(Art) Robot Day 2010 Art Contest 2010-06-03 16:37:51
ONLY POST FINISHED ART-WORK IN THIS THREAD,
Feel free to discuss submissions and posts WIPs in this Art Contest's Talk Thread.
Try and keep your submission as mechanical and Robot oriented as possible. Don't post a picture of two normal looking dudes having a beer and say they are cyborgs. Try and make a compelling story with your submission.
If you are making art for a flash submission, say you designed the characters and did the backgrounds, you can always post a compelling image here using those assets to double your chances of wining
And yes the Portal Bots are allowed.
1. All posted entries must be finished. Sketches and works-in-progress should only be posted in the talk thread.
2. All art must be original and drawn by you specifically for this contest. No photoshops, collages, sprites or other artists' line work are permitted.
3. Spend some time and effort on your piece, since you may be judged on it. Scribbles and sloppy work may be deleted by a moderator.
4. Use a decent program, or a medium you're comfortable with using. MSPaint drawings generally look like crap.
5. Multiple entries are welcome, however each contestant may only win one prize.
6. ALL ART FORUM RULES APPLY! eg. don't abuse canvas sizes, and adult content must be highly artistic or exceptionally funny.
7. make sure to upload it to the art portal and tag it with ROBOTDAY2010. It doesn't matter if your scouted or not, just make sure you link to it when you post your image here.
Entries must be posted in this thread by 11:59 pm EST on July 10th,
1st Place: $250 in store credit OR cash
2nd Place: $40 in store credit OR cash
3rd Place: $30 in store credit OR cash
Entries may be judged by the admins on Robot day, or by the art mods.
Be creative, be original, and be stylish!
yes I stole this outline from turkyonastick, sue me.