00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkyonVeil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread

147,632 Views | 762 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-05 17:17:14

At 10/5/10 05:07 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg numbah 13, this my have been a waste of sketch paper but it was somewhat worth it ;rq

now if only you will doo this with the rest of your emoticons so we understand what you mean by them.... :P

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-07 15:49:37

At 10/5/10 05:17 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/5/10 05:07 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch pg numbah 13, this my have been a waste of sketch paper but it was somewhat worth it ;rq
now if only you will doo this with the rest of your emoticons so we understand what you mean by them.... :P

Hmmmm I C ;rq

Sketch pg. numburrrr 14, "what's on her face?" you may ask, well wuts not oh her face from that face of....her :|

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-07 15:52:34

Sketch page number 15, I was trying to practice drawing a little smaller and on clothes but I didn't like how the legs turned out and of how less abstract the background is :|

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-07 15:55:18

Sketch page numbah 16, I couldn't think up of anything to draw during the free time I had during class so my friend said draw Micky mouse, they wander why he has a hook on his hand :/

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-07 16:44:57

At 10/7/10 03:55 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page numbah 16, I couldn't think up of anything to draw during the free time I had during class so my friend said draw Micky mouse, they wander why he has a hook on his hand :/

Why is the dude in the background holding kairi's, or what looks like her keyblade?

do not understand

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-07 17:27:22

At 10/7/10 04:44 PM, Danopus wrote: Why is the dude in the background holding kairi's, or what looks like her keyblade?

do not understand

Mickey = Kingdom Hearts = Kairi? Thats how I justify it.

Plus, you can so tell by the shoes :O

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-07 18:19:37

At 10/7/10 05:27 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/7/10 04:44 PM, Danopus wrote: Why is the dude in the background holding kairi's, or what looks like her keyblade?

do not understand
Mickey = Kingdom Hearts = Kairi? Thats how I justify it.
Plus, you can so tell by the shoes :O

Ding ding ding, righto, and beside, that sketch was a failed anyway. I couldn't drew Micky properly plus I didn't get the angle I wanted and the style I wanted to put into it :P

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-08 19:35:16

Sketch page numbah 17, chick fell, practice on a floor angle.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-08 19:48:16

At 10/8/10 07:35 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page numbah 17, chick fell, practice on a floor angle.

i see tittehs

you sick bastard :3

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-08 21:55:18

At 10/8/10 07:35 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page numbah 17, chick fell, practice on a floor angle.

Awesome Zane! You have improve greatly since I last saw your works.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-09 08:53:02

lol underboobs

lololol

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-12 00:56:59

At 10/8/10 07:48 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
i see tittehs
you sick bastard :3

Awwwwww kitty face to you too :3

At 10/8/10 09:55 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
Awesome Zane! You have improve greatly since I last saw your works.

Thx 50, you've improved quadrible times more though from the first picture I saw you submitted :D

At 10/9/10 08:53 AM, Danopus wrote: lol underboobs

lololol

Lawl

Practicing somethin in Sai ( I can't believe I'm actually using it), this was really sloppy in terms of drawing this but if I put the character in the size of background characters or really small object and if I magically imagine a scenery of some sort fitting to the position of the character, it could turn out nifty.

I'm sort of sad to the fact it was an attempt on speed paint and this took 2 hours for a simpler method I was doing (well at least it's better then the usual 6 hrs of drawing and coloring >3>)...

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-12 01:41:50

Nice job so far, very chibi (Sai?) and the painting start seems to be, well good, although for two hours work it seems that you do need a lot more help to quickly do things, I see what you were talking about, now. Either way, a good start, and I can see it as a valuable chance to get some practice in at backgrounds.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-14 15:51:54

At 10/12/10 01:41 AM, Lintire wrote: Nice job so far, very chibi (Sai?) and the painting start seems to be, well good, although for two hours work it seems that you do need a lot more help to quickly do things, I see what you were talking about, now. Either way, a good start, and I can see it as a valuable chance to get some practice in at backgrounds.

When I mean sai i mean paint tool sai (paint program thingy), I definitely need help to draw things digitally faster D: but the only answer I could figure out is practice faster. I'll definitely get back to that to put a background for it, until then...

Sketch pg numbah 18, I was sick and miserable, and naow I'm not alone :3.....I gotta remember to google how to draw boogers and snot.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-14 15:56:52

Sketch pg numbah 19, I never really did practice on animals much.....even though I originally wanted to draw a creature >.>....but it looks soo much like a hog that I couldn't resist drawing it out as one :P. What would be the best tutorials to find variety of limbs and body to form animals and creatures (to draw)?....Google away!! *flying swoosh noise*

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-14 16:00:15

Drew this in pen, .....Ffffff- I forgot what art word was it that had to do with that look of being up close and stuff >,<

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-14 16:01:13

At 10/14/10 04:00 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Drew this in pen, .....Ffffff- I forgot what art word was it that had to do with that look of being up close and stuff >,<

foreshortening?
you need an art dictionary zane :3

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-15 16:06:50

At 10/14/10 04:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/14/10 04:00 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Drew this in pen, .....Ffffff- I forgot what art word was it that had to do with that look of being up close and stuff >,<
foreshortening?
you need an art dictionary zane :3

Oh right that word :3....but I gotta get Barron's 1100 Words You Need to Know 5th Edition book....sooo yeahh... >3>

Sketch pg numbah 20, this came out as a practice on shapes formed to put shading in (don't know what word I'm looking for hint hint). I gotta say the size of each body parts are really unfitting and isn't somethin I'll take much pride on :/

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-15 16:12:50

Sketch pg numbah 21, decided to try less curves and more straight lines plus since I couldn't entirely figure out what to put as the head, I put a cap on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-15 16:16:30

Sketch page number 22, crackin the knuckles.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-15 16:20:18

Sketch page numbah 23, drew it for the designs plus since I drew the hand freakin huge >3>

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-19 21:00:25

Put up on your "insert expression" face

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-20 17:19:09

Sketch page Numbahh 24, for the friday flood on baked beans, scanner didn't scan the shading and its some lines. I gotta remember to color this :3

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-20 17:48:29

At 10/19/10 09:00 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Put up on your "insert expression" face

Holy crap! It's a Ballchinian!

Awesome work man, I wish I could get clean lines like you.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-20 18:17:52

At 10/19/10 09:00 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Put up on your "insert expression" face

This reminds me of the grandpa from Squee.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-20 19:25:14

At 10/20/10 05:19 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page Numbahh 24, for the friday flood on baked beans, scanner didn't scan the shading and its some lines. I gotta remember to color this :3

i love how nobodies constructive anymore, its so helpful

ok, you got a good start, but its a bit hard to tell whats going on, needs to be a bit more defined but im guessing that'll come through when it goes to digital, which im guessing your doing, it may just be the scanner messing it up. also cant really tell what that is bottom left or whats really going on, and there may be a little bit of a problem with the bottom of the main bean, the shape of it overall doesnt look beanlike, im guessing thats a bean, am i being too negative? sorry if i am, i want it to look its best, other than that its good, and will look awesome when its finished, so good luck

lol awesome eye, but wierd reflection on it

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-20 21:22:59

At 10/20/10 05:48 PM, Version2 wrote:
Holy crap! It's a Ballchinian!

Awesome work man, I wish I could get clean lines like you.

Just to let you know that the lines are actually dirty, just not extremely messy, I makes my lines the same way as I play Halo in legendary (even though you'll die constantly, if you clean up your aim and know where they coming then you'll make it pass to the next part ;D)

At 10/20/10 06:17 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
This reminds me of the grandpa from Squee.

Lol, the art style reminds me of invader zim.

At 10/20/10 07:25 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 10/20/10 05:19 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Sketch page Numbahh 24, for the friday flood on baked beans, scanner didn't scan the shading and its some lines. I gotta remember to color this :3
i love how nobodies constructive anymore, its so helpful

ok, you got a good start, but its a bit hard to tell whats going on, needs to be a bit more defined but im guessing that'll come through when it goes to digital, which im guessing your doing, it may just be the scanner messing it up. also cant really tell what that is bottom left or whats really going on, and there may be a little bit of a problem with the bottom of the main bean, the shape of it overall doesnt look beanlike, im guessing thats a bean, am i being too negative? sorry if i am, i want it to look its best, other than that its good, and will look awesome when its finished, so good luck

lol awesome eye, but wierd reflection on it

Lol yea, even though their comments aren't words of improvement, it's sometime nice to have a boost on morale :3. K, I'll definitely draw this out digitally because of that "hard to tell" thing that I keep on facing. You're not too negative, I'll re-mold the shape digitally (my curves can only reach so far from the radius of my hand but doing this digitally is fine since mistakes are erase-able) :D. I gotta remember to place the light streaks in a more curvy manner and to not add so much shading on pop-out eyes.

BBS Signature

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-21 05:46:22

I'd give you criticism, but I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination (check out the crap I have submitted to the art portal for a lol). It kind of feels out of place for me to tell you that you should probably practice drawing hands some more, when I couldn't draw a hand even that good.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-21 08:20:51

At 10/21/10 05:46 AM, Version2 wrote: I'd give you criticism, but I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination (check out the crap I have submitted to the art portal for a lol). It kind of feels out of place for me to tell you that you should probably practice drawing hands some more, when I couldn't draw a hand even that good.

Hey man, I can't draw for shit but I give criticism all the time.
Those that can't do, teach.

And those that can't teach, teach gym.

Response to Zanezansorrow's Personal Art Thread 2010-10-22 20:39:16

At 10/21/10 05:46 AM, Version2 wrote: I'd give you criticism, but I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination (check out the crap I have submitted to the art portal for a lol). It kind of feels out of place for me to tell you that you should probably practice drawing hands some more, when I couldn't draw a hand even that good.

Ok, I'll work on the hands (dunno wut short of hand you think I should fix on though: realistic, cartoon, anime, all of the following mixed?) but it nice to know what the viewer think is an eyesore so I can practice more not to make the same mistake again :).

At 10/21/10 08:20 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Hey man, I can't draw for shit but I give criticism all the time.
Those that can't do, teach.
And those that can't teach, teach gym.

Soooo that's explain why my gym teacher was always texting all the time :O

I think I figure out the way to handle those brightness and missing detail problem now when scanning, things may look dark but at least not every detail is missing....all it do is show all the details.

BBS Signature