00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,469 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 09:32:53

At 11/18/10 08:39 AM, Makeshift wrote: Has anyone gotten the classified SMG? Why use this shit when you could use the Ak74u which is 100x better? The Ak74u should be the classified SMG, in my opinion.

What about the shitty classified Assault rifle - the G11. Now that is gay. Apart from the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the 3 burst weapons, it just looks gay too.

MPL is where it's at :D
I don't like using the same guns as EVERYONE else.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 10:21:52

The leaderboard still says I have 282k kills lolwtf.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 10:32:08

At 11/18/10 10:21 AM, simon wrote: The leaderboard still says I have 282k kills lolwtf.

I also noticed this...

Uh, I was just playing a match and I was 1 kill from Attack Dogs. This would be my first time using Attack Dogs because I just changed my killstreaks to Spy Plane / Napalm / Attack Dogs... Anyway, I get this message from the game telling me I was signed out of PSN... I was not signed out of PSN, but I was kicked out of the game... Oh joy.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 10:52:28

At 11/18/10 09:32 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 11/18/10 08:39 AM, Makeshift wrote: Has anyone gotten the classified SMG? Why use this shit when you could use the Ak74u which is 100x better? The Ak74u should be the classified SMG, in my opinion.
What about the shitty classified Assault rifle - the G11. Now that is gay. Apart from the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the 3 burst weapons, it just looks gay too.

I think all of the classified weapons are a joke. Especially the classified shotgun. I tried it out with akimbo and I shot some guy with all 8 rounds, and he still survived.
The G11 is okay in my opinion. But the lack of attachments just make it fucking suck big time compared to the other assault rifles!

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 11:15:42

At 11/18/10 10:52 AM, tally1989 wrote: I think all of the classified weapons are a joke.

The classified LMG is alright (STONER93 or something), but I still prefer other guns.

Finally got Attack Dogs, along with my longest killstreak (16). I think my K / D was 58 - 10. This was during CTF.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 13:35:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9tjxUsZ3 Tg

My 6 man grenade kill with epic music :D

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 13:51:37

At 11/18/10 06:50 AM, Shnam wrote: I am pretty sure RC-XD is going to be bumped back to several more kills. I mean you can get that thing after two kills with hardline and it usually nets me at least one kill. Its basically a predator missile that requires less kills.

I don't really know if i agree on this. 5 kills for a predator missile was perfect. But since people can destroy your rc car and it's allot harder to actually find someone with it then with the predator, 3 kills seem alright. But then again the uav is also a 3 killstreak but it doesn't give you any kills, only show where your enemies are, which is probably why so many people choose the rc car over the uav. So I think 3 kills is fair enough for it, but I wish it was 4, so more people would use the uav.

If it was 4 I would also be able to have a uav, rc car and a napalm strike as my killstreaks. Which are very good killstreaks for demolition and hq, which I play allot!

I also wish they would allow us to use different killstreaks for different classes. Like if I use a rushing class, I want to use low killstreaks, like the uav, counter uav and care package. But if I use a class for defensive play, I want to use higher killstreaks, like the uav, blackbird and gunship. And it kinda sucks that I have to stick with the same killstreaks in the whole match.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 13:55:53

At 11/18/10 10:32 AM, Makeshift wrote: I get this message from the game telling me I was signed out of PSN... I was not signed out of PSN, but I was kicked out of the game... Oh joy.

ive had this issue from the start, happens every once and a while even when the games running perfect. I dont get it too often so it's not that big of a deal. It's just really random.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 15:29:30

does anybody other than me actually use the enfield?

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 15:37:29

At 11/18/10 03:29 PM, homsarrunner3 wrote: does anybody other than me actually use the enfield?

I do. For the contracts

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 16:19:02

At 11/18/10 01:51 PM, tally1989 wrote: I don't really know if i agree on this. 5 kills for a predator missile was perfect. But since people can destroy your rc car and it's allot harder to actually find someone with it then with the predator, 3 kills seem alright.

I disagree. I think it's so much easier to get a kill with the RC. Cos you have plenty of time to drive around and find somebody. It's easy to control, you can crash and still carry on. And even though it can be destroyed, it's fucking hard to shoot it. I swear to God, I shoot those things so many times but they don't fucking blow up. They should definetly be atleast 4 kills, if not 5.

But then again the uav is also a 3 killstreak but it doesn't give you any kills, only show where your enemies are, which is probably why so many people choose the rc car over the uav. So I think 3 kills is fair enough for it, but I wish it was 4, so more people would use the uav.

UAV>RC anyday of the week. Any smart player, and team player would choose the UAV. you say it 'only shows you where your enemies are'. That's the best thing you could want. You have an advantage over them, you know if they're coming from behind you etc...

I pretty much just use UAV-Blackbird-Dogs. Mainly because killstreak kills don't count toward your next kill streak (which I think is alot better) so you might aswell help yourself out to get to the higher killstreaks.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 16:29:30

At 11/18/10 08:10 AM, Makeshift wrote: IN PROGRESS
· Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions

Rare conditions? I got one from a care package and couldn't fire it because it kept fucking exploding instantly and killing me. I don't think dying like 4 times in a row from it is rare.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 17:13:29

At 11/18/10 04:19 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 11/18/10 01:51 PM, tally1989 wrote: But then again the uav is also a 3 killstreak but it doesn't give you any kills, only show where your enemies are, which is probably why so many people choose the rc car over the uav. So I think 3 kills is fair enough for it, but I wish it was 4, so more people would use the uav.
UAV>RC anyday of the week. Any smart player, and team player would choose the UAV. you say it 'only shows you where your enemies are'. That's the best thing you could want. You have an advantage over them, you know if they're coming from behind you etc...

I know it's the best thing ever, I agree with you. Bot most of the people are stupid kill whores. I even played hq once and this guy didn't want us to capture the hq at the end of the match so he could rack up kills. I ended up capturing it alone.
But sometimes I think the rc car is better. Like in demolition or hq. If you think the enemy is planting the bomb or defusing it in demolition, or capturing or destroying the headquarter in hq, then I think the rc car is better then the uav. I would rather have a little explosive car going in and killing everyone around the objective then have a uav up and have to go in myself, where I'm gonna end up dead in most cases.
But besides that, the uav is always better then the rc car!

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 18:01:29

I too use the Spy Plane more than the RC-XD as I like winning more than doing very well, but it's still pretty useful in objective games such as CTF to kill a hiding flag carrier. It'd be nice if enemy RC-XDs were always on the radar to avoid them easier such as predator missiles had, or if they just made them significantly slowly and therefore easier to hit. I don't seem to have as much of a problem as all my friends do. They are really loud, so if I hear one I usually sit still till it passes.

^Really bad job of transitioning topics.

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 19:51:04

Here's my proof that this game has 'Commando' integrated as a permanent feature of the game.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 22:55:25

Worst part about the update.

I was so upset when i saw this.

I also fucking hate how shitty the connection/servers are.

fml.

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 23:17:48

At 11/18/10 11:02 PM, Jawdyn wrote:
At 11/18/10 10:55 PM, Kool-Aid wrote: FUCKING AWESOMEST PART OF THE UPDATE EVER!
fixed

my crossbow montage is processing

fixed

By the way, I look forward to this montage.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 01:49:50

The most important thing for me is the part where they made it so groups of friends wouldn't get split apart while trying to join a game. I haven't even tried out the game for this yet, but if the headache of spending more than 5 minutes trying to join a game with others is gone then I will be enjoying it much more.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 03:25:21

Well, I just got Black Ops... Installing now.

Please don't disappoint.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 04:51:22

At 11/19/10 03:25 AM, ironraven24 wrote: Well, I just got Black Ops... Installing now.

Please don't disappoint.

So long as you don't have massive hype for it (like mw2 massive) it shouldn't dissapoint

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 07:25:48

You know what would be fun? throwing a live grenade back and forth between 2 people with flak jacket pro

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 07:51:26

I was gonna prestige for the 2nd time this weekend, but I have to go out. Damn you social activities.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 08:04:21

At 11/19/10 04:51 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote::
So long as you don't have massive hype for it (like mw2 massive) it shouldn't dissapoint

My expectations were; better than Modern Warfare 2. It has definetely exceeded Modern Warfare 2 in terms of fun.

I've played Multiplayer for about three hours now, and even with the shitty studdering, it's way more fun than Modern Warfare 2 could ever be. I'd even personally say it would be as enjoyable as cod4, without the studder. Though in a different way, of course. So Treyarch, please hurry up with that optimization patch.

I have yet to play Zombies, or Singleplayer.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 08:05:37

At 11/19/10 07:57 AM, doberman7 wrote:
At 11/19/10 07:51 AM, simon wrote: I was gonna prestige for the 2nd time this weekend, but I have to go out. Damn you social activities.
NO LIEF.

Also, I'm getting close to first prestige as well if I keep on playing I could probably get through all the prestige levels quickly.

Prestiging goes way too fast, or it might just be me. Or it might be the fact they've got 15 levels now and it's the equivalent to 10 on the previous games, either way I'm not complaining.

Also I played with a 4th prestige yesterday, lmao.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 10:17:07

At 11/19/10 07:25 AM, tally1989 wrote: You know what would be fun? throwing a live grenade back and forth between 2 people with flak jacket pro

hot potato! private match that shit!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 12:46:25

If you prestige in multiplayer and unlock the extra custom classes, are they available to use on combat training?

Only level 22 online at the moment. It bores me when I play on my own so I don't even bother but since only one other friend actually plays this game i'm predicting it's going to be a slow climb to level 50.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 12:55:04

Is there any way to NOT keep joining fucking games in progress??

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 17:20:56

At 11/19/10 05:03 PM, darksytze wrote: my callsign > your callsign

No, no, not cool. Too many generic shit icons. People put no time or effort into theirs :/

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 17:41:52

My latest video... I feel like such a champion.

One in the Chamber: 5 kills, 10 seconds.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-19 17:48:28

what's better, ballistic knife or dual wield python?

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco