00:00
00:00

WW2 was a good thing.

3,255 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 14:39:01


No this isn't a lame troll thread.

I was thinking...

WW2 crippled the entire worlds economy except America since Britian was buying shit loads of weapons from them and kept having to pay them untill like 2006.

Hmph...

Also since most of the fighting didn't occur on American soil and so did not need to rebuild much, also America didn't have to redesign/reassign almost it's entire industry (Everyone else was building ammo/guns more than anyother product)

Meaning America was a shit load more wealthy than everywhere else in the world at this time... (Not that I'm sour, or spitefull or whatever, it's just a point in my theory...

So yeah, America is rich by post-war standards (Or at least compared to Nuke'd Japan or blowwed up Europe)

I believe that if America didn't have this wealth then later on when the Cold War started, Russia and USA might have had the funds to go nuclear if it wasn't for the huge economic damage caused by WW2 and the depression that followed.

Pretty much:
If it wasn't for WW2 making everyone spend all their money on bullets, then later on everyone would have spent it on nukes...

Oh yeah, America was richer, meaning they had the position of power over russia, forcing them to back down first.

Whadda ya think? It's at least possible I reckon.

[FYI, I submitted this idea for a History piece, C bitches!]


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 14:43:10


WW2 benefited the games industry the most because it game the American market something easy they could remake over and over gain. The only difference is increased polygon count. And its guaranteed to sell because you Yanks need something to cream yourselves over.


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 14:45:58


America only intervened in the war when they were about to be threatened. They would have been happy to have sat and watched the UK annhialated if it didn't effect them.

They helped win the war, but they barely even got their hands dirty when compared to the Brits.

So no, the war wasn't a good thing. Millions of people died because of one totalitarian regime that was a direct threat to world peace. There are still areas of Germany that are still disadvantaged because of that war.


Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 14:46:31


Yea, America, America, America.

America was richer, because it's easy to send troops out from your isle, and read in news how everyone exhausted because of battle get crushed by fresh US. military. Fucking Marvelous.

Also Nukes were invented BECAUSE of World War 2. No WW2, Einstein wouldn't write letter to US President, and wouldn't construct it.

And what would you think about WW2 if you were German? After a war in Communist part? Or if you'd be british? Or French?

Inc fact if there wasn't WW2, many people wouldn't die, and the only good thing it did, it decreases number of population, and as we know, Earth is overpopulated again.

Go ask your mom how it really was on WW2, instead of inventing stupd ideas because of your ignorance.

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 14:54:12


Yes, I agree. My grandfather who lived in Hiroshima at the time says it was a blast.


BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 14:59:12


At 5/4/10 02:46 PM, Makakaov wrote: Yea, America, America, America.

America was richer, because it's easy to send troops out from your isle, and read in news how everyone exhausted because of battle get crushed by fresh US. military. Fucking Marvelous.

Did say that, don't agree.

Also Nukes were invented BECAUSE of World War 2. No WW2, Einstein wouldn't write letter to US President, and wouldn't construct it.

Science is science, Einstein never set out to make atomic bombs untill asked by other parties, and so he would still have been quite able to.

And what would you think about WW2 if you were German? After a war in Communist part? Or if you'd be british? Or French?

I don't care, I'm British and this is MY theory.

Inc fact if there wasn't WW2, many people wouldn't die, and the only good thing it did, it decreases number of population, and as we know, Earth is overpopulated again.

And if my theory is correct then the cold war when nuclear we wouldn't have this problem... better?

Go ask your mom how it really was on WW2, instead of inventing stupd ideas because of your ignorance.

My 'mom' (silly spelling...) was not old enough to remember the War, nor was my nan for that matter, and I doubt many were. (Well on of my nan does slightly.)

And anyway, my family originates from Czechoslovakia, the world watched as Hitler just stole the most of the developed parts from us and supported it, I'm not sour, history is history, living in the past assures the same mistakes.

History is to be studied, not relived.


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:02:27


At 5/4/10 02:59 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: Didn't say that, don't agree.

* Whoops.

At 5/4/10 02:54 PM, November wrote: Yes, I agree. My grandfather who lived in Hiroshima at the time says it was a blast.

Hahaha, how 'punny'

LOL


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:06:26


At 5/4/10 03:03 PM, xKiRiLLx wrote: WW2 was a horrible thing, just like any war.

Yup.

BLAH BLAH BLAH AMERICA SUCK BLAaaaaahhhhh...

If you think that is a good thing you should get some help.

Did you read my post? It could have been better than the alternative is all. No I don't think it's a good thing, but we are discussing my Theory that it was because the alternative would suck.


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:08:30


At 5/4/10 02:45 PM, BrockManson wrote: So no, the war wasn't a good thing. Millions of people died because of one totalitarian regime that was a direct threat to world peace.

World War 2 definitely was not a good thing. OP you seriously suck.
Maybe if you had a family member that went through the war you wouldn't be talking shit.
And don't tell me you did.

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:41:18


OK

In this thread there are only 3 people:

Those who argue about America

Those who make jokes

Those who insult me for being insensitive

Can someone of greater intellegence or less arrogance come so I can have a discussion?


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:43:49


At 5/4/10 03:41 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: OK

In this thread there are only 3 people:

Those who argue about America

Those who make jokes

Those who insult me for being insensitive

Can someone of greater intellegence or less arrogance come so I can have a discussion?

You can always invite cellardoo-oh wait...

Never mind...


Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:44:10


At 5/4/10 03:41 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: OK

In this thread there are only 3 people:

Those who argue about America

Those who make jokes

Those who insult me for being insensitive

Can someone of greater intellegence or less arrogance come so I can have a discussion?

But that's adiscussion. Wha, in your family everyone agrees with you no matter what you say?

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:46:16


WW2 was the most brutal conflict in history and the worlds largest and most horrific crimes against humanity were committed it has left a scar over the whole of Europe for ever... Splendid!


BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:49:02


At 5/4/10 02:59 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: many stupid shit.

Your theory is wrong. If your mom didn't have history in school, or didn't care about it, then go and ask your teacher. But i guess if your mother didn't see the importance of the school for herself that much, that she didn't even went on history, which is easiest class of whole educations system, then i guess she didn't force you to go there, so you didn't do it.

Contemplate it in the toilet with your only 5 fingered friend, and go troll somewhere else, or write a book about your stupid theory, and then we'll talk.

and of course, your mom is stuppid spelling, because you have to fathers.

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 15:56:34


At 5/4/10 03:49 PM, Makakaov wrote: RAWRARWRAWRARWRARW FUCK YOU RAWRARWARWARWARW

(FYI I got a C in GCSE History, which is one of the HARDEST in the 'education system' - in the UK anyway.)

Your motives perplex me, I am unsure whether you want discuss it with me, or just troll yourself.

I am just submitting the idea that without the huge amount if finacial damage caused by WW2, then Russia and America may have gone nuclear later on, as well as since Russia asked Europe for aid, but they also had nothing to give.

I'm not a troll, I just have this theory that even my fucking history teacher understood.


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 16:12:57


At 5/4/10 03:56 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: I'm not a troll, I just have this theory that even my fucking history teacher understood.

Unless already disproved, any theory is plausible.
and you titled your theory: "WW2 was a good thing."

.....

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 16:20:02


umm, Russia and the USA spent billions on nuclear weapons in preperation for war.

Both Countries invaded dozens of other smaller countries in an effort to be more powerful than the other.

That was the Cold War.

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 16:37:14


Remember, because of WW2, Hitler died!


BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 17:04:19


At 5/4/10 02:39 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: Oh yeah, America was richer, meaning they had the position of power over russia, forcing them to back down first.

What do you mean back down? They still have more nukes than us. The United States aggression had little to do with the collapse with the Soviet Union.

Tell WW2's victims it was a good war. I don't call hiding under a table fearing of nuclear war for about 40 years a good thing.


BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 17:08:36


This is never a good place to express your opinions.


I am not witty or clever enough to make my own sig, thus I have stolen one instead.

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 17:10:39


Yes, millions of lives lost is all worth it was long as America gets to make a bit of money. Pssssh... you are disgustingly selfish even by my standards.


autistic screeching

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 17:17:16


So WW2 as a whole was a good thing because it temporarily benefited one nations economy?


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:03:20


At 5/4/10 05:17 PM, RacistBassist wrote: So WW2 as a whole was a good thing because it temporarily benefited one nations economy?

Ahhh... someone who can temporarily set aside emotion and see logic...

I belive it's may have been worth it yes, perhaps it made Russia that little bit poorer and America that little bit richer so that America could out last Russia., meaning ending the Cold War through Attrition as apossed to ending it with mushroom clouds.


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:06:36


At 5/4/10 06:03 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote:
I belive it's may have been worth it yes, perhaps it made Russia that little bit poorer and America that little bit richer so that America could out last Russia., meaning ending the Cold War through Attrition as apossed to ending it with mushroom clouds.

Sorry If I offend by saying this, but you are an extremely cold hearted person.


I am not witty or clever enough to make my own sig, thus I have stolen one instead.

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:09:51


At 5/4/10 05:10 PM, Yamor wrote: Yes, millions of lives lost is all worth it was long as America gets to make a bit of money. Pssssh... you are disgustingly selfish even by my standards.

Yes millions of lives lost in WW2 so that BILLIONS werent lost in the possible explosive ending of the Cold War.

WW2 was not a good thing, UNLESS, my theory is right, and it did infact stop USSR and America throwing down at the end of the Cold War.


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:12:07


At 5/4/10 06:09 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: Yes millions of lives lost in WW2 so that BILLIONS werent lost in the possible explosive ending of the Cold War.

WW2 was not a good thing, UNLESS, my theory is right, and it did infact stop USSR and America throwing down at the end of the Cold War.

Oh wait, now that I've read this I can actually see your point. Disregard my last comment.


I am not witty or clever enough to make my own sig, thus I have stolen one instead.

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:13:29


At 5/4/10 06:03 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote:
At 5/4/10 05:17 PM, RacistBassist wrote: So WW2 as a whole was a good thing because it temporarily benefited one nations economy?
Ahhh... someone who can temporarily set aside emotion and see logic...

I belive it's may have been worth it yes, perhaps it made Russia that little bit poorer and America that little bit richer so that America could out last Russia., meaning ending the Cold War through Attrition as apossed to ending it with mushroom clouds.

You are aware that in the SOVIET UNION (NOT 'Russia') alone, 27 million people lost their lives as a result of World War Two?

And that The USSR and USA spent most of their respective GDP's on nuclear weapons build-up anyway? From 1948 to 1989 the Soviet Union and the USA both had the capacity to launch a nuclear offensive against the other.

The Cold War was inevitable and would have developed with or without World War Two. The world simply isn't big enough for two such vast economic, social and political blocs. The Second World War, and the power vacuum left after its' end, served only to promote US economic interests worldwide. I'm rambling now I think.


Stop looking

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:14:07


At 5/4/10 06:06 PM, TylerDurden121 wrote: Sorry If I offend by saying this, but you are an extremely cold hearted person.

I can put my emotion on hold, sooo yah kinda I am.

But if my theory WAS true (Not saying is) then isn't chooseing millions over billions worth it?

The Lesser of Two evils...


*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:17:14


At 5/4/10 02:39 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: I believe that if America didn't have this wealth then later on when the Cold War started, Russia and USA might have had the funds to go nuclear if it wasn't for the huge economic damage caused by WW2 and the depression that followed.

If World War 2 didn't happen, the Cold War wouldn't have started.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to WW2 was a good thing. 2010-05-04 18:18:46


At 5/4/10 06:14 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: I can put my emotion on hold, sooo yah kinda I am.

But if my theory WAS true (Not saying is) then isn't chooseing millions over billions worth it?

The Lesser of Two evils...

Listen, you dolt. The only thing stopping the US and USSR blowing each other up was the fact that they didn't want to be annihilated themselves in a counter-strike. In fact, what happens as a result of WW2? Eastern Europe falls to Communist control. Berlin partially falls under con trol, and becomes a spot that threatens nuclear war multiple times throughout the 20th Century. The end of World War two serves only to escalate the possibility of nuclear conflict.


Stop looking