New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-29 00:29:23 Reply

I had a few doodles laying around waiting to get lost forever and then I thought of making a collection of them up here like my heroes Katzenjammer and BizzaroJoe so here's the thread. That was a long sentence.
These are two soldiers who have a long history fighting each other. Part of a few drawings I did while I was away from home with family.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-29 00:38:20 Reply

Another while away from home. I'm allowed to post two in a row right?
This is a group of friends who are in a band. Which no one would ever be able to tell because they are all standing like robots. Which is a bad habit of drawing people I can't seem to shake.
The guy on the right is especially stiff. And the tall guy's shoulders are messed up. I'm gonna need to look at Adam Phillips'sesess work to see how to do more sloping shoulders.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-29 00:42:20 Reply

Triple Poost!
Last of the vacation drawings. I did this in the car on the ferry back.
Ahh, beautiful British Columbia!

Ypok's Portfolioodle

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-29 00:53:07 Reply

At 8/29/10 12:38 AM, Ypok wrote: This is a group of friends who are in a band. Which no one would ever be able to tell because they are all standing like robots. Which is a bad habit of drawing people I can't seem to shake.

The last one looks like a tall Ringo.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-29 01:04:37 Reply

At 8/29/10 12:42 AM, Ypok wrote: Triple Poost!

Don't worry about it, it's your thread and you can post as many images in a row as you need to, so nevermind commenting about the posts.

Letsee - love the sketches, cartoony without forgetting the detail, something I don't see very often. Looking forward to see more, man.

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-29 01:54:38 Reply

The last one looks like a tall Ringo.

... minus a chin.
Thank you for the feedback, it makes me happy.
I lied, there's another drawing from my vacation. My sister wanted to draw so I gave her a skeleton/ figure thingamaboppidy and she drew over it.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-29 16:35:59 Reply

Edgar. Character made by a friend at school.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-08-31 12:55:57 Reply

Did anyone else see the tweener Federer hit yesterday?

Ypok's Portfolioodle

AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-01 09:55:00 Reply

This is some good stuff, I could never really draw on paper for some reason.. I wish I could :(

Anyways, I like it!

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-01 10:20:56 Reply

two characters of the you've displayed on your starter like that guy on the right looked pretty interesting , What was it about your two favorite artists that made you aspire to create a thread at the moment?

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-01 20:55:26 Reply

At 9/1/10 10:20 AM, argile wrote: two characters of the you've displayed on your starter like that guy on the right looked pretty interesting , What was it about your two favorite artists that made you aspire to create a thread at the moment?

Well I like both their styles of figure drawing quite a lot, but I made the thread mostly for feedback from people like you :)

And to AJtheRipper thank you, I'm sure drawing on paper just takes a bit of practice. Like just doodling in notebooks and stuff.

I don't know how many of you have seen or heard of that video of the girl throwing puppies into a river. I saw it cos of a link from a guy called sxephil on youtube. If you haven't seen it, it's probably better that way. I mean it's a video literally of puppies being killed. It made me sad :(
BUT apparently 4chan is already on it. Maybe they'll send a guy...

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Painted-Gorilla
Painted-Gorilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-02 04:05:42 Reply

haha these are awesome the last picture kinda rmind me of the style of pinky and the brain

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-02 08:00:50 Reply

At 9/1/10 08:55 PM, Ypok wrote: BUT apparently 4chan is already on it. Maybe they'll send a guy...

Love the design of the executioner guy. Just noticed that the chick has a MASSIVE forehead. Maybe extend the hairline down a bit.

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-02 09:54:03 Reply

At 8/29/10 12:42 AM, Ypok wrote: Last of the vacation drawings.

There's something about this. I know it's quite simple but... I like it.

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-06 21:01:30 Reply

Edgar's crew. Poorly stitched together in Photoshop.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-06 21:56:16 Reply

I love the disney-esque atmosphere all your character have - despite being about executioners and whatnot, they all have a cute side to them, something I regularly see in the Disney villains around. More likely then not, purely coincidental, but that's just how I see it.

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-07 01:51:20 Reply

At 9/6/10 09:56 PM, Lintire wrote: I love the disney-esque atmosphere all your character have - despite being about executioners and whatnot, they all have a cute side to them, something I regularly see in the Disney villains around. More likely then not, purely coincidental, but that's just how I see it.

Well I'm glad you see it that way; Disney stuff is awesome. I actually have been trying to draw characters like Albert Uderzo. His stuff to me has the perfect balance of cartooniness and anatomically-correctness.

And to big-johnny-13 yeah I struggle with faces, even with the guides. I was trying to make her look stupid. Thanks for the critique.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-11 03:48:56 Reply

Was going to stick a picture of Pico in front of this and enter that contest for Glaiel's desktop but now I dunno if it fits the whole NG theme.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

harrowess
harrowess
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-11 04:56:55 Reply

At 8/29/10 12:29 AM, Ypok wrote: I had a few doodles laying around waiting to get lost forever and then I thought of making a collection of them up here like my heroes Katzenjammer and BizzaroJoe so here's the thread. That was a long sentence.
These are two soldiers who have a long history fighting each other. Part of a few drawings I did while I was away from home with family.

It is a bit cartoony but the shady as great and same with the human anatomy. You really have a nack for this!

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-11 23:17:52 Reply

Colored [somewhat pathetically] in Photoshop. I really like playing around with the filters.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-12 00:43:49 Reply

At 9/11/10 11:17 PM, Ypok wrote: Colored [somewhat pathetically] in Photoshop. I really like playing around with the filters.

This actually looks pretty good. Don't get in the habit of filter raping your art though, it doesn't turn out good.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-17 01:25:26 Reply

At 9/12/10 12:43 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 9/11/10 11:17 PM, Ypok wrote: Colored [somewhat pathetically] in Photoshop. I really like playing around with the filters.
This actually looks pretty good. Don't get in the habit of filter raping your art though, it doesn't turn out good.

Thanks. I'm glad someone told me that now so that I don't fall into that trap.

This is Bolt, a character made by the friend at school who made Edgar. For some reason I find Bolt particularly hard to draw.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-21 02:07:27 Reply

OH BOY OH BOY!! Sept 22 is only 2 nights away and I've just finished my movie!!! I'm so pumped! Hoping to get my first front page. Be sure to look out for "Madness Invasion" when it comes out!

Ok, might have overdone it with the self-promotion there. Anyways, here are some people from a village called North Point. The boy with the cape is Expresso, the boy with the book and glasses is Nathaniel (name subject to change), and the girl is Jessica. I'm hoping you will see a lot more of them.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

Lazyfeet
Lazyfeet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-21 02:43:28 Reply

Loving your style.

Groovy!

What a good looking mirror.

BBS Signature
AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-21 08:14:50 Reply

How long did this take? Lol

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-21 10:15:57 Reply

At 9/21/10 02:07 AM, Ypok wrote: Be sure to look out for "Madness Invasion" when it comes out!

Oh, I will be..... I will be.

Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-25 23:25:40 Reply

Hi. Sorry if I'm late getting back to you. I've been caught up with how MY MADNESS DAY SUBMISSION has been doing. Does anyone know if collabs are judged in the same category as individual submissions?? Hoping not.

Responses...
Lazyfeet: Tank you

AJtheRipper: the drawing took 15 minutes and I think the coloring only took 10. I find that with sketching it tends to look a little better when you do it fast.

Big-Johnny-13: :D

Threadwood: Thanks a lot. I like to try and make my drawings more loose and upbeat. And yes, if I don't do the circle thing I find my trees look like big weird blobs. It's certainly nice to hear that an experienced illustrator does the same.

And here's a picture of a man running.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-25 23:46:17 Reply

can I just say that your stuff is awesome? It's like a throwback to looney tunes and stuff. Your characters would look very nice in animations, they look like they really would bend and flop about. Great stuff!

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Ypok
Ypok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-27 22:51:52 Reply

More of Bolt. His face is really hard to get right.

Ypok's Portfolioodle

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Ypok's Portfolioodle 2010-09-27 23:20:38 Reply

At 9/25/10 11:25 PM, Ypok wrote: Hi. Sorry if I'm late getting back to you. I've been caught up with how MY MADNESS DAY SUBMISSION has been doing. Does anyone know if collabs are judged in the same category as individual submissions?? Hoping not.

Wow man, very smooth animation, I dig it.

Would love to work with you on a flash.