00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Have you ever saved a life?

4,693 Views | 68 Replies

Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 02:53:22

Has Newgrounds ever saved a life? Just yesterday, I did. During a family get-together thing today, my 5 year old cousin that I sometimes suspect to be retarded(but he's not quite retarded, just slow) was in the pool today. He still needs waterwings and always plays on this little blue board float. Well, he said to our moron redneck grandma, "I'm gonna go get on da skateboard" and she ignored him, not realizing that 1. We didn't have a skateboard and 2. Even if we did, it would be dangerous to let a 5 year old on it, especially one that's mentally problematic. He was talking about that blue float. He got into the shallow end of the pool without his waterwings on, and got onto that blue float. He didn't realize that he was going into the deep end of the pool because he wasn't touches the bottom and had his eyes closed, so he didn't notice the decline. Suddenly, when he was down in the 6ft. area, the board slipped away. He was drowning and couldn't make any noise because he was already beginning to sink. His parents weren't paying attention, and I looked up and saw it. Very lucky for him. I dived into the pool, clothes on and everything and grabbed him. Little bastard kept pulling my hair and flailing around while I was swimming him back to the shallow end, but I'm not surprised, he had plenty of reason to be scared. His dad was the only one to thank me, his mom was too pissed. She spanked him and yelled a lot about him going in the pool without asking her and especially not wearing the waterwings. She was mad as hell. I went to his dad's house later, after these get-togethers we always go back to his place, drink and smoke a little bit, play some rockband, and that night his wife came out there and yelled at him for not watching the kid. She was still pissed. It kept building, and eventually she ripped his shirt right off of him. That last bit was just a little detail for fun. How about you, NG?

really overused signature

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 03:03:54

Your kinda like a hero.

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 03:05:44

At 9/7/10 03:02 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Good for you. You're so wonderful. And cool, I'd bet 15 chicks are ready to blow your dick skyhigh.

Is that what you wanted to hear? Is that why you made this thread? So everyone would say "WOW YOU SURE ARE A COOL GUY"? Because that's what it sounds like to me. You can go now.

Someone sounds jelly.

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 03:07:24

At 9/7/10 03:03 AM, ItsRangasLife wrote: Your kinda like a hero.

I'm a hero! A real hero!

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 03:09:28

I've only nearly took a life, I feel horrible now.

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 03:28:33

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I saved my own life, I was in some sort of very, very dirt slimy cave, I was small back then, the cave was trying to eat me as it seemed, so I was pushing myself out of this slimy gory mess, finally I pushed myself far enough, and then I got saved by some dude who then brought me to my dear mom.
God that place was horrid.

I never learned what it actually was.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 03:31:54

I once saved Hitler's life, ended up indirectly killing millions...

#include <stdio.h>

char*p="#include <stdio.h>%cchar*p=%c%s%c;%cmain() {printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);}";

main() {printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);}

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 04:04:34

You're awesome :D (No sarcasm.)

And I kinda saved a life once. I was at the park and I saw some little kid running toward a nearby busy street, so I sprinted over to stop him.

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 04:06:47

Me being in the Army Reserve surprisingly, no. And I don't care to do so either. I'm in it to fend for myself and live for myself.

People mean nothing to me anymore.

http://bioshock2forums.com/ucp.php?

i=profile&mode=signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 04:08:32

I once pushed a boy off a cliff to prevent him from stepping on an unsuspecting mouse right where he wanted to step on.

How does that count?

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 04:23:54

At 9/7/10 03:25 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
At 9/7/10 03:05 AM, maspa wrote:
Someone sounds jelly.
Someone sounds 4chan.

His name is Brlem

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 07:13:27

You were better off leaving him in there and pretended to be in the bathroom.

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 07:18:26

I do believe that I saved my own life... by not watching Twilight.

Other then that, not really, no - I'm not one to save lives, just to hang around until someone gets the urge to blow their own head off or something.

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 08:45:01

A couple of times, actually. End of.

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 08:51:37

A few years ago I was out in a tinny in the middle of a lake with one of my distant family members, and my first cousin. My distant family member is an adult, but my cousin was only 8. Before heading out on the boat, her brothers made up jokes about there being sharks in the water, which didn't seem to bother her at first. We got out in the water, and, somehow (can't remember), she fell out. This was while we were moving too, so she ended up being pretty far away. In the water, she panicked and screamed 'Help mommy!', I'll never forget her voice saying that. Anyway, as soon as she said that, without even thinking, I dived into the water and pulled her closer to the boat, she then climbed back aboard.

I don't know if I saved a life that day, but what scares me most is that I barely remembered what happened. It's like my brain is trying to repress it, and that scares me.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:11:35

At 9/7/10 02:53 AM, maspa wrote: His dad was the only one to thank me, his mom was too pissed. She spanked him and yelled a lot about him going in the pool without asking her and especially not wearing the waterwings. She was mad as hell. that night his wife came out there and yelled at him for not watching the kid. She was still pissed. It kept building, and eventually she ripped his shirt right off of him. That last bit was just a little detail for fun. How about you, NG?

GOOD FOR YEEEWWWW ;D

But seriously, well done mate.
That child's mother is a bitch by the way, spanking the child, telling him how he did wrong, how her husband did wrong, and not thinking it was partially her fault too.
But she spanked him because she cares for her child, even how strange that may sound :3
And she ripped her husbands shirt off?!

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:12:03

I did. Myself two times, and bunch of animals occasionaly.

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:12:55

At 9/7/10 03:25 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
At 9/7/10 03:05 AM, maspa wrote:
Someone sounds jelly.
Someone sounds 4chan.

The guy is right, you don't have to act like an upright jackass while op posted something interesting...

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:21:02

At 9/7/10 02:53 AM, maspa wrote: His parents weren't paying attention, and I looked up and saw it. Very lucky for him.

On the second thought:

Why did you save him? Wouldn't you want to see how someone dies?

Such an intriguing experience. Shocking, yet entertaining.

It would be an art masterpiece, if he would drown in there. Think about it:

There are lots of family members, talking and doing stuff, and a pool in the middle. The kid drowns in the pool, but noone saves him. Noone sees him. In fact, only you do, but you are a spectator of the show, you are looking at the 3rd dimension art all around you, and that's why you don't save the child.

Think about it. You watch a little boy drowning in the pool, waving his hands in slowmotion, when others people laugh out there, talking and smiling, like there were two different worlds combined together around you.

the kid drowns, and finally someone else notces it. He yells at the body floating in the pool, and runs in there. the kid dies, women cry, men call the emergency and try first aid.

Only you saw it, but of course noone knows that you did, so noone will be ever mad at you.

A show worth of loosing a slow minded cousin.

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:22:28

Ive saved nerds computers?
kinda the same thing rly

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:25:17

At 9/7/10 04:06 AM, ScorpionReturn5 wrote: Me being in the Army Reserve surprisingly, no. And I don't care to do so either. I'm in it to fend for myself and live for myself.

People mean nothing to me anymore.

Lol, you're gay.

Anyway, yeah I've saved a few lives. Most of the people I saved were being dumbasses though, so I'm not sure if it counts for anything.

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:52:10

Yeah, i saved my friend from drowning, tis an achievement.

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 09:58:35

i saved a spider life by giving him insects to eat and to save the rest of the incests i killed the spider.
cruel nature.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 10:04:27

At 9/7/10 09:58 AM, satanbrain wrote: i saved a spider life by giving him insects to eat and to save the rest of the incests i killed the spider.
cruel nature.

But the spider already ate them.

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 11:41:44

At 9/7/10 10:05 AM, razorbladesigh wrote: There was this one time, where I was going to stomp on a beetle, but decided not to.

Just last night, there was a big spider in my house and I was going to kill it, but decided to simply let it live by putting it outside. My family also took care of a stray cat and nursed it back to health

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 11:43:59

At 9/7/10 10:05 AM, razorbladesigh wrote: There was this one time, where I was going to stomp on a beetle, but decided not to.

I did the total opposite of that honestly

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 11:48:31

At 9/7/10 03:28 AM, Falonefal wrote: Once upon a time, a long time ago, I saved my own life, I was in some sort of very, very dirt slimy cave, I was small back then, the cave was trying to eat me as it seemed, so I was pushing myself out of this slimy gory mess, finally I pushed myself far enough, and then I got saved by some dude who then brought me to my dear mom.
God that place was horrid.

I never learned what it actually was.

Me too! And the dude was a wearing a white mask over his mouth and he had gloves on! it was weird!

I see what you did thar!

MuyBurrito's epic thread takeover! Like latin music? Check this out!

Quote of the Week!

"I was raped as a child" ~ Twilight

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-07 11:58:42

At 9/7/10 03:02 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Good for you. You're so wonderful. And cool, I'd bet 15 chicks are ready to blow your dick skyhigh.

Is that what you wanted to hear? Is that why you made this thread? So everyone would say "WOW YOU SURE ARE A COOL GUY"? Because that's what it sounds like to me. You can go now.

For fucks sake lighten up your the most cynical bastard on this website are you ever in a good mood?

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-08 11:05:29

While it was not myself, I actually did once have somebody save MY life. I was out swimming in the ocean this one time (I have no idea how long ago it was) and the tide and current was the strongest I had ever experienced in my life. I nearly drowned, but then my dad came and brought me back to the shore. I guess it must have been after 2002 because that was when I started living by the beach in Florida.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Have you ever saved a life? 2010-09-08 11:19:08

I save 100 starving African children each and every month, thats right 100, a simple $10.00 a month donation can save these poor suffering children and since I have the funds to do it, why not, a $1,000 a month is nothing to me, so that is exactly what I do. So to answer your question, YES I have saved a life, I donate $1,000 a month to save 100 very, very needy African children. I also donate to many other charities, on a fairly regular basis. Its the least I can do.