00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lordmagian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get Your Music On The Radio

12,758 Views | 144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 16:39:04

Hey folks!

Starting October 1st a friend and I will be taking our podcast to radio. Now it is LOCAL university radio station, but is also streaming on the web. (I'll give you the addy later in the post)

We've been given a one hour time slot on Friday nights 10 -11 pm pacific standard time.(due to the often graphic nature of our program).
Our podcast is quite simply, movie reviews. But not mainstream movies. B and C movies. (I'll give you the addy of that shortly)

During our show, we WILL be taking musical breaks. Between 4-6 songs per show, depending on length. So not a lot. But, exposure is exposure.

The production manager of the radio station is ok with me playing music from newgrounds. The only thing he asks is that I have exclusive permission from the artist. Just replying to this post saying you are cool with it, is good enough for him.

Obviously, I will be mentioning the artist and where to find their music and a mini bio if I can. If you are ok with me playing your music (when I can) please reply here. Also, if you want other things mentioned like myspace etc. let me know.

Now like I said, we won't be playing a lot of music. But the option to play yours would be awesome.

Exposure for you is payback for how awesome this site has been for me and my music.

It's not a ton of exposure, but it is some. The university is fairly large, and the radio station can be reached by 90000 people with it's small transmitter. But it is also streaming on the web, so the potential is great.

Anyways, the radio station is www.thex.ca

What our program is, is here:

http://www.podomatic.com/profile/filmrev iewsfromthebasement

Confirmed guests so far this season are:

John Fallon Actor, stuntman, and horror critic for joblo.com

And Leah Cairns actress on the series Battlestar Galactica, and been in movies like 88 Minutes with Al Pacino, etc.

Anyways its a small start for us, and some free exposure for you. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 16:48:01

im cool with you playing my tunes, dont know how radio friendly itll be though

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 16:59:11

At 8/28/10 04:48 PM, SessileNomad wrote: im cool with you playing my tunes, dont know how radio friendly itll be though

Have to sign up on my news page.

Its ok its a late show. Obscurity is good and a little rated R stuff won't kill us. We have a disclaimer at the beginning of the show. haha.

Thanks

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 19:04:15

What sort of music are you looking for? Like, anything? I'm making quite a bit of 8-bit at the minute, and to be honest I've never heard 8-bit music on the radio haha.

I make 8-bit music, check it out.

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 20:27:08

neato, I'm good.

www.Soundcloud.com/Heinbokel

www.HeinbokelMusic.com

Multi-Media composer located in Burbank,CA

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 21:12:56

At 8/28/10 07:04 PM, HungarianSubstations wrote: What sort of music are you looking for? Like, anything? I'm making quite a bit of 8-bit at the minute, and to be honest I've never heard 8-bit music on the radio haha.

I'm not sure I've ever heard 8 bit on the radio either. haha.
But I'm not looking for any "sort" of music. I'm just looking for "permission" to be able to choose from a plethora of artists/songs/genres.To be able to choose from at will when we play music..

:)

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 21:32:18

October 1st, is my B-day, well if you need some mini bios i have a thread on this from a while back Here

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 22:26:12

All of my permissions are belong to you.

I don't really have radio-worthy music in my opinion, but hey, you might find something.

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-28 23:55:01

You know I'm good with it.

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-29 00:18:43

Approved. I highly recommend "Balls Are Touching" and "Oh Noes" as recurring songs played atleast 3-4 times per hour for the next week or year.

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-29 00:18:52

Happy to oblige.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-29 14:46:00

Awesome peeps! I guess on the thread works as well as on the page too. As long as some jerk doesn't go deleting the thread. haha.

Thanks again, fuckers. I'm loving the mixed genres too!!

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-29 18:04:58

Cool. I'll sign up. If you don't mind ambient.

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-30 23:26:29

we'll be signing up now. we're a hip hop group, check out our music in the link in our sig.
let us know if you like it & if it's appropriate haha.

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-30 23:32:54

Oooh, pick me, pick me! xD I already posted on your news post before I came here, but please, consider anything I've submitted as fair game for radio broadcasts, thanks my Newgrounds guru.

"A drummer can be compared to gun laws. When they work, nobody ever pays any attention, but as soon as something goes wrong with them, they get blamed for all the problems."

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-31 08:08:45

ive only got 2 songs but if ya wanna grab one and use i would love that. like you said expose is exposure

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-31 11:08:31

I do not know if you like any of my submissions, as they are probably not all-that good, but you are welcome to play any of them on your show if you would like.

Good luck with the show! =)

Heya! Do you wonder what it sounds like to be on a wild sugar rush? Click here if you dare! =3

Go to the Review Request Club for amazing reviews of your work!

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-31 13:01:58

you have my permission, if you like. aha

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-31 15:20:42

You can count my three songs in. :)

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-08-31 16:50:01

At 8/31/10 04:24 PM, Chronamut wrote: he's openly and bluntly gonna profit off of us all! :P

Fixed

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-01 19:39:10

I'm ok with you guys playing any of my songs. If you do happen to play any of my songs, reference my real name, and if possible the primary website I compose for: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showt opic=388805

Video Game Music Composer

www.calebcuzner.com

Total tracks written: 964

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-01 19:49:58

My stuff probably isn't radio friendly but who knows
Feel free to use my stuffs :D

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-09 21:40:33

Thanks all. This is a University Radio, so no profit will be made. Suckahs. I'm actually just wanting to give the talented fuckers of newgrounds some exposure. It's small for now...but hopefully we can be a lot bigger and eventually make money. If not, its still fun as fuck.

Thanks for the permission.

I'll try to tell the artists in advance if I'm going to play their stuff. In fact, I may try to keep a list going here, just so people can see it.

Fucking awesome for the variety of shit as well. I wish we could play more songs per hour. But we talk a fuck of a lot ...haha.

But anyways, thanks again!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-10 01:08:05

I'd be happy to participate, some of my music is on the verge of anti-radio friendly, but I can certainly suggest to you ones that would be enjoyed if you'd like.

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-10 21:19:58

At 9/10/10 01:08 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I'd be happy to participate, some of my music is on the verge of anti-radio friendly, but I can certainly suggest to you ones that would be enjoyed if you'd like.

Fuckin eh, bro. I'll have to cut some a bit short, tho. Well 1 in particular. :) But yeah man, thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-10 22:21:06

At 9/10/10 09:19 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
At 9/10/10 01:08 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I'd be happy to participate, some of my music is on the verge of anti-radio friendly, but I can certainly suggest to you ones that would be enjoyed if you'd like.
Fuckin eh, bro. I'll have to cut some a bit short, tho. Well 1 in particular. :) But yeah man, thanks!

Awww butt dat meens no 30 minute long trance songs that only use two different chords and only a kick track to accompany it!?

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-11 02:11:28

At 9/10/10 10:21 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
Awww butt dat meens no 30 minute long trance songs that only use two different chords and only a kick track to accompany it!?

But I can recommend to other programmers. :) They are always looking for new shit

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-14 11:33:31

We finished our interview with John Fallon, who was ridiculously cool and will be airing it on our 3rd episode, I think.

Also, we are in talks to interview William Castle from beyond the grave, live on facebook for our halloween episode. That should be fun.

Either way, a bit of a bump for this thread as well, cause I don't want any musicians to miss out. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-14 12:30:10

You have permission to use any of my music.

Response to Get Your Music On The Radio 2010-09-14 12:31:12