00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac10 - April

8,487 Views | 43 Replies

Mac10 - April 2010-03-31 11:19:23

Welcome to the (not so) Monthly Audio Contest 2010 - April RINGTONE theme.

Submission entries in this thread only, all discussion go in this thread
please!

Artwork by:

Captain-Ben.

Mac10 - April

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-03-31 11:20:41

Ringtones?
- BRING BRING DING DANG BÅNG BLÖÖp!

- More or less everyone have their own cellphone - or similiar device with telephone-functions - nowadays. Most people likes to personalize their gear with shells, colours, design - and of course ringtones.

- Rather certain, there's one or two of you out there who have a song/loop from the NG AP on your cellphone already, but of course it'd be different with tunes made especially for this purpose (OP used to have a PX9 tune as ringtone. Giggle. ^___________^)

- Contest entries with some kind of lyrics/spoken word is something we like to hear. Because it's awesome. Even EXTRA awesome if there is collaborations between audio-artists and voice-actors, that's like OMFG two thumbS+ up, guises, the judges will LURVE this!!!!

- You can look for voice actors in Voice Actor Wanted. Or just use this thread to talk with your fellow NG'ers, maybe you'll find a perfect partner to hook up in here!

- Althought prefered, including spoken/sung words is not a requirement. Humouristic ringtones just might stand a better chanse.

- With Pico Day coming up, it'd be cool if ringtones could be made somehow NG-related. This is not a restriction of some sort, but it will be duly noted with an agent-styled nod of understanding in the judging-process if the ringtone indeed is NG-related.

- If you don't like them weird VA's to be part of your work, but you still want some kind of spoken/sung words in your contest entry, but you don't know how to voice-act yourself - check the voice-recording wiki for tips/inspiration.

- On an ringtone-unrelated but contest-related note, don't forget about the NG Hip Hop Competition '10 submitted by tingtonger, if you're into Hip Hop!

Awards
1st) 50USD store credit OR cash
2nd) 30USD store credit OR cash
3rd) 10USD store credit OR cash
4th) 10USD store credit OR cash
5th - 10+) a friendly lol.

- Top four submissions will also be featured on the NG Frontpage for roughly a week or so. MMMMMM... FEELS GOOD!

- The top four who are entitled to the credit/cash awards should choose between credit OR cash as soon as possible, and PM Rucklo this choise.

Entering the Contest, Basic Rules
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what´s OK to upload and what´s not, check this old thread. Basically, you must not submit material that include samples you have no copyright/permission to use. This mean you are NOT allowed to use voice-samples from f.ex. a movie, a copyrighted record or simililar.

2 - Make a ringtone according to the NG submission rules. BRING RING!

3 - Submit the ringtone to the NG Audio Portal.

4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage (just copy/paste the URL on a new line). You risk of not being in the contest if you do not post links to your songs.

5 - In case you're working with a cover (which is NOT encouraged...), include the original song title. You should pay tribute to the original artist by mentioning his/hers/theirs name in the descripton, if it doesn´t fit in the songtitle.

6 - For this contest, you may submit any number of tunes. However, if you submit pure crap/spam, your entries will be excluded.

7 - Please submit music using ONE account, or make clear that you're the same person. Do not breake any of the rules stated in this thread. If we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending your mal-actions, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in the discussion thread too, of course. If there are posts that are irrrelevant for the contest/spam, a BBS mod will clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk serving some time banned from the BBS.

8 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread BEFORE APRIL HAS ENDED! If you cannot post for some reason, PM or e-mail Rucklo and enter a valid reason why you can´t do it yourself, we will then make sure your contest entry gets included.

9 You are NOT ALLOWED to submit old pieces of music to this contest. All contests must have been submitted to the NG Audio Portal. later than the date and time this contest-thread was submitted.

10 - LOL! Or else. Yeaaaah, you know it's truuuu |..|, >:(

Additional info:
- The rules/guidelines might change slightly as the contest is running. Most likley nothing major, but stay tuned to the discussion thread just in case! The actual judging process will depend on the number of entries.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-03-31 11:21:10

MAC9 - March Crewmembers and their positions (in no specific order):
Mrmilkcarton - Of course we needed some kind of inanimate object with a sour stench to act as a judge, duuurh...
Captain-Ben - This dude came up with the screwed up but amazing piece of art posted at the top of this thread. I wan't a phone like that! :O
jarrydn - Latest addition to the BBS-mod force act as a judge. But watch out, he's still in "practise-banhammer-on-anyonecrossing-hi s-path-mode"! :O
LJCoffee - Mascot, guarding the glee.
TomFulp - Owner and creator of this site, providing this contest with all awesome awards and some glee.
MaestroRage - Mascot with orange-juice
Rucklo - lieks mudkips
DarKsidE555 - A German junge, but he can't help it so pl0x no mad on his. :(
- More judges might be added, if so they may or may not be announced...OMG WTF! :O

Previous contests based in the Audio Forum:
MAC9 - March KID-SONG THEME a.k.a. "Who's your daddy?"
MAC9 - Valoltines
MAC8 - Claiming New Grounds
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
MAC8 - Feb/March Pillars of Pico!

MAC7 - December 8-bit Christmas
MAC7 - November DnB / Ambient
MAC7 - June CASTLE CRASHERS theme.
MAC7 - May REDESIGN, FRONTPAGE THEME!
MAC7 - March (+April) PICO LOOP theme.
MAC7 - February PICO TREASURE HUNT!

Mrac06 - December
Mrac06 - November
MAC6 - October X-MAS theme
MAC6 - August TANKMEN theme
MAC6 - July OPEN CONTEST

Heaviest riff ever competition! (2006)
March Contest (2006)
Battle of the Audio Portal (2005)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-01 17:34:47

God why is it that im like th first to submit? Anyways i decided to make the most Awsome Ringtone EVAR!!!! So here my MAC10 entry!

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-01 20:23:36

Here's my first one, i'll try to make a few of different genres =3

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-01 23:30:06

Here's my second! Don't worry, i'll wait to post any more, i'll let some others actually post songs now =3

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-02 11:12:07

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-02 12:16:12

I mixed it so it can be easily put on your phone and heard, and enjoyably at that.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-02 14:36:03

I is creative.

Cause we all know that's what our ring tone ends up being.

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-02 15:45:09

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-03 15:54:24

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-04 15:27:15

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-05 12:18:25

BBS Signature

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-06 14:59:43

Well, here's my first entry. I hope to come up with something more interesting for my next one.

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-06 15:19:51

Ha, didn't know I was only alowed two uploads a day, so here's my crappy UNS UNS parody tone.

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-07 13:29:01

Hello ! Here is my entry for the contest :

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-17 13:10:55

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-18 07:09:49

BBS Signature

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-18 09:20:18

Here is my entry :)

Your Phone is Ringing

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-19 01:50:55

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-19 18:46:08

Not very original at all and it sucks my nuts.

Ive been waiting for a MAC so I made a song anyway.

RUCKLO <3

</suckingdick>

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-20 01:26:35

I've been meaning to make a ringtone of my first single but never got to it. This is the perfect opportunity! If there's a girl in your life who is always on your mind, set this as her ringtone...

The song was written by me, the beat was produced by my friend and fellow Newgrounder maer808, and the singing was done by my friend Magic Mike Z.

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-22 21:29:48

Shag and I have been sitting on this for a couple weeks, worked on several versions, and came up with this track for the competition. Send it to your phone via this link. Enjoy!

Also check out http://shaggyhaired.newgrounds.com/ because his beats are just too dope.

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-23 23:56:38

Articulation by art

Instagram @ Sequencer1

3D, Music, Dance, Make

BBS Signature

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-24 06:20:21

Hi! I'm SBB and this is an alt that I use when I post too quickly with my other account for the system to handle. I'm very happy to meet you.

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-24 09:00:41

First of all, allow me to, according to the rules, make it clear that the accounts called SantaBro and Grillpie belong to the same person

With that out of mind, here's a little tune I made for the sole purpose of making your phone awesome! Whenever you get a call, people will high five you so much you forget to accept the call!

fgh

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-24 19:57:01

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-25 13:06:11

one moar!

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac10 - April 2010-04-25 14:07:48

i hadn't posted it in this thread in the right format before. Didn't want it to completely ruin my chances.