Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-13 23:53:03
Moarphs 2: Transmorphers
First, if you did not see or participate in Moarphs: Ins and Outs I suggest you do because it was really good and might help you understand this collab.
So we are making 2 things. One, everyone is making transforming animations that come from nothing (similar to the animations we did in Moarphs: In and Out) and Two, we are then turning those into a giant super awesome Robot/Mech/Transformer! Depending on how many people join, we may make either one Giant Robo, or 2-3 of em. I am also trying to work on my 3D modeling and rigging, so depending on how cool these things turn out, I may even try to make a 3D model of them and then do a short animation using our creation(s)! Thanks to TheBoogley for doing his Robo Duck thing which sparked the idea for this collab and thanks to Bezman for the name Transmorphers.
Right now we are keeping this on a white background, but if someone would like to make some kind of cool background to have while the transformations are going on and being put together, feel free to sketch up some things and send em to me. I was thinking maybe something that is kind of dark so it doesn't distract from the animations or something kind of spacey since a lot of the robot/transformers things tend to come from space.
Here are some examples of what we are looking for.
-READ EVERYTHING HERE and try to stay up to date with the most recent posts so you know if there are any changes to anything.
-ANYONE can participate. If you ask if you can join, I will ignore you... just join
-I will be allowing everyone to join the transforming part, but I know that the second part (robot) may be difficult for some, so that part may be a little more exclusive.
-If you need help, just ask and we will do our best to help you out
-Keep the subject matter clean
-These are to be in color, just don't go crazy using hundreds of different colors and shades (unless you know what you're doing and can make it work very well)
-IF you use any symbols of any sort, name them originally, do not leave them as shape1 or give them basic names. I do not want to have to go through a bunch of animations renaming the entire library. If you have a symbol and don't need it, then Break It Up (select it then hit ctrl+b). If you send me stuff that I have to edit, I will not be happy and will send it back to you.
-You WILL send me your fla named with YOUR name and it WILL contain your animation as a Graphic Symbol. No flas labled as Morph, 2223331Morph, Robot2, etc.
- I do not yet know about sound. I have a few transforming and robotic sounds on my computer, but I do not know if we can find enough to fit everyone's transformations.
- You are to select an image you want to create, it can be an animal, object, even a mech/robot(It can be organic or robotic)
- You are then to animate transforming onto the stage. You can have it come from off screen or have it come from nothing (like TheBoogley's Duck)
- Once you do this you will save a swf and post it on the dumping grounds, spamtheweb or if you have another easy to view site.
- From there I will direct you on what you need to fix or change, if it is good, THEN you can move onto step 2
- You will request or I will assign you a body part for the mech/robot
- You are then to use the dimensions I give you to morph your image into that body part
- You are free to move/animate your image before you do so (Example: If I made a lion, I may want to have it Roar before it transforms into an arm)
-We will stick with the basics for now (head, torso, arms, legs). Depending on how many people we have, I may allow for additional parts such as weapons, wings, crotch plate (?) etc. If we get a lot of people then we will just stick with the basics and make more than one robo.
-Everyone will be credited in the swf, and the 9 Co-Authors will be decided on based on the quality of their work and if they were easy were to work with/contact. If you are not responding for a long time and I have no idea why, your chances will be lowered, if I see that you are really improving or did everything perfect and exact the first try, you will most likely be in. Also I may ask for someone to help out with the Loading and Menus, so that person will also be credited as one of the 9.
- 24 FPS
- AS2 (you shouldn't have any coding in there anyway, but just don't send me AS3 based files)
-There is no due date as of right now. I am somewhat busy with a few things and I'm sure many of you are as well. So for now let's give this thing like a month (So April 3rd is when I want to try and have everyone's animations). Of course that is subject to change
If you have any questions or are confused, please ask, I may have forgotten to mention something. Have fun with it and I will be posting my 1st part when I get time to finishing it.