00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Visit from LilJim!

8,211 Views | 66 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 08:54:07

We kept things a bit hush-hush for part of his trip, but in case you didn't notice on the BBS, LilJim came to the US!

The first half of his trip was in Florida, where he attended a PHP cruise. After that, he flew to Philly to visit us! You can see some pictures on the forums!

It was great having him here - we hope to have him out more often. Who knows, maybe he'll even move here some day! :)

We talked a lot about the site, and came up with some really cool new ideas. You'll just have to wait and see how many of them we pull off...

Tomorrow I'm flying out to San Diego for a three week "final push" with Alien Hominid. I can't say for sure that it will be FINISHED when I come back, but I can say for sure that the next three weeks will be intense - with coding sessions from 7am to midnight every day. I'll still check in and make updates, of course!

For now, you can get your AH FIX from this Time Trial submission by Luis!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 08:58:55

Can you please tell us Tom some of the ideas you came up with, please :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 09:01:31

I've been waiting for AH to be finished... You haven't been around much, Tom.

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 09:02:02

Woot, I'm happy that Alien Hominid is getting closer and closer to being finished, and Liljim's visit rocked my sox.

His small body was great.

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 09:14:18

At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: For now, you can get your AH FIX from this Time Trial submission by Luis!

thats pretty nice, and tom... why are you always toggling between level 9 and 10?

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 10:00:19

At 3/11/04 08:58 AM, Toocool100 wrote: Can you please tell us Tom some of the ideas you came up with, please :)

Yeah, we itching to know >:(

The worst member.

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 10:17:10

At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: Tomorrow I'm flying out to San Diego for a three week "final push"

i wish you the best of luck with your trip. and kick some ass for newgrounds

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 10:27:13

ok!! cool

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 10:59:07

WOOT! I can't wait for AH to come out. I swear, if by some bizzarre twist of fate, it comes out in Japan before the US (like most other cool games), I'm going to just sit here and cry. T_T lol

Drink PLENTY of cofee, dude...your going to need it...and don't over do yourself, you don't wanna get sick in the proccess. 7AM to midnight??? :(!

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 11:18:01

At 3/11/04 10:00 AM, macbeth- wrote:
At 3/11/04 08:58 AM, Toocool100 wrote: Can you please tell us Tom some of the ideas you came up with, please :)
Yeah, we itching to know >:(

Obviouslt because he's not depositing a lot...

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 11:21:59

At 3/11/04 09:14 AM, ShdowOfTheNite wrote:
At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: For now, you can get your AH FIX from this Time Trial submission by Luis!
thats pretty nice, and tom... why are you always toggling between level 9 and 10?

well good luck tom finishing ah, i look forward to playing it. cool that liljim was able to come to the states.

and shdowofthenight, tom toggles leves because as the points needed to level up rise, you need to keep your own points above that level or you level down (i think)

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 11:36:37

BAH! great idea i guess you have to be LilJim to get your 'great ideas' heard. Ive had a few ideas of my own... the first one going way back with the idea as award trophies for getting first place and such... which happened, though I cant officially take credit for it.

IDEA:
when a movie is submitted close to the deadline for that day (for top five) if it hasn't had enough votes to be judged for that day toss it onto next days judging... that way if a movie has like 10 votes at deadline then its 3.00 score wont count but if it had like 200 votes the next day it mignt have 3.57 big change.

IDEA:
Authors with a B or better over all flash score should be able resubmit newer versions of their movies and can only resubmit a new version once ever 2 weeks... or how you see fit and it will re-go to the 50 newest submissions.... -OR- you have a 50 of the newest upgrades, column though that would require a new face lift to the already snazzy flash portal, cant turn it into michel jackson now.

IDEA:
Color the Games and Movies differently, because sometime im really lazy and only want to watch a movie, or im in the mood to play a game.

IDEA:
CREATE THE NEWGROUNDS MPEG PORTAL OR SOMETHING... im tired of having to give a lower score to certain submissions that aren't flash... i just dont think its fair to the flash authors out there when somebody submits a nice 3d render or redubs a movie, to compair with somebody drawing a frame by frame animation.

IDEA:
Any author that has more than 3 movies blammed in, lest say, 2 weeks gets banned from submitting work for a few months or so.

I HAVE MANY MORE AND IM SORRY IF IM NOT THE GOD LilJim (not sarcastic) BUT IVE BEEN A USER FOR A GOOD 3.5 YEARS AND SEEN NG THOURGH THICK AND THIN

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 11:38:30

At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: We kept things a bit hush-hush for part of his trip, but in case you didn't notice on the BBS, LilJim came to the US!

The first half of his trip was in Florida, where he attended a PHP cruise. After that, he flew to Philly to visit us! You can see some pictures on the forums!

It was great having him here - we hope to have him out more often. Who knows, maybe he'll even move here some day! :)

During the whole whistle attack on Sunday night, I remarked in the #blamclub channel that since Wade had gone to bed, liljim would hopefully soon be up to deal with the idiots whistling all the movies in the portal, but someone told me he wasn't about to wake up because he wasn't in England, he was here in the States. Heh. And that was the first I heard of it, but then I noticed Wade's topic the other day as well. Sounds like you guys had fun, I'm glad for ya!

What exactly is a PHP cruise, though? A cruise where you learn PHP programming skills? O_o

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 11:47:39

At 3/11/04 11:36 AM, deadlock32 wrote: BAH! great idea i guess you have to be LilJim to get your 'great ideas' heard. Ive had a few ideas of my own... the first one going way back with the idea as award trophies for getting first place and such... which happened, though I cant officially take credit for it.

IDEA:
when a movie is submitted close to the deadline for that day (for top five) if it hasn't had enough votes to be judged for that day toss it onto next days judging... that way if a movie has like 10 votes at deadline then its 3.00 score wont count but if it had like 200 votes the next day it mignt have 3.57 big change.

(snip)

I HAVE MANY MORE AND IM SORRY IF IM NOT THE GOD LilJim (not sarcastic) BUT IVE BEEN A USER FOR A GOOD 3.5 YEARS AND SEEN NG THOURGH THICK AND THIN

That first idea is already in place. There's a period before the GG day ends where flashes submitted in that spot are eligible for the next day's awards, not that day's. I've seen a flash submitted at that time win an award over 24 hours later, so that's how I know it's already been in place for some time.

What's with all this pent-up hostility towards liljim?

Your ideas are no less valid than his in and of themselves, but he's been working on NG for many months and knows how a lot of it works and is thus more qualified to give advice to Tom about stuff than you are (as evidenced by you not knowing one of your ideas was already in place), PLUS being an admin simply means one has a shorter path to Tom's idea-receiving-center. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 11:53:41

That first idea is already in place. There's a period before the GG day ends where flashes submitted in that spot are eligible for the next day's awards, not that day's. I've seen a flash submitted at that time win an award over 24 hours later, so that's how I know it's already been in place for some time.

What's with all this pent-up hostility towards liljim?

Your ideas are no less valid than his in and of themselves, but he's been working on NG for many months and knows how a lot of it works and is thus more qualified to give advice to Tom about stuff than you are (as evidenced by you not knowing one of your ideas was already in place), PLUS being an admin simply means one has a shorter path to Tom's idea-receiving-center. #;-}>

No LilJim is sweet ;P, ive emailed ideas here and there to Tom and Or Wade... with not even a responce of 'cool thanks' of 'fuck off and stop emailing us' if the first one is in place it should be widen even more cuz i see plenty of awesome movies fall through the cracks.

IDEA:
blow the whistle stage should NEVER END because there are TOO many movies that are stolen that make it though the 'initial period'

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 12:24:06

good luck

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 13:57:02

At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: alot

Good luck on your flight, Tom. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 14:16:45

At 3/11/04 09:14 AM, ShdowOfTheNite wrote:

that'll be because the level up for level 10 is always changing according to the highest ranked experience holder on ng..tom must not vote much on submission, thus he slowly is ranked down to level 9

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 14:38:57

Dude AH is gonna rule

i cant wait for it to be finished (im not a lvl 1 n00b if you would like to know, its p00pm00s3's alternate account for piconjo jam)

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 15:04:11

At 3/11/04 02:38 PM, ploopmoose wrote: (im not a lvl 1 n00b if you would like to know, its p00pm00s3's alternate account for piconjo jam)

ahhhhhhhahahahaha, a noob!

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 15:35:59

Liljim is so cool....and he represents us british Newgrounders

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 15:48:23

At 3/11/04 09:01 AM, Asvegren wrote: I've been waiting for AH to be finished... You haven't been around much, Tom.

I'm always around... I'm just not too verbal. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 15:48:24

At 3/11/04 03:35 PM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: Liljim is so cool....and he represents us british Newgrounders

True. Liljim, can you have a look at all those lovely New levels we've got goiung though? Please? Pretty Please? I'll shut up now...

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 15:51:49

HI Tom it all sounds awsome can't wait to see what you have planned for the future will Pico 2 ever get done.?

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 16:00:36

At 3/11/04 03:51 PM, SteveZarebski wrote: HI Tom it all sounds awsome can't wait to see what you have planned for the future will Pico 2 ever get done.?

I think you've been asking him that same question in every one of your damn replies for the last year and a half.
just pretend he's working on it and you'll be happy.

BBS Signature

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 16:09:37

That is awesom just can't wait to see what the site will turn out to look like. And and just can't wait for AH to come out. I hope it comes out on GC.

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 16:15:40

At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: I can say for sure that the next three weeks will be intense - with coding sessions from 7am to midnight every day.

I don't understand how someone (Tom) who knows flash (actionscript) can somehow know how to code for a console game. How is it that you're coding this game if you've never programmed anything like this before?

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 16:25:48

At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote:

question! when are you gonna make a section for the time trial

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 16:53:38

At 3/11/04 08:54 AM, TomFulp wrote:

ok...and can you tell us anything about getting new levels?

BBS Signature

Response to Visit from LilJim! 2004-03-11 20:22:35

So LilJim how was the PHP cruise? Any hot Brazilian PHP programmer girls aboard?

px hulk.

BBS Signature