The NewGrounds Car! 2010-03-02 20:43:33
Well, Not literally. It would be my dream though, MY DREAM, to paint a full sized car this way.
This started a week ago, as a Nascar collectible die-cast stock car. it was about $30 bucks at a race back in 2001. Get this now, get it through your head now, ITS A MODEL CAR, I DIDNT MAKE IT, IM ONLY PAINTING EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT.This is going to be broken down into stages. Right now Im painting the body, but more pictures of that will be to come.
This is stage One, The underbody and prep paint. Although there are no pictures of prep really, It consists of me working on the underbody - Painting it and adding some modifications, but not many.
The image in this post is how the car originally looked like, it was a model of a 2001 #17 Dewalt Ford Taurus.
Step One, Actually seeing what i had to work with. This pic is blury, but you can see what is what. Gray, black, and some blue on the engine, from when I colored it in with sharpie a couple of years ago
Beginning of Inside
Step two, Actually beginning to paint. I chose to start with the roll cage since it was the most obvious of all the pieces. I shouldve saved it til last, since ive gone over some parts about 10 times now. but oh well, In this pic, The top part of the roll cage is cut off, to make acess easier. In this image it is a base red, but now the drivers part of the roll cage is newgrounds orange.
Progress 1 - Painting the Rollcage
Step 3, I start to paint the engine block. Now, I liked the idea of blue on the block, so i kept the color around the same, just dulled it down from what the hue of the sharpie was. Lightened it up abit for the Valve covers, Air cleaner will be made new grounds colors and headers are to be painted.
Progress 2 - Painting the Engine
Step 4, I went underneath for awhile to get the Trans Cover and the differential, nothing really special here
Step 5, Gave the seat some color, and some racing belts, and started to color the floor in a lighter gray, to get a better surface for the rest of the paint to catch on.
Step 6, Threw some color to the front of the radiator, Haven't touched the fan yet, may make it chrome or silver later though, even though im not going to see it...
Step 7, I pop the engine back in, Im noticing that it still needs touch up, which is in the process of being done on the side while parts of the body dries.
Progress 7 - Engine in underside - exhaust not yet completed...
Step 8 - I put the top of the rollcage back on - nuff said
--End Stage One--
In my next post I will show the more updated version of the undersides, along with the touched up engine and exhaust system, which will be later tonight. Along with that some pics of the body grinded down to bare metal (mostly).