The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-07-04 11:05:43
Hello guitarists and people who came to gawk at guitarists!
I've looked through old forum posts of mine, and discovered that I promised the portal an epic guitar battle royal. Like, months ago. It might take me time, but I always keep my promises :)
What are you talking about?
We all like guitar battles. They're awesome. So let's make an organised business out of it! The contest is going to be built like this - every 2 guitarists will get a backing track considering their playing styles and requests. I will make the backing tracks myself, but if someone's feeling generous to make a backing track himself, it will be greatly appreciated (and will save me lots of work, lol). The winner of each battle will be decided by me and another judge or two (which I'll recruit).
This phase will continue a while... No final date decided yet. The winners of the first phase will go up against each other, again in pairs of 2. We'll continue doing this we'll have 2 final challengers. The final battle's winner is decided by EVERYONE - it will be a vote.
Besides the awesomeness, what do we get?
The winner gets the following -
- ALL the backing tracks that will be used.
- I'll try to promote you as much as possible.
- Respect from the NG guitarist community, hopefully :P
Anythings else we should know about?
- You may use any guitar you'd like - if you think you can win by pulling a bass solo, go ahead :)
- While effects, special techniques, recording techniques, equipment, crowd, and lots of channels are allowed, you are to .
- No bitching - have fun! While this is a contest, it's for enjoyment.
So signup! Please tell what style you'll prefer when you signup, and ask any questions you'd like. For example - I'm thecoreman, and I'm okay with blues, rock, funk, jazz, metal, classical and spanish.
Let the battles begin!