00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

People who glitch leaderboards...

2,342 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 20:11:06

God what cunts.
I hate it when you think you've done really well on something, then you check the leaderboards to see where you stack, and you find that there's hundreds if not thousands of people with scores unattainable through legitimate means, so your rank is bumped down alot lower than what it should be.

Anyone care to share their views on this?

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 20:19:26

Bad Company 2? Or Modern Warfare 2?

Well.

Shit.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 20:22:02

At 6/17/10 08:19 PM, akmeteor wrote: Bad Company 2? Or Modern Warfare 2?

Any game with a leaderboard function.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 20:26:29

Maybe you just suck.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 20:42:12

At 6/17/10 08:26 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Maybe you just suck.

It's probably this.

But yeah, when it's so fucking easy to glitch that thousands of people have glitched scores, it needs to be patched and reset. If say only 1 guy has glitched an impossible score, I would say he deserves the top spot.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 20:44:35

Especially flash game leader boards, those are the most annoying.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 20:46:12

At 6/17/10 08:42 PM, SomaGuye wrote: If say only 1 guy has glitched an impossible score, I would say he deserves the top spot.

HAH, FUCK YOU GAME DEVELOPERS. I AM YOUR KING.
I agree there. But leaderboard glitchers are still cunts.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 21:06:42

It depends, if someone discovers a way to exploit the game then I'm cool with it. I feel like things within the game that are breakable are fair play. If someone is able to hack the game then I feel like that's bullshit.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 23:06:54

I completely 100% agree with your opinion. Glitching/modding/cheating completely takes away the challenge and point of playing games and getting scores

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 23:32:23

Right.

If you find a way to hack, and play in a private match, offline, or etc. Cool, I'll join you.

But, really. Stay away from the online. Why do you assholes ruin the challenge and fun for everyone else either on the leaderboard or the actual game room. Fuck off and let us play the game.

Just when you think it's safe to eat at a friends house...

Fun Fact: Rummy0 made this sig below to insult me!

And I took it as my own. :3

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 23:35:31

It used to happen on Rock Band, NOT ANYMORE HAHAHHAAHAHA.
THEY GOT THEIR SCORES CLEARED TOO.

true game devs.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 23:36:01

This is with very true with guitar hero games. For any of you claim to have 100% in TTFAF on Expert, you are bullshitting everyone.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-17 23:44:58

At 6/17/10 11:36 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: This is with very true with guitar hero games. For any of you claim to have 100% in TTFAF on Expert, you are bullshitting everyone.

Yeah, show me video proof if you really say that you've mastered TTFAF-Expert

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 00:04:35

I completely agree with you, Oliver. There are folks on the Xbox 360 MW2 leaderboards with some insane number, like, 23 trillion and a bunch of other numbers. Then they have -2 deaths. It's really quite annoying, and it goes on for about 50,000 players or so.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 00:06:54

At 6/17/10 09:06 PM, Jercurpac wrote: It depends, if someone discovers a way to exploit the game then I'm cool with it. I feel like things within the game that are breakable are fair play. If someone is able to hack the game then I feel like that's bullshit.

This is why you probably don't have too many online friends.

Exploiting/glitching is just as bad as hacking.

If I can go behind a wall and snipe you, but you can't even get your shots through to me, let alone see me, then that's completely unfair.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 00:16:35

At 6/17/10 11:44 PM, darkcronix wrote:
At 6/17/10 11:36 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: This is with very true with guitar hero games. For any of you claim to have 100% in TTFAF on Expert, you are bullshitting everyone.

He wasn't saying he did. He's saying that almost everyone who has it FC'd is glitching it.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 03:25:04

I don't actually see what it accomplishes besides showing the world that you are a complete asshole who can't get to the top by playing properly.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 05:45:14

At 6/18/10 12:06 AM, squidly wrote:
At 6/17/10 09:06 PM, Jercurpac wrote: It depends, if someone discovers a way to exploit the game then I'm cool with it. I feel like things within the game that are breakable are fair play. If someone is able to hack the game then I feel like that's bullshit.

If I can go behind a wall and snipe you, but you can't even get your shots through to me, let alone see me, then that's completely unfair.

No it isn't. Glitches are a part of a game and available to all players. It may be unsportsman like, but you can do the same thing as him.

At 6/18/10 12:16 AM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 6/17/10 11:44 PM, darkcronix wrote:
He wasn't saying he did. He's saying that almost everyone who has it FC'd is glitching it.

You can't glitch FC's, only scores. Which doesn't matter anyway because the leaderboards don't show FCs. Besides, there are people who have FCed it anyway.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 06:37:22

Halo 2 fell down because Bungie reset the ranks.

That was the worst decision next to Reach they ever made.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 06:50:51

My mate has a KD ratio of 106 or some shit on MW2 and about a million kills. It's total bullshit.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 11:03:37

At 6/18/10 06:50 AM, Obvious-M wrote: My mate has a KD ratio of 106 or some shit on MW2 and about a million kills. It's total bullshit.

Remind me to put on a Facebook profile picture where I don't look like a total douche.

Although I do think its cute.

I want one doing MMA god dammit.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 12:47:12

Doesn't really bother me because I'm pretty shitty at competitive games anyway.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 13:19:11

At 6/18/10 11:03 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Remind me to put on a Facebook profile picture where I don't look like a total douche.

What does that have to do with anything?

In this thread at least.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 14:07:00

I used to be in the top 3000 in the world for Kills and Score in Modern Warfare 2 until those hackers came along.

Very annoying because now I'm in the 197,000 range >:(

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 15:47:47

Mario Kart Wii?

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 15:57:42

I don't generally have aproblem with it because I never expect to, or ever actually, get anywhere high on leaderboards.

But I think my sister does, she plays the Wii and has quite a talent for Mario Kart. She once managed to do a very good score and went on the leaderboards to find that if it wasn't for about 6 hackers, she would be in first place Worldwide.

she was annoyed.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 17:16:52

At 6/18/10 12:06 AM, squidly wrote:

I don't glitch I just don't care if someone else does. I'm actually a pretty honorable player, but I really don't give a shit about a number next to my name being less than it should. I was actually more referring to glitching something like the time trials in Mirror's Edge where somebody could potentially find a way to take a shortcut that the developer's intended to be blocked off. In multiplayer games it's more of an annoyance and can actually ruin a game if it's a particularly nasty glitch, but it's still not like I'm going to pull my hair out over it.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 18:51:17

I usually don't care about leaderboards, but it can be irritating. I remember back when Survival mode just came out on Left 4 Dead, you would think you did really good, then all the top scores are 200,000 hours or something.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 19:16:04

Someone should fix the leaderboards for Megaman 9 & 10.

Response to People who glitch leaderboards... 2010-06-18 20:01:27

some guy is kicking the glitching cunts' asses in Bad Company 2. He's already I think # 15 and he's doing it the fair way

kudos to that guy!

ERR!R CAN NOT CONNECT!