00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most emotional game?

3,450 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 05:43:38

Which was your most emotional game experience? Mine would either be the ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 or the ending of Final Fantasy 7.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 05:56:12

Heavy Rain (Tears in Rain) or in GTA IV when Roman Died... (depending on what choice you made....)

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 06:12:11

Either Persona 3 or Terranigma for me.

P3 for sad character deaths and ending, Terranigma mostly for the ending.

Why Shinji, why? Oh also, spoiler.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 06:48:25

Suikoden 2

Basically you start off in the army with your best friend and then you guys all get attacked, you and your friend (Jowy) escape and make it to a cliff. You both make a cross on the cliff then jump into the river, saying that you'll meet there if you get seperated.

Anyway you both make it to the same village just by the river and you work for a bit before you guys decide to return to your home village to find Jowy's little sister. You arrive there but get stopped by the army or someone who thinks you're spies. You are about to put you to death when you get recused by two people you befriended in the village you landed in.

Anyway you guys escape and do rpg stuff, go to shrines, get runes, battles, make friends with some major who then eventually gets you and Jowy do a spy mission against the army that invaded at the beginning but Jowy gets caught though he catches up with the party later.

More time passes, and DUH DUH DUH Jowy has killed the major woman and done a runner, he's now working for the army!

So he's gone from your party then you play the game working to bring down the army while recruiting people and fighting against all kinds of rpg weird creatures, and blah blah. In the meanwhile Jowy has married Prince Lucas sister and is now a high ranking army person just belw the prince who gets his father killed so he can rule everyone.

Eventually you kill Lucas (he is a tough fighter) and Jowy is the leader through marriage. You find out that he wanted to create peace by joining the bad guys, he didn't think you'd get so far against them.

You defeat the army, Jowy flees. You find him at the cliff where you both said you'd go if seperated, you have a talk, then depending on your actions in the game (how many stars of destiny you collected), the ending will play out in two ways. The first if you didn't get all the stars, is you talk then Jowy decides that you need to fight, and you fight, win and then he lays dying talking about the runes you both have and that he wants you to become a good leader, then he collapses and you catch him and hold him ;_;

The other ending basically Jowy tries to fight but you tell him no and defend and he gives up then talk about stuff then you guys make up and eventually after a long talk you both leave together and go to the village where Jowy's sister is and at the end it just shows you three together. That ending is less sad, it's the other one that is so tragic, and the ending most people will get as getting all the stars is painstaking.

Great game. I didn't do it justice with my summary.

Most emotional game?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 07:35:33

for me final fantasy VII

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 07:40:20

Final Fantasy X-2

It was so bad that I cried.

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 08:04:56

At 4/17/10 05:43 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: ending of Final Fantasy 7.

You're a little bitch. I'd kick you so hard in your manhood.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 08:16:15

FF13 ending is well sad.

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 08:32:56

At 4/17/10 08:26 AM, Sekhem wrote: what do you mean emotional? angry or sad or ?

Any emotion. Anger, joy, sadness. Any game that leaves an emotional effect on you while you're playing it or when it's finished can be considered emotional, regardless of what emotion it's conveying.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 08:55:51

Death of gray fox in MGSTS

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 09:32:38

i cant realyremember the name but one part is sad it was like somelike ff7 or kingdom hearts 2

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 09:36:50

At 4/17/10 08:26 AM, Sekhem wrote: heavy rain's attempt at provoking emotions is silly, as if you're supposed to care about nameless* children who annoy the fuck out of you

There are other characters who I felt quite strongly for. Especially Norman Jayden, probably because he served as the classic "underdog" type character. Not to mention, his "other addiction" ending brought chills to my spine. Poor guy. :(

*ok after screaming JASON/SHAWN about 50 times they don't count as nameless

No they sure don't.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 10:39:30

GTA IV made me feel sad at the end with Dimitri not with Pegorino as much...

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 11:11:01

And the sheep says: Final Fantasy 7.

In all seriousness: Persona 4 and Sakura Wars, the former having actually made me cry, the latter coming pretty damn close at some points.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 13:07:14

The ending of Mafia is pretty sad, I don't want to ruin it for people, so I suggest those who haven't played it to try it out (for the PC at least)

"I don't got nothin'... but I'll give what I got"

-The Nightwatchman

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 13:20:08

In Legendary Starfy, when Bunston said how his parents died when he was a baby, I was all like "What is this? Final Fantasy?" and then I raged even more when you're fighting Mashtooth, Starfy gets beat the first time and Moe is all like "We'll defeat you because we have something more powerful than anything... FRIENDSHIP" suddenly Starfy springs back to life and you have to fight him again and Starfy goes Super Saiyan and you fight Mashtooth in space. This game isn't sad emotional, but it's got so many Japanese children's game stereotypes in it, that you'll rage so much.

But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's a very fun platformer.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 17:12:10

Metal Gear Solid 3

Goddamn, breaks me up every time.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 17:18:04

At 4/17/10 05:12 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Metal Gear Solid 3

Goddamn, breaks me up every time.

That was the first Metal Gear Game I ever played and it was the consummate game of the PS2. I played that game to death and loved it. The ending wrapped up the story in a way I had never seen before, I had never even played a game with as powerful a story as MGS.

In the end however, the most emotional game for me was probably Shadow of the Colossus. Throughout the game even though I felt somewhat bad for killing some of the Colossi I was always rooting for Wander and his cause.

He suffers through so much, wills himself against giant monoliths who don't even deserve to die by his blade. He loses his best friend (allegedly), all to save the love of his life.

SPOILER ALERT:

In the end however, it was all a cruel deception by an evil god. He loses his self and is destroyed without mercy. He doesn't die, but in being reborn he loses his humanity, and carries a stigma for geneations to come.

SPOILER END:

It all seemed very unfair to me.

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 23:47:38

Okay, you're going to make me say it...

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
SPOILER: When Xion dies... And Roxas cries about it... That entire scene was so sad, it damn near brought tears to my eyes.

Okay, now I'm starting to lose my balls just listening to myself, now... I'm going to shut up, and see what you guys have to say about it.

It's okay... I won't make you lose THE GAME...

(You see whut I did thar? Herp-a-Derp)

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-17 23:56:34

Metal Gear Solid 3

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 01:03:11

I get anger by dying in pretty much every game =D

But I'm sure you mean sadness.
I don't think I have played any that have made me sad :/

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 01:17:57

Twilight Princess at the end.

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 01:22:31

Half Life 2 Episode 2
Didnt have me in tears, but valve kicks so much ass that it hurt me.
Oh, and F.E.A.R. Poor girl....

i make music and stuff, i guess

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 01:25:56

GTA III when that Black guy died.

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 03:28:35

The bit in Gears of War 2 when Dom's wife,Maria,dies after Dom spent years looking for her.
:(

Don't mess with me

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 03:35:20

At 4/17/10 11:11 AM, KeithHybrid wrote: And the sheep says: Final Fantasy 7.

Bah bah.

Yeah the game has one of the most memorable sad moments in gaming history. People will mention it. Get over yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 03:38:23

The ending of Shadow of the Colossus.
You keep on playing expecting things to change but it just keeps getting worse and worse until you finally end up in your own demise.

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 05:31:13

Mine was in GTA 4 when kate dies :(

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. - Homer Simpson

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 07:30:57

Halo 3 when Master Chief dies. NO!

Response to Most emotional game? 2010-04-18 07:39:24

for me it would be the ending of cod4 or Mass effect

Surprised?