00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!!

3,508 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-06 22:05:33

Hey guys i've been irritated by the new sonic remakes coming out. Sonic the Hedgehog used to be a very good classic series. Then Sonic Riders, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Black Knight, and even more horrible remakes came along. Please to all the fanboys purchasing these embarassing sequels let Sonic die with some dignity!!! Also there is a new Sonic remake coming out called Sonic Colors. It deals with colors and aliens or some shit like that. Anyway guys I'm hoping Sonic will die with some dignity. He has had a great time and influence in the video game world I just hate seeing an old favorite die like this. If anyone agrees or disagrees please leave a comment. Thanks for yor time guys :D!!!

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-06 23:01:19

Um... what? Remakes? None of those are remakes.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-07 01:57:12

They aren't remakes of anything, they are just shitty games that they call "Sonic games".

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-07 01:58:35

We could let him die in peace...

Or we could give him another opportunity to thrive.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-07 18:51:51

rdbdyttyb

Also, look up ''remake'' in the dictionary

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-07 21:55:05

At 8/6/10 10:05 PM, PwnMaster1337 wrote: Also there is a new Sonic remake coming out called Sonic Colors. It deals with colors and aliens or some shit like that.

Sonic Colors isn't a remake nor does it deal with "colors and aliens or some shit like that". I heard something about it taking place on a space station that Eggman created but I could be wrong.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-08 08:21:57

Maybe everyone is just disappointed with Sonic himself. I mean, can't we have a game where the main character isn't Sonic? I want to play as Tails in a battle mech!

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-08 12:02:28

At 8/8/10 08:21 AM, majormario wrote: Maybe everyone is just disappointed with Sonic himself. I mean, can't we have a game where the main character isn't Sonic? I want to play as Tails in a battle mech!

Sonic Adventure 2.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-08 12:40:59

At 8/8/10 12:02 PM, akmeteor wrote:
At 8/8/10 08:21 AM, majormario wrote: Maybe everyone is just disappointed with Sonic himself. I mean, can't we have a game where the main character isn't Sonic? I want to play as Tails in a battle mech!
Sonic Adventure 2.

Tails is still not the main character, but Sonic Adventure 2 is the last Sonic game to ever have chao do something useful without being named Cheese.

Minecraft: grimmdestroyer

PSN: KindofBlue

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-08 14:06:24

What about...

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-16 23:32:14

At 8/8/10 02:09 PM, rorypearce94 wrote: I want to play the game where you kill sonic, ending the series forever.

Dang bro.. that's messed up... he's not beyound repair... He just needs a.. reformation.. u know? A Clean start 4 the the Blue Blur...

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-17 02:21:34

Side Note: Am I the only person who would like to see Knuckles become a playable character in the original Sonic The Hedgehog game?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-17 16:25:56

i agree it was a good game but the remakes are killing it its the same with mario

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-17 21:46:22

At 8/17/10 02:21 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Side Note: Am I the only person who would like to see Knuckles become a playable character in the original Sonic The Hedgehog game?

Your wish has been granted. Farewell.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-17 22:09:45

The reason they keep making these shit worth games is cause the maker is trying to kill of sonic. Look it up.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-17 23:22:40

yeah i think sonic 4 will bring back memories and maybe a real sonic game

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-17 23:35:30

Steps on Sonic Recovery

Step 1. Throw all b.s that they have in the trash.. which would be the whole series.. Start Completly over..
In other words Sega Makes Sonic disappeaer for a bit.. (Maybe 4-5 years)

Step 2. Start the series with Jus mother-freakin' sonic and Eggman.. (up to 4-5 other fill in characters..)

Step 3. Keep the Game in reality.. People want to try to relate to things.. there aren't any hola-hoop curves in real life.. as far as I know.. But he can run through famous landmarks..

Step 4. Sonic Can NOT BE THE ONLY FAST MOFO IN THE SERIES.. There must be more like him...

Step 5. Don't make the characters Sonic spends most of his time with a bunch of freakin' fairies.. Sonic is The Famous Blue Blur.. He should hang around a posse that will better him..

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-22 02:12:21

None of the games are remakes, they're just terrible additions to the series. Especially that dreaded Sonic '06, Sonic The Hedgehog, whatever you wanna call it. Piece of garbage.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-22 11:27:29

At 8/22/10 10:25 AM, Liquify wrote: Robotnik (WTF IS EGGMAN DAMNIT)

He's always been Eggman. Well, in Japan at least. The name "Robotnik" was Sega of America's attempt of Americanizing it. Pretty ironic given that most people hate those kind of things, now people can't stop complaining about Sega actually following suit to the Japanese version.

Also, Eggman Eggman Eggman Eggman Eggman Eggman Eggman umad

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-22 11:52:16

I just bought the first two Sonic originals on XBLA. Quite a lot of nostalgia value in those games.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-22 14:20:03

At 8/17/10 11:35 PM, Sajaidh4life wrote: Step 2. Start the series with Jus mother-freakin' sonic and Eggman.. (up to 4-5 other fill in characters..)

Based on some Sonic Character poll, people voted to see which characters were the most popular. Just keep it constrained to the top 5 characters. (And Eggman)
1. Sonic. (Not big surprise)
2. Shadow.
3. Tails.
4. Knuckles.
5. Amy. (Every hero/anti-hero needs a girlfriend/admirer.)

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-22 15:40:23

At 8/8/10 02:06 PM, Imaku wrote:
What about...

no god no!! that game killed my brain(and my money)

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-23 01:48:50

Here's what I want. Remake Sonic 3 and Knuckles. You can play the storyline of Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles- all of who's are different. This would bring Tails back to his old roots of flying to special places, Knuckles to his days of breaking rocks and knocking down walls in the levels and in general being a complete badass.

Getting Chaos Emeralds would be back to the good formula of getting to the special stages and getting your own emeralds. Super Sonic is playable in every level once you get them. Tails and Knuckles need all 14 emeralds to transform.

Imagine some of the old school levels in 3D. The Carnival, Hidden Palace, that amazing level where you fight Metal Sonic. It'd be great.

And best of all...no Shadow.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-08-23 02:26:17

At 8/22/10 10:25 AM, Liquify wrote:
At 8/17/10 11:35 PM, Sajaidh4life wrote: Steps on Sonic Recovery

Step 1. Throw all b.s that they have in the trash.. which would be the whole series.. Start Completly over..
In other words Sega Makes Sonic disappeaer for a bit.. (Maybe 4-5 years)
Sadly, this won't work.

Step 2. Start the series with Jus mother-freakin' sonic and Eggman.. (up to 4-5 other fill in characters..)
No, just Sonic (maybe Tails) and Robotnik (WTF IS EGGMAN DAMNIT)

Step 3. Keep the Game in reality.. People want to try to relate to things.. there aren't any hola-hoop curves in real life.. as far as I know.. But he can run through famous landmarks..
Keep it to the world the first 3 as well as the original comic book created.

Step 4. Sonic Can NOT BE THE ONLY FAST MOFO IN THE SERIES.. There must be more like him...
Oh so great more silver, shadow, and other BS characters nobody gives a rats ass about. (Wait to be attacked by Shadow loving emos...)

Step 5. Don't make the characters Sonic spends most of his time with a bunch of freakin' fairies.. Sonic is The Famous Blue Blur.. He should hang around a posse that will better him..
He doesn't need a possy, he has his friends which are the critters he hangs with in the comics...

For reference I only know about the comics due to my purchasing of the Sonic Mega Collection awhile back.

Step 1. response: why i'm curious?

Step 2. response: I believe characters should come slowly.. build sonic up first as a character maybe include a few changes.. and also wat "KeroKeroMario" said (lol, who woulda thought?)

Step 3. response: maybe.. but were in a new age.. a new generation of audiences, people wanna kinda relate to characters so it can't be too cartoony.

Step 4. response: Hell no... no.. no.. no.. Silver.. trash, Blaze.. trash, Cream.. trash.. however the reason they are trash is because I see no real reason for them to exist.. Shadow... I'm ify cuz he has a solid reason to exist..

Step 5. In my opinion.. he should be looked up by those characters.. like he a celebrity somewat uknow?
But he should hang around them... just wave as he leaves them in the dust...

P.S Jus so U know this is if I owned "Sonic"

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-09-15 01:52:35

(Hmph) ... apparently I killed the mood of this whole Sonic Rant... I apologize for my interference..

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog remakes!!! 2010-09-15 16:44:27

At 8/6/10 11:01 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote: Um... what? Remakes? None of those are remakes.

Stop using that fucking picure.

:O