00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tmansimms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Symbols are nothin but trouble

563 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-01 22:01:45

Im trying to import swfs into flash so I can export them all as one big movie but, the thing is when I import and then export, it is all just one still picture, my guess is the symbols wont play in the imported file..Anyone now what to do?

Response to Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-01 22:38:58

Import them as fla files. Open up the files you intend on messing around with, and export them as fla files. On your new Flash or whatever, import these fla files. Swf files lose some data to save space, but fla files keep the info as is until you delete it.

BBS Signature

Response to Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-02 08:54:44

Also maybe try changing the symbols into graphics instead of movie clips if thats what you have. Movie clips are more for programmers, graphics are more for animation. That and graphics actually play through the timeline.

Response to Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-02 15:41:08

At 8/2/10 08:54 AM, Kieran-s wrote: Also maybe try changing the symbols into graphics instead of movie clips if thats what you have. Movie clips are more for programmers, graphics are more for animation. That and graphics actually play through the timeline.

Ya the reason I used the movie clips were mainly because I am using the blur effect, which i dont think can be used with graphics

Response to Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-03 05:10:25

At 8/2/10 03:41 PM, Lanfrader wrote: Ya the reason I used the movie clips were mainly because I am using the blur effect, which i dont think can be used with graphics

Which I soooo wish it could.
life would be sooo much easier if they did.
exporting to movie files, such as .avi, movie clips don't render beyond the first frame...
so if you make something for ng, then want to put it on youtube as well, and you have something that's blurred, you can go and get fucked, pretty much. >:(
stupid adobe.

Response to Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-03 13:54:27

exporting to movie files, such as .avi, movie clips don't render beyond the first frame...
so if you make something for ng, then want to put it on youtube as well, and you have something that's blurred, you can go and get fucked, pretty much. >:(
stupid adobe.

Having a hobby shouldn't be so damn aggravating lol

Response to Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-05 22:23:33

stupid adobe.

you can import the swf to another program and convert it to something that works on youtube. But I hear that exporting in avi or mov files works on CS5 now.

Response to Symbols are nothin but trouble 2010-08-06 03:38:14

you kids and your filters...
You can get a "blur" effect the way us old timers used to do it with out the need of filters or special programs.
Simply copy the art, or in this case the symbol of animations you want, past it over top its self. Slightly move it off the center a bit and set the alpha low, repeat this process in different directions until you get the amount of blur you like.

It sounds complicated bit its really simple and doesn't take all that long.

Drawing without thinking is just doodling, the brain and pen is connected.

PSN: SeoulSnake

BBS Signature