00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

147,638 Views | 762 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-22 23:07:42

At 10/22/10 08:39 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
Ok, I'll work on the hands (dunno wut short of hand you think I should fix on though: realistic, cartoon, anime, all of the following mixed?) but it nice to know what the viewer think is an eyesore so I can practice more not to make the same mistake again :).

It's not so much the style as it is the anatomy of them. I made marked it out on the sketch page 18 image you posted up there, and on a picture of my hand in the same pose (not the same angle I'm afraid) so maybe you can see what I'm seeing.

Most knuckles have an arc to them, but your hands don't. There's also problems with proportion. Your last sketch of the armored hand was alot better tho! Anyway, here's your pic, I drew all over it :P

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-27 16:30:35

At 10/22/10 11:07 PM, Version2 wrote:
At 10/22/10 08:39 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
Ok, I'll work on the hands (dunno wut short of hand you think I should fix on though: realistic, cartoon, anime, all of the following mixed?) but it nice to know what the viewer think is an eyesore so I can practice more not to make the same mistake again :).
It's not so much the style as it is the anatomy of them. I made marked it out on the sketch page 18 image you posted up there, and on a picture of my hand in the same pose (not the same angle I'm afraid) so maybe you can see what I'm seeing.

Most knuckles have an arc to them, but your hands don't. There's also problems with proportion. Your last sketch of the armored hand was alot better tho! Anyway, here's your pic, I drew all over it :P

Hehe, I knew there were somethin off, thanks I'll keep that in mind :P

Sketch pg numbah 25 and 26!!, I felt like connecting the pages since I drew on the back by accident >3>

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-27 16:34:43

Sketch pg numbah 27 and 28!, D-D-D-D-Duel!!! I referenced the Gundam, Death Scythe, from Gundam Wing.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-11-01 16:18:15

Sketch pg. numbah 29, those fading lines around the arm are erased marks, I originally curved the arm but decided to give some muscle. I wander what kind of chest should I give the fellow ;rq

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-11-01 22:36:26

At 10/27/10 04:34 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg numbah 27 and 28!, D-D-D-D-Duel!!! I referenced the Gundam, Death Scythe, from Gundam Wing.

Gundams are awesome I say. Especially with crosses. Love it.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-11-03 15:52:06

At 11/1/10 10:36 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 10/27/10 04:34 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg numbah 27 and 28!, D-D-D-D-Duel!!! I referenced the Gundam, Death Scythe, from Gundam Wing.
Gundams are awesome I say. Especially with crosses. Love it.

Hmmmmm ;rq (Crosses= Crucified= Jesus= Crucified Gundam Jesus), YEEEAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sketch pg. numbah 30, besides the first row, here is an alphabet face expressions :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-11-03 15:59:01

Sketch pg. number 31, ehhhhhh~ I'm not much good with lead shading (or what ever you call it ;rq) and as close as I could figure out on my attempt on realism, this still looks like anime to me :/ (must be the eyes). You guys got any criticisms besides the fact that it's unfinished.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-11-04 08:35:45

At 11/3/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Hmmmmm ;rq (Crosses= Crucified= Jesus= Crucified Gundam Jesus), YEEEAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sketch pg. numbah 30, besides the first row, here is an alphabet face expressions :3

What I meant with crosses was fusion or mixings.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-11-13 12:35:28

At 11/4/10 08:35 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 11/3/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Hmmmmm ;rq (Crosses= Crucified= Jesus= Crucified Gundam Jesus), YEEEAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!

What I meant with crosses was fusion or mixings.

Oh right, crosses :o

Sketch pg. number 32 and 33

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-11-13 12:40:15

At 11/3/10 03:59 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg. number 31, ehhhhhh~ I'm not much good with lead shading (or what ever you call it ;rq) and as close as I could figure out on my attempt on realism, this still looks like anime to me :/ (must be the eyes). You guys got any criticisms besides the fact that it's unfinished.

I think that renderings always look much better with the less pencil they use. This gives it more depth overall, and has a wider variations which make it look better. The best way to learn realism is to learn from everyday life, especially with where lights hit their face. It also helps to have a definite light resource :P

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-04 15:52:24

At 11/13/10 12:40 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: I think that renderings always look much better with the less pencil they use. This gives it more depth overall, and has a wider variations which make it look better. The best way to learn realism is to learn from everyday life, especially with where lights hit their face. It also helps to have a definite light resource :P

I gotta remember my source of light heh heh >.>

Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-04 15:56:54

At 12/4/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.

The FUCK you been son? I made a lounge post like a few days back about you being MIA.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-04 15:57:15

At 12/4/10 03:52 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Havent been drawing much lately, been busy.

Welcome back Zane! This drawing is looking cool.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-04 16:10:02

At 12/4/10 03:56 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
The FUCK you been son? I made a lounge post like a few days back about you being MIA.

Eh, Really (question mark], well Im leaving retty soon, I just came u to uload this ic (kitty face]

At 12/4/10 03:57 PM, CloudEater wrote:
Welcome back Zane! This drawing is looking cool.

Thx, the rain sort of smudge the sides of the drawing but it still looks retty alright.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-04 16:42:02

At 12/4/10 04:10 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Eh, Really (question mark], well Im leaving retty soon, I just came u to uload this ic (kitty face]

What the hell do you mean,you're leaving soon? Zane-chan, we've missed you! Come back! (sad kitty face)
And whats with the lack of "?"s and ":3"s? :( Everything alright?

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-04 17:30:22

At 12/4/10 04:42 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: And whats with the lack of "?"s and ":3"s? :( Everything alright?

Rain smudging his pictures, no punctuation marks as if he was posting hastily from a phone... He's pissed off the mafia and Zane is on the run. It's the only explanation.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-22 23:04:08

At 12/4/10 05:30 PM, Version2 wrote:
At 12/4/10 04:42 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: And whats with the lack of "?"s and ":3"s? :( Everything alright?
Rain smudging his pictures, no punctuation marks as if he was posting hastily from a phone... He's pissed off the mafia and Zane is on the run. It's the only explanation.

YES!!, that is the only best possible explanation, there is in no other possible way for this to be false. Nope, nothing....well anywho, bwarrrgh barnie.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-22 23:05:15

Another bwaaaargh to lightened up the night :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-22 23:06:33

YES!!, that is the only best possible explanation, there is in no other possible way for this to be false. Nope, nothing....well anywho, bwarrrgh barnie.

hahaha
this is really cool.

I love this gross cartoon version of a lovable children's cartoon.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-22 23:06:59

Instead of a bwarghhh, it's more of a bwahahaha :o

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-22 23:08:55

At 12/22/10 11:06 PM, Spac3case916 wrote:
hahaha
this is really cool.

I love this gross cartoon version of a lovable children's cartoon.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-22 23:37:57

WIP of a steampunk or mechanical looking city I may or may not want to finish.

Last one until I get unlazy to actually paint something new on my laptop <:3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-23 00:41:54

O hai there. Glad to see you again. I know your not going to come back again for some time because you stated you only use the library's internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-23 09:29:03

Not trying to troll. I like your art, I see you have a lot of skills. But what I noticed is that, in almost all your drawings, the anatomy looks kind of deformed and the perspective looks... strange.
I think you should try improving those. If you do, your art will be 70 times better.
Please, do it. I think you have excellent skills. I want to see more stuff coming from you.

Check out my stupid webcomic: Tumblr | Tapas | Webtoons

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-23 20:03:33

At 12/23/10 12:41 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: O hai there. Glad to see you again. I know your not going to come back again for some time because you stated you only use the library's internet.

And friend's computer when it's most convenient ;D

Public library internet ain't too friendly with newgrounds :<

At 12/23/10 09:29 AM, Zodape wrote: Not trying to troll. I like your art, I see you have a lot of skills. But what I noticed is that, in almost all your drawings, the anatomy looks kind of deformed and the perspective looks... strange.
I think you should try improving those. If you do, your art will be 70 times better.
Please, do it. I think you have excellent skills. I want to see more stuff coming from you.

I'll keep that in good mind, there is always room for improvements :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-23 20:05:36

At 12/23/10 08:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Public library internet ain't too friendly with newgrounds :<

If it's lag, I can't help you with that.
If it's that part's are blocked, use a proxy.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-26 23:42:36

At 12/23/10 08:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/23/10 08:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Public library internet ain't too friendly with newgrounds :<
If it's lag, I can't help you with that.
If it's that part's are blocked, use a proxy.

I'll definitely keep that in mind ;D

I tried out some photoshop stuff and see wut does the burn tool, dodge tool, some sort of art history tool and filters would turn out on one of my old drawing.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-26 23:43:45

oh and plus messin with layers stuff >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-12-27 13:04:20

At 12/26/10 11:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I tried out some photoshop stuff and see wut does the burn tool, dodge tool, some sort of art history tool and filters would turn out on one of my old drawing.

Awesome! I love this. You should put a bit of more detail on the chest.

Check out my stupid webcomic: Tumblr | Tapas | Webtoons

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2011-01-07 21:07:22

At 12/27/10 01:04 PM, Zodape wrote:
At 12/26/10 11:42 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I tried out some photoshop stuff and see wut does the burn tool, dodge tool, some sort of art history tool and filters would turn out on one of my old drawing.
Awesome! I love this. You should put a bit of more detail on the chest.

Not much I can do about that since I was just experimenting on it, plus it was an old sketch i scanned long ago, so the original was gone.

This is a drawing of an elite from halo that is holding a carbine. It was drawn on a big sketch paper so not all of the little bits can be seen.

BBS Signature