00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,663 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 11:33:42

At 11/29/10 11:07 AM, FalconKeeper wrote: Worst Call of Duty game, ever.

In your opinion maybe. But not in everyone else's here.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 14:04:41

At 11/28/10 05:38 PM, scetch00 wrote: My friend shows up as 2nd Prestige lvl 30 in Combat Training and he's lvl 10 in normal multiplayer. What?

ZOMG HAX!!!!

It's likely his game may have glitched and got his levels in multiplayer and combat training mixed up. Something along those lines i'm sure.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:07:01

I hate the general community on this game. I swear noone seems to know how to play domination. We were being dominated and rest of my team just all camped in corners of the map and didn't even attempt to capture any points.

I'm definitely not amazing at this game but even i'm not that bad.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:29:05

I wish there where more different contracts. I'm bored with the ones currently available

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:30:54

At 11/29/10 04:07 PM, warshark wrote: I hate the general community on this game. I swear noone seems to know how to play domination. We were being dominated and rest of my team just all camped in corners of the map and didn't even attempt to capture any points.

I'm definitely not amazing at this game but even i'm not that bad.

That is a Issue I run into alot when playing with Randoms. General mindset is get kills, fuck objectives.
Retards.

Also, I have reached 4000 in All time ranking for Domination! HAZZA!!!

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:36:28

At 11/29/10 11:07 AM, FalconKeeper wrote: Worst Call of Duty game, ever.

Disliking popular games makes me look cool in the eyes of nerds.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:37:21

At 11/29/10 04:30 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Retards.

Tell me about it.

Gets on my nervers when they always steal your kills and seem to flock around your care packages as soon as they see the canister being thrown.

I can't wait until more people I know get this so I can be part of an actual working team.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:39:02

At 11/29/10 04:29 PM, tally1989 wrote: I wish there where more different contracts. I'm bored with the ones currently available

I thought they were supposed to change every 24 hours. They seem to be the same thing all the time.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:43:07

At 11/29/10 04:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: I thought they were supposed to change every 24 hours. They seem to be the same thing all the time.

They mostly seem to be the same. All i've noticed is it changes from "Earn 15 kills" to "Earn 20 kills" That seems to be the extent of the change.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:45:04

At 11/29/10 04:43 PM, warshark wrote:
At 11/29/10 04:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: I thought they were supposed to change every 24 hours. They seem to be the same thing all the time.
They mostly seem to be the same. All i've noticed is it changes from "Earn 15 kills" to "Earn 20 kills" That seems to be the extent of the change.

They do change every 24 hours. But they only have like 3 different sets for each category.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:45:58

Oh, and contracts fuck up all the time. My brother used the 2 longshots in 45 minutes contract, got 4 longshots, and nothing happened. Still said he got 0.

Yesterday I used a "Win 4 S&D Games in 45 minutes" contract. I won at least 5 yesterday alone, but it still says 0 and for some reason it also says I have 43 minutes left on the contract, when I've definitely spent more than 30 minutes in game in S&D matches.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 16:48:49

At 11/29/10 04:45 PM, Makeshift wrote: Oh, and contracts fuck up all the time.

They've never fucked up for me

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 17:24:57

At 11/29/10 04:55 PM, Liquify wrote: Bet you'd have a good laugh doing that.

I shall try that next time good sir.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 18:05:28

First order of business...

Gets on my nervers when they always steal your kills and seem to flock around your care packages as soon as they see the canister being thrown.
Gets on my nervers when they always steal your kills and seem to flock
Gets on my nervers when they
Gets on my nervers
nervers

Sorry, had to get that out. It's to fun doing this.

Anyways, I flock around Care Packages to make sure my team gets them, I hate those fags who steal them when you're trying to be a Hardline Pro Whore though.

Herp Derp, Ammo iz betar thin KilStreeks

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 18:09:15

Randoms cant even get me kills. I just about always lose even if I go something like 29-4 and have spy planes or blackbirds up consistently.

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 18:42:27

So while playing Sharpshooter I killed someone with my knife and he said "USE YOUR GODDAMN GUN COLELC, USE YOUR GODDAMN GUN". You know he means serious business when he uses your name.

But then, I killed him with my gun near the end of the match and he yelled, "GODDAMN IT COLELC, GO CHOKE ON A DICK AND DIE".

I wish theater captured audio...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-29 19:44:24

At 11/27/10 05:52 PM, tyler2513 wrote: TY Game Review #1: Call Of Duty 7: Black Ops

I disagree with your review..

~Good~
Excellent graphics really transends even the previous game Modern Warfare 2 very good graphics.

Yeah.. No.. Not so good graphics this time.

Also the sound effects were really well added to the firearms especially very realistic sounds and such.

Agree'd. Superb sound.

The storyline wasn't that great but I suppose better than some of the Cod games especially Modern Warfare 1. It's Storyline didn't show much.

Once again, disagree. Best story of a COD game ive played so far. Modern warfare 1 also had a great story, MW2 was just total shit.

~Improve~
The storyline could have some more ideas or at least more to do with the Cold War than it supported. It didn't explain much about it's setting or anything really about the cold war leaving the player confused.

I agree it could have emphasized more on the the cold war and vietnam and such.. but i wouldnt go as far as saying it left me confused.. but thats properly cause i know my history.

The explosions could've been bigger or somewhat more improved like the others.

I agree here.

~Overall~
Fun game to play for a long while not a half hour wait for dinner game an all day hardcore shooter.

What?

8.5/10

Meh.. 9/10.

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 10:42:38

At 11/29/10 06:05 PM, TheJungleBunny wrote:
nervers

I was tired. LEAVE ME ALONE!

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 11:06:21

One thing I wonder about people is why they pay so much attention to the kill/death ratio stat. Me, I play pretty selflessly in Domination, willing to grab all the capture points I can, even if I risk getting killed because of it. And if the enemy team gets a Huey out, very often I immediately switch classes to specifically target it, knowing those things can decimate a team if no one takes care of them quickly enough. Needless to say, doing that sometimes makes me wind up in the red when it comes to KDR, but frankly, I'd rather have that and end up winning than getting a great KDR, but then lose because I didn't do crap to help the team get points or accomplish the objectives. Very often, games end and I have the highest number of captures.

My KDR is around a 1.30, which to me is still pretty good considering that still means I'm killing more people than getting killed, meaning its slightly above average. Regardless, that number still only represents one part of the player, and if you're only going by that number alone, you're not getting the full picture.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 11:18:12

Had to play split screen online with my cousin the other day. I still kicked arse though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 11:21:19

At 11/30/10 11:06 AM, RazorHawk wrote: One thing I wonder about people is why they pay so much attention to the kill/death ratio stat.

Because anyone can run around aimlessly firing shells.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 11:44:54

I think I'm gonna make a new account and get to level 50 without any kills

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 12:21:45

Finally picked up Black Ops (Ed Roony if anybody wants to play over Live sometime) and it's pretty much what you'd expect from a Call of Duty game. Action-packed single player that probably ends up feeling a little on the short side and a very polished and robust multiplayer offering with a large community of players. Zombies is fun, but I really miss the Spec Ops mode. Working my way through those with a friend on veteran was my favorite part of Modern Warfare 2.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 12:23:14

At 11/29/10 07:44 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Yeah.. No.. Not so good graphics this time.

I don't get why I've heard so many people say this.

Look at this picture and tell me that the graphics aren't fucking beautiful.

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 12:28:41

At 11/30/10 12:23 PM, IrishGun wrote:
At 11/29/10 07:44 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Yeah.. No.. Not so good graphics this time.
I don't get why I've heard so many people say this.

Look at this picture and tell me that the graphics aren't fucking beautiful.

Me too. I think they're just as good as mw2

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 14:55:35

At 11/30/10 11:44 AM, tally1989 wrote: I think I'm gonna make a new account and get to level 50 without any kills

waaaaahhhh? how? what challenges would even make this possible?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 14:59:31

Just played a game on Summit where everyone spawned on the same side of the map. Shit was epic.

And I just prestieged for the first time ever :D
I always seem to play really well if I'm the first level, I don't know why, happened to me on Bad Company 2 when I went on a different profile, and always seems to happen to me whenever I first play a CoD game online.
So I got to level 6 in my first game, and I think I'll end up prestiging maybe 2 more times, because it took me 24 hours to do it once, and I'm getting better so it should take me less time this run through.

Back to work on it tomorrow.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 15:18:44

I love this game, it's the best Call of Duty game in its franchise, but I feel like the online could use more contracts and more weapon diversity. Seriously, every gun is nearly the same, and only 4 pistols?! What the fuck? I do wish that a major patch changes around the guns so that they actually feel different, or they release a content patch for more guns. Aside from the lack of multiplayer weapon diversity (Dragon Shotgun in story mode is fucking awesome) I think this game is great. I wonder what's next in store for them to milk out of the franchise? WWI? Future Wars? SPACE BATTLES?

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 15:19:57

At 11/30/10 02:55 PM, narf wrote:
At 11/30/10 11:44 AM, tally1989 wrote: I think I'm gonna make a new account and get to level 50 without any kills
waaaaahhhh? how? what challenges would even make this possible?

You get points for objectives. like planting bombs capping flags and stuff like that

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-30 15:30:46

At 11/30/10 03:18 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: I love this game, it's the best Call of Duty game in its franchise.

CoD 2 for PC :)

but I feel like the online could use more contracts and more weapon diversity.

I agree.

Seriously, every gun is nearly the same, and only 4 pistols?! What the fuck?

There are 5, ASP, M1911, Makarov, Pyton, CZ75 (or whatever)

I do wish that a major patch changes around the guns so that they actually feel different, or they release a content patch for more guns.

Yeah, but I don't know how that was work, because being Activision it wouldn't be free, and not everyone would buy it, so it would make the game unbalanced, which it's done a good job of not being so far compared to the other CoDs. Though it would be nice.

Aside from the lack of multiplayer weapon diversity (Dragon Shotgun in story mode is fucking awesome) I think this game is great. I wonder what's next in store for them to milk out of the franchise? WWI? Future Wars? SPACE BATTLES?

I hope they do a Vietnam game, I though they really captured what Vietnam was like in the SOG mission, and I'd like to play a game full of that. I don't think Call of Duty will ever go to the future, not by much anyway, never to laser guns and what not, because as far as I'm concerned Halo is dominating that market and Call of Duty in the future would just be stupid.