00:00
00:00

Moarphs 2: Transmorphers

3,877 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-13 23:53:03


Moarphs 2: Transmorphers

What's the idea?
First, if you did not see or participate in Moarphs: Ins and Outs I suggest you do because it was really good and might help you understand this collab.

So we are making 2 things. One, everyone is making transforming animations that come from nothing (similar to the animations we did in Moarphs: In and Out) and Two, we are then turning those into a giant super awesome Robot/Mech/Transformer! Depending on how many people join, we may make either one Giant Robo, or 2-3 of em. I am also trying to work on my 3D modeling and rigging, so depending on how cool these things turn out, I may even try to make a 3D model of them and then do a short animation using our creation(s)! Thanks to TheBoogley for doing his Robo Duck thing which sparked the idea for this collab and thanks to Bezman for the name Transmorphers.
Right now we are keeping this on a white background, but if someone would like to make some kind of cool background to have while the transformations are going on and being put together, feel free to sketch up some things and send em to me. I was thinking maybe something that is kind of dark so it doesn't distract from the animations or something kind of spacey since a lot of the robot/transformers things tend to come from space.

Here are some examples of what we are looking for.

The Boogley's Duck from Moarphs: Ins and Outs
Beast Wars Anime
Dino Megazord
If you need more ideas, just go look up videos of Transformers, Beast Wars, Megazords, etc.

Rules
-READ EVERYTHING HERE and try to stay up to date with the most recent posts so you know if there are any changes to anything.
-ANYONE can participate. If you ask if you can join, I will ignore you... just join
-I will be allowing everyone to join the transforming part, but I know that the second part (robot) may be difficult for some, so that part may be a little more exclusive.
-If you need help, just ask and we will do our best to help you out
-Keep the subject matter clean
-These are to be in color, just don't go crazy using hundreds of different colors and shades (unless you know what you're doing and can make it work very well)
-IF you use any symbols of any sort, name them originally, do not leave them as shape1 or give them basic names. I do not want to have to go through a bunch of animations renaming the entire library. If you have a symbol and don't need it, then Break It Up (select it then hit ctrl+b). If you send me stuff that I have to edit, I will not be happy and will send it back to you.
-You WILL send me your fla named with YOUR name and it WILL contain your animation as a Graphic Symbol. No flas labled as Morph, 2223331Morph, Robot2, etc.
- I do not yet know about sound. I have a few transforming and robotic sounds on my computer, but I do not know if we can find enough to fit everyone's transformations.

How?
Step1
- You are to select an image you want to create, it can be an animal, object, even a mech/robot(It can be organic or robotic)
- You are then to animate transforming onto the stage. You can have it come from off screen or have it come from nothing (like TheBoogley's Duck)
- Once you do this you will save a swf and post it on the dumping grounds, spamtheweb or if you have another easy to view site.
- From there I will direct you on what you need to fix or change, if it is good, THEN you can move onto step 2

Step 2
- You will request or I will assign you a body part for the mech/robot
- You are then to use the dimensions I give you to morph your image into that body part
- You are free to move/animate your image before you do so (Example: If I made a lion, I may want to have it Roar before it transforms into an arm)
-We will stick with the basics for now (head, torso, arms, legs). Depending on how many people we have, I may allow for additional parts such as weapons, wings, crotch plate (?) etc. If we get a lot of people then we will just stick with the basics and make more than one robo.

Credits
-Everyone will be credited in the swf, and the 9 Co-Authors will be decided on based on the quality of their work and if they were easy were to work with/contact. If you are not responding for a long time and I have no idea why, your chances will be lowered, if I see that you are really improving or did everything perfect and exact the first try, you will most likely be in. Also I may ask for someone to help out with the Loading and Menus, so that person will also be credited as one of the 9.

Specs
- 24 FPS
-no background
- 640x480
- AS2 (you shouldn't have any coding in there anyway, but just don't send me AS3 based files)

Due Date
-There is no due date as of right now. I am somewhat busy with a few things and I'm sure many of you are as well. So for now let's give this thing like a month (So April 3rd is when I want to try and have everyone's animations). Of course that is subject to change

If you have any questions or are confused, please ask, I may have forgotten to mention something. Have fun with it and I will be posting my 1st part when I get time to finishing it.


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-13 23:55:05


Oh yeah, when you have your animation transform back into the original object (it could be a circle, a box, or just anything) please do not just copy and paste the frames backwards, actually animate it a little different or re draw it like TheBoogley did. Thanks


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 00:01:41


So how exactly do we animate it? Using Shape Tweens?

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 00:05:51


At 3/14/10 12:01 AM, Ska-Muffin wrote: So how exactly do we animate it? Using Shape Tweens?

Ah yes i knew i forgot to mention something. You are allowed to use either style you want. Frame By Frame like TheBoogley's Duck. Or you can use symbols and tweens. Just make sure you name them originally.


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 00:08:15


At 3/14/10 12:05 AM, M-Shack wrote:
At 3/14/10 12:01 AM, Ska-Muffin wrote: So how exactly do we animate it? Using Shape Tweens?
Ah yes i knew i forgot to mention something. You are allowed to use either style you want. Frame By Frame like TheBoogley's Duck. Or you can use symbols and tweens. Just make sure you name them originally.

Crap, I have flash 8, which means no Shape tween, and my Tablet Pen is broke so(Just ordered one today) so, yeah...

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 00:09:58


At 3/14/10 12:08 AM, Ska-Muffin wrote:
At 3/14/10 12:05 AM, M-Shack wrote:
At 3/14/10 12:01 AM, Ska-Muffin wrote: So how exactly do we animate it? Using Shape Tweens?
Ah yes i knew i forgot to mention something. You are allowed to use either style you want. Frame By Frame like TheBoogley's Duck. Or you can use symbols and tweens. Just make sure you name them originally.
Crap, I have flash 8, which means no Shape tween, and my Tablet Pen is broke so(Just ordered one today) so, yeah...

Well I am giving a long dead line. And don't use shape tweens unless your good with them, use Motion Tweens. Shape tweens will just make your image morph into one giant blob.


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 00:10:53


Well I am giving a long dead line. And don't use shape tweens unless your good with them, use Motion Tweens. Shape tweens will just make your image morph into one giant blob.

I see,

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 00:22:17


Hmm, defiantly more challenging then the first. I will give this a shot and see what results. Also, I'm glad you have the rules filled out like this, although they are a little intimating looking at the list. May I ask you add the rule of not being asked to be co-authored? As, I saw a lot of that in the old thread and that was annoying every couple of posts. However, people should know better now as you have rules for coauthoring in place too.

Anyways, I can't wait to begin working with you again.

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 00:31:06


At 3/14/10 12:22 AM, LostPencil wrote: Hmm, defiantly more challenging then the first. I will give this a shot and see what results. Also, I'm glad you have the rules filled out like this, although they are a little intimating looking at the list. May I ask you add the rule of not being asked to be co-authored? As, I saw a lot of that in the old thread and that was annoying every couple of posts. However, people should know better now as you have rules for coauthoring in place too.

Anyways, I can't wait to begin working with you again.

Yeah, before I didn't mention how people would be co-authored, so i guess that is why we got a lot of people asking. Hopefully people wont be asking, if they do i Will just ignore them because it i already mentioned in the rules. Once we get enough people actually showing their work, then I will make a list. If you need any help I'll be glad to offer critiques. Just try to start something and I can help you form there.


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 01:41:19



GAME JAM 7

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 06:12:39


I can tell that this is going to be amazing.


Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 06:16:39


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_n_pEKSo dg

Inspirtation by MindChamber.


Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 11:07:17


here's what i have so far: swf (definitely needs to be cleaned up this is just a WIP)
i'm a little unclear on what to do next.


urf.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 18:35:42


At 3/14/10 06:16 AM, Blounty wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_n_pEKSo dg

Inspirtation by MindChamber.

Wow that one is really good. That is a good example of what I mean by transform.

At 3/14/10 01:41 AM, Icandraw wrote: am i right ?

No sorry. You have yours just being drawn from a line into a pizza. Look at the examples i posted or the one Blounty showed.

At 3/14/10 11:07 AM, bobcelery wrote: here's what i have so far: swf (definitely needs to be cleaned up this is just a WIP)
i'm a little unclear on what to do next.

It is good, but make it transform. you just have it kind of morph into an octopus.


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 19:15:22


i want to be this one i didnt get a chance to fo the last one


need programmers for game. pm me if your interested.

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 19:42:17


Not sure if I'll contribute, just wanted to point you in the direction of this hilarious little knock-off


GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 19:44:30


At 3/14/10 06:35 PM, M-Shack wrote:
It is good, but make it transform. you just have it kind of morph into an octopus.

I'm a little unclear on what you mean :(
i guess i will just wait until others post theirs and learn from example


urf.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 19:50:47


So instead of the standard "morphing" where lines just move and grow to make a new object/animal/etc, you want to be more of an actual robo-like transformation?
I think that's what I'm gathering here.


GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 20:02:07


At 3/14/10 07:42 PM, Goat-Man wrote: Not sure if I'll contribute, just wanted to point you in the direction of this hilarious little knock-off

haha funny, i'll have to check that out one day.

At 3/14/10 07:44 PM, bobcelery wrote:
At 3/14/10 06:35 PM, M-Shack wrote:
It is good, but make it transform. you just have it kind of morph into an octopus.
I'm a little unclear on what you mean :(
i guess i will just wait until others post theirs and learn from example

What GM said. Right now yours looks like the octopus is coming out of a small hole. He should be transforming into an octopus. If you don't get it, just wait a bit for some people to start posting theirs. I am working on the rough outline of mine which i may post later, but it wont look too robotic yet


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-14 22:00:35


I'll prolly work on mine more another day but this is what i have so far for today
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/7426 b6bd64a2b64f6995f4fdd5c7c8d2

It might be hard to see cuz its sloppy, but it's going to be a hamster in a hamster ball transforming into one of my characters Nivo. Right now all I have is the arms and chest. The hamster it self will transform into the head. If your stuck, do what i did and just map out what you want to happen, then go in and add the actual details after you have the basic idea.


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-15 06:45:13


Hey, I'm ShinsukeIto.

Well I tried to make a transformation thing with a turtle here. It's rough, and obviously I'm going to improve upon it, I just want to know if this is what you had in mind.

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-15 12:38:47


At 3/15/10 06:45 AM, ShinsukeIto wrote: Hey, I'm ShinsukeIto.

Well I tried to make a transformation thing with a turtle here. It's rough, and obviously I'm going to improve upon it, I just want to know if this is what you had in mind.

wat must i make then ?


GAME JAM 7

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-15 12:57:38


Can I Join?

| *The Other Collab Was Awesome,Dam I Hope I Get In*

Yeah...what he said.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-15 20:06:45


At 3/13/10 11:53 PM, M-Shack wrote: Rules
-ANYONE can participate. If you ask if you can join, I will ignore you... just join
At 3/15/10 12:57 PM, ChrisTobin wrote: Can I Join?

You're good to go man, just make sure you review ALL the rules


GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-15 21:08:46


At 3/15/10 06:45 AM, ShinsukeIto wrote: Hey, I'm ShinsukeIto.

Well I tried to make a transformation thing with a turtle here. It's rough, and obviously I'm going to improve upon it, I just want to know if this is what you had in mind.

Haha, thats pretty cool. I would say just keep it on the screen. No need to have it jump up off screen like that. We might save that for the second part. But yeah just clean it up a bit and i think it's good


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-16 01:15:48


At 3/15/10 09:08 PM, M-Shack wrote: Haha, thats pretty cool. I would say just keep it on the screen. No need to have it jump up off screen like that. We might save that for the second part. But yeah just clean it up a bit and i think it's good

Ok, will do. I'll try my best!

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-17 12:19:42


I'm maybe interested in joining but I don't really get the idea either.

If stuff comes in from off-screen, it's going to be transforming twice - once into whatever we want, once into a body part?

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-17 14:38:25


I am a little busy at the moment. I want to finish up this short 3D animation before I get back to this. I will still try to help out anyone with questions.

At 3/17/10 12:19 PM, Bezman wrote: I'm maybe interested in joining but I don't really get the idea either.

If stuff comes in from off-screen, it's going to be transforming twice - once into whatever we want, once into a body part?

It doesn't have to come from off screen. You can make it come from nothing like TheBoogley's Duck i posted. Don't worry about the second part yet. I may have ti make a second thread for that to explain it better and keep it organized once people get me their first parts. If you look at my rough draft, i have the hamster roll into screen then it transforms in the air and lands as something else. From here my next step is going to be have it transform into a leg. So yes there are going to be two transformations. One is your image transforming into view (either from another object or from nothing) then the second will be it transforming into a body part (but don't do this yet, i have to assign parts to everyone). If it sounds confusing to a lot of you let me know. I may just try to complete my part and repost this with mine as an example so people have something to visualize.


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-18 13:02:06


Wow. Yeah this sounds totally cool. I'm down like a clown. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was in a crazy car accident, and my laptop was the biggest casualty. I'm gonna read the OP again. ;)


BBS Signature

Response to Moarphs 2: Transmorphers 2010-03-18 17:22:04


Definately in this one, I missed out on the others