00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boayne98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your homeland

4,536 Views | 76 Replies

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 12:37:49

At 4/13/10 01:21 AM, LittleMissVixen wrote: - being able to rely on someone to hold the door open for you
- them saying thank you when you hold the door open for them

The hell are you saying about the rest of us?

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 12:40:45

Ireland

Pro's
People are friendly.

Cons
People are computer illiterate,
Slow internet speeds
Drinking streotypes.

Zune Social ID : Daboyzofwexford/ AVA ID : Tehcamper

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 16:15:53

Reading your bright narrations of your homeland reminds me on the weather today.

Rain

Man, really; i would never get the idea to list the pros and cons of my homeland in a list. In a LIST, damnit! A LIST ABOUT A COUNTRY! Whats going on in your brains, guys? Your destroying glory of your homeland! Why not narrating bright and cool about your homeland? Why?

I will never understand what caused you to get this idea. But surprisingly popular thread i mean. But also quiet empty, dumb, unfunny... and useless >:(

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 16:25:41

Great Britain:

Good:
We gave birth to america
We didn't become like america

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 16:46:08

At 4/13/10 04:25 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Great Britain:

Good:
We gave birth to america

Waaaaaah, shut up!

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 17:20:43

At 4/13/10 01:10 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: That's because they are. Literally every day I was harassed, confronted, treated like shit, and generally had to either fight my way through or grin and bear it, depending on what situation I was in. You haven't experienced the reality of England.

Haha what a fucking pussy whats the matter chavs steal your buss pass once or something? Honestly you probably deserved the stick, you sound like a whiny little bitch try and live in a third world country where civil war and serious crime is as common as finding gum on the street. I love England its a bit rough in places but i sure as hell couldn't call anywhere else my home im used to the food, culture and the people who you seem to think are complete assholes we just enjoy a bit of banter is all and you took like a spoilt teenage girl thank fuck you pissed off to where ever the fuck you are!

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 17:20:53

The amusement parkkks.

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 17:22:07

At 4/13/10 04:25 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Great Britain:

Good:
We gave birth to america

Hehehehehehehe, we got a bit like it though =P

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 17:23:16

I like Charlotte, North Carolina because they have decent sports teams and a good school system.

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 21:07:21

I'm the first Brazilian here?

Your homeland

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 21:25:40

At 4/13/10 03:18 PM, LittleMissVixen wrote: but I'm not gonna lie: every time I visit the good USA (which is a lot because I have a summer house there), I never get a door held for me. And if I hold it, nobody says thanks.

What part do you visit? Because I know for a fact hear in this part of Jersey we got plenty of polite people for the most part.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 21:26:29

I live in the United States of America....

*sigh*

Your homeland

Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-13 22:00:05

The United States of America, and more specifically, the New York Metropolitan area, is my homeland. Yes, it is vital to say Metropolitan area. We might as well be a different state than everybody north of Putnam County,

Anyhow, things that are awesome. First off, the food. I live in a small suburb, but the nearest vilage includes a Greek diner, two pizzerias, two Chinese food resturants, an ice cream parlor, Barbeque, an Italian restaurant, a traditional American resturant, and a grill. This is an average group of a few stores. And that is nothing compared to the actual city. You will never run out of things to eat their, of all styles, origins, and prices.

Next off, politics and religion. We tend to be liberal around here (by American standards), but there are relatively few political or religious taboos. Once again, my neighborhood includes Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, Anglican, Christian Orthodox, Orthodox Jewish, Reform Jewish, and Sunni Muslim places of worship. This does not include a large number of irreligious and atheist people who would probably ignite if they hanged out in a church too long. And guess what? Nobody minds. At my high school, people freely talk about their faiths and argue about them. Same applies to politics, sexuality, race, etc. People are open about that sort of thing.

Another great thing about my homeland: massive common courteously. People assume that New Yorkers are asocial because they wear black, often don't acknowledge eachother, and rush through their days. But when crisis strikes (9/11, Blackouts, etc.) people react calmly and maturely, and are willing to help perfect strangers.

Now for a few of our negative traits: we are a bit snobbish about the rest of the country occasionally, we are not the most hospitible people, and we are whores for quality products. Still, I like us.

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-14 00:42:44

Alright
I'll go from town to country
Elk Point, Alberta, Canada

Elk Point - Really small town with a population less than 2000, The town is pretty multicultural, but you can divide the personalities of the people into 4 sections: Arrogant and stupid, Stoners and Alcoholics, the friendly people, and the natives.
The arrogant and stupid people couldn't know what's best for them if it hit them in the head. It's because of these stupid fucks that the dinner I'm eating at Grad consists of FINGER FOOD.
The stoners and Alcoholics are the people who definately feel the confines of the small town and feel there's nothing better to do but smoke pot or drink alcohol; they're usually completely perverted and reasonably stupid.
The friendly people are pretty uncommon in this town, since it's a community, the friendly people tend to help eachother out once in awhile. There's not much to say but they're friendly, which is a pretty good thing. Some of the friendlies consist of stoners or alcoholics.
Then you get the natives. Don't get me wrong, there's a few here that a really nice and are pretty sociable. But this town is surrounded by reservations. With reservations come the most stereotypical natives in the world. These people consist of the first two groups ALL THE WAY, so there's not much else to explain about them.

The air in town is more breathable than the city, the education here is absolutely amazing, the winters are so cold even by wearing boots you could still get frostbite, but the summers are nice and warm, never too hot. The lakes around here suck though, usually consisting of leeches or the itch. And that's it for the town.

Alberta, All I can really say about the province itself is that I REALLY HATE ED STELMACH. Budget cuts left and right, and goes by no other means to get money to repay a debt. The guy's a fucknob and needs to be replaced.

Canada - Hate stephen Harper, love the free health care, and I like the multiculturalism.
The one thing I hate is the people that don't bother trying to learn to speak english (or french) when the majority of the population speaks english (or french)

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-14 00:45:23

I love lamp

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-14 01:36:21

I fucking hate the U.S. for the constant bullshit that's spewed is nothing short of annoying, everybody's all pissy about politics, the majorty of fucking morons who don't know what they're talking about, and there are idiots ruining companies, starting an uproar of gamers everywhere (Infinity Ward, Activision, and the forming of Respawn Entertainment).

The good shit here? Few-and-far gaming companies that don't suck, a president who isn't made fun of, kick-arse bands, Newgrounds, good comedians, and a whole bunch of other shit that's real awesome etc.

I really fucking love this country. A lot.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Your homeland 2010-04-14 02:25:23

I live in USA.

Best thing about this place is the different big places you can travel to. Like New York, L.A, or Seattle. Texas is also a great place with bunch of cool people that have great personalities. Better than California as I can see anyway.

Anyway, the US is a great country if you live in the right states.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!

Your homeland

BBS Signature