00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hello, Gents. I am from the future.

28,934 Views | 375 Replies

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 22:38:41

Ok a story on how you got your job at the place you work at.

Also are there more or less jobs in the future?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 22:55:14

At 4/8/10 10:38 PM, 00Nick00 wrote: Ok a story on how you got your job at the place you work at.

Hrm. That's not a very long one.

I needed money, so I went to a retail store that I knew had 4 employees instead of the traditional 5, ad asked for a job. I was deemed socially competent enough to join, and so I did. A year later, I am manager.

Hmmm...

Ask me about something outlandish for your time. Any story you guys would find enormously interesting given my culture.

There are always more positions that need to be filled. Unemployment rate is practically zero.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:00:06

I am saving this thread and printing it. In about 40,45 years i am going to find you. Your transport will be public knowledge I am sure. When I find you 1 of two things are going to happen. I am going to have you introduce me to your sister and me you and her are going fuck, i will fuck your sister with my genetically enhanced 70 inch dick. If that does not happen i will shake your hand and say thank you for telling me of the future prior to the future.

I will time jump/dimension to your universe just to meet you.

If you are from the future go ahead and tell me which of these i did and tell me my name. Cause i am a very reliable person and i am sure i will find you before you are sent to this time/dimension.

?
How does lost/popular show of today end?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:01:34

At 4/8/10 10:55 PM, Jaggadisha wrote: Hmmm...

Ask me about something outlandish for your time. Any story you guys would find enormously interesting given my culture.

OK. How is your culture? Anything completely different about it that will make us caveman go ape shit over?

There are always more positions that need to be filled. Unemployment rate is practically zero.

You said some people are poor. How can people be poor if unemployment is zero?

Are they just lazy?

Pm me about anything, you cumdumpster.

Yes, I know I'm going to hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:08:17

Well, you've covered major bases from religion to sexuality.

What religion do YOU practice, then?

Also, when was this time travel technology invented, and what's the most serious fuck ups you guys have done?

When such fuck ups do occur, how do you stop them? Do you go back in time and kill yourself before you do whatever it is you were going to do?

Time travel is a very touchy issue. I've read enough science fiction to realize that it's something that can be a great tool or a dangerous weapon. Have any evil geniuses came up with time travel technology?

And what about holograms? I know we can use holographic discs as a storage media these days, but are they actually able to create the sci-fi talking holograms that we see in the movies?

Are children who aren't genetically altered looked down upon in society?

I've got a load of questions. I'll let you answer these first.

Captain Diabetes is BACK.

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:09:57

At 4/8/10 11:01 PM, Ghyfty wrote:

OK. How is your culture? Anything completely different about it that will make us caveman go ape shit over?

Well, there's the sex thing, for one. It's now legal for there to be sexual relations between students and teachers- given that the student is 14 or above and the sex is never public.

And sex ed class is veeeeeerryyy different

Uhh...

Nobody sues anybody anymore. For any reason. Most problems are settled by sports- whoever wins, wins. Physical competitions.

Hmm...

Bodybuilding no longer exists because the most muscular people were genetically enhanced to be that way- it's no longer a sport.

My High School had Pajama Day.

There are now sets of morality laws dictating proper treatment of androids and servitors- mostly machine, given human intelligence. Usually a prison sentence.

Nobody owns guns anymore. Not because we can't we just don't.

You said some people are poor. How can people be poor if unemployment is zero?

Are they just lazy?

Bad jobs, mostly. Factory jobs.

At 4/8/10 11:00 PM, sorryhalofreak wrote: I am saving this thread and printing it. In about 40,45 years i am going to find you. Your transport will be public knowledge I am sure. When I find you 1 of two things are going to happen. I am going to have you introduce me to your sister and me you and her are going fuck, i will fuck your sister with my genetically enhanced 70 inch dick. If that does not happen i will shake your hand and say thank you for telling me of the future prior to the future.

I assume you liked my story about her...? But if you have a 70 inch one, I recommend you to my female friend that i mentioned earlier.

I will time jump/dimension to your universe just to meet you.

Godspeed.

If you are from the future go ahead and tell me which of these i did and tell me my name. Cause i am a very reliable person and i am sure i will find you before you are sent to this time/dimension.

When I get back, I'll be sure to check if you're at my door step.

?
How does lost/popular show of today end?

How did I Love Lucy end?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:16:59

At 4/7/10 12:44 AM, Jaggadisha wrote:
At 4/7/10 12:39 AM, AlphaCentauri wrote: Do I still come to newgrounds?
Newgrounds no longer exists in the future, along with most websites.

What the HELL kind of future is that?!

sandwich-eater: you know shits about to go down when you're taking a shit, and gravity is present.

Twitter - Tumblr - Pickle

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:18:14

At 4/8/10 11:09 PM, Jaggadisha wrote: Nobody owns guns anymore. Not because we can't we just don't.

----

So dose that mean crime rate is a lot lower or are the guns to power full now people are afraid to use them?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:24:09

I'm also from the future. Year 3064 to be exact. Too be honest everything from 2010 onward was extremely boring and uneventful.

If you have any questions about the fourth millennium feel free to ask. I'll answer promptly.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:24:17

At 4/8/10 11:18 PM, 00Nick00 wrote:
At 4/8/10 11:09 PM, Jaggadisha wrote: Nobody owns guns anymore. Not because we can't we just don't.
----

So dose that mean crime rate is a lot lower or are the guns to power full now people are afraid to use them?

Both, but I don't think the two are related. There's just a lot less need to own a gun these days.

At 4/8/10 11:08 PM, ApotheosisLost wrote:

Well, you've covered major bases from religion to sexuality.

What religion do YOU practice, then?

I'm an atheist.

Also, when was this time travel technology invented, and what's the most serious fuck ups you guys have done?

Invented around late 40's, I believe.

One man was sent back into the past to gather records on the knowledge of state officials during WWII. We didn't psych test him enough, because he immediately went back and killed Hitler- easily done when you know where he'll be and when. The resulting events jumpstarted the Cold War too hot, and fighting between Russia and America started in Eastern Europe. Then, nuclear holocaust. Billions dead.

The man was executed when he got back.

When such fuck ups do occur, how do you stop them? Do you go back in time and kill yourself before you do whatever it is you were going to do?

We don't affect our own dimensions, only other ones. We don't know how to travel into the past of our own dimension, only how to go to younger, identical dimensions. There is no way to fix these fuck-ups.

Time travel is a very touchy issue. I've read enough science fiction to realize that it's something that can be a great tool or a dangerous weapon. Have any evil geniuses came up with time travel technology?

No. Anybody can build them, but it takes far too much energy to use them. Ridiculous amounts.

And what about holograms? I know we can use holographic discs as a storage media these days, but are they actually able to create the sci-fi talking holograms that we see in the movies?

Yes, actually, they should be out by 2020. They don't have AI, but they sure look nice.

Are children who aren't genetically altered looked down upon in society?

No, but they are pitied a bit. This often drives them to succeed enough to get altered later in their lives.

I've got a load of questions. I'll let you answer these first.

Go right on ahead.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:28:29

I said i would find you before since I didn't. I can only assume that either i died, i didn't find you, or this is all bullshit.

It is possible i am dead by the time you travel but with medicine developing at a fast pace this seems unlikely. In a age where ram is terabytes i am sure information is not that hard to get a hold of. Also considering you dodged everything i said it can only mean you are a fake.

Give me a break I love Lucy? Do you expect me to believe that someone would send back a person as ignorant to the time as you?

Newgrounds bow down to my superior intelligence for I have beaten the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:32:22

So, what you're saying is, some children aren't fortunate enough to be modified?

Is holographic sex looked down on?

Is it even possible?

Medically, besides genetic alteration, what's the most important advances you've made?

Cure for aids?

Cure for cancer?

Have you at least been able to prevent any new cancer from forming?

You say you work in retail. What type of retail? Electronics? Fiberglass?

You also have mentioned meters instead of feet. Does that mean America has finally adopted the metric system?

So you executed the guy who killed Hitler, even though it didn't affect your time at all?

Do you think that there could eventually be a permanent link between these dimensions? For example, could your society now permanently link itself to a society in the past, and progress the world further and further?

Does time travel work both ways, or is it only the past you can travel to?

Also, tell some more stories of how people have fucked up time.

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:32:24

what time did u jump?

Screw Scrambler

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:34:51

At 4/8/10 11:28 PM, sorryhalofreak wrote: Give me a break I love Lucy? Do you expect me to believe that someone would send back a person as ignorant to the time as you?

He's not asking you how it ended. He's making a comparison - He's telling you that Lost will end similarly to I Love Lucy, and all TV shows in general. Everyone falls in love, has sex on the island one last time, and then it's nuked from the sky by missiles.

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:35:15

At 4/8/10 11:28 PM, sorryhalofreak wrote: I said i would find you before since I didn't. I can only assume that either i died, i didn't find you, or this is all bullshit.

So you're waiting 40 years to go to a dimension that I live in to travel to the dimension of your time?

It won't even work, it doesn't make logical sense. I'd have to wait until I return home before I have a chance of meeting you.

And even then you'd need to convince your government that meeting me is worth using enough power to sustain a country for a week.

It is possible i am dead by the time you travel but with medicine developing at a fast pace this seems unlikely. In a age where ram is terabytes i am sure information is not that hard to get a hold of. Also considering you dodged everything i said it can only mean you are a fake.

No, I doubt that you are dead.

Give me a break I love Lucy? Do you expect me to believe that someone would send back a person as ignorant to the time as you?

Seeing as how I'm here to return with a bunch of CD albums, yeah, I think I can afford to not know much.

Alrighty son.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:35:36

At 4/7/10 01:52 AM, Jaggadisha wrote:
The Everett-Wheeler model of quantum physics is correct. I am technically in the past of a dimension that is exactly the same as my own. As such, time paradoxes are impossible.
We don't affect our own dimensions, only other ones. We don't know how to travel into the past of our own dimension, only how to go to younger, identical dimensions. There is no way to fix these fuck-ups.

I thought you said that you came to an identical dimension? The everett-wheeler model states there are parallel universes decided by the "flip of the coin" reasoning?

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:38:57

At 4/8/10 11:28 PM, sorryhalofreak wrote: I said i would find you before since I didn't. I can only assume that either i died, i didn't find you, or this is all bullshit.

The I love Lucy question could be answered but not by me. The question stated of a show any show of my time and how it ended. I love Lucy is popular and is still watched but its one example. Ask me how star trek voyager ended and i could tell you. Ya dodge my question with a question.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:43:48

Seeing as where talking about dimension now what would this dimension be called?

Also what about the dimension that got missed up would all the others after that be missed up in some way?

It also sounds like you still got the death penalty in the future so what do people get put to death for in your time?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:50:21

At 4/8/10 11:35 PM, Jaggadisha wrote:
So you're waiting 40 years to go to a dimension that I live in to travel to the dimension of your time?

It won't even work, it doesn't make logical sense. I'd have to wait until I return home before I have a chance of meeting you.

How would you have to wait. I could travel before you left meet you without you realizing what i'm doing i could talk about my username and you could connect it right now. I was joking about banging your sister I just want you to prove your own statements. If you are effecting me now i could plan out what i do so you know it is me the person you talked to before you left.

And even then you'd need to convince your government that meeting me is worth using enough power to sustain a country for a week.

if what you say is true then a private company would do it for me and i could finance it.

Seeing as how I'm here to return with a bunch of CD albums, yeah, I think I can afford to not know much.

Seeing as how people collect stuff someone could donate some old cds to your government and your job would be meaningless. If America is willing to dump that much power for cds from are time that i am sure someone has kept. Its only been 40 to 50 years dude. cds have a lifespan of at least 100 years. If i could go on ebay and buy something from 1900 over a 100 years a go. You cannot bullshit me with this mission for cds when they mass produce them now.

Alrighty son.

You still haven't said anything to prove me wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-08 23:54:08

The I love Lucy question could be answered but not by me. The question stated of a show any show of my time and how it ended. I love Lucy is popular and is still watched but its one example. Ask me how star trek voyager ended and i could tell you. Ya dodge my question with a question.

I was pointing out that if you don't know how a TV show from 50 years ago ended, what makes you think I would? I'm not a genius, nor a professional at anything, really. I just am.

At 4/8/10 11:35 PM, REDSPADES wrote:
At 4/7/10 01:52 AM, Jaggadisha wrote:
The Everett-Wheeler model of quantum physics is correct. I am technically in the past of a dimension that is exactly the same as my own. As such, time paradoxes are impossible.
I thought you said that you came to an identical dimension? The everett-wheeler model states there are parallel universes decided by the "flip of the coin" reasoning?

Sorry, I was kinda wanting to throw out a big word early on to make myself sound more legitimate than I probably am.

We work off a modified version of it, sort of. I think.

Basically, as far as we can tell, all actions and reactions are completely calculable. Given all prior information and enough brainpower, and the fundamental laws of the universe, one can predict all of the future. As such, there is no free will, and all universes have to be the same, unless altered by people from another. The only difference we can see between the dimensions is how old they are- the Universal Primaris (The first universe) of the oldest, and the newest ones are presumably still undergoing the creation of the universe.

At 4/8/10 11:32 PM, ApotheosisLost wrote: So, what you're saying is, some children aren't fortunate enough to be modified?

Right. People on government aid cannot apply for unnecessary modification. Most modifications can, however, be performed later in life, with surgery, should the children get out of the welfare net.

Is holographic sex looked down on?

Yes.

Is it even possible?

Yes.

Medically, besides genetic alteration, what's the most important advances you've made?

Well, if the immortality procedures that are still underway work, that would be it. If not, being able to fuse man and machine is pretty awesome.

Cure for aids?

Cure and vaccine.

Cure for cancer?

Mostly. Our cells are very resistant to carcinogens now- if a person lived for a hundred years next to a radioactive waste dump, yeah, they might get cancer. Treatment has improved vastly, too.

Have you at least been able to prevent any new cancer from forming?

Above.

You say you work in retail. What type of retail? Electronics? Fiberglass?

Clothing. Clothing and music, actually.

You also have mentioned meters instead of feet. Does that mean America has finally adopted the metric system?

The time travel programs are run by a world science organization, controlled by America and Europe- the organization uses meters in their calculations, I'm just quoting them. America is still the only country to use standard.

So you executed the guy who killed Hitler, even though it didn't affect your time at all?

Well, his actions did lead to the death of billions. We didn't have much of a choice.

Do you think that there could eventually be a permanent link between these dimensions? For example, could your society now permanently link itself to a society in the past, and progress the world further and further?

Yes, in fact, it's already possible. Our favorite dimension to travel to- the one currently set in 1966 or so- has been visited by over a dozen travelers. The more you breach a dimension, the easier it gets to enter. We have a hotlink with it, practically. I am the first to enter this dimension.

Does time travel work both ways, or is it only the past you can travel to?

Think of it this way. All dimensions are differentiated only by time. See it as a slope. The farther down you go on the slope, the farther you have to travel, but at least you're going downhill. Going into the future dimensions (uphill) take a lot more energy. We don't know why it works this way, but that's how scientific advancements go. One big discovery, and 50 years afterwards to understand it.

Also, tell some more stories of how people have fucked up time.

Hmmm... There aren't many apart from that, but one guy supposedly accidentally killed a musician from the 20's. Not sure why or how. We're a lot more careful about this stuff now.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:00:57

At 4/8/10 11:50 PM, sorryhalofreak wrote:

How would you have to wait. I could travel before you left meet you without you realizing what i'm doing i could talk about my username and you could connect it right now. I was joking about banging your sister I just want you to prove your own statements. If you are effecting me now i could plan out what i do so you know it is me the person you talked to before you left.

You would go to my dimension, one that you don't even know, due to the fact that I haven't given you a specific date and it's always changing, to meet me? You'd have to get through your government first, and then you'd have to find me before I jumped, before I became publicly known. If you want to meet me after I jumped, you'd have to wait until I get back home to meet me, unless you want to convince MY government to let you, a person from a different dimension, to go to ANOTHER dimension on their money and interfere in the mission of another person to settle an argument?

It's one thing trying to meet me, but you're trying to meet my dimension's me without knowing who I am.

if what you say is true then a private company would do it for me and i could finance it.

Seeing as how people collect stuff someone could donate some old cds to your government and your job would be meaningless. If America is willing to dump that much power for cds from are time that i am sure someone has kept. Its only been 40 to 50 years dude. cds have a lifespan of at least 100 years. If i could go on ebay and buy something from 1900 over a 100 years a go. You cannot bullshit me with this mission for cds when they mass produce them now.

CDs stopped being sold around the 20's, everything was digital by then. Of course, prior to that was the internet takeover, and later, the internet crash. A lot of digital records were lost. You think I would have been sent on a whim? We've lost thousands of years of knowledge when the Great Ancient Libraries were burnt, don't you think we might have lost a few things when the internet blew up?

It's not like I'm here to pick up Beatles CD's or anything that easy to find.

Alrighty son.

Yes I have. You argument is starting to wear me out- If you don't believe me, I'm fine with that, but please don't waste my time.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:03:01

What is defined as an unnecessary modification? Where do you draw the line?

If biotics has advanced so far, what about synthetics? Say a person is destroyed, but the brain survives. Is it possible to build a body around the conciousness?

That being said, how common are artificial limbs and the like? Is it easier just to biologically enhance body parts rather than completely replace them with synthetics?

Are there any superhero enhancements, like enhancements that allow you to pick up cars or throw small children thousands of feet in the air?

Have dolphins mated with people to form peoplephins?

Are dolphins intelligent?

Is your retail store a franchise, or is it independantly owned and operated? Is it new, or would we know the name of it?

How has the record industry progressed?

Who won the mp3 market eventually, iPod or Zune?

I read somewhere that a man was able to link up his mind directly with like prostethics and stuff. He was on the verge of linking his mind with the internet. Is a similar process available in your time?

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:12:53

At 4/9/10 12:00 AM, Jaggadisha wrote:
At 4/8/10 11:50 PM, sorryhalofreak wrote:

You would go to my dimension, one that you don't even know, due to the fact that I haven't given you a specific date and it's always changing, to meet me? You'd have to get through your government first, and then you'd have to find me before I jumped, before I became publicly known. If you want to meet me after I jumped, you'd have to wait until I get back home to meet me, unless you want to convince MY government to let you, a person from a different dimension, to go to ANOTHER dimension on their money and interfere in the mission of another person to settle an argument?

omfg dude. you said that time travel was open to the public the technology was out. A private company not affiliated with the government could send me. You have given me information to find you. Like the store you work at had 4 people needed 5 your in California. I am sure you have given out some more info to. I could find before you jumped and tell you my username. The FBI of my time and find people i am sure i can find you.

It's one thing trying to meet me, but you're trying to meet my dimension's me without knowing who I am.

You said our dimensions are the same whats the difference.

Ya ignore a important fact.

CDs stopped being sold around the 20's, everything was digital by then. Of course, prior to that was the internet takeover, and later, the internet crash. A lot of digital records were lost. You think I would have been sent on a whim? We've lost thousands of years of knowledge when the Great Ancient Libraries were burnt, don't you think we might have lost a few things when the internet blew up?

If the internet crashed information would not be lost it has to be stored on servers seeing as there are a lot of servers i doubt a virus/ anything could beat that. Even if it was possible antiviral software would advance as anything else would. Not to mention the whole point of the internet is for it to never be blown up/ destroyed.

It's not like I'm here to pick up Beatles CD's or anything that easy to find.

Alrighty son.
Yes I have. You argument is starting to wear me out- If you don't believe me, I'm fine with that, but please don't waste my time.

Whats starting to wear on me is the fact you are constantly ignore parts of what i say and only answering the parts you can partly disprove.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:19:29

Have they managed to cure my AIDS yet, after over 50 trillion deaths to the blasted disease i'd like to enjoy life past my 20's

Is Mongolia the top nation in the world yet? Have we regained our national prominence and finally taken over that narrow eyed zipperheaded China again?

Finally, Please tell me the Bills won a Superbowl by now

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:26:08

alright, I have a couple (actually, allot) more questions... and it's only fair that I get to answer yours.
have they tried fuseing human DNA with animals? and does it look like some huge deformed.... thing, or this? why were you sent? I mean, you wouldn't be sent back to answer our stupid questions... I think. were you sent to get some info on our time or somefink? have you guys tried going forward in time? what can your cell phone do? (I mean, nowadays, a phone can do allot, so It must be able to do more things) I've made a post earlier, about future laptops........... is this possible, and have they found a way to make it not look like a purse? are domestic animals genetically enhanced too? what are some good movies? and that's it!

oh, and I checked out that band, liquid tension experiment. It was pretty good, I like them. have you heard of bowling for soup? name's weird but they pretty good too.

whatever...

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:31:05

IS newgrounds.com still up?

100 Post 10-23-09

200 Post ??-??-??

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:34:35

At 4/9/10 12:31 AM, GoldenHero22 wrote: IS newgrounds.com still up?

no, along with most of the internet.

whatever...

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:40:41

What do you hope to accomplish with this thread? What is it's purpose?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 00:56:08

Alright I have a pretty interesting question:

There is the theory on alternate realities/dimensions that are based around choices, if someone has a choice to make, it creates alternate dimensions based around the choices that person can make.
I have reason to believe that if a person were to create a fiction character in this dimension/reality, it would create another universe based around that fictional character.

That being said, what if I were to imagine a dastarly evil character bent on the destruction of an entire civilization in YOUR dimension? Could I screw it up entirely?
Not that I would, I'm just curious to see if the human mind is that capable of destruction.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 01:05:10

About the guy who killed Hitler thing, was this in an different dimension? 'cos i'm still alive.

Also, you couldn't go back in time to kill that guy right before he killed Hitler?

Pm me about anything, you cumdumpster.

Yes, I know I'm going to hell.

BBS Signature