00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lintire's Art String

79,668 Views | 393 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Lintire's Art String 2010-04-04 20:16:41

Because thread was too easy to say.
I've decided to go ahead and start posting my stuff here because well, I fancy myself a bit of a potential artist. Although I've really got to go ahead and start developing my own style and whatnot, for now I'm just really drawing everything and anything that takes my fancy. Yeah.
Erm...
I'll just begin with the latest and go from there. I suppose all (from this one onwards) will probably be posted on my profile with a longer commentary and everything, but it'll be nice to have some sort of progression thingy tracker. GRAW.
This one is a space marine. Smoking. On a dreadnought in the middle of some ork.
'Nuff said.

Also, why in the hell is it forcing me not to have a .png image? All other image types suck in comparison to this superior image format!

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-05 01:35:04

Here we go - another piece of art, completed about 10 minutes ago. The loss of quality this image system creates when shrinking is horrendus, and being forced to use gifs is horrible, but hey? What the fuck are you going to do.

I actually got the idea for this one from listening to the Kingdom Hearts OST. Cookie if you care to guess which one. Also, I'm fairly sure the technique I use for colouring is same as the ones used for speedpainting. Fairly sure.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-05 07:18:42

I've got the creative bug today.
Here's my first try at speedpainting. Because Hank is awesome.
Easier than I expected, but wasn't exactly a "drop and give me twenty" thing. That is, I still had to think. Which defeats the purpose of why I do art.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-05 16:50:34

I like the first one.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-05 16:52:26

I choose the second, I'm a sucka when it comes down to demonic swords.

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-05 23:31:16

Thanks for the replies. And, erm, for the record - first one featuring the dreadnought and all took more work, line-art wise, but the second had way more colouring effort put into it. Although the demon still doesn't really look like the burnt corpse it was meant to resemble.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-07 04:24:17

I would have posted this one later and all, but I was too busy being banned =D
Anyway, has a bit more sketchiness to it than I would desire, but what are you going to do. other than do it properly next time. Yeah...
It's different, as you can observe.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-07 04:47:41

Okay, this was a 30 minute "I'm bored and banned so let's make something with pretty lights in it to while away the time". I know the lineart is incredibly crap, but it was basically just sketched out asap. Oh well, I'll just post it here anyway.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-07 08:46:15

Here's something I submitted to the NDC collab and all.

In case it gets blammed an all.

I really don't any style, but I do know that I have to work on my digital painting techniques.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-07 08:47:20

Ups... erm... heres the actual thing.
I hate jpegs even more than gifs.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-07 09:29:51

Fun with smudging! I don't like how the picture itself turned out, not at all, but at least i have this knowledge of smudging (not to be used in such great extent, but good for kicks) for the future.
Meant to be a sci-fi mask of mine. Ack, well.
Pixel mask. Generates your thoughts. Nifty little device.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-07 10:05:44

Something I also stuck in the Pokemon Gijinkas thread.
Hmm... still not sure if it belongs there.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-08 06:29:32

Have I scared everyone off this thread? Seriously? Perhaps I didn't just invite enough critique.
If you want to comment, critique, or just fucking troll, feel free. I don't care. I jsut want some damned comments.
Anyway, here's another art piece. 4-5 hours work. About half an hour on the half-arsed background =3

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-08 10:46:37

I'm posting this here because I fucking feel like it.
The first version of this was basically an attempt to get in the collab with as little preparation or planning as possible - ie, what I pulled out of my ass. It happened, but I went back and did it properly because I discovered I actually liked doing Gijinkas, and didn't want a piece of my crap flying around the collab.
Still have to do MewTwo. Tomorrow. It's 1am. Shssh.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-10 04:17:50

I'm going to resize everything from now on jsut for the sole reason that the resizing thing butchers my images after giffing them has all ready mutilated it. Mind you, my arts crap to begin with. Finished the MewTwo thing, but can't be half-arsed to post it here. So heres a draft of an image I was considering using as a user image (on my NG page, to spice it up and shit).
I'll post another draft in about an hour and a half, I'm testing out themes and shit.

Also, jpgs from now on. Artifacting, sure, but not letting me shade?
Cross that, gif. My jpeg was too big. Man, I suck.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-10 09:35:37

Oh god my hurt, the buuuurn from wrestling with my damned internet. Jesus.
Never mind, here's an alternate picture I'm probably going to use instead of the former. My first lineless art. Didn't think it too bad.
FUCK - I've had to reconnect 3 times while writing this.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-10 09:37:56

Let's see.... I can say your art is pretty decent, not bad but not that good either. Maybe because of the bad quality of the lines. It just needs a few tweaks and cleaning up and you have yourself beautiful art.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-10 09:59:08

At 4/10/10 09:37 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Let's see.... I can say your art is pretty decent, not bad but not that good either. Maybe because of the bad quality of the lines. It just needs a few tweaks and cleaning up and you have yourself beautiful art.

That's just sizing issues. Most of it is huge (in the 1000 pixel or so column), and the resizing doesn't take kindly to gifs, at least. I'd resize them and re-post them, but I can't be half-arsed.
Or were you referring to the linework itself? Yeah, it's pretty crap =3. I should get working on it.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-10 14:03:52

Your stuff is...different. But not that bad.
Try coming up with your own ideas and work on your art style a little bit.
Oh, and why is a Space Marine on top of an Ork drednaught. Oh well, whatever.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-10 23:32:08

At 4/10/10 02:03 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Your stuff is...different. But not that bad.
Try coming up with your own ideas and work on your art style a little bit.
Oh, and why is a Space Marine on top of an Ork drednaught. Oh well, whatever.

Different? I... err.... okay. Thanks. Not quite sure how, but okay. I suppose most of my stuff is simply fanart of other stuff, and I'll have to work on some original ideas of my own. I'll dig them up somewhere. Don't worry.

Oh, and fail Warhammer 40k knowledge =D. Orks don't have Dreadnoughts - just Killer Kans and RompaStompers. By "sitting in some Ork" I meant that mush around the feet =3

Thanks for commenting.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-11 10:48:14

I'm posting all my art in jpeg form now - turns out, that doesn't get chppy when posted here (over-sized pictures, anyway). That should fix the choppy linework problem.

Here's my second attempt for the NDC. First one got blammed =3
Looks pretty cool, when you shrink it down to a fiftieth of it's size. I think I need to work on detailing.
And colouring.
And general linework
And learning not to suck.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-11 10:56:02

At 4/11/10 10:48 AM, Lintire wrote: I'm posting all my art in jpeg form now - turns out, that doesn't get chppy when posted here (over-sized pictures, anyway). That should fix the choppy linework problem.

Here's my second attempt for the NDC. First one got blammed =3
Looks pretty cool, when you shrink it down to a fiftieth of it's size. I think I need to work on detailing.
And colouring.
And general linework
And learning not to suck.

I must admit, that newest piece of yours is amazing. Compared to your older pieces, it blows them away. Keep doing tour art like that, and there'll be some tough competition in the NG Doubles 10!

ARTARTART If home is where the heart is, then aren't you screwed.

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-11 11:06:09

At 4/11/10 10:48 AM, Lintire wrote: Here's my second attempt for the NDC. First one got blammed =3

I like it, but I have a few problems with it:
Since it's for the NDC collab, i think the lines in the background should be more visible.
this is easy to fix, if you did it in photoshop, you can just copy the layer with the lined paper on it, place it on the top of all the other layers, and play around with layer behaviors and opacity!

The other thing is that the guy in the middle looks a bit blurred.
This is not as easy to fix, but really, you should just increase the contrast between the colors, and use a bit harder brush!

Good work though!

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-11 11:33:30

At 4/11/10 10:56 AM, InTheBlue wrote: I must admit, that newest piece of yours is amazing. Compared to your older pieces, it blows them away. Keep doing tour art like that, and there'll be some tough competition in the NG Doubles 10!

Thanks - it's my third try at lineless. I'll have to keep this up, then. Really, I thought I was doing a horrible attempt at art. Guess the only way to go is up.

:I like it, but I have a few problems with it:
Since it's for the NDC collab, i think the lines in the background should be more visible.
this is easy to fix, if you did it in photoshop, you can just copy the layer with the lined paper on it, place it on the top of all the other layers, and play around with layer behaviors and opacity!

:The other thing is that the guy in the middle looks a bit blurred.
This is not as easy to fix, but really, you should just increase the contrast between the colors, and use a bit harder brush!

:Good work though!

Well, theres my problem right there. I used an airbrush. This is now an official no-no. I'd go back and redo it, but it's kinda 1:30am. That, and I'm not sure I can resubmit. Well, I probably can, so there's no excuse. I guess I'll sharpen it subtly enough for it to have the appearance of something not representing a literal eyesore. Thanks for pointing that out.
Probably would have done squat about it, otherwise.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-24 01:26:18

I'm deciding whether or not to post the mountains of concept and crap I've done in the 2 weeks I've been gone. Might be too much of an effort to re-save them as a jpeg.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-24 08:17:24

Righto - I've fin'd all my converting. I suppose I'll just post them in the order I drew them.
Not bad for two days work.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-24 08:19:02

Here's the second (theres four)

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-24 08:21:23

Jpegging really helps when it comes to linework surviving being scaled down. For that, I suppose I can forgive the artifacting.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-24 08:23:04

Last one, y'all!
These are all renders, mind you (I just stuck the scanned background back on), So I'll use this one (a render of my character, incidently) for a signature. Won't that be fun?

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-24 11:13:59

I'm posting this here before I get a chance to change my mind about it.
Anyway, it's a signature (another, but I was just demonstrating) using the aforementioned render I drew for shits and giggles.
Lots of drawing involved. Jpegs almost bigger than the png.

Lintire's Art String