00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need Admin And Moderators Attention

2,233 Views | 22 Replies

I am a newbie who is enjoying himself on the forum, i brang alot of my friends to newground, but today when i posted my first video a spam user named alphabetetical spammed and flamed my whole video, i would like something to be done about this and this is the email he sent me

"The world isn't nice and if you go around tattle tailing then nobody's going to respect you. Hell I already don't simply because you're acting like a baby. Who exactly do you know that can ban me? You sound like a wannabe saying, "I know people who can ban you."
Yea they're called mods obviously."
"1. I don't have flash
2. If I did, I wouldn't spend 10 minutes making a piece of shit
3. stop being a little whiny bitch."

If any admin/Moderator does not believe me, i would be happy to show pics of the message,

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:18:44

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:20:39

Why don't you just spam him back? Or let it go?

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:28:03

you're able to moderate your own inbox and userpage. No need to contact any of us!

simply click the "block" button and you're good to go (in your userpage click the "ban user" button).

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:32:17

I'm sorry did I miss anything?

Lolthread

Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:38:24

At 6/26/10 12:32 AM, Alphabetetical wrote: I'm sorry did I miss anything?

Man of the hour here.

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:44:01

And the plot thickens!

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:44:14

Oh lordy, just not on the forums...

Only a Ninja can kill a Ninja-

~Sho Kusagi

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:45:46

At 6/26/10 12:38 AM, Porkchop wrote:
Man of the hour here.

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week folks.

Lolthread

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:46:19

Is there any particular reason why this thread was unlocked, other than Alphabetical sucking off Malachy to unlock it for his 5 minutes of fame?

Didn't think so.

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:48:30

At 6/26/10 12:46 AM, OwnageGiy223 wrote: Is there any particular reason why this thread was unlocked, other than Alphabetical sucking off Malachy to unlock it for his 5 minutes of fame?

Didn't think so.

Actually, I was surprised to see it unlocked as well. I just had to jump in here.

Lolthread

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:51:11

At 6/26/10 12:17 AM, game155 wrote:
I am a newbie who is enjoying himself on the forum, i brang alot of my friends to newground, but today when i posted my first video a spam user named alphabetetical spammed and flamed my whole video, i would like something to be done about this and this is the email he sent me

"The world isn't nice and if you go around tattle tailing then nobody's going to respect you. Hell I already don't simply because you're acting like a baby. Who exactly do you know that can ban me? You sound like a wannabe saying, "I know people who can ban you."
Yea they're called mods obviously."
"1. I don't have flash
2. If I did, I wouldn't spend 10 minutes making a piece of shit
3. stop being a little whiny bitch."

If any admin/Moderator does not believe me, i would be happy to show pics of the message,

I unlocked this since the first two mods didn't seem to read your concern or respond to addressing the issue raised. (THANKS GUYS <3.)

To address your primary concern, the user Alphabetical posted a flash review that you felt was harsh towards your flash in of itself.

After viewing both the flash, and his review, it seems that his complaint is stemming from you submitting your flash a second time after the first one had an error. As a simple reminder to prevent this in the future, your user account contains the tools to remove submissions that have not achieved a substantial number of views. Either of your flashes qualify, meaning you can modify (edit by submitting the new movie in it's place) or delete the older flash without issue.

Please go to the section under the log in called My Account.

Then proceed to Flash Submissions.

Under each title, you'll find an option to either edit by changing the file you used into one that isn't buggy, or removing the flash completely by clicking the remove button.

Use the remove button with caution as there is no going back once the flash is off the site!

To move to your second point which is the harshness of Alphabetical's discussion on your flash, his low score and general sourpussiness is likely from not understanding that you did not know these tools were available for you.

As such, he felt you posted your movie twice because the first time it received a low score.

To be fair, your work is merely a trailer and unfinished, which typically does terribly, if it survives at all during the voting process.

I would recommend you use Dumping Grounds (again under your My Account) to allow yourself to host your less than finished works, and you can show it to friends and others you know for feedback, before completing the project and then putting it all up on the site for everyone to see and vote on!

It's a little silly to expect anything but low scores on a preview of something that is unfinished, because logically, that's like expecting someone to write a book review after only seeing the opening chapter of the book, or a movie based on a movie trailer. You don't know what's going on, nor is there context overall for what people want to get from your flash.

For example, you mention your characters are funny, but there's no jokes really shown on the flash that I can tell, so we can grade it based on humor that may or may not be there in the final product.

Hopefully, you can continue to hone your skills, and work hard on finishing your flash, and when you're fully set, put that up on the site.

No one really is at fault here, save for the fact that obviously your abilities as a user weren't clearly explained as to what you can do to your account once you're a flash artist. OUR BAD.

So hopefully, this is a better run down as to what you should do if you run into this situation again, and hopefully, you'll be going in the right direction.

On an aside, I notice your flash is 2.2 mb, I don't believe you may know how to optimize it.

Click here for a quick rundown.

That should do it. As always, if there are users that have questions, the moderators and admins will always be glad to help you out, just make sure your question and situation is clear so we know what to help you with!!

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 00:52:13

At 6/26/10 12:46 AM, OwnageGiy223 wrote: Is there any particular reason why this thread was unlocked, other than Alphabetical sucking off Malachy to unlock it for his 5 minutes of fame?

Didn't think so.

Because unlike the rest of you, I was busy hammering out an actual response that didn't involve banging my dick on the keyboard.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:04:35

At 6/26/10 12:52 AM, Jonas wrote:

Didn't think so.
Because unlike the rest of you, I was busy hammering out an actual response that didn't involve banging my dick on the keyboard.

Well you could have made the response in Notepad before unlocking this so is dick-typers could respond, and this isn't locked yet! What kind of mod are you?!?!one/

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:21:52

At 6/26/10 01:04 AM, OwnageGiy223 wrote:
At 6/26/10 12:52 AM, Jonas wrote:

Didn't think so.
Well you could have made the response in Notepad before unlocking this so is dick-typers could respond, and this isn't locked yet! What kind of mod are you?!?!one/

Because the topic is one that the user asked a valid query in, and I've responded in kind, and polite discourse can still place within.

Besides a few folks trying to be shitape about the kid's question and complaint, no one bothered to notice he asked and received a response, along with me responding to your queries about the topic forcing me to leave it open.

Maybe when the BBS stops acting like a one man game of Grab-Ass, people will take a little more time to help out new users, because literally his only crime was he was upset that some one didn't like his flash, and he made a mistake submitting a fixed version.

Even though the user took the time to correct an error in his flash, despite it not being the best of the best, he still wanted Newgrounds to view it without errors. So without sugar coating it, he at least is trying actively to improve what he is working, and I (and all of you) should be a little more accepting of the fact that right away, he attempted to correct an error on his first flash.

My first flash is actually worse than his first flash, and I made it when I was far older, that's both sad for me, and good on the fact that he's at least putting shit on the portal. It may in fact literally be shitting, but at least he's submitting something to the site, versus say users jumping around whooping about how dumb he is to come on to the site and whine about not understanding something.

Christ guys, way to be be assholes.

Next time there's someone that needs a bit of help, act a bit less like dicks and a bit more like Newgrounds Users, a site built on community feedback and cooperation that only is as strong as we build each other up to be.

If you wanna help him, but still be all 'derrrr nub' on him, discuss where he can improve his flash by voting low, but giving him insight on how can improve it, because even if the review is low, but the info inside of it is helpful, then hopefully in long run, artists learn from practice, and from seeing what people like and don't like about their work, but if all you do is try and trample someone starting out fresh, you're just essentially trying trip someone who hasn't learned how to walk yet.

So buck up gang, help your fellow users learn how to go around and become better parts of the site, and put a bit more energy on trolling and flaming the ones who deserve it,

Us moderators.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:26:00

Welcome to the real world, asshole. He was right too...
I have feeling that this alphabetical will become a well contributing user here.

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:28:49

At 6/26/10 01:26 AM, theshadowwolf wrote: Welcome to the real world, asshole. He was right too...
I have feeling that this alphabetical will become a well contributing user here.

And this is why we have the read the whole thread before responding rule.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:32:00

At 6/26/10 01:26 AM, theshadowwolf wrote: Welcome to the real world, asshole. He was right too...

awww shoot. little ol' me?

Lolthread

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:37:03

Well looks like Jonas is one of the few grown up people around here that isn't another NG geek that bashes on everybody...

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:38:42

At 6/26/10 01:32 AM, Alphabetetical wrote: awww shoot. little ol' me?

im sure your proud of yourself n' all but dont over-do it or else it becomes just as annoying

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:46:30

At 6/26/10 01:38 AM, HipHop915 wrote:
At 6/26/10 01:32 AM, Alphabetetical wrote: awww shoot. little ol' me?
im sure your proud of yourself n' all but dont over-do it or else it becomes just as annoying

I was so confident until then.

Lolthread

BBS Signature

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:51:30

At 6/26/10 01:46 AM, Alphabetetical wrote: I was so confident until then.

jesus still loves you

Response to Need Admin And Moderators Attention 2010-06-26 01:58:20

At 6/26/10 01:51 AM, HipHop915 wrote:
At 6/26/10 01:46 AM, Alphabetetical wrote: I was so confident until then.
jesus still loves you

No I don't.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature