00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

The Icon Mod Crew

251,047 Views | 3,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 14:23:47


I'm currently going all of Randy-Solem's flashes as I've been an avid fan of Videogame DC since 2004 now and I'd love to repay the favour of making amazing movies for my teenage years. Thanks to Slappy for bringing him up.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 14:45:03


Good to hear Randy is getting some love. I think Jeremy Lokken still has more left too.

Anyone wanna tackle GoshaDole?

http://goshadole.newgrounds.com/flashico ns


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 14:46:23


At 6/9/10 02:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: Anyone wanna tackle GoshaDole?

http://goshadole.newgrounds.com/flashico ns

I'm game brah


https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 14:49:50


At 6/9/10 02:23 PM, simon wrote: I'm currently going all of Randy-Solem's flashes as I've been an avid fan of Videogame DC since 2004 now and I'd love to repay the favour of making amazing movies for my teenage years. Thanks to Slappy for bringing him up.

I'll help you out with some. I'll start from the bottom.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 15:11:55


At 6/9/10 02:46 PM, Boss wrote:
At 6/9/10 02:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: Anyone wanna tackle GoshaDole?

http://goshadole.newgrounds.com/flashico ns
I'm game brah

Done, imma go check out the ultra violence now, see if any need icons


https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 16:26:22


I realized that making icons is much easier and faster if you use one of those programs which automatically create a file with a picture when you hit the print screen button. This is also great because you can take several screen prints in a single flash, and then use the best one. I've downloaded the trial version of "FastStone Capture" today, and it took me a short time to make the icons for Jeinu, Azh321, GregoryWeir and Explosm. Of course, I'm not done yet :D

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 17:08:58


Looks like someone replaced a bunch of my icons for MarcyVF, oh well.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 17:52:54


At 6/9/10 05:08 PM, Archon68 wrote: Looks like someone replaced a bunch of my icons for MarcyVF, oh well.

Happens a lot, usually it's one of 2 reasons.
1) An Icon Mod is already working on them and isn't refreshing the page to see if someone else has updated them and overwrites some.
2) The author has submitted some over them.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 21:05:59


Finished Mithrandir's flashes where I had some help with an anonymous mod (thank you, whoever you are). Next artist I'm going through is YoinK.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-09 21:29:00


At 6/9/10 09:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Next artist I'm going through is YoinK.

Oh my good luck...


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 05:11:54


Just finished off DifferenceGames icons for them, I've got a couple more authors who I am going to do soon, but for now I've got things to do. I just wanted to finish DifferenceGames first :)

http://differencegames.newgrounds.com/fl ashicons


A Lesson on reviewing. | Computer troubles?

Officially part of the 10 Year Club.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 10:01:34


JAZZA finished. Looking for my next job.


Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 10:24:47


At 6/10/10 05:11 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Just finished off DifferenceGames icons for them, I've got a couple more authors who I am going to do soon, but for now I've got things to do. I just wanted to finish DifferenceGames first :)

http://differencegames.newgrounds.com/fl ashicons

The upcoming layout will make use of our expanded genre info, so people will be able to browse difference games as a category and those guys will account for a lot of the games, so that was a great bunch to tackle. :)


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 10:33:04


BTW TheBoogley and Splapp-me-do are planning to update their own thumbnails so don't worry about tackling them. If anyone is looking for stuff to do, here are some:

http://nobu777.newgrounds.com/flashicons
http://stickemuponline.newgrounds.com/fl ashicons
http://pancakebreakfast.newgrounds.com/f lashicons
http://emily-youcis.newgrounds.com/flash icons

Remember to call dibs on an account to let people know!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 10:35:10


At 6/9/10 09:23 PM, EJR wrote:
At 6/9/10 09:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Finished Mithrandir's flashes where I had some help with an anonymous mod (thank you, whoever you are).
Lol, yeah I tried helping out with some

Ah, thanks for that! :)

but his flash submissions are so boring and annoying so I just couldn't get through them.

Understood. Their flashes don't appeal to everyone on this site but I had to go through their stuff again for nostalgia sake as not only were they one of the artists that brought me here, some of my flashes were actually inspired by them, even though most of my flashes are downright silly.

Sorry for not helping out more though and making you sit through more of them.

Nah, it's cool. I was more than willing to go through all of it.

At 6/9/10 09:29 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote:
At 6/9/10 09:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Next artist I'm going through is YoinK.
Oh my good luck...

Thanks! I was given the green light by YoinK himself so I'm honoured to be making new icons for a legendary user such as himself.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 11:41:40


Been working on riftmaster during downtime at work.


II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 14:02:53


At 6/10/10 10:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: http://stickemuponline.newgrounds.com/fl ashicons
http://pancakebreakfast.newgrounds.com/f lashicons

I got 'em.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 17:02:52


At 6/10/10 11:41 AM, ForNoReason wrote: Been working on riftmaster during downtime at work.

done with that and have been working on the Mikey Collection... just because


II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 17:08:58


Thanks for taking on those pages I posted above! Here are some more suggestions if anyone wants to call dibs:

http://mrninya.newgrounds.com/flashicons
http://tekkan.newgrounds.com/flashicons
http://psycosis91.newgrounds.com/flashic ons
http://pixeljamgames.newgrounds.com/flas hicons

I'm at 699 icons on my end... I'll need to have Rob query the DB at some point to see how many updated thumbnails have been uploaded! I want to give it at least another week though before finding out.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 17:21:42


At 6/10/10 10:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: http://nobu777.newgrounds.com/flashicons

I did all of those, now explain to me WTF is this

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 17:27:23


At 6/10/10 05:08 PM, TomFulp wrote:
http://pixeljamgames.newgrounds.com/flas hicons

dibs


II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 17:28:32


At 6/10/10 05:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: http://tekkan.newgrounds.com/flashicons

Dibs on tekkan.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 17:35:37


At 6/9/10 11:36 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote: Trying not to slack off too much. School is a beast

I'm feeling the same way right about now. I'll be able to get so many icons done when I'm out of school.

I just finished Scott-Falco's icons. I'll try to do some more later if I have the time.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 22:52:26


At 6/10/10 05:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'm at 699 icons on my end... I'll need to have Rob query the DB at some point to see how many updated thumbnails have been uploaded! I want to give it at least another week though before finding out.

1025 icons here.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-10 23:15:20


Congrats to simon on 1000+ icons.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-11 07:33:36


At 6/10/10 11:15 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Congrats to simon on 1000+ icons.

Thanks Slappy, if you include all the icons I did for the 46x46 ones too it comes to 1924, but we don't count those anymore.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-11 08:38:45


At 6/10/10 07:53 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote: Anybody else remember Claveman? I did those icons, then went and did the rest of drumstick's Flashes.

Awesome, I meant to suggest him earlier and never did! I'm about to start on Terry Cavanagh.

http://terrycavanagh.newgrounds.com/flas hicons

Just a heads up - Dave from RAB and Sam T are planning to tackle their thumbnails so no one else should have to worry about them - I'll let you know if that changes!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-11 08:40:31


At 6/11/10 07:33 AM, simon wrote: Thanks Slappy, if you include all the icons I did for the 46x46 ones too it comes to 1924, but we don't count those anymore.

Holy crap man! I do hope we'll have user galleries for both "classic" and current icons down the road... That has been one of those features that we know is important but always slips in priority with other stuff.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-11 09:14:27


At 6/11/10 08:40 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/11/10 07:33 AM, simon wrote: Thanks Slappy, if you include all the icons I did for the 46x46 ones too it comes to 1924, but we don't count those anymore.
Holy crap man! I do hope we'll have user galleries for both "classic" and current icons down the road... That has been one of those features that we know is important but always slips in priority with other stuff.

That would be pretty cool, I'd be happy with just the current ones being shown too though.


BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-06-11 09:36:42


Is everyone just keeping there own tally or is there a place to see how many icons we have done?


II II lI

BBS Signature