select. I've never, never, repeat, never seen a shading type done well with the blurry brush.

So try changing to that, do your next piece, and go from there. It looks harder to cover the area in detailed shading with a hard-edged brush, and it is, but it's easier then learning how to not to rape people's eyes with a soft edge.

Pic related.
Still had photoshop up from last pic lol

Ohhhhhh, now that makes alot more sense, btw how did you got your brush to vector out like that?

K, I've may had been really busy with school work and food poisoning but I know for sure I need to make out for all those lost times......well all I got are these.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-04-23 21:55:26

I'm still a messy person but I do like lazahs. Happy late Easter Earth Prom Day :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-04-24 16:23:07

At 4/24/11 05:10 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
At 4/23/11 09:55 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I'm still a messy person but I do like lazahs. Happy late Easter Earth Prom Day :3
Still really blurry, but I dig the color scheme you got going.

Thanks, I recently got interested on complimentary colorssss (still wandering about on color combos though >.>)

On a related note, I just figured out how to create a brush shape (I had fun with 2 things today :3)
Art Portal

BBS Signature