00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

12,944 Views | 61 Replies

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-18 17:24:57

This reminds me of history class. Ah Neocolonialism. Social Darwinism, etc.

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-18 17:35:10

The Na'vi wanted to keep their unobtanium and had politely turned down the humans' offer to help them live different lifestyles. They liked their current lifestyle and wanted to be left to live in peace. They seemed to be real nature enthusiasts, in case you couldn't tell. So, therefore, the idea of cutting down trees and destroying habitats kinda upset them, ya know?

Also, it's just a frikkin movie. Geez!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-18 18:05:41

At 3/18/10 04:56 PM, MuyBurrito wrote:
At 3/18/10 04:54 PM, nickiboy333 wrote:
At 3/18/10 04:41 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: There's something about this thread that compelled me to come here.
Your name, perhaps?
That can't be it.

Maybe it's because there's a sign pointing to this thread written "Free Pandas"

I would love to have one as a pet and a friend.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-18 18:53:49

At 3/18/10 02:33 PM, TheSouthernTower wrote: I think my virgin detector just spiked from reading that original post.

So did mine.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-18 19:12:19

Screw the unobtanium and the tall blue people, weve got health care to reform!

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-18 19:21:19

I am guessing that your just trying to troll, but lets go over the points shall we?

At 3/17/10 10:18 PM, Crazyhobo51 wrote: And it disgusts me that people even think otherwise. The the Na'vi are vile primitives that were repeatedly given the opportunity to learn and adapt from their benovelent superiors, but they idiotically turned them down. When they choose to selfishly kick us from the planet not only are they guaranteeing their certain demise from orbital bombardment, but more importantly, they are further damaging the human economy by removing their ability to gather more Unobtanium.

Their land, their right to do what they want with it. And it was not like they kicked the humans off the planet before they attacked, they just elected to keep their distance and prevent trespassing.

Furthermore, anyone who empathizes with the Na'vi or wishes they could be one themselves are sadly deluded. Pandora is NOT a nice place to be, and if you think it's some kind of wilderness wonderland where everyone gets along and lives in harmony with nature, you would certainly be among the first to die. If the humans were not so viciously repelled, they could easily have brought the torch of industry and progress to the backwater hellhole.

Although I believe that our technology is the way for the saving of humanity, the Na'vi were able to coexist with their environment while causing little to no damage to it. Even their religion disapproves of needlessly killing the wildlife. However, it has been shown that they are more than capable at protecting themselves and being the dominant species of Pandora.

As the superior species, it is the humans' right, if not duty, to civilize and uplift the primitive alien savages. However, the Na'vi, being shortsighted and ignorant stupidly decided to fight back, and not assimilate, which is extremely unwise considering the kindness and generosity their masters are showing. That along with the other stupid actions made in the movie (Fucking Alien Cat Women > Your own Species) I find it hard to thoroughly enjoy Avatar.

Obviously we were not the superior species has we got our asses handed to us by furrys with sticks, even when we had technology that goes far beyond the current tech IRL.

Any thoughts?

I see that you feel that "Might Makes Right", but you shouldn't whine when you test the theory and it does not go your way.

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-18 19:39:55

At 3/17/10 10:18 PM, Crazyhobo51 wrote: As the superior species, it is the humans' right, if not duty, to civilize and uplift the primitive alien savages.

This comment reminds me of the White Man's Burden and I totally agree, not only that, the humans had lots of weaponry that if this were in real life we would've actually won. They only lost because of writer's convenience.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-19 16:52:54

The whole movie was just eye candy.

uwu

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-19 18:34:30

At 3/18/10 09:34 AM, Sekhem wrote: the biggest plot hole is the fact that humans have a problem killing anything

humankind has always been excellent at devising new ways to kill

especially space marines

i mean one marine took on hell in Doom, and that was based on a true story

Historically, yes, humans had enough determination to kill whatever and whoever stood in the way of our progress, but even nowadays you'd find way too many academics and journalists who would take "war against a native tribe of eco-terrorists in defense of the interests of Earth" and make it into a publicity disaster for the company. In the future, it would probably be even worse. Avoiding a PR disaster was considered more important for the company than the unobtainium, at least by the manager of the expedition, so war was considered an absolute last resort.

Is it important to preserve the beauty of nature? Yes, but it's not central. Progress is central. Humanity having the strength to do what's right and fix what's wrong is "central", though the question of whether it's wrong or right to displace an alien tribe in order to feed the requirements of human civilization is what's really on the table here. And how many times can Hollywood drop the environmental anvil on the heads of the movie-viewing public? Or the "science and technology are bad" anvil? It's ironic that in Avatar, a movie praised far more for its special effects than for its plot or characters, the heroes are a primitive tribe of alien forest-dwellers and the villains are high-tech human conquerors. Way to break your own message, James Cameron. And it's too bad, because the lack of plot/character originality doesn't hurt the movie, not the way the hypocrisy of having a giant technological masterpiece bashing industry and technology in favor of living closer to earth does.

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-19 18:39:12

The best possibility would be: Avatar never existed.

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-19 19:14:06

At 3/18/10 05:10 PM, RoboJesus wrote: HELLO I AM OBVIOUS ANTAGONIST IN MOVIE I SPEAK LIKE BAD GUY AND AM GREEDY AND WANT CAT SMURFS DEAD.

you hit the nail on the head with that one.
Also Avatar was eye candy. Nothing more.

Zune Social ID : Daboyzofwexford/ AVA ID : Tehcamper

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-19 19:27:10

Wow OP your just a fucking idiot aren't you?

The movie was based on fighting with the humans to keep their environment and their world safe from harm. So let me put you in a scenario.

Out of the sky some alien spacecraft lands on earth, they begin to kill anything in the area and eventually establish a base, where they begin to expand destroying more of your home and other cities, all in the sake of harvesting some ore that could make them bloody fucking rich. You and many others see this new alien species as a hostile threat, So what are you going to do? Your going to do what the Na'vi did. Your going to fight them and try to repel or remove the alien species from your planet to keep them from doing further damge to your home planet.

In the case of pandora we ARE THE ALIENS. WE invaded THEIR planet and started harvesting that "ore" while killing their kind. So in all they had the right to be hostile, because like any other species whether it be humanoid or animal, They will all gladly die just to keep their home safe.

Next time come up with a persuasive arguements.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-19 20:40:06

Sorry, but I actually agree with this. I mean, why didn't the humans just nuke 'em? Hehehehe...I said nuke 'em. Like Duke Nukem. Cool...

Come reply to my Art Thread or I will forever hate you with a passion!

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2010-03-19 22:29:41

It was the humans who invaded the Na'Vi and tried to take their shit.. so yes, I sympathize with the Na'Vi over the humans.

Regardless, it's fictional and there's no point in doing any serious arguing. :P

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 20:25:58

I learned that unobtainium was used for space travel.

So it comes down to a "them or us" kind of scenario.

I'd gladly sacrifice a world of blue tribals for the progress of my race.

...Sounds alot like Warhammer 40k Imperial style.

Damn this thread is old.

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 20:30:03

It reminded me of Fern Gully and Pocahontas

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 20:32:02

I think you're fucking nuts bro. Those cat people were pretty. I'd be down to be one. Like being a big, blue, stripy elf.

Tigers have black stripes. I also have black stripes. Therefor I am a tiger.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 20:35:14

Idk for me it's kinda Survival > Saving Pretty People

And it was alot like those environmental movies.

Except the humans were the smoke monster. :p

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 20:56:17

your stuck in the idea of the middle ages..
the term that you should get into is "the white mans burden"
read that through and you will understand WHY the na'vi needed to win the war for pandora,
our... species, man needs to die out by current standards... we are nothing but war mongers, greedy in almost every aspect, and savage,
but until you understand the slavery that happenend out of africa, i cant even argue with you less i expalin every why and re-program you in a more of a moral sence...
humans ARE evil. we most likely always will be...
the na'vi (or any other people like that) are not a people that we are to converse with, and is you watch more space movies on intersperses techs, plans, and rules, you would also know that as a human we should not even be conversing with a species that does not have the same abilities as us.. war-trade-government-industry-ideology..
otherwise it will be a case that one species will only be leveling the playing field and not caring about anything but the item or thing that they are interested in..
in this case it is the humans only interested in the natural resource that was under their... white house/leaning tower/Fort Knox/ Washington monument (all at the same time)
the story also happened, in the fair world this is how it should always happen, in the real world this is never how it will happen, as we are indeed getting softer when it comes to the idea of alien interaction.. we have a long ways to go, and until we get there we are the worst thing to happen to this (anything) since aids and cancer.
as the movie, the matrix goes..
"the human race is a disease" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHiX0FZcj kA

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 21:34:38

I dunno, I like to think of myself as something potentially good and not hope that we all die off.
Sure, there's a lot of bad people that do bad things, but generalizing them all as scum of the Earth is a bit far.
Plus, as everyone said, tis a movie.

But, if it came down to it, I'm gonna root for my species.
I wonder how the second movie is gonna go down?

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 21:39:25

The Na'vi won.

Check out my stupid webcomic: Tumblr | Tapas | Webtoons

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 21:40:14

The Humans would have won, they were kicking smurf ass until mother nature decided to bend the mercs over a treetrunk and ram those freaky rhino horns up their ass......i mean.....cmon....they had mech suits

I can has mortal kombatz?

NG Viking Army

Zombie Crew

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 21:40:18

Dude, they owned in the end. :o

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 21:53:39

If it wasn't such a shit story I may have debated storyline. Avatar was barely worth mentioning, let alone being the highest grossing film in the world.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 22:12:34

At 1/3/11 09:55 PM, Cootie wrote: This is exactly what was going through the minds of the English and Americans when the "new world" was found. Pretty much everything that happened to the Na'vi in the movie happened to the Native Americans in real life.

This...White Man's Greed..

THEJamoke wrote: You're not a man until you've cried tears while masturbating. I call it crasturbation. You learn to do it in jail or the Marines. And real quietly, too.

eww

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 22:17:23

At 3/18/10 12:24 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 3/18/10 11:55 AM, HecticCircleCrap wrote:
At 3/18/10 11:49 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: I hated that stupid movie.
James Cameron has turned into a real pussy since he made Titanic.
No kidding. It's hard to believe he's the same guy that made Terminator 2. It really is.

Not really. All his movies are pussy movies.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 22:31:10

People like you are the reason our current society sucks, PROGRESS PROGRESS PROGRESS, stomp on the little guy till you get what you want.

Iraq cough cough

what ever happned to farming your own food and living off the...

fuck it, PROGRESS ROCKS!

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 22:32:31

I hate how they all looked black. Like the girl? Ew she was fucking black.

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 22:34:18

lol i got banned for posting in this thread ages ago.... funny to see it bumped.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar Humans Should Have Won 2011-01-03 22:57:15

Wait, how the fuck does Scooby Doo talk?

A lot of people have pictures for their signatures. But that's stupid. I'm not going to do that. That is so 2008. Not even kidding. Jeez, you guys are stoopid.