00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gameboy color back in!!?

10,005 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-05 11:31:34

funny story for you here, well not "haha" funny but you get me..

my mate was playing a pokemon red rom on his laptop the other day and my brother has also been playing pokemon pearl on the ds, so it got me thinking how great these games were. So me and my mate decided we would take our old game boy colors into school and play for a laugh.
Then all of a sudden we get to school and another about 8 people come up to us playing pokemon red, blue or yellow with a gameboy color and we were all as shocked as each other.

Now i think that this could be a result of a new marketing campaign that Nintendo have released on tv for the new launch of pokemon heart gold and soul silver in which they show a kid holding a gameboy colour in one scene, could this advert hold some sort of subliminal message? bearing in mind no one has ever brought in a gameboy color to school tomorrow and there are now approx 100 kids going around school with them ranging from years 7 to 11 I also hear it has come back into fashion at primary schools and i have word from a secondary school up in Newcastle that the same weird thing has happened there simultaneously!

Coincidence - i think not!

Gameboy color back in!!?

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-05 17:10:32

I hope you kill yourself

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-05 18:43:53

I have that beastly fucking transparent purple one in the middle there!

I use it to play my two Color cartridge games, Pac Man / Pac Attack and Pokemon Special Edition Yellow.

But seriously, these have been popping up around my school. In my physics class someone was playing a Power Rangers game on a green one.

Who knows, these could get popular again.

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-05 19:02:21

you already have this thread in General

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-05 19:15:16

At 5/5/10 06:43 PM, snyperscope wrote: I have that beastly fucking transparent purple one in the middle there!

Everyone had that one. If you didn't your parents didn't love you.

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-05 19:17:43

My first one was the awesome kiwi green one

BBS Signature

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-05 23:31:33

Mine is blue-green, and one year from now will mark the tenth year that I've had it. I've actually had an urge to continue my last Pokemon yellow file, even thought I'm not quite close to strong enough to be taking on the last few Gym leaders. All with Pokemon at or above Level 50.

I haven't seen a lot of people bringing gameboys to my school. But quite a few sport a DS, and I've seen around ten different kids with Pokewalkers.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-06 00:55:53

Something like that sort of happened to me a couple days ago at work.
Everyone was bringing back the Game Boy Micro trying to beat each other's scores in Paperboy.

What productions do u go for?

Check out an award winning flash!!

Click Here/Below!

BBS Signature

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-06 01:10:57

I got the Pokemon Center one. A special design made for Gold and Silver sold only at the Pokemon Center (now Nintendo World Center) in NYC.

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-06 02:10:36

I got the Turquoise one on the far left.

Too bad I can't find it. No matter, I have a DS.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-06 02:40:32

At 5/5/10 06:43 PM, snyperscope wrote: I have that beastly fucking transparent purple one in the middle there!

Lol, that's shit tier. Everybody knows real Gameboy users have the Pokemon edition.

Gameboy color back in!!?

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-06 07:18:07

sugoi monogatari oniichan

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Gameboy color back in!!? 2010-05-06 07:50:41

grfgrfrgel
Mine just died like last week