00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

73,742 Views | 475 Replies

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 10:36:21

So for a few days me and citricsquid have been creating GreaseMonkey scripts that adds functionality to this site. I was thinking that I should keep track of scripts in a news post, but nobody will read that after a while and I don't think a new thread should be created each time a new script comes along. So let's throw them all in here!

-- How to use --

Firefox
Install the addon, then install the script

Chrome (v.4 and above)
Just install the script.

Others
I have no experience with GM and other browsers so if you don't use Chrome or FF check out this for more info.

btw, if more people are interested in creating these scripts perhaps we should create a crew in C&C where we can exchange help and ideas :)

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 10:36:51

I will kick things off with a script I made today :) It would be great if all scripts posted follow this general layout.

And yes, I know I said I wouldn't make any more for a little while because of uni, but their site is down atm so there's not much I can do anyway ;)

NEWGROUNDS SEARCH FILTER

Description
Allows you to filter results when using the portal search.

Verified to work with
Firefox and Chrome.

Status
Finished (no additional features planned)

Preview

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 10:44:54

Your new replies script doesn't work for me..... well.... at all. Firstly the picture doesn't load and it just gives me some ugly alt text, secondly it barely ever remembers which threads I clicked on, and thirdly it used to remember all the ones I clicked on in VG and then it forgot all but one or two of them.

:(

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 10:47:57

These look awesome, I'm definetely going to have to try them all.
By the way, was there any luck in getting the Online/Offline script to work in Chrome? I had a look last night but had no luck.

Anyway, I feel inspired to make a script now, so I'm gonna go away and think of something useful to make.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 10:48:02

At 3/7/10 10:44 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Your new replies script doesn't work for me..... well.... at all. Firstly the picture doesn't load and it just gives me some ugly alt text, secondly it barely ever remembers which threads I clicked on, and thirdly it used to remember all the ones I clicked on in VG and then it forgot all but one or two of them.

(

You want a hug?

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 10:55:10

At 3/7/10 10:44 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Your new replies script doesn't work for me..... well.... at all. Firstly the picture doesn't load and it just gives me some ugly alt text, secondly it barely ever remembers which threads I clicked on, and thirdly it used to remember all the ones I clicked on in VG and then it forgot all but one or two of them.

(

Hm, I have experienced that sometimes topics get stuck at the top, and the only way to help it is to clear cookies (or remove a certain cookie separately). Other than that it has been working great for me, what browser are you using?

Also, the cookies remembering the threads will be removed after a week (otherwise if you are tracking loads of old topics processing speed will suffer), this can be edited in the source if you want though. But it haven't been out for a week yet so that can't be it.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 10:56:57

NEWGROUNDS BBS DIRECT POST LINKS

Description
Adds a button to each post, allowing you to link to it directly

Verified to work with
Firefox and Chrome.

Status

Preview

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:01:58

At 3/7/10 10:36 AM, knugen wrote: I was thinking that I should keep track of scripts in a news post, but nobody will read that after a while

Now you know how it feels to have stories posted in your userpage when you know that no-one will never see it. It never happened to me though, I'm not a writer :/

At 3/7/10 10:36 AM, knugen wrote: NEWGROUNDS SEARCH FILTER

YES! Another great feature which will come in handy. BTW, can you add a filter for the flashes' dates? For instance, if you're looking for an old flash you just search flashes that were submitted before 2005. I don't know if that's possible (in fact I don't think it is), but I asked anyway just in case.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:03:05

NEWGROUNDS BBS USER STATS LINKS

Description
Adds extra links above each post to some sweet user stats on m00d.net

Verified to work with
Firefox and Chrome.

Status

Preview

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:10:56

NEWGROUNDS BBS THREAD WATCH

Description
Choose threads to watch. If there are new posts in them when you refresh they appear at the top of the forum! *Note* Uses cookies.

Verified to work with
Firefox and Chrome

Status
Late beta, or something :P There are a few bugs that needs to be ironed out, but it's functional.

Instructions (Somewhat outdated, but good enough)

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:16:33

At 3/7/10 11:01 AM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/7/10 10:36 AM, knugen wrote: I was thinking that I should keep track of scripts in a news post, but nobody will read that after a while
Now you know how it feels to have stories posted in your userpage when you know that no-one will never see it. It never happened to me though, I'm not a writer :/

I wasn't always an awesome mod with a userpage that everyone wants to keep up to date on ;)

YES! Another great feature which will come in handy. BTW, can you add a filter for the flashes' dates? For instance, if you're looking for an old flash you just search flashes that were submitted before 2005. I don't know if that's possible (in fact I don't think it is), but I asked anyway just in case.

Unfortunately you're right, or at least almost: That kind of info is not presented on the search page, so it would require the script to load info for all search results. A very high load for a single search =/

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:19:50

I downloaded all of them already, the search one is great too. make one for forum search next, the forum search sucks ass!

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:21:21

Hey these things are really cool, thank you!

|Foxes Club| |I VOICE ACT.|

PSN ID: jake-thesnake_ng XBL: SFC Fox Paw

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:24:32

I installed all of the scripts from your newspost and a few from userscripts too (It was really hard to resist installing this one). But now I'm afraid that all those extra scripts and requestings from citricsquid's server will slow down the loading of the threads or even general Newgrounds sites itself. I already got a pretty pathetic internet connection and I don't want to wait 3 minutes on a thread to load. It runs a bit slower already. Will there be any bigger problems if I just keep installing more scripts?

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:30:44

At 3/7/10 11:24 AM, ratchet103 wrote: (It was really hard to resist installing this one).

that one doesn't even work

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:34:23

At 3/7/10 11:31 AM, chubbthehippo wrote: what does it mean "linking to a bbs post"?

it links directly to someones post, so it scrolls down to the post when you click on it
like this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1150 914#bbspost20872381_heading

And what does the online button do for stat links?

link to someones stats on m00d

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:37:41

At 3/7/10 11:19 AM, robin1232 wrote: I downloaded all of them already, the search one is great too. make one for forum search next, the forum search sucks ass!

I just might :) What kind of filtering options would you guys like to have? Keep in mind that the info needed should be available somewhere on the search page.

At 3/7/10 11:24 AM, ratchet103 wrote: I installed all of the scripts from your newspost and a few from userscripts too (It was really hard to resist installing this one). But now I'm afraid that all those extra scripts and requestings from citricsquid's server will slow down the loading of the threads or even general Newgrounds sites itself. I already got a pretty pathetic internet connection and I don't want to wait 3 minutes on a thread to load. It runs a bit slower already. Will there be any bigger problems if I just keep installing more scripts?

These scripts are executed after the page finishes loading, and most of them use none or very few external resources, so no. You might experience a delay between the page finishing loading and the script executes though.

At 3/7/10 11:31 AM, chubbthehippo wrote:
At 3/7/10 10:56 AM, knugen wrote: NEWGROUNDS BBS DIRECT POST LINKS
At 3/7/10 11:03 AM, knugen wrote: NEWGROUNDS BBS USER STATS LINKS
What exactly do these two do?

The link button will provide you with links such as this one (links to your post without you having to scroll).

Clicking 'threads' above your post takes me here, and 'online' here.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:47:00

At 3/7/10 11:42 AM, Tateos wrote: I just downloaded this, and now the search bar on the Flash Portal page doesn't work. When I click search it doesn't do anything, but the one at the top of every page works fine though. Other than that it's awesome.

The script shouldn't even execute on the flash portal page, are you sure it worked before? What browser?

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:47:24

At 3/7/10 11:37 AM, knugen wrote:
At 3/7/10 11:19 AM, robin1232 wrote: I downloaded all of them already, the search one is great too. make one for forum search next, the forum search sucks ass!
I just might :) What kind of filtering options would you guys like to have? Keep in mind that the info needed should be available somewhere on the search page.

better title sorting, like if you would type "I like bananas" that it wouldn't be a random between the threads.
for example:

"I like cheese"
"bananas are cool"
and "I like bananas"

but that the "I like bananas" one would be on top

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 11:52:40

At 3/7/10 11:47 AM, knugen wrote:
At 3/7/10 11:42 AM, Tateos wrote: I just downloaded this, and now the search bar on the Flash Portal page doesn't work. When I click search it doesn't do anything, but the one at the top of every page works fine though. Other than that it's awesome.
The script shouldn't even execute on the flash portal page, are you sure it worked before? What browser?

I just realized you meant the one at the bottom xP That doesn't work for me either, but turning off the script doesn't help so that's not what's causing it.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 12:10:58

At 3/7/10 10:55 AM, knugen wrote: Hm, I have experienced that sometimes topics get stuck at the top, and the only way to help it is to clear cookies (or remove a certain cookie separately). Other than that it has been working great for me, what browser are you using?

Firefox 3.5.8

For me the video game regulars lounge is stuck at the top, while other threads don't go to the top at all even though they've been commented on

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 12:37:25

At 3/7/10 11:37 AM, knugen wrote: I just might :) What kind of filtering options would you guys like to have? Keep in mind that the info needed should be available somewhere on the search page.

I'd like a function where you can choose a range of dates for when the last reply in the thread was posted (date posted would be better, but like you said, it needs to be on the search page). That would really help searching with searching for a thread if you remember the date when it was made (as the last post isn't apt to be too far from the first).

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 12:51:39

At 3/7/10 11:16 AM, knugen wrote:
Unfortunately you're right, or at least almost: That kind of info is not presented on the search page, so it would require the script to load info for all search results. A very high load for a single search =/

I thought so... Don't worry :(

At 3/7/10 11:37 AM, knugen wrote:

Besides date (as InsertFunnyUserName suggested), choosing the amount of replies or pages that a thread has (in a "more than - less than" format would be good. This was so obvious that I didn't even have to suggest it, but again, I posted just in case.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 20:51:01

Good scripts, nice work :)

However, the online/offline one just stopped working for me. It worked before, but i just noticed that it wasn't there anymore.
I use Firefox and Greasemonkey says that the script is enabled.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 20:55:15

Looks like Citric's site is down which would explain why the online/offline isn't working.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 20:58:21

At 3/7/10 08:54 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 3/7/10 08:51 PM, MH16 wrote: Good scripts, nice work :)

However, the online/offline one just stopped working for me. It worked before, but i just noticed that it wasn't there anymore.
I use Firefox and Greasemonkey says that the script is enabled.
It relies on my server which just went down (currently at 1 hour and 43 minutes of downtime). It should be back soon, don't panic!

Haha, i'm not panicking :p
I mean, panic is like: ''AAAAAHHH!! SHIT, IT STOPPED WORKING! :'(''
So yeah, thanks for letting me know :)

At 3/7/10 08:55 PM, reverend wrote: Looks like Citric's site is down which would explain why the online/offline isn't working.

And you too :)

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-07 21:03:44

At 3/7/10 08:59 PM, Tateos wrote:
At 3/7/10 08:55 PM, reverend wrote: Looks like Citric's site is down which would explain why the online/offline isn't working.
It isn't working for me either.

The apocalypse is starting now :'(
Whoever reads this, tell me family i lov.. oh wait, they are going to die too :'(

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-09 17:40:19

Installed :D
thank you kindly

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-11 08:48:01

Bug report: Is this supposed to happen? Because it does sometimes D:

bump

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-03-11 18:24:15

At 3/11/10 04:47 PM, Tateos wrote:
At 3/11/10 08:53 AM, citricsquid wrote:
At 3/11/10 08:48 AM, ratchet103 wrote: Bug report: Is this supposed to happen? Because it does sometimes D:

bump
Which browser are you using?
I don't know what he's using, but it currently says that I am offline, when I clearly am not.

Woo, i'm part of that screenshot.
Anyway, that happens to me too sometimes. But it's no big deal, it's only there for a minute because you just replied or something like that.

BBS Signature