00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~Kashi's Art Thread~

88,609 Views | 480 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-05-29 00:04:30

At 5/28/11 11:52 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/28/11 11:51 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
Hey guys... that's a dog, right? I sure as fuck hope it is. My bro said it didn't look like one... :/
It appears to be what we in the business call a 'wolf'.

*sighs* That's good enough.

Btw, I liked it better when your sig said "putting the 'ai' back in 'bloodstain'

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-05-29 00:28:24

Also flats.

wanted to make more progress before I went to sleep. Night guys.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-05-29 13:17:15

At 5/28/11 05:20 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: A request by fanartist AKA 10-Ten AKA Fifty's little sister :D :D :D
Art Portal

Pretty good! But the flag bothers me a lot, it looks like if you just took the picture and crappily pasted it over the frame. Maybe you could add some kind of glare like if there was a glass over to protect it, or i don't know, but right now it just looks too simple to me :/

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-05-30 21:12:42

At 5/28/11 05:20 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: A request by fanartist AKA 10-Ten AKA Fifty's little sister :D :D :D
Art Portal

Looking good Kaka. You've improved quite a lot!

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-05-30 22:09:36

It's nose is centered like it would be a person, instead of a dog or whatever it is.
Got rid of the lip thing to, cause it looked weird to me.
It was bugging me so I moved it over a bit to show what i mean.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-10 19:08:44

At 5/29/11 01:17 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Pretty good! But the flag bothers me a lot, it looks like if you just took the picture and crappily pasted it over the frame.

Actually, I took the picture and crappily pasted it under the frame :P. Good point though; I should've added glare. Thought it looked weird like that. Oh well, cba to change it now. Thanks :)

At 5/30/11 09:12 PM, Sockembop wrote: Looking good Kaka. You've improved quite a lot!

Thanks, Sock :D

At 5/30/11 10:09 PM, M-Vero wrote: It was bugging me so I moved it over a bit to show what i mean.

Thanks Dave. I actually had noticed that about halfway through my coloring. It was quite the inconvenience moving all of the colors over, but it looks much better. I actually opted with the "instead of moving the jaw over, lets move the eyes over" choice, though. Now its been nearly 2 weeks since I finished the damn thing, and haven't been at my dad's house long enough to upload it. *sighs*

----

I scanned my sketchbook today; Lulu suggested I post some of it. I do't really want to, seeing as a lot of them are anatomically weird and/or sketchy and/or fuckups. But I decided I'll upload some. Two, to be exact.
Yes they are extremely anime, more than my usual, errrrmmmm, super anime style. Bad, I know. They are also wearing hoodies and baggy pants. Lets check off "unoriginal" while I'm at it. I drew like 3 more that were like this, and I started to notice the pattern. Oh, and they're also gijinkas. Anyone want to kill me yet?

This may or may not be in preparation for revival. Scared, Ash?

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-10 21:05:51

I like the guy on the right, he has more of an expression then the guy on the right.

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-21 03:42:35

BAM.
I worked more on Zangoose.

Plus I wanna thank Nae and Wade for getting my name, erm, shortened :3
<3

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-21 03:45:40

D'AWWWWW you made it Adorable!!!! never thought a personification of a pokemon would end up a little boy though, most people do the half-naked chicks with big boobs instead....

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-21 04:02:05

At 6/21/11 03:45 AM, silversunned wrote: D'AWWWWW you made it Adorable!!!! never thought a personification of a pokemon would end up a little boy though, most people do the half-naked chicks with big boobs instead....

Yeah I'm not quite into that :P

Erm, I'm not into little boys either, don't get the wrong idea D: /shad

Anyways, Game Jam 5 art; for our original Goldilocks idea.
I hate Flash sooooo much >:(

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-21 04:03:07

I hate Flash sooooo much >:(

tis ok.... because it hates you more! >:)

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-21 08:54:35

Human pokemon?! Or more like pokeman/boy or something, but this is different from the furry sex symbols I've seen lol! I also think this is a much better choice neat idea!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-21 12:06:49

Good work Kashi, digging the the dog. I think the last character's forearms might be too long. Clean work, I can tell you're going to provide some slick and streamlined stuff in the coming years. Keep it up.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-22 00:10:29

At 6/21/11 08:54 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Human pokemon?! Or more like pokeman/boy or something, but this is different from the furry sex symbols I've seen lol! I also think this is a much better choice neat idea!

Yeah, it's a gijinka. Basically, the human form of anything (in this case, a pokemon!) I can't say much about the sex symbols and such, other than they ruined my childhood ^_^'
Thanks!

At 6/21/11 12:06 PM, Hyptosis wrote: Good work Kashi, digging the the dog. I think the last character's forearms might be too long. Clean work, I can tell you're going to provide some slick and streamlined stuff in the coming years. Keep it up.

Yeah, I hope I fixed those :X A lot of people in Stickam were saying that, and I had (kinda) used my own arms for reference. Maybe I have abnormally long arms? :P But then again, I was looking at this lineart for way too long; I couldn't tell the difference.
And yay, I have potential! xP Thanks!!!!!

---

I have no idea what to put for the background.

And while I'm at it, comments? D:

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-22 14:31:36

Nice job Kashi. It's kinda weird though that the actual pokemon looks rather mischievous and the human version looks really innocent and.... "weak".

As for the background, he looks like he got lost in a mall and looks for his mommy.... so: A shopping mall. :P

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-22 16:30:31

At 6/22/11 12:10 AM, Kashi wrote: And while I'm at it, comments? D:

Interesting.
I like the face and hair, but I think the hands themselves could use a little work.

Then again, that has probably already been mentioned in stickam, well thats what I get for being out of the loop. :'(

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-22 16:57:45

Kool, I like the shading and everything! but yea you know about the hands don't want to sound like a douche saying it yet again since it's been brought out already but keep it up, your just getting better and better

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-22 23:02:51

What do you do to get so much feedback?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-22 23:10:21

At 6/22/11 11:02 PM, MasterMerol wrote: What do you do to get so much feedback?

inappropriate things.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-23 21:42:57

At 6/22/11 11:10 PM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 6/22/11 11:02 PM, MasterMerol wrote: What do you do to get so much feedback?
inappropriate things.

^^^^^ :P

==
Thanks everybody :3
About dem hands... yeah, I just... idk... xP
also cba to fix em, sorry D:
butttttt (lol, butt) Art Portal

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-24 00:02:56

Great stuff here! My favorite piece is the Minecraft creeper, looked nice and it was pretty funny.

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-25 10:39:12

At 6/24/11 12:02 AM, MegaMelmo wrote: Great stuff here! My favorite piece is the Minecraft creeper, looked nice and it was pretty funny.

Yeah, it seems to be pretty popular on dA too :/

----

Well, this has been sitting on my drive for nigh on a month now, and I've just been too lazy to submit it.
I overdid it with the textures, and it looks like I tried too hard :/
Ah, fuck it.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-28 00:38:40

What is this I don't even :O

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-28 00:43:03

At 6/28/11 12:38 AM, Kashi wrote: What is this I don't even :O

o.O.... the kind kind of look brain dead or stoned o something....

*Stoned Baby* "Mmm..... ball.... delicious..."

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-28 01:05:16

At 6/25/11 10:39 AM, Kashi wrote: Well, this has been sitting on my drive for nigh on a month now, and I've just been too lazy to submit it.

The facial positioning is worse than before

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-28 01:30:06

At 6/28/11 12:43 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 6/28/11 12:38 AM, Kashi wrote: What is this I don't even :O
o.O.... the kind kind of look brain dead or stoned o something....
*Stoned Baby* "Mmm..... ball.... delicious..."

lol!

At 6/28/11 01:05 AM, M-Vero wrote:
At 6/25/11 10:39 AM, Kashi wrote: Well, this has been sitting on my drive for nigh on a month now, and I've just been too lazy to submit it.
The facial positioning is worse than before

blegh :/

---

I... I don't know.
Completely rushed and terrible looking body GO

fucking with gradients too.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-28 05:06:25

you've really improved recently kashi, good for you!
on the last pic you posted its a bit weird that the outline gets lighter towards the top while the fill gets darker... Typically i'd suggest having both get darker/lighter, but you can actually play with increased/decreased contrast between line and fill to highlight the important parts of the drawing. You would want to have decreased contrast at the bottom and increased contrast near the head then though.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-28 18:09:59

At 6/28/11 05:06 AM, J-qb wrote: you've really improved recently kashi, good for you!
on the last pic you posted its a bit weird that the outline gets lighter towards the top while the fill gets darker... Typically i'd suggest having both get darker/lighter, but you can actually play with increased/decreased contrast between line and fill to highlight the important parts of the drawing. You would want to have decreased contrast at the bottom and increased contrast near the head then though.

Thanks! I had tried to copy something I've seen somewhere (from memory) and... well, it turns out I was doing it wrong anyways. xP

---

Some... idk... what would this be called? Realistically proportioned anime? Normal anime? Idk, but I kind of like it :)
Of course, some parts are still kind of wonky... where's the cut and paste function in real life? ;A;

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-28 18:25:01

Mhm I see I see, liking this piece so far, you are getting better and better.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ 2011-06-29 21:00:35

At 6/28/11 06:25 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Mhm I see I see, liking this piece so far, you are getting better and better.

I sure hope so :)

----

BAM!488">
Got some AVAT lineart done :D
Higher Quality
Critique on perspective or anything?

The fingers on the cannon really piss me off btw

~Kashi's Art Thread~