00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Solve this little Riddle

1,710 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 16:50:03

Some of you may know about other dimensional planes, as in, "More Directions" for those who don't understand. Well I have a question, if there is a 4th Dimensional plane, where does those that direction go to? And remember, the law of the 3rd Dimensional plane still works even if there are like over 9000 thousand dimensional planes.

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 16:52:31

The physics geeks will undoubtedly tell you that 4th dimension has been defined as Space-Time.

As for "directionality" I think when you start talking about 4th+ dimensions you have to assume that our concept of "direction" no longer applies. If you try to think of the 6th dimension as "going somewhere" on a plane, relative to the 1st 2nd and 3rd ones you'll just 'splode your brain.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 16:52:31

That's not really a riddle. I think that's pretty much just a question. And an unanswerable one, at that.

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 16:56:40

GREAT none of you made ANY kind of jokes, EVER.
All of you are actually thinking, seriously what happened to you Newgrounds?!

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 16:57:25

Intellectual thread? In my General? This is now about graffiti.

Here's a piece done by SALTY from his 3rd (or maybe 4th idk) blackbook...

Solve this little Riddle

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 16:58:14

At 3/27/10 04:56 PM, GlebGuy wrote: GREAT none of you made ANY kind of jokes, EVER.
All of you are actually thinking, seriously what happened to you Newgrounds?!

Well, that wasn't really the best setup for comedy.

You can't expect me to hit a home run off of a thrown grounder, if you take my meaning.

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 16:59:10

I have a riddle: What likes cocks, fleshlights, and non-intellectual shit?

The General forum on Newgrounds!

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:01:59

What's the difference between 2nd dimension and 1st dimension in graphics?

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:03:22

At 3/27/10 05:01 PM, Makakaov wrote: What's the difference between 2nd dimension and 1st dimension in graphics?

I figure they're interchangeable. Depends on your orientation. X and Y axis dealio.

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:05:23

Since we only exist in 3 spatial dimensions, there is no way for us to describe what a 4th spatial dimension would appear like.

Just like if you asked a creature that lives in a 2 dimensional universe what a third dimension would look like, they would be unable to describe it since they have no concept of volume. A 2 dimensional being would move along a plane of 2 dimensions, length and width, with no concept of what height is.

Also, if you think about it, as 3 dimensional beings, we only ever see things in 2 dimensional components that are arranged in our 3 dimensional space. When we look at a box, we aren't looking at a volume, we're looking at 2 dimensional planes that are arranged in 3 dimensional space to create a supposed volume. Using this logic, a 4 dimensional being would see everything as volumes arranged in 4 dimensional space, creating a structure of some kind that we could not even imagine.

If you're interested in the subject of spatial dimensions and how beings of different dimensional universes would interact in other dimensional universes, I suggest reading "Flatland." It explains these concepts pretty well and is an interesting story about how we perceive the dimensional universe around us.

Solve this little Riddle

Those who fight Kid only seek to amuse him.

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:06:48

At 3/27/10 05:00 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 3/27/10 04:59 PM, Chocomilk wrote: I have a riddle: What likes cocks, fleshlights, and non-intellectual shit?

The General forum on Newgrounds!
Oh, I was going to say GlebGuy.

Oh, that too.

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:07:20

At 3/27/10 04:57 PM, SirWolfy wrote: Intellectual thread? In my General? This is now about graffiti.

Here's a piece done by SALTY from his 3rd (or maybe 4th idk) blackbook...

Sorry, tis actually SEZR from CA.

Here's another one (this is done in markers in some blackbook... pro right?)

Solve this little Riddle

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:09:44

At 3/27/10 05:05 PM, Kid wrote: It explains these concepts pretty well and is an interesting story about how we perceive the dimensional universe around us.

Why is there a two headed monster watching your presentation?

I like the volume-perception perspective. Great analogy for explaining to visual-types (e.g. me).

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:10:49

At 3/27/10 05:05 PM, Kid wrote: Mind Blowing Stuff

You spoke, you explained, you made good points.
What the FFFFFUUUUU--

Solve this little Riddle

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:14:17

At 3/27/10 05:09 PM, Zerok wrote: Why is there a two headed monster watching your presentation?

They're sitting close together and are silhouettes with very little definition since I'm the more important part of the image. Since the picture is 2 dimensional, you cannot see the distinction between the two silhouettes

See what I did there? DIMENSIONS!

Solve this little Riddle

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:15:03

Here, these two videos might help you with a better concept of dimensions... at least the first 10.
Link 1
Link 2
If you're brain hurts after, watch it again. It's easier to understand the second time around.

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:16:09

At 3/27/10 05:14 PM, Kid wrote:
At 3/27/10 05:09 PM, Zerok wrote: Why is there a two headed monster watching your presentation?
They're sitting close together and are silhouettes with very little definition since I'm the more important part of the image. Since the picture is 2 dimensional, you cannot see the distinction between the two silhouettes.

I think it's a monster from the 7th dimension and you're just too scared to admit it.

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:17:29

At 3/27/10 05:14 PM, Kid wrote: They're sitting close together and are silhouettes with very little definition since I'm the more important part of the image. Since the picture is 2 dimensional, you cannot see the distinction between the two silhouettes

See what I did there? DIMENSIONS!

I'm still shocked.
Who are you and what did you to Kid.

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 17:52:19

At 3/27/10 05:15 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Here, these two videos might help you with a better concept of dimensions... at least the first 10.
Link 1
Link 2
If you're brain hurts after, watch it again. It's easier to understand the second time around.

That takes time into account, and other concepts related to time and chance. When you're talking about spatial dimensions it gets more difficult to explain since we have no way of describing fourth dimensional space in our frame of reference. We have concepts of time and duration, so it's easy to combine space and time and view time as another dimension beyond space.

Pure spatial dimensional analysis is different from universal dimensional analysis because it mostly involves beings of different dimensional construction interacting with each other. Unless a three dimensional person is brought to a world of 4 dimensions and allowed to move withing 4 dimensional space, there is no way for us to really describe what 4 dimensional constructs and movement are.

Again, I suggest reading the book "Flatland" as it explains these ideas in an interesting way. A 2 dimensional being (a square) is visited by a 3 dimensional being (a sphere). The 2 dimensional being living in Flatland sees everything as lines, with a degree of luminosity which they learn to determine shape and distance of everything. When the sphere comes into the plane of flatland, it is seen as a flatlander would see a circle, however, this circle can grow and reduce in length and luminosity depending on how far the sphere goes through their plane of reference. The sphere is also able to go in and out of locked houses, cabinets, anything it wants because it is able to pull away from from the 2 dimensional plane of reference and go back in wherever it wants.

The sphere takes the square out of flatland and into spaceland, where the square can now view all of flatland because it is in another frame of reference. When it was in 2 dimensional space, it could only move in 2 dimensions, now that it is taken into 3 dimensional space, it can look straight at all of flatland and see everything in a different way. When the square asks the sphere what higher dimensional lands exist, the sphere gets angry and sends the square back to flatland, ignorant of his own theories being applied to higher dimensions because he himself cannot understand them only living in 3 dimensions.

The square has dreams about places called lineland and pointland where there are 1 dimension and 0 dimensions respectively, lineland having all of its inhabitants living in a line, side by side, not moving anywhere, only seeing what's directly in front of them as a point. And pointland just consisting of 1 being alone with nothing to see.

So, the formula of what we see and how we perceive it is that in our dimension, we see everything in the form of 1 dimension lower, arranged in our dimensional space. 0 dimensional being sees nothing. 1 dimensional being sees a point having 0 dimensions, 2 dimensional being sees lines having 1 dimension, 3 dimensional beings see planes having 2 dimensions. So a 4th dimensional being would theoretically see volumes having 3 dimensions that are arranged in 4 dimensional space in some way to create 4 dimensional objects. And unless we know what it's like to move through 4 dimensional space, we have no way of understanding the structures that can be created in their perfect forms.

Solve this little Riddle

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 18:02:13

Most people say that in a spatial sense, the fourth dimension of movement is called "across", or "through". The fifth dimension I don't know about. The sixth dimension has velocity as an actual direction of movement through space-time complete with it's own axis. Good insights?

ahaha god damnit i'm here.

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-27 22:30:58

You could search for the 10th dimension videos made by 10thdm or 10dm on Youtube. He said that the 4th dimension was the flow of time and then everything above that would be leading up to every possible choice imagineable. Even slight as being one atom to the left in one particular moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Solve this little Riddle 2010-03-29 18:10:15

At 3/27/10 10:30 PM, letiger wrote: You could search for the 10th dimension videos made by 10thdm or 10dm on Youtube. He said that the 4th dimension was the flow of time and then everything above that would be leading up to every possible choice imagineable. Even slight as being one atom to the left in one particular moment.

So if the 4th dimension would be time wouldn't that mean that the 4th dimension could view us in any time they want?

And does this mean that the lower the dimension the easier the math gets coz without 3d things math's would be a lot easier.

reply=function(){ post_count++; penis_size=(Math.pow(post_count,exp erience)); dignity--; trace("you idiot, why did you do that for?"); }