00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank Awards, Winners Video

41,308 Views | 122 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:33:07

I'm sorry to bump Tom's post about the tank awards, but since the awards have been cast, and all the guys are now partying over in Baltimore, I figured I'd just post a link to a video goat-man recorded of the event (screen capture from the broadcast) for anyone who missed it.

Here it is!

Congratulations to all the winners!

I'm pretty sure that someone present at the awards will have been recording this with a camcorder, so there's probably going to be a higher definition video (and audio) released at some point, but this guy did a good job of cleaning up the audio and capturing this all, so props to him!

Hope everyone attending the meet at Baltimore has a great time!

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:34:24

Congrats to the winners

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:35:25

congrats to all the winners. I didn't think an award ceremony could last less than 10 minutes. lol

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:37:46

I don't see how level up won the game category at all.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:39:52

Congrats to all the winners!

Watching the live broadcast was exciting, I was impatient during the whole day, specially at 6 o'clock because it started a bit late. James and Hania both deserved to win, I'm very happy for them. 'Level up!' was quite a surprise (personally I didn't like the game that much), and I didn't see the user of the year coming (but that's always a surprise because there's no nominee list).

Congrats again!

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:46:36

Level Up sucked...

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:46:59

NICE!

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:52:16

I'm still pissed I missed the NG 3.0 redesign.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:53:34

Congrats to all the winners especially TomaMoto for User of the Year.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:54:19

At 5/1/10 02:33 PM, liljim wrote: Here it is!

Congratulations to all the winners!

Like I said in Tom's last news, "Congrats to the winners of this year's NG Tank Awards!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:58:27

Next year I want more categories.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 14:59:00

Sure looks like a warm dish of justice was delivered in the games category. Loved the fuck outta Level Up, and no one's opinion on the game can change the fact that it just won a tank award.

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 15:09:41

I thought Hania was pronounced Haa-knee-uh not Hay-knee-uh.

I have a Twitter that I link to everywhere. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 15:21:29

At 5/1/10 02:52 PM, Gustavos wrote: I'm still pissed I missed the NG 3.0 redesign.

i dont think they meant to show us that, same goes for the sneak preview of fancy pants 3 we got

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 15:44:45

Wait, when did they show the redesign exactly? During the awards?

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 15:53:24

hej alla Newgrounds spelare!

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 15:55:32

Congratz to the winners, awesome stuff!

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 16:32:06

At 5/1/10 02:33 PM, liljim wrote: Congratulations to all the winners!

I echo those sentiments, James. Very well done to all involved, but I think that Tom needs to get an official video released with all of this information on, since we didn't get to see enough of his boyish good looks this year.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 17:06:46

Now it would be just dandy, if we could get the name of the fine man who did those snazzy 3D presentations, so we can give him his well-deserved pat on his back :)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 17:18:17

i didn't watch the video because it was a fuzzy recording of the original video, when will you upload the ORIGINAL video, not some cheap recording?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 17:19:15

Congrats to the winners! Tomamato was a great user, he deserved that prize. Tarboy was likely to win, glad it did. Surprised about Level Up though, I could've sworn it would be Toss the Turtle, surprised it didn't even make it to the final 5. Not much of a fan of Hania's music, but whatever. Great job guys!

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 17:40:57

That user did a great job at filming the whole ordeal and I loved the intro-voice animations. Wish I was there to see it, though :(. Sounded like there were hundreds of users at the office!! :P

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 17:50:29

Yeah, I'm a saint.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 18:41:37

At 5/1/10 02:39 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Pretty good stuff. Here's hoping that 2010 lays down a whippin' on 2009, though.

I'll second that.

sandwich-eater: you know shits about to go down when you're taking a shit, and gravity is present.

Twitter - Tumblr - Pickle

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 18:57:44

Congratss!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 19:41:53

The movie was really obvious, and I don't care much about the other two. But games are why I come to newgrounds, and I believe the voting staff was way off, just like the year before. Fancy Pants adventure 2 was a mistake, as was Level Up!. They were both fun and all, but not the best game of the year. This year my top five would've been:
William and Sly (Just to put in a good platformer. While it wasn't #1 material, It was released very early in the year and was very impressive. Although it doesn't have all the doodads of the other two "platformers" it has solid gameplay and beautiful visuals.)
Time Fcuk (Because it was a great game. It had the first online capability on Newgrounds, and used it very well. It was challenging but fun, and had such a great premise behind great visuals and controls. Edmund really outdid himself.)
Toss the Turtle (Being #1 for such a long time is for a reason. While it wouldn't have gone on to win it, it at least deserves a fan favorite spot. With an addictive and fun idea behind great graphics, you can play this game easily for hours and lose track of time. If a game is fun and takes you a long time to play it, it deserves recognition.)
Sonny 2 (Amazing game. Period. This opened up what a flash game could be in the Turn-based game world. It has stunning visuals, the best story of the 5 and hits home with great customization and a world of options and paths to choose.)
Spewer (Easily the most fun I've had on a game all year. This, along with Time Fcuk, both by the same author, opened up what a flash platformer could be. With amazing controls, amazing, yet simple graphics characteristic to Edmund, and an immersive story and development, you truly will spend hours trying to figure out the next great level. And the bonus levels are just genius.)

From these, I can't chose. They are all so good in their own respects. But only one was in the top five! The others were just gimmicks or weren't even fun. Closure, in all due respects, isn't a very good game. It had terrible visuals (on purpose, of course) but no story to back it up and no fun and expansion upon the original idea. I had fun with Level Up!, and it WAS a good platformer, just like Fancy Pants 2, but wasn't the best or even top 5 material. Hansel and Gretel was a dumb gimmick point & click. And Ching Chong Beautiful, while a great game, was just too hard and took too much time to play.
That's my opinion, and I think that my opinions are valid as I've played every good game there is to play on newgrounds. I played every game on the tank awards list, and the ones that were the most fun to play and the most expansive and game-changing all deserved a spot on the top five. The five that were chosen were dissapointments, chosen by people who just play the top five weekly games of the year. I don't care how technically sound or fun a game is if it doesn't appeal to me, the common gaming fan.

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 19:51:23

At 5/1/10 05:50 PM, Goat-Man wrote: Yeah, I'm a saint.

Dude, I really wanna thank you for recording that video. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't know who the winners where. That event was a bit off with my time zone... But they can't put up a time appropriate for everybody in the world I guess.

I want to congratulate all the winners. Especially Level Up! because it was probably hard to go against such good games as Portal Defenders, Ching Chong Beautiful, and Spewer. And it really deserves some more praise.

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 20:05:49

Thanks, I missed the awards.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 22:02:53

I was waiting for like an hour when Tom showed up for the awards. At the first glance of him my computer shut down so I missed the whole thing, haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-01 23:53:35

You know this means that two out of three best movie awards have gone to Australians? :)

Anyway, congratulations to all the winners.