00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Good Anime, Bad anime..

6,399 Views | 87 Replies

Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:41:09

What anime show do you think is good? I am not an anime freak, as some people would say, but i am still wondering what anime shows people like. I have watched many anime shows but I still want to know: What anime you think is best?

Post a comment a comment on what you think is the best anime.

Here's my list of anime:
Good- (for guys)
Death Note
Hellsing
Full Metal Alchemist

Good- (for girls)
Chobits
Ouran High School Host Club
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ok-
Soul Eater
Nabari No oh
InuYasha
Dragonball Z

Bad (by my opinion)-
Bleach
Naruto
Pokemon
Bakugan

Don't criticize me on my opinion. Just tell me: What do you think is the best anime show?
Thank you!
~MidnightAshes~

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:46:38

At 3/9/10 06:41 PM, MidnightAshes wrote: Bleach

Yeah its pretty bad with little plot development and too many fights

Naruto

Yeah the anime does blow

Pokemon

I do have to fight you over this one, unless you are talking about the new generation shows.

Bakugan

Yeah it seems bad but my little bro likes it even though I haven't seen an episode.

However I think we all can agree that Manga > Anime

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:46:39

The only good anime show THAT ISNT HENTAI really is the old Pokemon. Now how it is reight now, now its this stupid lovey dovey crap about the bond between pets and humans. Before it was about animal exploitation and getting half of Japan to have seizures.

"Well shit, Daniel, I just left!"

LOL? LOL LOL LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:47:45

I've only watched Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto. But if you want some real anime you should watch some Hayao Miyazaki films!

Good Anime, Bad anime..

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:47:50

this is my favorite anime

Good Anime, Bad anime..

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:48:53

Gundam = good.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:53:24

Meh, I like any anime that's willing to go beyond stereotypical tradition.

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 18:58:34

At 3/9/10 06:41 PM, MidnightAshes wrote: What anime show do you think is good? I am not an anime freak, as some people would say, but i am still wondering what anime shows people like. I have watched many anime shows but I still want to know: What anime you think is best?

Post a comment a comment on what you think is the best anime.

Here's my list of anime:
Good- (for guys)
Death Note
Hellsing
Full Metal Alchemist

I agree with the final one, I havent seen the other 2 but hellsing seems good. I always thought of deathnote as more of a female one rather than male but havent seen myself.

Good- (for girls)
Ouran High School Host Club

Hey those 2 are good for guys to.

Ok-
Dragonball Z

Bad (by my opinion)-
Bleach
Naruto

Its strange that you say dragonball Z is ok but these 2 are bad as they are similar.

Pokemon

This show was a classic I greatly vote against this.

Don't criticize me on my opinion. Just tell me: What do you think is the best anime show?
Thank you!

Myself, I love .hack//SIGN the most and the rest of the series is great also. I also like Fullmetal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell SAC, movie also great. Cowboy Bebop is really fun and Spike is a legend. Others I have that I am not so keen on are Bleach, I love its fighting its rather over the top and fun but its all samey and boring story. She, The Ultimate Weapon was a good watch but it was to sex obsessive, really nice theme to it though. I don't own much anime myself and have seen only a hand full of others so cant comment on much more. Movie wise I would say Akira is great, it was the first anime other than pokemon I watched and will always be a classic.

What I like in anime is a good story and good characters in a well thought out world that all work together, I find action fun but I am much more of a story viewer, its why I like the .hack ones so much compared to others despite the lack of action. also ghost in the shell has a really good mix of story character and action, very nice anime imo.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:14:57

The only reason people bash so hard on naruto, is becuase all they take the time to watch is the bastardization that is the americaized version.

Fact: Naruto never ones says "Belive it, dattybayo" or any other dumb catchprhrase that seems to always be associated with him.

I'm not like a narutard or anything I honestly like the show and feel it gets a bad wrap. If you try watching the subbed version, of the 2nd season, when he's older he gets to be a lot more badass.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:16:28

list of anime that i think is good. code geass, gurren lagann, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, blood+,hellsing, bleach, death note and inuyasha.

list of anime i think is bad pokemon, digimon, and one piece.

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:16:28

At 3/9/10 06:47 PM, Fleuve wrote: I've only watched Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto. But if you want some real anime you should watch some Hayao Miyazaki films!

Princess Mononoke For teh winz!

Don't forget Hayao's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Nausicaa: The Valley of the Wind.

Dear Lord, I love Hayao. He's the only anime producer I can truly say I'm a fan of!

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:17:34

Good: Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z.

Ok: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Bad: Digimon

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:19:11

At 3/9/10 07:16 PM, funnyhomeboy wrote:
At 3/9/10 06:47 PM, Fleuve wrote: I've only watched Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto. But if you want some real anime you should watch some Hayao Miyazaki films!
Princess Mononoke For teh winz!

Don't forget Hayao's Moving Castle

Ah Howl's Moving Castle, how could I forget to add this movie to my post, such a nice one.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:21:54

Why didn't you put Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the shell, Lucky Star, Galaxy Angel, Nadesico, NGE, FLCL, or Vampire Knight in there!!!?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:24:25

You should see all of the Hayao Miyazaki movies, especially (in order of how good I think they are:
1. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Castle in the Sky
4. Howl's Moving Castle

Society sucks, humanity sucks, life is pointless, accomplishments mean nothing in the long run, but being depressed about it wont change that!

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:29:11

At 3/9/10 07:24 PM, rubberducky7 wrote: You should see all of the Hayao Miyazaki movies, especially (in order of how good I think they are:
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Castle in the Sky
4. Howl's Moving Castle

Watch all five! Love all five!!!

Lilacheart

I a little teapot, short and sprout, this is my handle, this my ..... other handle? Shit I'm the sugar bowl!

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:29:20

At 3/9/10 07:24 PM, rubberducky7 wrote: You should see all of the Hayao Miyazaki movies, especially (in order of how good I think they are:
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Castle in the Sky
4. Howl's Moving Castle

Here are trailers for them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ms-ilMug 8A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWWWKKA8 jY

Society sucks, humanity sucks, life is pointless, accomplishments mean nothing in the long run, but being depressed about it wont change that!

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:29:40

At 3/9/10 06:41 PM, MidnightAshes wrote: Good- (for girls)
Chobits

Uh.

Those are two of the most male targeted shows I have ever seen.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:34:17

macross plus is sweet

need programmers for game. pm me if your interested.

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 19:55:19

At 3/9/10 06:41 PM, MidnightAshes wrote: Good for kids-
Naruto
Pokemon
Bakugan

fix'd.

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:12:55

2. Princess Mononoke
3. Castle in the Sky
4. Howl's Moving Castle

Mmmm. Here's mine.

1.Princess Mononoke
2. Spirited Away
3.Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
4. Howl's Moving Castle

I loved Mononoke for the amazing story, and the fact that there was no true antagonist in this one. Everyone was simply doing what they did for their own survival.

SPOILERS!

The humans mined and built weapons to protect themselves from other nations and the wild beasts.
The spirits of the forest hunted the humans because they were forging weapons that turned them into demons. Prince Ashitaka was just a victim of the hatred inbetween the two factors.

The beginning basically alludes to the main conflict of the story. :)

"See with eyes unclouded by hatred.", if only people could do that today.

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:14:31

Only good anime was Cowboy Bebop.

YOU HEARD ME

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:15:29

All of you fgts need some Elfen Lied.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:19:33

You forgot CODE GEASS!!!!!

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:21:02

At 3/9/10 08:12 PM, funnyhomeboy wrote:
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Castle in the Sky
4. Howl's Moving Castle
Mmmm. Here's mine.

1.Princess Mononoke
2. Spirited Away
3.Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
4. Howl's Moving Castle

Mine are:
1.Princess Mononoke/Spirited Away
2.Castle In The Sky
3.Howl's Moving Castle
4.Nausicaa
5.Porco Rosso

I don't watch anime tv shows anymore..

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:21:10

At 3/9/10 07:17 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: Good: Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z.

Pokemon? Seriously? You've obviously never seen the quality of the newer videos.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:22:36

At 3/9/10 08:21 PM, Tetimaru000 wrote:
At 3/9/10 07:17 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: Good: Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z.

Pokemon? Seriously? You've obviously never seen the quality of the newer videos.(this guy is right)

pokemons the gayest thing on earth macross plus is good

need programmers for game. pm me if your interested.

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:22:59

At 3/9/10 06:46 PM, Grizzli wrote: The only good anime show THAT ISNT HENTAI really is the old Pokemon. Now how it is reight now, now its this stupid lovey dovey crap about the bond between pets and humans. Before it was about animal exploitation and getting half of Japan to have seizures.

It was actually Pikachu's fault, but Porygon took the blame for it and hadn't appeared again since...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:36:50

I don't really watch anime all that often but I have a lot of friends who do so occasionally I'll see a few. Some are good but most of it doesn't really seem like it's for me.

At 3/9/10 06:41 PM, MidnightAshes wrote:
Death Note

I liked Death Note, even the parts that other people said were filler, or weren't that good or whatever where actually fine in my opinion. it's still sort of weaved into the story. I just liked the intrigue, the suspense. how you have two sides each one trying to defeat the other using nothing more than their intellect.

Bad (by my opinion)-
Bleach

I kind of agree with you on this one actually. I tried to like this show, but I just couldn't get into it. I know a lot of people who would defend it but I don't think I'd be one of them. I guess it started out okay, I was able to get through like thirty episodes but than I just got bored with it. It wasn't able to hold my interest.

Good, Baccano! Yeah it's kind of silly, but there are parts that make me laugh and the amount of gruesome bloody scenes are surprising for this brightly colored cartoon with a lot of funny scenes and upbeat jokes. on scene has Elliot and Miria saying their wacky things And than next thing you see Lad Russo punching a guys brains out. Kind of hard to follow because it's all over the place but it never gets boring.

Not so great, Beck. I could get in trouble for this one, I know people who like it. As like with Bleach I tried to like this one. I'm a musician so I hear about an anime about the drama, struggles success of a little band would be something I'd naturally like... And it had it's moments but it also had a lot of what I felt was dead space. Like at the end of some scenes they'd end the conversation but it would still just linger, just showing the characters standing around not really doing anything. Also it often wouldn't show them actually playing, when it did it was stock footage. Later on it just show the outside of the bar or club they were playing in and just have one of the same four songs they played. I guess it was pretty boring, and they never really explain the zombie dog or whatever it is. That sort of annoyed me...

I really haven't seem much more anime than that. Oh yeah the Hayao Miyazaki movies which are generally good. But I've already wasted enough time on this... and I'm not even really into anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Anime, Bad anime.. 2010-03-09 20:42:09

Aww, damn it. I miss going through anime-related threads and reading all of the NG Anime Club member's posts.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature