00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Newgrounds Wiki

39,949 Views | 163 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 22:18:40

At 3/11/10 04:52 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Awesome! We saved a life today.

Limb, rather.

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 22:30:07

At 3/11/10 07:17 PM, BoMToons wrote: Can Blizzard be added to "the gang" pic in the flash portal?

Hmmmmm if someone can make him look natural in there I would consider it. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 22:42:35

At 3/11/10 07:35 PM, TimFrommeyer wrote: Just wondering, does everyone's impressions time-out from time to time, leaving no revenue whatsoever even with half a million hits each day?

It doesn't show stats if no revenue was generated, so if you get 10,000 views and no action on the ad, it won't show the impressions in the stats. Do you have anything that got half a million views without showing anything?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 22:47:31

At 3/11/10 04:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: Well here it is... The Newgrounds Wiki.

Nice. Though I noticed Luis missing from the staff .swf street fighter character select thing :(

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 22:52:25

Thanks for the Wiki, Tom. It certainly does look like a great resource for aspiring developers, and for people who just want to know about the site. The Developer Resources section is very detailed, and it really looks like it can only get better from here.

My only gripe about it, though, is how odd the wiki site looks, since each article is displayed in a border that is off-centered to the right, and with the navigation menu on the side, make for a lot of empty space on the left side. If at all possible, maybe there could be a way to either word wrap the article text around the Nav menu, or put the menu as a second bar at the top, right under the hierarchy list?

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 22:59:36

I like it how I was the original guy who took the trouble to register the fucking wikigrounds domain in the first place, install MediaWiki on it, write actual full-length articles on it (and on the previous incarnations of the site), design a Newgrounds-themed style sheet for the site, and eventually took it down but had the basic courtesy to leave a backup out there for anyone who wanted to revive it.

Let's all forget that regular users of this site took the initiative to try to make one in the first place, but that was quickly defeated by the choice of the NG community to vandalize the site and create nonsense pages about themselves to boost their already inflated egos. But things are different now. Because the admins made it.

Not that I'm criticizing their work or trying to say 'well, it's about time', but I think I'm entitled to some recognition after hosting Wikigrounds for over a year.

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 23:00:36

what thee..??

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 23:19:53

At 3/11/10 10:30 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/11/10 07:17 PM, BoMToons wrote: Can Blizzard be added to "the gang" pic in the flash portal?

Et voila...?
I didn't know if by making him look natural, you meant cartoonizing him, but when in cartoon form, I would imagine dogs look even more similar than they already do.
I have a PSD too if you DO like it, but I'm not assuming anything, it only took a few minutes..

Newgrounds Wiki

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 23:29:27

At 3/11/10 04:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: SURE BEATS CHAT RIGHT?

>:(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-11 23:36:38

very nice

X-tra Large Human

Please see MY Threadand please post a comment

Gamertag: XLH nWo Steam ID: XLH2000

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 00:29:46

The wiki looks cool. Maybe it will reduce the use of Wi/Ht section.

I donated a dollar to Blizzard, it didn't show up though. Im glad that he got all the money he needed, and so fast too.

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 00:49:32

I'm planning to write some AS3 tutorials, I've never felt that the flash portal or BBS has been the correct place for them.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 01:14:14

At 3/11/10 04:57 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Making that wiki took a lot out of me... expect chat to be delayed another 3 years

Bastard...pure bastard

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 01:15:40

Y'know, this really is one of the greatest websites on the internet. I loved it before, but I just spent 20 minutes reading stuff in the Wiki, and now I love it more than ever. Its really inspiring, in a lot of different ways. I haven't touched my Tablet in almost a month, but I'm absolutely going to pick it up tomorrow and animate late into the night, because I can't wait to contribute something.

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 01:24:07

At 3/12/10 12:49 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: I'm planning to write some AS3 tutorials, I've never felt that the flash portal or BBS has been the correct place for them.

Ditto. I would be willing to dust off the old tutorial writing muscles on a better platform such as the wiki.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 01:29:50

Awesome new feature.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 01:36:18

The Newgrounds Wiki. Imagine the total sum of Tom's Fulp knowledge accessible by everyone.

I wish I was PaintSplat's. alt. account.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 01:41:33

Finally some real updates. Can't wait for the redesign.

PSN username - UnreaK745 / PM me for similar sig.

Visit my page, cocksuckah.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 01:57:40

At 3/11/10 05:49 PM, TomFulp wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/history/s tories/newdgrounds
I pretty much pasted in my AMA story from Reddit.

I signed up for some affiliate accounts, and viola, Newgrounds lived to see another day.

Newgrounds Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 02:02:18

wow the Game and Movie Standards are really awesome, thanks for this suggestions! specially this one: Also include links to 3-4 of your best works, with large visual icons. You will be surprised how much interest this generates!

thanks for this!

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 04:38:22

really good news! congratulations!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 04:39:14

I'm assuming that comment is in my direction, as you wanted to know the workings of the "You might also enjoy this" section of the flash portal, for which I apologise. I did promise to get back to you on that, and haven't as of yet.

-- Thats absolutely fine-- I entirely agree with you.
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I would not have expected NG staff to make our wiki their official one, nor indeed would I want to. We are free to say things which might be true and verifiable, but not what you would seek to say.

Best of luck with the new wiki. If any of you want to talk to us, please do. Feel free to lift info if it is convenient to do so, though it would be nice if we got a bit of credit, should that occur.
However, should you all deem that you would rather not be involved with us, I do actually understand, its a proffesional decision you might have to make.
Meet you in the UK sometime.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 04:44:28

I couldn't resist... I did it for the lols. :)

Newgrounds Wiki

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 04:46:51

At 3/12/10 04:44 AM, Master-Samus wrote:

Better blend with the correct matte D:

If you were serious about this Tom i'd do it better rofl!

Newgrounds Wiki

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 05:38:38

At 3/12/10 04:46 AM, Master-Samus wrote:

Blizzard should definenyly be added to the group pic. I think he could fit better behind Strawberry Clock and infront of Dad... or he should just replace that guy on the left hand side, that guy doesn't seem as important as Blizzard.

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 06:41:07

The wiki looks great and the Game and Movie sections is a brilliant idea. I definitely think there's more that could go down there though, how about recommended control schemes for popular game genres?

I REALLY think Newgrounds could do with a license free sound effects library too, its so hard to find decent gun/bullet sound effects these days! Im not sure if it could be user generated, I imagine it would be a lot easier for a copyrighted file to slip through, but its still an idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 08:03:00

I was so touched I made the first of what I hope to be several tribute flashes

aaaaaaaaaaaa

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 08:16:29

At 3/11/10 04:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: SURE BEATS CHAT RIGHT?

1) You must be able to write well and organize your thoughts in a succinct manner.

I consider myself a good writer, and I alway double-check what I submit online.

2) You must be a familiar user who has been actively involved with the site for a while.

Is six or seven years good enough? This could be a great opportunity for me!

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 08:45:15

At 3/11/10 04:57 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Making that wiki took a lot out of me... expect chat to be delayed another 3 years

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
But you promised that it will come soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Wiki 2010-03-12 08:59:55

At 3/12/10 02:02 AM, cicla wrote: wow the Game and Movie Standards are really awesome, thanks for this suggestions! specially this one: Also include links to 3-4 of your best works, with large visual icons. You will be surprised how much interest this generates!

thanks for this!

The results can be impressive. Ego promoted three of his old movies at the end of Mr. Literal, they combined they generated almost as many daily views as Mr. Literal itself.

BBS Signature