00:00
00:00

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

104,112 Views | 3,064 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 14:45:36

At 6/11/10 11:38 AM, C-Hawk wrote:
At 6/11/10 11:32 AM, mad-spyke wrote:
At 6/11/10 11:30 AM, ToddM wrote: The refs are for SA to win the game that's why they disallowed the goal by Mexico.
The reason the first goal was disallowed was because of offside. Read up on the offside rule then cry more
There was a SAf defender standing on the goal line, making any offside impossible.

Let's not forget FIFA is about as corrupt as any group of human beings can get. France had a little hand getting into this WC, we all know that. France hosts the Euro, they win after many controversial reffing decisions. France hosts the WC, they win. Korea and Japan host a WC, Japan jump all the way to #12 in the international rankings and almost win, again with a shitload of reffing bullshit decisions. Not to cry before the milk's even been spilled, but i have zero faith in the integrity of FIFA.

Right now SAf is playing on counter-attacks while Mex is still dominating.

Just because a player is on the line doesn't make it not offside. The keeper was not in line either. Seriously, read up on the rule before making false statements.
And as for the other world cups, boo hoo, cry more

Offside rule for your benefit x

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 14:51:39

Holland is gonna win. I can feel it. They now have got like the best players around. Robben, Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Kuyt, Sneijder... And not only that, the other countries that normally are insane are missing some players too. Like, Germany is missing Ballack.
Some players also became worse than last time. Ronaldino and Robino aren't as good as they were back in the days. Zidane is gone (lolhahalol) and Messi became worse too.
Other thing, why the hell is Honduras playing? And North-Korea? Who has ever seen those people playing football?! Does anybody know players from Honduras? Me neither.
Also, it's pretty clear that Holland will encounter Brazil in the quarter finals. That is, if they both become first in their poule and after that win the 8th-finals. Can't wait for that. Their poule isn't that hard, so they'll surely become first.
The only country I'm afraid of, is Spain. Looks like they've done pretty much power training the last few years, so they are pretty strong. And ho hasn't seen the legendary match between Holland and Spain last time! 16 yellow cards, 4 red cards. And Figo was lying on the ground, crying like a little baby. We only lost because of him. But that won't happen this time. This time, when playing against Holland, the games only over when the 90 minutes are over.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 14:56:13

At 6/11/10 02:45 PM, mad-spyke wrote: Offside rule for your benefit x

Yes, i've already admitted my mistake in a previous post.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:00:13

France - Uruguay has been pretty boring so far. I don't expect to see many goals here...

At 6/11/10 02:51 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: And ho hasn't seen the legendary match between Holland and Spain last time! 16 yellow cards, 4 red cards. And Figo was lying on the ground, crying like a little baby. We only lost because of him.

The Battle of Nuremberg.

Epic match indeed. Although it was against Portugal, not Spain. There's a chance Holland will face Portugal in the quarter-final, but only if Portugal becomes the group winner instead of Brazil.

Anyway, Spain vs Holland would be a great match too. I'm looking forward to such a final.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:01:15

So I was reading the back of a heinz tomato sauce bottle and it said vuvuzelas were first used to kill off baboons!!

Amazing what you can learn off a heinz tomato sauce bottle :)

Also the vuvuzela's are dam annoying but it is part of our culture so I guess it's good in that way

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:01:23

I would just like to say, I hope France loses.

That is all.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:02:57

I love this referee.

Diaby is playing mad

Gourcuff thinks he's Zidane lol

ad

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:07:02

At 6/11/10 02:57 PM, Victory wrote:
Interesting fact: Forlan and Suarez (Uraguay forwards) have scored over 80 goals between each other for their respective clubs this season. :o

Yup, Forlán is one of my favourite contemporary strikers. Here's hoping he gets something against the froggies.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:12:26

usa vs england
ENGLAND WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:14:57

At 6/11/10 02:35 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Those horns need to be confiscated before the game.

Indeed. They ruin the match.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:24:21

Pretty dull so far. France have been exactly as poor as many expected- any side playing one striker who barely ever scores isn't going to get far in this tournament. All they have on their side is their size and physicality (Diaby especially), but Uruguay are the better passing side. Ribery is a nuisance, but will be sent off before long the way he throws his weight around.

Forlan looks a threat, I think he'll steal one in the second half.

And lets face it, France shouldn't be there anyway, so they are doing everyone a favour if they crash our early.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:24:43

I'm really nervous about Uruguay - France. I've been shivering during the whole game... The beginning was boring but it started to get more interesting towards the end.

At 6/11/10 02:35 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Those horns need to be confiscated before the game.

lol, I agree.

At 6/11/10 02:39 PM, C-Hawk wrote: ITT: Franck Ribéry is Wade plus burn wounds.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co mmons/c/ca/Franck_Rib%C3%A9ry_Bayern_2.j pg

Yeah I remember someone mentioning this in an old thread.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 15:35:27

Pretty boring match so far, expecting a better 2nd half now. I'll go and say that uruguay will win this one 1x0.

Let's all hope for that.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:22:32

Final score: Uruguay 0 - France 0

Match ended a few seconds ago. France got a frr kick in the last few seconds, but Ribery shot the wall.

Also, you're right, Numenberg was against Portugal.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:24:14

France 0 - 0 Uruguay

Boring match and very poor performance by both teams if you ask me. I think Luis Suarez, Ribery, Anelka and Henry all disappointed. Forlan did alright, but couldn't do much on his own.

From the way things look now I would not be surprised if Mexico and South Africa make it as winners of this group. It's only been the first match though, anything is still possible.

Best player of today was the South-African goalkeeper Khune in my opinion.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:26:50

Damn! I had so much faith in Lodeiro... Ignacio Gonzalez didn't do anything during the first half, so I was happy when he was substituted by Lodeiro, who has played good in the last matches (especially against Costa Rica, which allowed Uruguay to get into the World Cup in the first place). He deserved to be sent off, but at that moment Uruguay was starting to play better.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:30:28

At 6/11/10 04:27 PM, DigitalRelapse wrote:
At 6/11/10 04:24 PM, Auz wrote: I would not be surprised if Mexico and South Africa make it as winners of this group.
Neither would I, France seem to be past their prime, Uruguay only really have Forlan, but Mexico and South Africa are like the dark horses. Everyone assumes they're going to be bad, because you never hear about them, but I actually think they're really good. They could beat plenty of the teams taking part for sure.

You never hear about them? Maybe you don't but I know for a fact that Mexico is a very strong team. I was surprised when I saw the first match because South Africa played lot better than I expected, but Mexico is a very good team and should not be underestimated.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:30:38

Man that was a poor start to the world cup 1 average game 1 shite one but tommorow is the big one the day England shows the world how to play footy and fucking smash up the yanks so bad they'll pull out of the tournament

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:35:08

France-Uruguay was a horrible game. Uruguay missed all of their opportunities (which were few) badly, and France didn't play at all. that Gourcuff is also an idiot: 3 outside-the-area shots, and all of them missed the goal by a mile. i wasted my time watching, really. and those vuvuzelas are ANNOYING. they're like a bee's buzz, only continuous.
South Korea-Greece is the next game, so let's discuss it now. then it's Argentina-Nigeria and then, the expected England-USA.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:35:24

At 6/11/10 04:34 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Anyone notice how France's number 7 looks like Wade Fulp?

We know.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:36:10

In the US vs England game I reckon there'll be a fight. :)

I really didn't think France vs Uruguay was a boring game.

At 6/11/10 04:34 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Anyone notice how France's number 7 looks like Wade Fulp?
Franck Ribéry

Shut up

ad

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:36:22

Franck Ribéry

Lol i never noticed that, good spot but Wade isn't a molesting pervert like Ribery that makes him better

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:46:37

Man, Uruguay - France was too boring.
*Yawn*

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 16:54:55

South Africa definetly played the best today, indeed. Tomorrow three matches, looking forward to them.

Argentinia - Nigeria (Poule B)
South Korea - Greece (Poule B)
England - USA (Poule C)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 17:04:12

At 6/11/10 04:44 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 6/11/10 04:35 PM, C-Hawk wrote: We know.
Someone said it before me?

Yeah buuuuuuuuuuddy, previous page, second post.

At 6/11/10 04:36 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: Lol i never noticed that, good spot but Wade isn't a molesting pervert like Ribery that makes him better

You'd be surprised.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 17:35:13

I hope there are more surprises in store!

North Korea - Brazil... hint hint. nudge nudge

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 17:36:47

Thank you France and Mexico for being shit and fucking up my accumulators. Needless to say you'll all get raped by whoever if you manage to qualify.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 17:56:06

France have been playing like that for some time, nobody should be surprised that they are terrible. It was just a shame that Uruguay went down to 10 men and couldn't put any pressure on for the last 15 minutes- I'd have fancied them to steal it otherwise.

Mexico and South Africa will not be scared of either of them on that form.

As for tomorrow, Greece are a drab, defensive side, so that has 0-0 written all over it (cue a 5-5 thriller now...). Argentina should batter Nigeria, and we all know that England expect a win in the late match. I'm certainly encouraged as an England fan, no side I have seen so far will worry us, crucial as we'll most likely play one of those four in the quarter finals, should we get that far.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 18:04:46

At 6/11/10 06:00 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: Has there ever been a team that won the world cup in their own country?

Yes, 6 in fact. Uruguay in the first World Cup in 1930, Italy in 1934, England in 1966, West Germany in 1974, Argentina in 1978, and most recently France in 1998.

THE MORE YOU KNOW...

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-11 18:06:28

At 6/11/10 06:00 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: Has there ever been a team that won the world cup in their own country?

Uruguay hosted and won in 1930. 4 years later, Italy pulled off the same. In 1974 West Germany did it, as well as Argentinia in the '78 cup.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature