00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10

17,180 Views | 198 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Welcome to the Official Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition! Read the rules!

NGHH MC Knock Out: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1156 335
NGHH Art Competition: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1156 335

(The Sample Battle is missing, I will put the sample kit together and post that info tomorrow)

Below you will find a list of competitions you can enter! To enter a competition from this thread you need to make an audio file of 2:00 to 4:00 minutes in length that follows the rule under each description. Then upload the track to Newgrounds with the following name convention:
"NGHH - COMP - Artist Name" Where COMP is the competition you are entering. For example, were I to enter the sample battle it would be "NGHH - SAMPLE - tingtonger" Once uploaded please post your links to this thread. Judges will be appointed and info on that will be given out later. So, here's the comps!!

NG SAMPLE BATTLE
The NG sample battle doesn't require much explanation. All sounds in the beat must be sampled from Newgrounds audio on the NG audio portal. Points will be given for creative and diverse samples, among other things. So get digging through the audio portal! You need to include a link to every audio submission you use in the description of your audio submission.

THE COPYRIGHT FREE BATTLE
NO SAMPLES ALLOWED! You may use VSTS, record instruments, vocals, beatbox, etc. You may use sampled drum beats ONLY if each noise is initially recorded seperately, ie you've got a snare sound, a hi-hat sound, and others that you then put together to form the beat. In the description of your track please explain what instruments and sounds were used in the song.

TIME TRIALS
This is a team comp; MC's will pair up with a producer (only one MC and one producer per track). Anything goes, as long as it follows the theme and the MC rhymes with the words provided. Producers get points for how well they use the movie and MC's will get points for using and rhyming with the word (s) provided.

Theme: Two 70's Films.This means each pair of people PICKS TWO MOVIES FROM THE 70's! You can sample sounds or just create a lot of sounds that mimic the movie. Also, you can mix the styles together, or have half of the track be the first movie and the second half the other one, etc. Try to choose movies with solid soundtracks so you have a lot to work with.

MC Lines:Cantankerous, orange, purple, Nerf Gun, electroencephalograph, Newgrounds, Langston Hughes, Slutface McGee, defenestrate, bladder infection.

BATTLE FOR NEWGROUNDS
Newgrounds has several hip hop crews. It's time to drop the formality and see who really holds the nuts of this website. All groups may enter only one submission, and this song should serve as an anthem for the crew. Additional points will be given for successful collaboration with all members of the crew. Start working on this track now! Also, please sign the crew in this thread. I, to begin, sign KOA up.

Good luck my hip hoppers! There will be prizes, but they will be announced later!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 03:28:54

Great. Looks like I'm going to be working towards the sample free, and possibly the time trial. I don't know about the NG sample comp, depends on how much time I find.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 09:04:09

Sounds good! I'm excited to hear the NG Sample Comp in particular, I'm really curious as to what people will dig up from NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 15:18:40

Okay so for the NG sample battle,

do we h ave to find our own drum samples from NG submissions, or do we use our own?

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 16:17:32

At 3/31/10 03:18 PM, shaggyhaired wrote: Okay so for the NG sample battle,

do we h ave to find our own drum samples from NG submissions, or do we use our own?

You've got to find your drum samples from NG submissions. Absolutely everything must be NG sampled!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 19:32:09

Aye Shaggy, Get at me on the time trial

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 22:38:04

Sign me in the NG sample competition

any challengers yet or am i still the only one?

DJ Delinquent. Musically Performing Armed Robbery

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 22:41:02

I'm in there too, already started ;)

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-03-31 23:04:19

SAMPLE BATTLE

I have put together a sample package! You will be judged on how creative you are with the samples. Don't just throw a drum beat over a song and call it done; you want to show off here. Let us see just how much you can slice that sample up. Also, creative uses and microsampling are recommended. BE INNOVATIVE!! You may only use audio from the sample pack. I spent a good chunk of time putting this pack together, think carefully about how all the things fit together! You don't have to use all of the sounds.

Newgrounds Hip Hop Sample Battle Pack

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-01 00:13:55

Fuck Kevin Bacon, I wanna see a Time Trial Threat, jacked up bacon bullshit. Whats the time limit on the time trial, PM me if you up a new thread

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-01 02:57:56

Kill Bill you quit NG and now ur tryna come back cus wer finaly doing something intresting?

go fuck your self

DJ Delinquent. Musically Performing Armed Robbery

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-01 03:10:07

I'll join the copyfree battle. I'll submit something real soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-01 08:45:38

I join the Copyright Free battle and will be uploadin soon...

whos my main competitor then?

O.O

IMA KONQUER THE WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-01 12:13:41

At 3/31/10 11:04 PM, tingtonger wrote: SAMPLE BATTLE

Count me in.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-01 12:41:59

Let me at'em! Let me at'em!

THE COPYRIGHT FREE BATTLE

Count [S-Rock] in.
I'm gonna bring some ass kickins and whatnot

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-01 19:44:57

Well here is my beat..

THIS IS WHAT FEELINGS SOUND LIKE

peace

-¦- CKC -¦-

IMA KONQUER THE WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 00:53:24

People, join the Sample Battle and the Time Trials!! I spent a lot of time putting together the packages and rules, those ones should be fun to do!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 11:03:28

Okay so I was thinking about the song I wanted to use and I found one of my hardest hitting songs.
if you got Big speakers then don't be afraid of this song.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 11:09:05

Ill join and make beats, BUT WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE ACAPELLAS?!?! this really pisses me off

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 12:26:43

LOL

I'll probably give it a shot man, what the hell, my buds say I'm pretty good at MCing haha

Not very experienced on making Hip Hop beats though... :O

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 16:55:31

Joey Keys' Submission for NGHH Copyright Free Battle

Yah, didn't think I was even going to bother but, I did :D
Get at meee

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 19:01:24

Are effects fair game as well for the sampling?

~Mike~

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 19:06:53

I'm willing to pair up with an MC for time trials. Just need to find an MC. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-02 20:13:19

~Mike~

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-03 03:51:33

YESS COUNT YA BOI IN ON THE SAMPLE BATTLE!!

LET'S GO!!

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-03 11:49:45

There happens to be no due date, that's sort of important -.-

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-03 15:58:19

Hey tingtonger, you need anymore judges?

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-03 16:58:30

I could finally finish a track for the contest. Here it is, enjoy listening!

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-03 17:42:37

ShaggyHaired's Sample Pack Battle Entry

There's my entry for the samplepack battle.

It's kinda mediocre. I got bored :/

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-04 00:19:34

ATM and Shaggy, hit up the time tiral - NGHH - Time Trial - Lyrik/Shaggy Good times. Hope theres a turn out for the "Time Trial" which seems to have no time limit at all. HAHA, WE FIRST THO BITCHES, LOVE IT OR DIE, BUAHAHAHAH