00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,680 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-03 18:58:53

At 12/3/10 06:33 PM, logic wrote: Hey guys, I can't decide between the AK47 and the Commando, Which is better i feel a small difference but can't put my finger on it?

The Commando has lower recoil and the 47 seems to kill faster for me, so I prefer it, probably a higher fire rate.

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-03 19:12:57

Is it just me or do the gun sounds sound like shit?

The above post is useless.

''Lost time is never found again.'' - Benjamin Franklin

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-03 20:39:45

At 12/3/10 07:12 PM, RentallyMetarded wrote: Is it just me or do the gun sounds sound like shit?

It's just you.

They sound beefy as all hell.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-04 00:31:20

At 12/3/10 08:39 PM, Snuff wrote:

Pretty much, except for the mac11. I prefer that even more than the overpowered ak74u.

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-04 04:31:58

Just putting this out there.
Black ops campaign totally let me down.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-04 08:54:09

At 12/3/10 07:12 PM, RentallyMetarded wrote: Is it just me or do the gun sounds sound like shit?

I said that to my dad then he cranked up the surround sound volume and it sounded fucking awesome.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-04 10:04:53

It's just you.

The guns all seem to sound the same to me.. I miss the cod4 gun sounds.

The above post is useless.

''Lost time is never found again.'' - Benjamin Franklin

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-04 12:37:23

At 12/4/10 10:04 AM, RentallyMetarded wrote:
It's just you.

The guns all seem to sound the same to me.. I miss the cod4 gun sounds.

Just because the guns make loud bangs in somewhat similar pitches/tones doesn't mean that they all sound the same. They each have distinct sounds.

At least with my big stereo surround sound system hooked up the the T.V. they sound different.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-04 14:01:25

At 12/4/10 12:37 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
Just because the guns make loud bangs in somewhat similar pitches/tones doesn't mean that they all sound the same. They each have distinct sounds.

At least with my big stereo surround sound system hooked up the the T.V. they sound different.

They sound different on mine too. And I only use my tvs lousy speakers.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 06:48:03

I just brought myself a surround sound system last night, and man it makes a difference. You got the explosions going of everywhere....Foot steps coming from one side, gun shots from another. Plus it gives the guns more grunt, it all sounds so awesome now :3

Oh, and those were some fun wager matches last night guys :D

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 07:40:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nv13PQWS 5E

Black ops mythbusters episode 1

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 10:02:32

Level 24 First Prestige currently, only two more levels before I get my baby back again.

I swear the only truly useful Perk 3 is Hacker.
Second Chance seems to act as Juggernaut though, which is really fucking annoying.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 12:03:10

At 12/5/10 10:02 AM, Snuff wrote: I swear the only truly useful Perk 3 is Hacker.
Second Chance seems to act as Juggernaut though, which is really fucking annoying.

I'm a marathon man myself. And I fucking hate Second Chance. It's ridiculous. It's useless - all it does is make ME get more assists when people kill the person that should have died when i shot him >:(

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 12:51:29

At 12/5/10 12:03 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 12/5/10 10:02 AM, Snuff wrote: I swear the only truly useful Perk 3 is Hacker.
I'm a marathon man myself. And I fucking hate Second Chance. It's ridiculous. It's useless - all it does is make ME get more assists when people kill the person that should have died when i shot him >:(

I suppose Marathon is pretty useful depending what class you're using and what game mode you're on, but it doesn't save your life as much as Hacker does.

And I know what you mean, though admittedly I tend to steal peoples kills doing that, but come on, it's free points and the only possible consequence is some hate mail.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 14:28:36

At 12/5/10 10:02 AM, Snuff wrote: Level 24 First Prestige currently, only two more levels before I get my baby back again.

I swear the only truly useful Perk 3 is Hacker.

Hacker's nice but Ninja is also a great perk when pro. No red name tag above you, and you're completely silent. It goes amazing with a silenced Sniper or Assault Rifle. They'll never find you.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 14:30:12

Sorry for the double post but anyone who plays on PSN and hasn't added me yet, ADD ME! PSN ID : BerZerKer123 (Yes I know the name sucks, I made it years ago.)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 14:31:59

I prefer Hacker, too. It's the only one out of all the 3rd Perks that actually keeps you out of danger a lot. And I play Search and Destroy most of the time, and everyone uses claymores. I like when I don't have to be too cautious. The only problem is that Hacker Pro probably wouldn't be useful very often at all.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 16:17:59

At 12/5/10 02:31 PM, Makeshift wrote: I prefer Hacker, too. It's the only one out of all the 3rd Perks that actually keeps you out of danger a lot. And I play Search and Destroy most of the time, and everyone uses claymores. I like when I don't have to be too cautious. The only problem is that Hacker Pro probably wouldn't be useful very often at all.

I don't know, I've hacked a lot of Claymores and SAM Turrets. Plus I got a triple kill with my first booby trapped Care Package, that was awesome. Don't know how they didn't notice it change twice, but still.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 16:24:06

At 12/5/10 04:17 PM, Snuff wrote: I don't know, I've hacked a lot of Claymores and SAM Turrets. Plus I got a triple kill with my first booby trapped Care Package, that was awesome. Don't know how they didn't notice it change twice, but still.

Oh. I didn't realize or forgot that you can hack Equipment. I was thinking you could only hack care packages for some reason...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 16:39:23

At 12/5/10 04:24 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 12/5/10 04:17 PM, Snuff wrote: I don't know, I've hacked a lot of Claymores and SAM Turrets. Plus I got a triple kill with my first booby trapped Care Package, that was awesome. Don't know how they didn't notice it change twice, but still.
Oh. I didn't realize or forgot that you can hack Equipment. I was thinking you could only hack care packages for some reason...

Yeah, though it does require you get behind the Claymore, or stand a certain distance in front of it. Sentry Guns and SAM Turrets are probably the easiest, or Jammers though the person who it belongs to is usually nearby. Still useful though.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 18:51:41

If people are interested in joining a clan me and my dad set one up not along ago so it's always nice to start out when something is new. We both play on PSN but we have 360 and Wii divisions too which still need leaders! Here is the site.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-05 22:19:02

At 12/5/10 06:51 PM, simon wrote: If people are interested in joining a clan me and my dad set one up not along ago so it's always nice to start out when something is new. We both play on PSN but we have 360 and Wii divisions too which still need leaders! Here is the site.

Pff, major/serious clans are garbage. Doing a small nametag clan with friends is where it's at. I currently am enrolled in the AIDS clan with my friends.

Soon to be the HIV+ Clan.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 05:47:57

At 12/5/10 10:19 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: Pff, major/serious clans are garbage. Doing a small nametag clan with friends is where it's at. I currently am enrolled in the AIDS clan with my friends.

Soon to be the HIV+ Clan.

Both those clan names are garbage.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 05:59:08

At 12/5/10 02:28 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: Hacker's nice but Ninja is also a great perk when pro. No red name tag above you, and you're completely silent. It goes amazing with a silenced Sniper or Assault Rifle. They'll never find you.

no red name tag above you is ghost pro

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 15:11:32

did you guys ever notice that the ship in the last level in black ops (the one where you kill Dragovich)
is the same ship as the one in the first level call of duty 4 only with more stuff added like cranes and landing zones.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 15:39:23

Update coming out soon:

Issues Addressed:

Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
Addressed issue that prevented the "Load MP by Default" option from saving when other specific option combinations were set.
Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
Gameplay Tuning:
Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users - increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Pretty happy about these fixes.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 15:53:55

At 12/6/10 03:11 PM, killer32 wrote: (the one where you kill Dragovich)

Dude, slap spoilers all over that shit.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 16:18:18

At 12/6/10 03:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.

Sweet. This should help me out alot then.

Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.

This happened to me once when i got Valkyries in a care package. I was pissed >:(

Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

Good idea. Most people won't bother with Hardline now though :P

Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.

Let's see how this goes....spawning has always been pretty horrible...

Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifle with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.

While I do think the snipers in blops are pretty shit, and need upgrading, i just hope it doesn't get to the MW2 stage.

Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.

Good idea.

Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Another good idea.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 16:41:05

At 12/6/10 03:53 PM, Snuff wrote:

it was obvious as shit

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-06 16:58:54

At 12/6/10 04:41 PM, killer32 wrote:
At 12/6/10 03:53 PM, Snuff wrote:
it was obvious as shit

Not really, he could have escaped to make way for a sequel.