00:00
00:00

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

104,009 Views | 3,064 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 18:09:52

Also france, but I got ninja'd anyway.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 18:11:01

I'll read everyone's thoughts in a few minutes (and I would really like to see if anyone had similar feelings regarding France's performances - I don't think I'll be disappointed), but first, how would you summarise the first day of action in one word?

I go with...

BWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 18:23:54

At 6/11/10 06:13 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: South Korea Vs. Greece

Looking forward to that one.

Argentina Vs. Nigeria

This is not too exciting, it's easy points for Argentinia.

England Vs. USA

The match of the day for me. Definitely watching that one.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 18:52:00

I didn't catch all of the South Africa-Mexico game, but SA's goal was excellent and a brilliant way to kick things off. The atmosphere sounded so great in Soccer City, and I was only listening in through the radio at first. But yes, otherwise I'm with the consensus here regarding those vuvuzelas. You just know they're going to make it big everywhere else though as a result of the World Cup.

Both teams had some skill in my opinion. SA just fell apart with Mexico's counterattack though. The defense was just screaming 'give us a goal!'. I think the score was satisfying, as satisfying a draw can be anyway. THis all comes from a casual point of view when it comes to sports.

I was in the pub for the first half of Uruguay-France. I caught the second half at home. The BBC were praising the officials, and yeah, I agree they did a good job considering how stop-start the whole thing was. Lodeiro's first yellow card was so off though. He didn't even look like he was delaying play or whatever, but just carelessly passing the ball back, unless I missed something. The second yellow, pretty obvious I guess. It's just a shame that Uruguay's hopes of atacking play went so blunt afterwards.

France - what can I say? Ribery (aka Wade Fulp of course - this fact never gets passed NG whenever France play, this thread has proven my theorem on this) wasn't as uber-impressive as I've seen him, but he was one of the more exciting to watch on their side. Substituting Anelka for Henry? In a moment of offense? I'm not a football expert, but what? Seriously. The irony lies in the fact that many of France's later chances would've been helped if there was a bigger guy in the box!

But yeah, like you guys have been saying, I wasn't exactly too surprised. What's this star-sign dealy I've been hearing about?

I'll look forward to South Korea-Greece, and might catch Argentina-Nigeria (perhaps a somewhat surprising encounter, I don't know - football hunch here). I don't like watching England on TV. YOU CAN BLAME GARETH SOUTHGATE AND DAVID BECKHAM (lol).

Star Stories had one of their few funny sketches in making a parody of the latter '98 innocent. 'And Beckham has been sent off! If we lose this thing now, it's DEFINITELY his fault! Christ, what a knob.'

Nonetheless, I think it will be a good game. Over-hyped for obvious reasons, but good. BBC did a bit on the 1950 upset where the U.S. beat England 1-0, was quite interesting.

Not that that wasn't the most significant upset of that World Cup...

Some were afraid that a Mexico win today would've had similar effects at the opposite end of the tournament. Without regard to actual game skill and scores, a draw was quite comforting on that.

At 6/11/10 12:12 PM, Ledgey wrote: Also the Mexican keeper is totally the hispanic Barthez.

We totally thought the same thing here!

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 18:59:56

South Korea Vs. Greece

I have to wake up at 7 AM to watch it, I'll try but I'm thinking it won't be worth it. I'll go with Greece on this one, they'll probably stick with a 1x0 and go all the way back defending. South Korea can surprise Greece if they don't show their full potential though.

Argentina Vs. Nigeria

Definitely not an easy match but Argentina has some of the best players in the world on paper they just need to stick to their aggressive offense and they will be alright.

England Vs. USA

I just can't choose one team in this one, I'm actually rooting for a tie since I'm rooting for both teams.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 19:01:27

Ball sac how Mexico didn't win. I also hate the how France plays, they made so many dirty moves, not even funny (There was almost a fight too )

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 19:12:06

I'd hate to see France go through after Henry's hand against the Irish. To show that cheating is better...

In December, drinkin' horchata, I look psycotic in a, bal-a-clava.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 19:27:59

At 6/11/10 07:01 PM, Slug-Gunner wrote: I also hate the how France plays, they made so many dirty moves, not even funny (There was almost a fight too )

While I was watching it, I swore the intensity of the vuvuzelas increased as the prospect of a fight came about.

At 6/10/10 09:35 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: North Korea- what the hell can i say? no-one knows almost NOTHING about them. however, they are kinda scaring me; in 1966, they got to the quarterfinals after BEATING ITALY and lost to Portugal by 5X3 after they were winning by 3X0. hope it isn't like that.

As much as football and politics should really never walk hand-in-hand (I'd drop an anvil, but this is England I'm referring to specifically), it's always fun to see a country make a statement in sports. This is why U.S.-U.S.S.R. battles were always fun in the Olympics. North Korea walked into the '66 World Cup as a joke, pretty much like they have done now. They built up a cult following with Brits who were watching the matches. Take what you can from this clip.

That's one reason why I think North Korea might surprise in this World Cup, no matter how bizarre things always get with them involved. Hell, I believe the players are supposed to salute Kim il-Sung and Kim Jong-il... in every interview they give.

Let's not forget this match on the topic of statements.

Though, East Germany were hardly seen as the biggest jokes in that World Cup.

And the always-honest Internet grapevine asserts that that particular... World Cup incident had something to do with a certain Mr. Mobutu's threats...

And thus we reach a cycle surrounding the mystery of North Korea and football.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 19:58:18

At 6/11/10 07:27 PM, Scarab wrote:
At 6/11/10 07:01 PM, Slug-Gunner wrote:
(North Korea stuff)

There's always gonna be a team in a World Cup that's going to surprise EVERYONE, that's one of the reasons these WC are so great and entertaining even though we always see the same names in the semi-finals and finals. This one won't be an exception but if I have to put my money in a weak team I would go with any of the African teams.

Though, East Germany were hardly seen as the biggest jokes in that World Cup.

I see New Zealand as the biggest joke ever in the history of World Cups.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 20:57:52

For God's sake, Mexico doesn't score on the oportunities they have! They were superior in every way during most of the game, and they didn't make it reflect on the score.
And our defense is sloooooooow...
They really have to change things if they want to get to second round, and not face Argentina again.

Dos Santos was really good, and Hernandez, Man U. new forward, should have been playing from the begining.

France and Uruguay didn't score any goals to our good luck, and we still have a good chance. Let's hope hey make things right against France. They donn't look as strong as anyone might expect.

Vamos Mexico!

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 21:37:44

Two great games today went somewhat as expected. I think I still have a good amount of confidence in Uruguay and France winning their group. Tomorrow will be a great day for soccer. England-USA, and Argentina-Nigeria will be great games and Greece-South Korea will be a very intense fight that could ultimately determine who is second in the group. I'm really looking forward to what is shaping up to be a great World Cup

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 21:51:51

Guise. I just realized something.
If both Koreas go on to the knockouts and face each other...

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 21:55:15

I dont like Brazil. I wanna see them get knocked out. Fuck them. I dont like Portugal. I love the dutch

Theres a scoop of ice cream in my brain , i wonder what flavour it is.

-----What the fuck is you doing?

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 21:56:40

At 6/11/10 04:40 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: Todays matches results

South Africa Vs. Mexico 1-1

Uruguay Vs. France 0-0

Another exciting day in the world of soccer...

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 22:12:15

france sucked shit as i suspected. the atmosphere in this WC is demolished by the fact there are so many fucking assholes having the need to blow on their horn for the entirety of the game. it doesn't help either that it takes place in south-africa to begin with.

the highlight of the WC so far is seeing that scumbag Lodeiro get a second yellow-card just after five minutes of play, what an absolute fucking tool.

still waiting for the netherlands to come up and pwn everybody.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 00:40:32

Is anyone really surprised about France drawing? They are has beens. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it out of the group stages.

Also got my free flag in the Sun newspaper this morning. I've stuck it up in the office for now and I'll take it home later and hang it from my window.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 00:46:31

At 6/11/10 10:12 PM, DarkSytze wrote: it doesn't help either that it takes place in south-africa to begin with.

I personally thought that the South-African crowd would be awesome with lots of drumming, singing and dancing. But I agree the atmosphere in the stadiums is ruined due to those vuvuzelas. I could hardly hear anyone cheer when South-Africa or Mexico scored their goals.

Anyway I'm looking forward to England - USA. The games in poule B I do not care so much about, although I'd like to know how well Argentina does.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 01:33:05

Well we have South Korea vs Greece. The Greeks should be afraid of the runs and pace of the Koreans, and i think the only way for them no disposses them is by physical contact. The Koreans are fast, look at them against Spain, but they're just not accurate enough. They'll be counting mostly on Park Ji Sung. But i still say with speed, the Koreans should win by 1-0 or maybe 2-1. Argentina vs Nigeria. Tevez, Aguero, Milito, Messi. Very impressive strikers, each in their own way. But with Maradona in charge? Nigeria may have lost Michael Essian, but i think the eagles would still fare pretty well. I say it'll be a draw for them.

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 01:50:13

At 6/12/10 01:33 AM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote:

Nigeria may have lost Michael Essian, but i think the eagles would still fare pretty well. I say it'll be a draw for them.

You mean John Obi Mikel?

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 02:13:01

At 6/12/10 01:50 AM, ToddM wrote:
At 6/12/10 01:33 AM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote:
Nigeria may have lost Michael Essian, but i think the eagles would still fare pretty well. I say it'll be a draw for them.

You mean John Obi Mikel?

Whoops got it wrong there. Yeah Obi Mikel. Essian's from Ghana. My mistake.

another issue where i got John Terry and Frank Lampard mixed up. I guess ill never get Chelsea players right. I hate Chelsea.

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 02:18:20

At 6/12/10 02:13 AM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote:
another issue where i got John Terry and Frank Lampard mixed up. I guess ill never get Chelsea players right. I hate Chelsea.

Jealousy is a bitch :'(

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 02:34:19

Shit is gonna get heavy. OH MAN OH MAN.

England and the USA.

This can get ugly.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 02:38:21

At 6/12/10 02:34 AM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Shit is gonna get heavy. OH MAN OH MAN.

England and the USA.

This can get ugly.

Lets see how many players get booked.

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 02:44:14

At 6/12/10 02:35 AM, EJR wrote: England won't win because

England has Gagsy

and Gagsy sucks

LOLOLOL <3

Hey, hey, hey.

Stop it :(

You guys better be watching it, don't care if you dislike football. I'll be bringing a tv into my room and stickaming while watching. Cause I'm sad like that.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 03:11:13

At 6/12/10 02:47 AM, EJR wrote:
I hope you do stickam it because the TV in my room doesn't work and I have no other way of watching it unless I become a gay person and go to another room. I DON'T WANNA DO THAT.

I'll point my cam at the screen I guess. Tiago will probably be screening it anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 03:38:42

Day one of the cup wasn't all that great. I'm really looking forward to the USA-England game. Gagsy don't kill me but England is going to lose.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 03:45:59

At 6/12/10 03:38 AM, sixflab wrote: Day one of the cup wasn't all that great. I'm really looking forward to the USA-England game. Gagsy don't kill me but England is going to lose.

The tourament or the game tonight?

If the former then yes, if the latter then WTF.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 03:48:30

At 6/12/10 03:45 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/12/10 03:38 AM, sixflab wrote: Day one of the cup wasn't all that great. I'm really looking forward to the USA-England game. Gagsy don't kill me but England is going to lose.
The tourament or the game tonight?

If the former then yes, if the latter then WTF.

Probably should of clarified that. I'm looking for a hard fought battle tonight. I'm actually expecting a tie in the end. I know you love your England team but I really don't see them getting past round of 16.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 03:49:38

Ok let's do a worthless bet on England - USA. I say 1 - 2.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 03:52:51

At 6/12/10 03:49 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Ok let's do a worthless bet on England - USA. I say 1 - 2.

To hell with worthless bets,
if your wrong I want naked pictures of you posted on the BBS

On no a bear!

BBS Signature