00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Aigis? More like Artgis.

112,826 Views | 652 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 08:35:40

I've been using this forum for a while and I have never made a thread because I thought it was self-serving and pointless. But then it hit me. I am a vain cunt with a shitload of time on his hands.

So here I am. Gonna use this thread to post some drawings. So imagine that my art's my dick and your eyes are your mouth, and slobber all over it.

To start off, here's a few hastily drawn pictures I drew from suggestions on Stickam tonight that I did to test out my new Wacom.

Top left is a duck that thinks he's way too cool. Top right is a Vexo or something like that. I don't know the username of the guy whose character it is, but maybe you'll recognise it. Bottom is MissAllenPoe, a user on General aka Shauna I think, as a hard-boiled 1930s Private Dick.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 09:01:40

At 6/11/10 08:58 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: Yay its a vexon! this one's name is scrapples

It's my drawing, and I say his name is Suds McGee.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 09:33:02

I just wanna punch that duck in the face! The thread title is great, post some more art.

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 09:36:57

At 6/11/10 09:33 AM, CloudEater wrote: I just wanna punch that duck in the face!

Funny, cause I wanna punch the vexon in the face.

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 10:10:42

At 6/11/10 09:36 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/11/10 09:33 AM, CloudEater wrote: I just wanna punch that duck in the face!

I want to punch the girl in the face and get her in the kitchen where she can't cause trouble - y'know, like voting - but I here that's a natural reaction on the interent.

I joke, post more of teh arts.

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 15:03:58

At 6/11/10 08:35 AM, Aigis wrote:
Top left is a duck that thinks he's way too cool. Top right is a Vexo or something like that. I don't know the username of the guy whose character it is, but maybe you'll recognise it. Bottom is MissAllenPoe, a user on General aka Shauna I think, as a hard-boiled 1930s Private Dick.

Okay, the concept is pretty good, abd the guy In the top right is good, but it loins thrown together and could use mire detail

Namely: on the girl, her hat and hair are waded, but nothing else... I think the face is too, but It is barely noticeable. Deepen heading so It Is more recognizeable. Also, from what I can see, theshirt doesnt have any shading at all. To mae shadows In whutes, try using a light blue or red, depending on whether It is a cold or warm picture, respectively.
And with your duck guy, there us no shading whatsoever. So if you add some feathery shadows, the picture, Imo, would improve the quality a lot :)

Hope this helps~

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 15:13:05

At 6/11/10 03:03 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Okay, the concept is pretty good, and the guy In the top right is good, but it looks thrown together and could use more detail

Namely: on the girl, her hat and hair are shaded, but nothing else... I think the face is too, but It is barely noticeable. Deepen the shading so It Is more recognizeable. Also, from what I can see, the shirt doesnt have any shading at all. To make shadows In whites

My Evo is making way too many typos... I think Ill go back to my ipod.
I corrected it in the quoted text >.< soz
Lol first paragraph, I meant to write looks and It came out point xD

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 15:15:43

At 6/11/10 03:13 PM, Kakashi1930

Raw! It came out loins*** >:(

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 15:17:41

At 6/11/10 03:15 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: At 6/11/10 03:13 PM, Kakashi1930

Raw! It came out loins*** >:(

what lions? i see no lions, or loins for that matter, stop talking jibberish girl

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-11 23:25:25

At 6/11/10 07:12 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote:
At 6/11/10 09:36 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
........ur a poop head

Lol. Battle Royale much?

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-13 08:39:04

At 6/13/10 05:49 AM, J-qb wrote: not at all; aigis just needs to post more art in here.

You people are so needy.

Well here's another ten minute stickam picture. I haven't really had the time to do anything substantial artistically.

It's a picture of some dick who left five minutes after requesting it. So fuck that guy.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-15 20:08:49

Here's a WIP for a Robot Day submission. I'm not sure if I like what I've done or not, and I really have no idea where I'm going with this as part of a full composition. So I might not end up finishing it.

I call it Gold Star for Robot Girl.

Anyway, I would appreciate any advice on how it's going.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-15 20:38:13

At 6/15/10 08:08 PM, Aigis wrote: Anyway, I would appreciate any advice on how it's going.

its looking good anatomy wise, imo
but the girl-baby (i dont really know how ti describe it).... the ROBOT! yeah, thats what it is....
anyways, the robot seems to be leaning forward at a really unnatural angle, idk if you meant that or not...
almost as if she was looking over someones shoulder, but theres no one there

and @ ash however many posts ago: i gave up wasting posts trying to correct my damn Evo. i say fuck it and stormed through the setting trying to get rid of auto-correct. its worse than my iPod >.<
/kill Evo <.<

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-15 21:39:46

At 6/15/10 08:38 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: but the girl-baby (i dont really know how ti describe it).... the ROBOT! yeah, thats what it is....
anyways, the robot seems to be leaning forward at a really unnatural angle, idk if you meant that or not...
almost as if she was looking over someones shoulder, but theres no one there

She was supposed to be leaning forward, but I hadn't thought far enough ahead to say why she is leaning forward.

Perhaps to get some sort of uncanny valley effect.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-06-28 09:06:13

Here's a video game comic.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-07-08 08:55:08

I haven't posted anything in this thread for a while so here's something new.

It's basically my first real attempt at drawing anything with pens. I usually make some dumb mistake and throw whatever I'm drawing away.

Anyway, the linework in this is sloppy, the proportions are weird, and the perspective is right out. But despite all that, for some reason I still like it.

"My Descent Into Madness"

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-08-05 05:47:38

Here's a self-portrait to show that I'm not dead.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-08-05 15:19:56

At 8/5/10 05:47 AM, Aigis wrote: Here's a self-portrait to show that I'm not dead.

We have similar hair. Glad to see you aren't dead.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-08-05 16:38:52

At 7/8/10 08:55 AM, Aigis wrote: "My Descent Into Madness"

What an original idea.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-08-05 17:07:43

At 8/5/10 04:38 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 7/8/10 08:55 AM, Aigis wrote: "My Descent Into Madness"
What an original idea.

No need for sarcasm.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-08-05 17:39:30

I have noticed your style evolving since the beginning of this thread. I must say, nice job, your pictures now look like they have more detail, your shading has gotten better, and overall the lines are smoother.

Hope to see more soon.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-08-06 06:43:26

At 8/5/10 05:39 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: I have noticed your style evolving since the beginning of this thread. I must say, nice job, your pictures now look like they have more detail, your shading has gotten better, and overall the lines are smoother.

My pictures at the start of this thread were kinda just five minute drawings I did to test out my tablet. I know I shouldn't criticise a compliment, but I also feel that my artistic abilities from two months ago should not be judged on those drawings.

In any case, the smoother lines is because I have been using pens for the last few drawings in this thread. I find them easier to control than my tablet, as I assume most people do.

Anyway, here's another quick drawing. I don't like it much, but hey this thread is pretty empty.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-07 05:00:54

Here is a quick drawing based on a series of suggestions in Stickam molded into one picture.

It's Ringo the Tank Engine.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-07 15:40:47

At 8/5/10 05:47 AM, Aigis wrote: Here's a self-portrait to show that I'm not dead.

Well, you don't have pupils, so i am now classifying you as a zombie who likes to draw.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-27 04:57:19

I really should update this thread more often. There's like eight drawings in here, almost none of which are any good.

I was going to use this for the Flood but it's kinda lost its relevance to the theme in the process of drawing it.

It is, however, a basic idea of the concept for a comic I plan on working on in the near future, taking place on the floating city of Belphon.

The woman in the picture is named Victoria, but she is not the protagonist.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-27 09:13:47

At 11/27/10 04:57 AM, Aigis wrote:
It is, however, a basic idea of the concept for a comic I plan on working on in the near future, taking place on the floating city of Belphon.

The woman in the picture is named Victoria, but she is not the protagonist.

Wow. Looks epic!

I like the flying islands in the sky.

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-27 09:30:11

At 11/27/10 04:57 AM, Aigis wrote: Belphon.

I had the honour of seeing a few WIP stages of this. Came out very well. You surprised me with the reflections on the water. This is a universe worth expanding on.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-28 03:10:18

A failed character design.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-28 19:37:09

Riffs and variations on the same theme.

Aigis? More like Artgis.

BBS Signature

Response to Aigis? More like Artgis. 2010-11-28 19:38:52

At 6/15/10 08:08 PM, Aigis wrote: Here's a WIP for a Robot Day submission. I'm not sure if I like what I've done or not, and I really have no idea where I'm going with this as part of a full composition. So I might not end up finishing it.

I call it Gold Star for Robot Girl.

Anyway, I would appreciate any advice on how it's going.

Wow thats kind of creepy.....

do you ever listen to your self talk!

BBS Signature